Elena

Names you can't believe you got.

What the what ... I got "The Boulder." Didn't think there'd be any actual Avatar names left. 

Grabbed a red off the AP for trade bait, and don't have anything to bundle him with, so he'll stay, can always use a red.  Just for the heck of it, I tried, Sometimes it's just meant to be.

Heck--I couldn't believe that was free!  Just seems like kind of an obvious name for a site where you catch or breed rare pixel pets!  Well, I guess... Sometimes it's just meant to be!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BJOuy

I actually can't believe I got this one. 'Mistra Anderson' - for one of my Mistras. :)

Speaking of which, I also managed to nab 'Burts' for a descendant of Burtonesque Grave SAs which is pretty neat.

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

I actually can't believe I got this one. 'Mistra Anderson' - for one of my Mistras. :)

Speaking of which, I also managed to nab 'Burts' for a descendant of Burtonesque Grave SAs which is pretty neat.

I love the Matrix reference, so jealous! :lol:

I can't believe I got 'Shouting at the World' AND 'But Nobody's Listening'.

Cheers!

Shala

Have quite a few that are in languages other than English--that definitely opens up some possibilities.

Golden Wyverns:

Settantanove - 79 in Italian (atomic number of gold)

Setenta y Nueve - 79 in Spanish (ditto)

Labradorite Dragon:

Feldspathic - Containing feldspar

Avea Pygmy:

Fluge - Flights in German (okay technically it's flüge but whatever)

Undead Eastern:

Jia Beng - Chinese, refers to the death of a king or emperor.

Frostbite Dragon:

Fridgerator - Refrigerator + Fridge

Black Marrow: 

Freinacht - Bavarian holiday, equivalent of Walpurgisnacht.

Omen Wyrm: 

San Pascualito Muerte - Folk saint in Guatemala culture ("King of the Graveyard")

I got "Hellf," as in, I started writing "Hellfire" and then was surprised when the little checkmark popped up. 

I guess it's a silly name and not a word, but it always shocks me when very simple things haven't been taken yet.

Edited by Toyo

https://dragcave.net/lineage/D4KtL is Terrordactl - I know it's "dactyl" and not "dactl", but with that code I couldn't resist. I honestly would have thought even this version would have been taken, though!

Edit: Gifted this Kohraki to a friend with none, but he also nabbed the name at my prompting. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

Oh! Here’s one I just got! https://dragcave.net/lineage/1wFTu
I’d thought it’d be taken, especially given how long ago P4 Ultimax came out, but guess it’s niche enough that no one bothered. Oh well, it’s one of my favourite characters so hellyeah I got him.

Got a Cavern Lurker with parents "Constellation's Nebula" and (JiNyX) as part of a trade this year.  Named it "Jinxed Constellation" and was kinda surprised it wasn't taken!

3 Wishes.

Three Wishes was all ready taken up, but was just surprised that this one wasn't taken either.

SCP-939-3, -19, -53, -89, -96, -98, -99, and -109 for my CB Kohraki Dragons.Their description reminded me of this SCP so I looked up the SCP page and tried the names listed there and while SCP-939-1 was taken, the rest listed were surprisingly available. I thought they wouldn't be because SPC is kinda popular and this specific one is more well know

8 hours ago, cabuso said:

https://dragcave.net/view/n/Restrooms Just got this today! I...truly do not understand how lol

Wow!  I never in a million years would have tried that, because I'd just assume it was already taken; nice grab. 

Also, today I named a Witchlight "Secret Hoard" and it worked!?  That's such a basic dragon-y thing, I'm shocked nobody had used it yet!

Ditto for the hatchling I named "Turtleneck Sweater."  :)

"it's m" and "it's f"

just placeholder names to remind me about influences, but it's so simple. 

Wow... just named some of my Pitfires and I'm stoked. Apparently, not only was Saint Anger not taken, neither was Scarlet Dorn or The Devil's Kiss. Now if only I could find the owner of Lord of the Lost and bribe them with shinies to part with that name... lmao  XD

I'm surprised by my whole scroll pretty much!

Here's a few:

"Mauve Roses"

"Goblin Teeth"

"Never Ending Skies"

"Wings of Shining Silver"

"Time Goes Fast"

"Choir of Ghouls"

"Made of Nightmares"

"Truly Tragic"

"I Don't Fear Ghosts"

I got 'The Dance of Italy' which may not be all that cool but I love it since it's an Unus Annus reference.

I was so amazed that nobody has named their Tri-Horn Tree-Horn yet, because that's how I have pronounced Tri-Horn all those years, until I realized that it's actually "Try-Horn". XD I still think it's a funny name for a Tri-Horn...

I just named a White dragon "His Honor."   It was going to be more than that because variations of honor were used in his lineage, but I couldn't resist leaving it at this. 

3 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I just named a White dragon "His Honor."   It was going to be more than that because variations of honor were used in his lineage, but I couldn't resist leaving it at this. 

Oh hey, that's one of my kids! :D Glad to see he's got a good home and an awesome name!