RheaZen

Rhea's Art

It does make it more interesting, but the highlights aren't placed quite right. Let there be a pixel or two of shading color next to the wing fingers and then add the highlights.

the first one was just 1 pixel(till highlight)..this one has 2:

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

That's a little more noticable. Don't make the highlights all along a line, dither a few pixels up into the shading color area (but not too much).

Not quite sure what you mean? but is this it?

user posted image

sooo...

user posted image ---> user posted image

haha. Well thanks Rhea..is it done? But i'll be back. When I have time, i'll bring back a couple templates for the s1/2 hatchling and egg. We'll see.

Edited by Sandface

It's not quite done, there are still some things that could be tweaked (ex. the colorcount problem), but let's just move onto the hatchlings and the egg for now.

nice, and much improved, sandface. rhea, you're awesome for helping people out. been following this thread to... i dunno... get tips, i guess?

saph - Just happy to help ^^;

Xbc - Uh. A gourd? Some of them can be rather irregularly shaped, so do you want me to mention how to smooth the lines, or to just leave them be? As for shading, leave off the brown bits until the main body has been shaded.

It's not quite done, there are still some things that could be tweaked (ex. the colorcount problem), but let's just move onto the hatchlings and the egg for now.

What should be tweaked?

And i wanted to name the species Nyte Glider.

Here's the egg:

user posted image

Does it look good?--what needs to be done to it?

Edited by Sandface

Don't worry about it for now, Sand ^^;

The egg is okay, if a little flat - a bit more contrast would make it pop more. But I presume you're using colors off the adult sprite, right?

I started using those colors, but I didn't have enough to cover the entire egg.

The first few colors I did use from the adult.

Is this any better?

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

How's this: 1user posted image OR 2user posted image

Which is better?

And also i wanted you to read this.

Does it sound okay, or like something this dragon/snake thing could be?

Edited by Sandface

All crit appreciated, even if it's 10 pages long.

user posted image

Supposed to be a demon dragon.

lol

My "gourd" was more of a joke/present than anything. And a shading test. haha

I am spriting, though. : D

@rhea: im working on coloring, is the ligh shade source ok?

user posted image

(beak wise)

Edited by Siryuki

I'm back. tongue.gif

I was bored last night so I decided to make something.

Is my anatomy getting any better?

user posted image

Edit:: Cleaned it up a bit and got rid of the wings for now:

user posted image

Edited by tikigurl91

D: So many people.

Sand - I prefer the 2nd egg. As for the dragon concept... hm. You'll probably be made fun of for the name (the alternative spelling, "nyte"). Otherwise it's pretty good, though it's a bit odd that they live in warmer climates and have fur. Most furred dragons live in cold climates. Still, it's not a big deal. If you are going to be making this a concept, we'll have to go over the adult again - redlines might be easier.

wonton - Is it an amphithere? It doesn't appear to have any limbs. The face is a bit... truncated, and doesn't look very dragon-like at all. The wing membrane needs to be extended a bit more (the surface area is a bit small currently) and the tattering is a tad excessive.

lul Xbc :P

Siryuki - Contrast! I can hardly tell that it's shaded.

tiki - Noodle limbs, especially on the hind legs. That's pretty much the only issue (besides the wing, which looks a bit odd, but more on that later). The hind legs are sort of... cramped, in that position. You might want to try extending one behind the body or something of the sort, as currently it looks squished and unbalanced.

http://images.inmagine.com/img/fancy/fan99...n4221637389.jpg Maybe? Not so drastic, but the general idea.

D: So many people.

Sand - I prefer the 2nd egg. As for the dragon concept... hm. You'll probably be made fun of for the name (the alternative spelling, "nyte"). Otherwise it's pretty good, though it's a bit odd that they live in warmer climates and have fur. Most furred dragons live in cold climates. Still, it's not a big deal. If you are going to be making this a concept, we'll have to go over the adult again - redlines might be easier.

ok..i'll change the name to Night Glider

and what i meant by the "hair" is its like peach fuzz not really hair. Like it has a snake scale bumpy texture but with hair like a peach. If you get what i'm saying

and sure redlines are fine.

Edited by Sandface

So do I still have to do work on the adult then?