Elena

Names you can't believe you got.

It had been a while since I last grabbed a surprising name, but a few days ago I got Madeira. :D

Maeby

^ Yay for Arrested Development!

due to lots of people having vampire dragons im surprised i got the name draculaalucard

Have a bunch of cb Reds named for movie stars, many from the 30s and 40s, my Red Carpet . Most of them were named 8, 9, 10 years ago and while I got some great names, many names I tried were not available. I picked up a new Red last week and was amazed when I was able to name him Clark Gable, https://dragcave.net/lineage/6rkCZ.

I wasn't able to get Five Days Darkness, but I'm still amazed that I was able to get two distinct variants of her dad's name (he was renamed from Sol The Unconquered Sun--I found it too clunky) as well as The Empyreal Chaos. Exalted's not super popular but this site's been around long enough that I would have thought someone else would have grabbed them by the time they were named.

e: Added name proof, thankfully it was still in my logs.

solnames.png

Edited by Guillotine

How in the world were: 

Legitimate CB

Legit CB

CB Legit

Not taken? I now have all three of these names [the legit on horse dragons, and the Legitimate on a Gold (and yes, they are cave born and not market bought)]

This entire group. I'm so happy.

https://dragcave.net/group/169229

Some context in spoiler.

Spoiler

Esh's Aurunmilla is an obscure arcade game from the 80s that I saw in a video one time. It has not left my subconscious since.

Edited by 0x08
The group was private at first, my bad

After all these years, I've finally been lucky enough to be able to trade for a Neglected Dragon.   Then I thought I would surely have trouble finding a good name to give him, but my first try worked great.  Now he's named,  "A Sorry Sight."  :D

Edited by Stormcaller
Added a link

Been building some new lines and will be naming or renaming a bunch of my red Gemshards. Tried "Charlie Watts" and I got it?!?!? Decided to try a little more and got "Bill Wyman," "Brian Jones," "Mick Taylor,"  and "Ronnie Wood." :D

I couldn't get Mick Jagger or Keith Richards, but did manage "Keith Richardz" and based on Mad Magazine from too many years ago, I got "Mick Ragged" and "The Rolling Tunes." XD

I already have "The Rolling Gemstones" set aside... ;)

Maybe it's obscure enough not to count, but I was surprised when I named a baby "The Long Retreat" today and it worked.  /Tolkien geek

Also named "Crossed Lines" and that wasn't taken, either!

Edited by sorenna