TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Remember, even if you submitted you can still edit your tree during the editing timeperiod. =)

I like my design a lot, but I still keep thinking of alternatives... just got to stop going to that page altogether. xd.png Good luck, everyone! Can't wait to see what everybody else did with their trees.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys used the gold/silver ornaments from day 12? I wonder how repetitious the tree viewing is going to be. xd.png

I just winged it, did my best, and submitted. Because that's what counts, right? unsure.gif Now my pressure's on....

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys used the gold/silver ornaments from day 12? I wonder how repetitious the tree viewing is going to be. xd.png

I did. They're too pretty to not use though. I won't get tired of looking at them. >w>

I did, but I'm kinda twitchy and thinking about removing the dragons. It just doesn't look right wiht one Western in one Eastern. *sigh* Why do they have to be facing the same direction. T.T

I used one as a topper but not any of the others.

leetle trees back in the cave? Just saw them...

I tried to keep a color theme with mine. I also used one of the silver dragons as a topper, and I think there's a bird on the side by the tree, but I've tried to avoid going back...too much temptation to start over. tongue.gif It looks a little cluttered though, I may remove some things...

Just going to go ahead and say this to everyone here who keeps saying "I don't think I'll win":

I bet you my first bred metallic that the top 50, nay, top 200 didn't/won't think that either. But half the fun of it is the surprise, the knowledge that even though you might think you don't make it, you end up in first place.

Just something to think about while you make final tweaks. :)

Remember, even if you submitted you can still edit your tree during the editing timeperiod. =)

But you can't submit it second time, right?

I believe the way submitting works is pressing a button to say "Yes, I'd like to enter this contest", not "This is my final product".

you wouldn't have to submit it a second time, you can still edit it.

I have a question....I submitted my tree last night and all the ornaments reset. Do I have to redo my whole tree and resubmit now that the glitch is fixed?

I believe the way submitting works is pressing a button to say "Yes, I'd like to enter this contest", not "This is my final product".

Good to know, Thanks!

I have a question....I submitted my tree last night and all the ornaments reset. Do I have to redo my whole tree and resubmit now that the glitch is fixed?

Page 113 of the thread TJ says that the tree that is judged will be the way it looks when the submission period is over.

Well, crap. I submitted 2 times, then. I hope that isn't a problem.... 3:

I can't believe we have to wait 2 whole weeks to find out who won.

It's gonna be a loooong 2 weeks. tongue.gif

Gah, having problems with layering. I can't get the sparkly lights to go under the thing I want it to go under. Is this going to be fixed?

EDIT: to specify, I can't get the lights to go under the beads no matter what I do.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Page 113 of the thread TJ says that the tree that is judged will be the way it looks when the submission period is over.

So I have to redo my tree...

Thank you I appreciate you helping me =)

I'm still having a couple issues on my end with layering problems. Especially with the "tree topper" ornaments. I need them to layer in a certain way but no matter what I do I can't get them to layer the way I want. I've tried moving the one I want on bottom and then moving the one I want on top, but the layering doesn't change.

Also, it would be really awesome if we could give a title to our trees. Preferably a rather lengthy title, but even a short one would be nice. Some people's themes might not be immediately obvious from first glance, and just being able to give titles to our trees would help with that. I don't want really clever trees getting low votes just because people don't understand what's going on.

My own tree, for instance, appears at first glance to have a traditional design with nothing special about it. But when you look at it a little bit closer, you see lots of small touches that are, in my opinion, hilarious. But many people might not see these small touches, but being able to give my tree a title might help because I could call attention to them.

Message to everyone: Please please please, when you are judging trees, look long and hard at what the person has created. For all you know, a tree that looks ugly, boring, or uninspired at first glance might be concealing something brilliant that could change your vote.

I'm still having a couple issues on my end with layering problems. Especially with the "tree topper" ornaments. I need them to layer in a certain way but no matter what I do I can't get them to layer the way I want. I've tried moving the one I want on bottom and then moving the one I want on top, but the layering doesn't change.

Also, it would be really awesome if we could give a title to our trees. Preferably a rather lengthy title, but even a short one would be nice. Some people's themes might not be immediately obvious from first glance, and just being able to give titles to our trees would help with that. I don't want really clever trees getting low votes just because people don't understand what's going on.

My own tree, for instance, appears at first glance to have a traditional design with nothing special about it. But when you look at it a little bit closer, you see lots of small touches that are, in my opinion, hilarious. But many people might not see these small touches, but being able to give my tree a title might help because I could call attention to them.

Message to everyone: Please please please, when you are judging trees, look long and hard at what the person has created. For all you know, a tree that looks ugly, boring, or uninspired at first glance might be concealing something brilliant that could change your vote.

See that all depends on peoples preferences to xP

Some people might prefer traditional trees to others. -shrugs-

In the end that's what judging always comes down to personal preference.

I'll vote based on my opinion of a nice looking tree just like everyone else will on theirs. :3