TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

YAY! *throws flowers up in the air* Just entered my tree and I hope I get any place. smile.gif Gl everyone! biggrin.gif

thanks or clearing up that glitch we were having after reset =3 got my tree all set up and ready and submitted. i hope to iron out the last few kinks in it before the 8th

Ahh, finally entered my tree (still have the urge to fuss with it some more though.) Good luck everyone.

Oh I so know what you mean. I finally had to just get out of there... I looked it over about 200 times and moved things just a wee bit here a wee bit there.... and finally said NO MORE... and hit the submit button.

In IRC, they were talking about the problem and then TJ came on and said his lights stayed in place and now people are reporting that their changes are staying changed so it might be fixed now.

My lights are still mobile and want to always be on top no matter what.

It's very irritating, I'm going to retry editing it in Google Chrome and see if it makes a difference. I so didn't want to have to start all over from scratch. sad.gif

I've noticed that the objects gets 'highlighted' when you hover over the decoration you want to select.

This was new to me. Never had this when I was playing around with the tree yesterday.

Ok I closed my tree so I could check my babies. When I back I still had a couple of ornaments that were moved back off the tree, but better than before. I went out and in again and I think they are all staying in place now. I hope it's set. I'm afraid to look at the ornaments tomorrow there are already soo many to play with and juggle. laugh.gif

Thank you TJ and all your helpfull elves. I really enjoyed my Christmas tree even if it never gets noticed.

There was a submitting glitch? When? >< I submitted mine shortly after reset, but I still have the submit button. Did it not go through? Do I have to do it again? ><

After i submit it says I can still edit my tree. Is the tree that gets judged how it was when i hit submit or how it is on the 8th?

The tree that's judged is how it is when editing closes.

After i submit it says I can still edit my tree. Is the tree that gets judged how it was when i hit submit or how it is on the 8th?

The tree that gets judged will be how it is on the 8th - see page 113 for TJ's message. smile.gif

It would be AWESOME to have one more day on the weekend for those of us with lots to do- just got back from an entire day taking mother in law to dr.'s that ended with her being diagnosed with Alzheimer's-- way to tired to do much tonight, and not really in the mood either. Will play some tomorrow.

Thanks, for this fun project TJ, whatever you decide i will live with!

I would be really curious to know, when this is all over, how many people entered their trees.

My tree is very ordinary, but that is me. wink.gif I will still enter it and hope that others like that.

I'm getting jitters now X3 Wondering if my tree is good enough for the top 200 tongue.gif I wonder who the placers will be ^-^ So many awesome trees to judge!

EDIT: I'd also like to see stats of how many people entered etc. like a person said previously ^-^

Edited by grishiu

Finally entered my tree. I'm so excited about this contest, and I can't wait to see how everyone does, and who wins. I had so much fun decorating my tree. I don't even care if I win or lose, though, that was what I thought before the contest started.

I thought my tree may have been a tiny bit cluttered, but there were just so many gorgeous ornaments. Great job to all the spriters!

And thanks to everyone who made this contest possible!

Having problems with my garland. It keeps moving behind the lights. I placed the lights first, with intentions towards setting the garland on top. The lights keep floating above the garland. They didn't used to. It seems like the page is treating lights the same as the ornaments for me.

Edit: I logged out and back in and my candycane came back.

Edit 2: Is it at all possible to reduce how big the "grab" box is on the garlands and the big light string? Once they're on the tree it's quite difficult to grab any ornament that sits on outlying branches without grabbing the garland instead.

Edited by Amut un Rama

I was gone for the holidays and missed all the ornaments except for days 10, 11, and 12. Is there anyway I could get the ornaments I missed? Because I can't help but feel I've been given an unfair disadvantage by something that I can't control.

I submitted my tree, but I doubt I'll win. I always think simple is best for these types of contests but every time I come out in last. I never learn. XP

Well, I submitted my tree. I hope it does good. It's somewhat simple, but hopefully that won't matter to the people who rate it.

By the way, out of curiousity, are the leetle trees still dropping?

seems to be fixed mostly. though i had to click on/move it a little to get it to go under everything. then refreshed and it stayed! yaaayy! biggrin.gif

i find that my decoration, upon looking back on it, uses about 1/10 of the ornaments and is pretty simple. But i'm not changing it now and I can't wait for results. 14 days seems like a long time.