Saif

Pet Peeves

The phrase "natural" colors. Are there no bright colors found in nature? Are parrots and reef fish just dyed to look so bright? No, then why differentiate between natural and by exclusion "unnatural" colors when many of them DO occur in nature?

Renters and rental properties. dry.gif

My mom is 86 and has a host of health issues, and can no longer deal with her properties or talk to the renters, and somebody has to and that means me. I'm not cut out for this job for so many reasons, and never had any interest at all in the whole real estate thing for good reason. I can't stand dealing with people on this level. I detest it.

I've always been somewhat of a loner, and I like it like that. But now, out of nowhere, I've got to deal up close and personal with strangers and their problems every time I turn around. The drama associated with having these properties is beyond belief. And through the years I've watched my mom get taken advantage of over and over again, and it just disgusted me beyond belief. My mom has 'sucker' written on her forhead, so a lot of that is her own fault, imo, and her getting screwed was no big surprise, but having to listen to these people and their dumb stories, obviously crap, and watching my mom get taken for a ride would drive me nuts but there was nothing I could do but seeth. I started to really dislike people even more at that point. People have stolen from my mom and left owing hundreds, if not a couple thousand, dollars rent, people have left the house in utter and complete filth and chaos, and it's just stressful.

Every month I have somebody that's got excuses as to why they can't pay the damn rent. One of our renters is a real nutjob. I had finally had it with the late rent, and I told him flat out I would start eviction immediately if the rent wasn't in my hand within 2 days. He flipped out. Was yelling at me for one, and going on a tangent about how 'disrespectful' I was, and that didn't I know that he was related to Dutch royalty? Yes indeed, the only reason he was almost 2 months late was because his royal relatives hadn't sent him his check yet. Uh huh. The month before that he was a 'famous author' who was getting ready to release a best seller. Yup. (I told my mom not to rent to this guy, as the vibe I got from him wasn't a good one, but she didn't listen, as usual. >_<)

I hear everything. And really, honestly, I don't care or want to. I want the rent. That's it. Evidently with some people, that's asking too much, and because I ask it I'm 'unreasonable'. mad.gif

All that mess was in my mind this morning because I have to deal with yet another renter that hasn't paid the rent today and I'm not looking forward to it.

I want to be a nice person. I really do. I want to be friendly. I want to be understanding. I want to be so nice, really. So, people out there who think I'm a mean, royal queen bee, why not make it easier on me, hmmm? Keep the excuses, drama, and whining to yourself and just pay the rent. Simple.

Ah, it felt good to get that off my chest. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Hypocrites and ignorance generally. People acting spoilt and saying others are spoilt when they are more spoilt themselves...

People who think they are funny, but end up being obnoxious.

1. People who purposely breed messy lineaged dragons and abandon them because they just don't care.

2. People who talk about others behind their backs

3. People who post vague and depressing status updates on Facebook then get mad and say they don't want to talk about it when you ask about it

4. People who constantly like Facebook pictures because it said "something" is supposed to happen if you like it

5. People who don't listen to advice and then everything happens just the way you said it would and they ask why they didn't have any warning signs dry.gif

Edited by Shato

My mom's inability to get off the phone.

"Yeah so--*beep* Oh, sorry Mom, I have another call. I'll call you back."

"Okay. Oh, but I forgot to tell you about the thing that I forgot to tell you about, and I will now go over it in great detail!"

"Mom--"

"And also this tangentially related topic, because I just remembered it!"

"Yes, that's great, but--"

"Also did you remember to do that thing I'm now reminding you to do even though you're 25?"

"Yes, Mom, I really need to--never mind, they hung up."

People who make walking through the school hallway difficult. mad.gif

I walk like I'm running from a T-Rex, so it's really frustrating when I come across:

1. People who walk in slo-mo for no apparent reason.

2. People who text while they're walking through a crowd.

3. Girls who link arms with their groupies and take up half of the hallway.

4. Bf/gfs who absolutely MUST stand on top of each other, hugging, and try to walk at the same time.

5. People who slam on their brakes to turn and talk to someone or go the other way. I have too much inertia to stop on a dime.

6. Guys who push each other into lockers because it's funny... not being considerate of people who may be nearby and get hit by collateral.

7. People who make out in the hallway. I mean really, please keep it classy and low-key for when you're in public. Get as physical as you want when you're alone, but some of us aren't voyeurs.

When people assume that I'm into things that I'm not actually into. I don't watch anime and I don't understand why people assume I do (including my mother for some reason?) The only manga I've ever read all the way through was Azumanga Daioh, and I didn't obsess over it or anything, and I haven't even paid actual attention to an episode of any anime ever in years, not to mention I've NEVER watched an anime series the entire way through (unless you count
as an actual anime series,) and I've always been far more into video games than cartoons of any kind... Also, my entire family spontaneously decided to assume I was into owls for some reason. I mean, owls are cool and all, but I'm really more of a reptile person... I don't understand. :c

Well that's... weird. My mother assumes I love anime and owls. I have no idea why. Anime she's assumed I've loved for years, and owls was just a random thing. I love all animals, and owls are great but WHY OWLS. WHYY.

Though I guess I just like animation and cartoons in general so I do like anime, just not especially.

My pet peeve to throw in here: when people are incapable of making a decent female character and instead just make her "catty" and perfect in most every other way. That's not a strong female character, that's just a boring, annoying one sorry to break it to you like this

also lol everyone here has a "proper grammar" pet peeve it seems like. TOO BAD I'LL GRAMMAR HOW I WANT

Edited by Zovesta

also lol everyone here has a "proper grammar" pet peeve it seems like. TOO BAD I'LL GRAMMAR HOW I WANT

I'm one of those people, but I cracked up when I read this. I think I'll add that to my favorite quotes of all time. xd.png

One of my pet peeves: Being sick. There is absolutely no enjoyable aspect of being sick and it means I don't get things done. mad.gif

Okay, here's a pet peeve of mine that might turn into a rant by accident... Why do people automatically assume that teenage girls can think of nothing but guys, make-up, shopping, and bad gossip? On my 13th birthday, my grandparents and aunt and uncle pooled some money and bought me some very expensive make-up. I almost wanted to cry because I have no use for it. I've worn that make-up maybe once, and I actually ended up taking it off because I stayed home because I felt ill. My grandmother is still trying to force make-up on me; she keeps sending me home with free samples of make-up. >.< It just really gets under my skin.

Okay, here's a pet peeve of mine that might turn into a rant by accident... Why do people automatically assume that teenage girls can think of nothing but guys, make-up, shopping, and bad gossip? On my 13th birthday, my grandparents and aunt and uncle pooled some money and bought me some very expensive make-up. I almost wanted to cry because I have no use for it. I've worn that make-up maybe once, and I actually ended up taking it off because I stayed home because I felt ill. My grandmother is still trying to force make-up on me; she keeps sending me home with free samples of make-up.  >.< It just really gets under my skin.

Same here. I'm not into stereotypical teen girl stuff, so it annoys me when people assume I am. dry.gif I really don't want clothes and hair accessories for Christmas, y'all. So stop sending them to me!

@Zovesta: I'll admit, I am a grammar nazi. But you made me laugh so hard there. laugh.gif

Rabid Anti-Bronies who think Cloppers and Bronies are the same thing. Not a hate for ALL anti-bronies, mind you, people have every right not to like my show. If they don't want to watch it, that's fine with me. But there is a difference between simply not liking the show and going around and telling us that we're child-molesting basement-dwelling obese censorkip.gif**s who are gay and have no life and should go kill themselves and have no friends and are hated by everyone and ugly and retarded and sick and pedophilic and should go crawl in a hole particularly inside a burning building and die.

Bronies are people who enjoy watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Cloppers are Bronies who get sexual enjoyment out of it.

NOT EVERY SINGLE BRONY IS A CLOPPER.

^

| The same can also be said for a lot of excuses:

Not every brony is rabid (I understand they exist and shame our community, but a lot of people use this as an excuse to hate every brony everywhere. Ironically, most people who say this are just as bad.)

Not every brony is gay (Even if they are, who cares?)

Not every brony is a furry (And not every furry is a pedophile.)

etc.

Okay, here's a pet peeve of mine that might turn into a rant by accident... Why do people automatically assume that teenage girls can think of nothing but guys, make-up, shopping, and bad gossip? On my 13th birthday, my grandparents and aunt and uncle pooled some money and bought me some very expensive make-up. I almost wanted to cry because I have no use for it. I've worn that make-up maybe once, and I actually ended up taking it off because I stayed home because I felt ill. My grandmother is still trying to force make-up on me; she keeps sending me home with free samples of make-up.  >.< It just really gets under my skin.

Stereotypes. Luckily, when I was five year old, I smashed all of the dolls I had because they were creepy to me. My family took the hint and started buying dinosaur or animal toys. And when I got a bit older and started reading all of them took to buying me books. As a result, nobody ever tried to buy me make-up.

More of my pet peeves:

- Current trend in YA literature. No, I do not want to read about ordinary girl falling in love with supernatural boyfriend and then frolicking around. The same goes for love triangles.

- Messy lineage breedesr. I just want to strangle the person that breeds all those dragons with name scheme "pokemon color".

- Obnoxious people who think they are fun and crazy. No, imitating Naruto and shouting believe it at the end of every sentence doesn't mean that you are unique.

- People who don't fight for themselves. I was one of them, and only now, I realize how harder I made it for those around me and myself.

- People who don't take care of their kids. You had it, you kept it. Take care of it. Don't leave it screaming on my lap.

- Fake people that only acknowledge you when they need you.

I could go on and on. I probably will, once I remember all of them xd.png

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Stereotypes. Luckily, when I was five year old, I smashed all of the dolls I had because they were creepy to me. My family took the hint and started buying dinosaur or animal toys. And when I got a bit older and started reading all of them took to buying me books. As a result, nobody ever tried to buy me make-up.

I also loved dinosaur toys as a kid. The few dolls I did have often served as the dinosaurs food for them.

Onto the subject at hand:

Tailgaters. No, riding on MY bumper is not going to make the little old lady four cars ahead of me go any faster. I want to go faster too, but right now there is nothing I can do, so stop bugging me about it.

Rabid Anti-Bronies who think Cloppers and Bronies are the same thing. Not a hate for ALL anti-bronies, mind you, people have every right not to like my show. If they don't want to watch it, that's fine with me. But there is a difference between simply not liking the show and going around and telling us that we're child-molesting basement-dwelling obese censorkip.gif**s who are gay and have no life and should go kill themselves and have no friends and are hated by everyone and ugly and retarded and sick and pedophilic and should go crawl in a hole particularly inside a burning building and die.

Yeah, I don't understand those kinds of antis for anything. It's embarrassing to think that people like that are out there. Though I do tease a friend and my crush about being a brony xd.png

I don't like being poked a whole lot depending on who it is. Mostly my sister who pokes me way too much trying to figure out where I'm ticklish. It drives me nuts.

I also don't like sitting behind someone in any given situation. And when I'm sitting in front of someone in class and they feel the need to put their feet on my chair and move every ten seconds. Only reason I tolerate my seating in math is that I'm not sitting in front of anyone.

Bronies are people who enjoy watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Cloppers are Bronies who get sexual enjoyment out of it.

NOT EVERY SINGLE BRONY IS A CLOPPER.

^

| The same can also be said for a lot of excuses:

Not every brony is rabid (I understand they exist and shame our community, but a lot of people use this as an excuse to hate every brony everywhere. Ironically, most people who say this are just as bad.)

Not every brony is gay (Even if they are, who cares?)

Not every brony is a furry (And not every furry is a pedophile.)

etc.

Amen, sister. That's another huge pet peev of mine- my parents are among those who believe bronies are pedophiles and emotionally challenged people who never grew out of childhood, etc.

I don't care if someone hates my show or not- because it's likely that I hate something that they're a fan of. But I don't insult them for it or attack them, so they should show the same respect to me. And my fellow bronies.

Unfortunately, some people just don't have the courtesy to do that. It makes me angry.

/)*(\

They way smokers always seem to sit/stand upwind of you at bus stops etc. so you have no choice but to breathe in the second hand smoke and the bus is also late

People who just assume that you'll have bad luck in relationships for the rest of your days because of whatever odd quirk you seem to have.

My parents and I are animal lovers; we currently have a small zoo of eight pets: three dogs, four cats, and a snake. When a customer at the restaurant I work at was asking me questions about what pets I might have (that's another thing; why do some strangers suddenly find other strangers so interesting that they start asking things that get steadily more personal? It's downright weird and very rude), and told the truth, he and his wife both looked at me funny and said, and I quote:

"Wow. You must have a lot of problems finding a boyfriend."

Just...what. Did he mean that I never had time, or that having pets just makes me weird? They never elaborated.

dry.gif Well I got news: any guy that won't take me for who I am, I got nothing to say to; and I got nothing to say to people who generalize like that, either.

Edited by Kithra

I'm glad my rampant prickishness can make people laugh.

Ugh that almost made me cry READING it. D: But, then again, whenever people waste money, it makes me want to cry. On an unrelated note, living in America makes me sob every day. =P

On the other side of the coin, I hate it when people think they're better than you because they aren't a "typical teenage girl". I enjoy wearing pink skirts and dresses, fussing with my hair, putting on elaborate makeup, shopping, cooking, reading romance novels, and Idgaf if you do or don't. Just leave me alone and stop harassing me for enjoying myself. >:I

It's normally these pseudo-feminists who really don't know what they're talking about or what feminism is that harass me for it, too. And when I call them out on their BS, they try to backpedal by saying things like "well you should be independent" and "everyone's naturally beautiful". I can fix a car, pay bills, carry out gallons of water to animals every day, even in three-foot drifts, and cook for myself. It's not like it's your job to go around and make sure that everyone is self-sufficient anyway. And that last argument makes so little sense. Well ok I guess I won't paint today because a blank piece of paper is beautiful as it is v(6v6)v thanks i forgot that as a woman i'm not allowed to art all over my face

/endpetpeeverant

Also, agreed on the brony thing! I'm not even a fan of MLP: FiM, but I encourage people to stop thinking that girly things are weak or bad and, well, just enjoy themselves! There's no shame in liking cartoons they're supposed to be fun ... And I personally don't care if someone's a "clopper" or not lol.

Edited by Zovesta

dry.gif   Well I got news: any guy that won't take me for who I am, I got nothing to say to; and I got nothing to say to people who generalize like that, either.

And you keep on thinking that!

My BF and I have been together for 3 & 1/2 years, and we have two dogs, three cats, two Dwarf hammies, and a couple of fish. He came flying into our old apartment one day, to tell me that he saw a tiny baby mouse, and spent an hour with me trying to catch the tiny thing. HE went out and bought a little cage for the little guy.

I thought I was the one that always adopted strays, or animals that people can't take care of anymore, but now I find that I'm the one trying to be the voice of reason (even when I don't want to be) xd.png

Loving animals has no impact on getting a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, unless they themselves are not animal lovers, but then, you wouldn't be with them for long anyway laugh.gif

Now, if someone's love of animals turns into animal hoarding....

Edited by CDM

And you keep on thinking that!

My BF and I have been together for 3 & 1/2 years, and we have two dogs, three cats, two Dwarf hammies, and a couple of fish. He came flying into our old apartment one day, to tell me that he saw a tiny baby mouse, and spent an hour with me trying to catch the tiny thing. HE went out and bought a little cage for the little guy.

I thought I was the one that always adopted strays, or animals that people can't take care of anymore, but now I find that I'm the one trying to be the voice of reason (even when I don't want to be) xd.png

Loving animals has no impact on getting a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife, unless they themselves are not animal lovers, but then, you wouldn't be with them for long anyway laugh.gif

Now, if someone's love of animals turns into animal hoarding....

you halve alot.png of pets....nice. i want some hammies.

girls who dress exactly the same as one another....get some originality. i cant stand those greek looking sandles with the white straps or toms. hate those with a passion. and socks with a trimp. arghhh

When somebody is scolding me and keeps saying: "Understand?", "Isn't it?" and similar stuff and they will keep repeating those damn questions (usually angrily) until I say "yes".

Or when they speak (scolding) A LOT and when I think they're done and I start walking away, they say harshly "Come back here, I'm not done yet".

sleep.gif

That annoys me as much as insects do.

Edited by Slytherin7

I realized that websites that time out and log you out after a set period of time really really bug me.

As do people on DC who don't name their dragons with capital letters. I've been spending too much time reviewing descriptions...

When people say stuff like "isn't this already known" or "I already know" in a topic that isn't duplicated twice or anything. They don't even post how they feel. They just say that and quote each other. censorkip.gif at least share your thoughts on the topic. ಠ_ಠ

Watch out for censor evasion! Let the boards censor block out the entire word.

Straw feminists... oh, and people who overuse your mom jokes. I have to ride a bus to school with an elementary school. I have heard so many "YOUR MOM/WELL NEITHER IS YOUR MOM" jokes it makes me want to commit mass murder.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx