Saif

Pet Peeves

As it's literally just cropped up.... people who seem to think Catholics aren't Christian. Just really annoys me. And I'm not even Catholic.

DC flood control, but that's not as much of a pet peeve anymore because it was changed back to 30 seconds.

People who start talking over me and then act like it is no big deal when I call them out on it. Sometimes they act like I'm stupid for being annoyed by their rudeness.

When people recommend birds as starter pets or pets you use to prepare you for something like a cat or a dog. The average lifespan of my two medium sized birds is 40 years and 60 years, they aren't a starter animal, they are a LIFE animal.

Another girl-related pet peeve.

So I was in the locker room, getting changed into my P.E. clothes and some girl comes up to her friends locker who happens to be close to mine and says "We're playing hockey,are we dressing today?" (keep in mind they had their clothes in their lockers and were able and supposed to change.) the other one responds "If we don't dress we won't be able to play."

"But it's hockey."

"No, we're still playing soccer."

"Oh!" and she goes off to change.

Basically, my pet peeve is girls who think they don't have to do what their supposed to do because they don't like it/ want to. I also don't like how the P.E. teachers punish this behavior, if you're not dressed you can't play and don't get sent back up to change. Which is exactly what they want.

Another thing that happened in the locker room. A girl with a terrible, high pitched, annoying voice told her friends how she made a girl cry. She's the kind of half-shirt wearing and i'll-wear-short-shorts-because-I-want-to girl. Conversation went something like this:

"So I made this girl cry today because I told her to go die in a hole, your so censorkip.gif annoying. Then she started crying so I said 'Fine, i'll dig it for you!'"

"HAGNRT FJDV RGFJBV GFCJHVXNC GO DIE IN A HOLE LOL"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHEHEHEHDCHZHAJAJA"

"hehehehehehehe LOLOLOLOLOL!!!"

I think you can see that pet peeve by the conversation its self.

Edited by NightLovesFantasies

People who start talking over me and then act like it is no big deal when I call them out on it. Sometimes they act like I'm stupid for being annoyed by their rudeness.

I hate that too!

When the 8th graders are all like "Aww.. look at the little kids!"

I'm in freaking 6th grade. Not a 3rd grader.

6th graders sure seem little to me xd.png. It's all about perspective. But to be fair, when I was in 6th grade we didn't think of ourselves as little either.

Going to a seemingly harmless/previously useful Internet page and getting infected by a virus.

The other day, I was trying to start a game I previously had no problems playing, then all of a sudden my antivirus blocked a Trojan horse. blink.gif I hate this.

This so much. And to add, people who talk over you, yet get all annoyed when someone else talks over them.

Typing a huge assignment, saving periodically, and still losing everything when the computer crashes.

Edited by clara954

When one of the cats use the litter box after I clean it and I have to stand there and wait for them to finish so I can put the lid back on. Blackie, couldn't you have done this before I cleaned? Or use on of the already lidded ones?

When one of the cats use the litter box after I clean it and I have to stand there and wait for them to finish so I can put the lid back on. Blackie, couldn't you have done this before I cleaned? Or use on of the already lidded ones?

Every cat I've ever known does this. It's like they take it as a personal insult that you are removing their waste and need to immediately mark it up again.

Typing a huge assignment, saving periodically, and still losing everything when the compter crashes.

This, so this. That happened to my 6th grade Science Fair project. Actually, Publisher just deleted the file, but still. I was pulling my hair out trying to get that thing done.

This, so this. That happened to my 6th grade Science Fair project. Actually, Publisher just deleted the file, but still. I was pulling my hair out trying to get that thing done.

What was even worse was that I remembered I had another (older) copy on a thumb drive, only to find that the drive itself was corrupted.

I hate it people twisting my words and people who ask the same question every day.

For example:

Carl: I have samples for you.

*I look at it*: That's for XX testing. I only do YY. Give it to Luke.

Next day:

Carl: I got this from GG-company for you. Alex says it's urgent.

me: We don't do YY testing for GG-company. Let me see... That's not for me, that's XX testing. Luke is doing that. I already told you yesterday.

Next day:

Carl: Here is the stuff for today. *handing it*

me: Wait. *handing back half of it*

Carl: Oh, you don't do XX testing? Do you only do YY testing?

me: Yes

*Carl brings samples to Luke, I watch him*

Frank (who accompanied Carl): You'll have to tell him that tomorrow again.

me: I know.

Writing this down makes it funny, I can't help but laugh now, but it's really annoying. Especially if you have a lot of work to do.

Well, I have an essay due Wednesday where I have to analyze every single sentence of a four page magazine article because the English department is trying a new experimental project. And I was talking to my friend (who doesn't go to my school) and here's how the conversation went.

Me: It wouldnt be so bad if we didn't have to read 30 pages every night.

Her: That's nothing!

Me: Are you kidding? It takes me over an hour!

Her: Are you slow or something? I read the entire 7th Harry Potter book in a day.

Me: *facepalm*

Academic reading =/= Harry Potter. No one makes a person mark up Harry Potter. And I've never had to read every other sentence in HP multiple times just to figure out what it means.

Edited by chuhulil

There are classes involved with marking up Harry Potter all over colleges. wink.gif

That said, yes, academic reading does take some time, but depending on the material it shouldn't take more than an average of two hours.

Going to my school library all revved up cause I wanna talk to the librarian about this new show only to find out she's just left. tongue.gif

There are classes involved with marking up Harry Potter all over colleges. wink.gif

That said, yes, academic reading does take some time, but depending on the material it shouldn't take more than an average of two hours.

Yeah. but she was talking about reading it for pleasure, which is not the same as reading a novel in a class. And it's not really the reading alone, but it takes much longer than two hours because of the other assignments we have.

Edited by chuhulil

I hate when my teacher says instructions 3 times to make sure everyone understands what to do and then idiots STILL ask me what to do. You were supposed to be listening sleep.gif