TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I was gone for the holidays and missed all the ornaments except for days 10, 11, and 12. Is there anyway I could get the ornaments I missed? Because I can't help but feel I've been given an unfair disadvantage by something that I can't control.

So I have to redo my tree...

Thank you I appreciate you helping me =)

Your welcome. smile.gif Sorry you have to redo your tree. sad.gif

I was gone for the holidays and missed all the ornaments except for days 10, 11, and 12. Is there anyway I could get the ornaments I missed? Because I can't help but feel I've been given an unfair disadvantage by something that I can't control.

No, there is no way to get the ornaments you missed.

For some reason, on day 12 I got the dragons and parrots, but I didn't get the gold and silver stars.

Anyone else have this problem? I seem to have gotten all of the other items listed with the exception of those stars.

I can't believe we have to wait 2 whole weeks to find out who won.

It's gonna be a loooong 2 weeks. tongue.gif

lol, a long two weeks indeed biggrin.gif

i can understand why it takes so long though, there will be thousands of trees on the site and I for one and going to try and rate as many as possible then TJ has to choose from a final 200 and narrow it down to what only 40 or 50 trees

For some reason, on day 12 I got the dragons and parrots, but I didn't get the gold and silver stars.

Anyone else have this problem? I seem to have gotten all of the other items listed with the exception of those stars.

Have you used the reset ornaments button? The stars were hidden in my tree underneath a lot of other things and hard to see before I hit reset to find them.

But you can't submit it second time, right?

You are not actually submitting your tree>>>>> you are submitting your scroll TJ will take that list and make the trees from them available for review after the editing is locked-- you can work on your tree up until that time. The one on your scroll at the end after editing is locked is the one that will be entered in the contest!

See that all depends on peoples preferences to xP

Some people might prefer traditional trees to others. -shrugs-

In the end that's what judging always comes down to personal preference.

I'll vote based on my opinion of a nice looking tree just like everyone else will on theirs. :3

Exactly, once it is submitted it is out of our hands. We just have to hope that the tree we decorate will appeal to everybody.

Have you used the reset ornaments button? The stars were hidden in my tree underneath a lot of other things and hard to see before I hit reset to find them.

Thank you. That was the problem. Unfortunately now I have to redecorate the tree! LOL

See that all depends on peoples preferences to xP

Some people might prefer traditional trees to others. -shrugs-

In the end that's what judging always comes down to personal preference.

I'll vote based on my opinion of a nice looking tree just like everyone else will on theirs. :3

Yeah, this. This whole thing will be pretty subjective.

My general thought is that there are two ways to play this - one, you decorate the way that you love to see it, or two, you decorate it in the way that you think appeals to the majority of people. They're both good strategies, and neither one is foolproof because you can't know for sure what everyone is looking for.

I think when people are judging, whether it's a good thing, a bad thing, or neither, most probably aren't going to search for what the decorator was going for or hidden meanings, but whether or not they, personally, find it appealing (and who knows, maybe a title would help with that). Frankly, I totally decorated for myself and I'm willing to take the hit on judging if it comes to that. But on my more strategic days, I definitely would have added in some things that I think have a general appeal, because, while it is about personal preference, I do think that there are some things that seem to be more popular that other things.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned here (probably has but I haven't been keeping up much), but every time I change my tree I screen cap my current design. That way I can look at them all and choose which one I like best at the end of judging. It totally saved me when my tree reset to an earlier version, that's for sure. I have the Screen Capture Elite add-on for Firefox, so it's super easy to grab a quick pic.

Thank you. That was the problem. Unfortunately now I have to redecorate the tree! LOL

Your welcome. Reset is the only way I found several of the ornaments (including this one velociraptor.png ).

My apologies if this is elsewhere in the thread but I skimmed through several pages and didn't see it.

I clicked to receive extra popcorn garland and lights, but the extras didn't actually appear anywhere on my tree (or around it.) Clicking again says that I've already gotten my extra 20. Am I being stupid or is there a problem with this?

Edit: To answer the inevitable question, I did click to reset all ornaments and wasn't able to find them that way either.

Edited by Malakai

My apologies if this is elsewhere in the thread but I skimmed through several pages and didn't see it.

I clicked to receive extra popcorn garland and lights, but the extras didn't actually appear anywhere on my tree (or around it.) Clicking again says that I've already gotten my extra 20. Am I being stupid or is there a problem with this?

Edit: To answer the inevitable question, I did click to reset all ornaments and wasn't able to find them that way either.

Did you miss day 4 of the ornaments (the day those were available)?

No, I didn't miss a day. I still have the original single lights and single popcorn garland- just no extras.

No, I didn't miss a day. I still have the original single lights and single popcorn garland- just no extras.

When my extras first appeared they were stacked all upon each other so only one strand was apparent until I moved them. They appear a little bit down below from the sentence "If you would like more popcorn garland or Christmas lights, click here to receive up to 20" and are faded out so a little hard to see.

Try moving them and seeing if the extras are underneath.

They are stacked on top of each other, so it looks like you just have one. Have you tried moving them?

Have you tried to double click/highlight the ornaments? That's always helped me out in searching for hidden ornaments tongue.gif I think it might me hiding somewhere in the upper border

If you look to the right of the top left corner garland, you will see what looks like a faint musical note. Those are lights stacked on top of each other.

I wonder if we are allowed to ask for things like the leetle trees or leetle stack of pancakes tongue.gif

those aren't technically covered in the in the first post rules as far as I can see so fair game no? xd.png

ooooh im a cheeky girlie arent I cool.gif

I wonder if we are allowed to ask for things like the leetle trees or leetle stack of pancakes tongue.gif

those aren't technically covered in the in the first post rules as far as I can see so fair game no? xd.png

ooooh im a cheeky girlie arent I cool.gif

Trees possibly ,pancakes no--- the post says that it must be available in DC, but the leetle trees are dropping now so it might be easier faster to try and catch one - than wait to see if you win

My tree is done, as long as I don't decide to change it in the next day or so xd.png

I also made a "I voted!" badge for sigs to go along with the other two I made (available in my sig), but I won't post it until the voting starts biggrin.gif