TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Yes, I hope that next year (or next time there is a DC contest), the ability to reverse an image will be added. It would really help those of us who are going for a symmetrical kind of look. :-)

Our family has finished our trees! My son's turned out to be really creative. I hope people will be able to see what he made with the ornaments. At first glance it kind of looks like a mess but if you take a closer look, he's made something really neat. :-)

I thought of this, too -- reversing ornaments would rock.

I also would be glad if the day's new ornaments appeared, not ON the tree, but away from it somewhere.

My optimal design for the tree page would include a box somewhere below the tree area where we could park unused ornaments and they would NOT appear "faded", so we can properly see their colors. And that would be the area where new ornaments would appear daily.

Why? Because I originally started decorating the tree from the word "go", and every day new ornaments would pop up on my tree and foul up my hard work. So I'd have to take everything off the tree and start over.

I've decorated the tree now, and I'm satisfied with it, but it looks waaaay different from the vision I'd originally had for it. Maybe next year's tree can be done up the way I would have done this year's: by tweaking it daily with new ornaments, without having to worry about items parking themselves randomly on the tree when they first arrive.

A YEAH to TJ for fixing the things and now I am happy to decorate the tree to my liking. Just one question: that beautiful red bird, what is it called? Never seen one of those....

are you talking about the Cardinal? yes they are pretty birds. and its my daughter's high school mascot!~xd.png

also i just submitted my tree. and it stayed the way i had it! thanks TJ!!

oops! there is a stray bulb. and the marble string things are over to the side in a pile, like they were when i just got them. i moved them though. i hope they dont show up for other people. D:

We don't know each has been the first time for each particular holiday, we will have to wait and see wink.gif

Ah, thank you. Then -- forgive my ignorance -- but will any of these holiday dragons be re-released? I'm not even sure if TJ knows, but it's seems like it'd get to be awfully hard to keep making new dragons every year.... I only ask because I've always been unable to avail myself of any of either these dragons or the events that go with them due to an honestly craptastic internet connection (it likes to take vacations for days at a time). It would be very bitter if such opportunities could not be forthcoming again in the future.

My apologies if I'm off-topic.

Every year, around the holidays, past years' holiday dragons can breed. So they don't need to be re-released via caveborn egg drops. People who came on board after the previous years' holiday dragons were originally released can pick up the bred eggs from the abandoned page.

My question is whether Leetle Trees have finished dropping for the year. That would be a bummer, since I never did manage to snag one. On the other hand, if we can expect them to start dropping during next year's Christmas season, then so be it. I'm absolutely determined to get one eventually. :-)

The way I understand "submitting" our trees, BTW, is just that we click the button to "submit" our tree into the list of trees that are competing for the prizes.

Clicking submit doesn't mean we've turned in a final image of the tree for judging. We have today and tomorrow to tweak our decorations before editing is "locked" on January 8. THAT'S when the image will be considered "final".

If I've misunderstood, please correct me, but I think that's how it works. So don't worry if you've clicked "submit", and then decide you'd really like to change something on the tree before January 8.

Ah, thank you. Then -- forgive my ignorance -- but will any of these holiday dragons be re-released? I'm not even sure if TJ knows, but it's seems like it'd get to be awfully hard to keep making new dragons every year.... I only ask because I've always been unable to avail myself of any of either these dragons or the events that go with them due to an honestly craptastic internet connection (it likes to take vacations for days at a time). It would be very bitter if such opportunities could not be forthcoming again in the future.

My apologies if I'm off-topic.

Every year, around the holidays, past years' holiday dragons can breed. So they don't need to be re-released via caveborn egg drops. People who came on board after the previous years' holiday dragons were originally released can pick up the bred eggs from the abandoned page.

My question is whether Leetle Trees have finished dropping for the year. That would be a bummer, since I never did manage to snag one. On the other hand, if we can expect them to start dropping during next year's Christmas season, then so be it. I'm absolutely determined to get one eventually. :-)

They're still dropping, I hear....

Thank you TJ for fixing this glitch!

I had to do it from the scratch, but I'm happy with it.

Now when I go out and come back everything is on the right place biggrin.gif

This was probably already asked, since it's a pretty dumb question...

If I submit my tree, and the 8th comes around, will other people see the tree like it was when I submitted it or will they see how I edited it after submition?

OK dumb question, HOW is the tree saved? I set mine earlier today, went back to look at it now and they are jumbled all over again. blink.gif

You can submit at any time. What will be judged is the state your tree is in at the end of the editing period.

Just bumping this quote since people keep asking.

Fweeee, problem fixed. Tree the way I want it and ready to win first prize *puts on dark sunglasses* ... Wait, it's nighttime already xd.png *takes off dark sunglasses*

Good luck to everyone!!!

Help! My ornaments aren't working right, im trying to put one of the glass balls on one the the colored ovals (Not sure what they are) and it keeps going behind it, even though a put the glass ball on last...

Bugs aren't all fixed... bump.

Tjekan, I am going for a similar effect. I hope people don't passed mine up really fast but see that's there. ^ ^I hope that I get to see his. :3

Well, I can promise that I, at least, will be looking for patterns and sculptures in the ornaments of the trees I review. :-) I don't know if it would have occurred to me to look for such things if my son hadn't shown me what he was doing. But my eyes will be open for it now! And I will definitely uprate for creativity as well as beauty. ;-)

Hello guys! I have a question:

The only ornaments that don´t appear to the others are the faded ones? I mean, those around the tree but not faded will be viewable?

Thanks!

Hello guys! I have a question:

The only ornaments that don´t appear to the others are the faded ones? I mean, those around the tree but not faded will be viewable?

Thanks!

I think so. If not, me and my tree are screwed.

hmmmm the ornaments are no longer snapping to the front when I click them... blink.gif

I accidentally submitted my tree without my lights, so I added them and resubmitted and it told me I had already submitted. Will my changes be reflected in my entry or will my tree be light-less?

EDIT: Nurg, just got my answer on page 116.

Edited by soupnazi

I am done with my design :/

The question now becomes...

Garland or no garland.

THE QUESTION OF THE AGES! D;

I really can't decide if it looks better with or without it ><

Bah tongue.gif

Ohh, I do love how the separate ornaments "light up" now when you hover over them. If only this was implemented sooner! xP

Again, good luck everyone. =)

I was decorating my tree, but wasn't statisfied. After resetting three times my tree was almost done. After 30 minutes (didn't log off) I went back to see my tree.

Now I see my tree decorated the way, before I hit the reset button three times. blink.gif

Bumping this so people see it ^^

If you submit it just enters you on a list for the contest.

The tree that will be judged is the one that you have decorated at the end of the last decorating day.

(resist urge to tear apart tree again)

Can we resubmit our trees? When I looked at my tree after submitting to the contest, one of the ornaments and the sif went out of place on the tree.

The message when you submit states that you have till (date here) to continue decorating your tree. Once the date hits it'll freeze your tree