TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I just saw a tree decorated with only a number 9 made out of baubles. blink.gif I . . . don't get it?

I've seen quite a few with seemingly random numbers. I then just vote them on how well the numbers were made/placed/organized smile.gif

STill, trees with an obvious meaning to their numbers/pictures generally get higher with me. wink.gif

I wondered if maybe that's the place they were hoping for regarding voting or the number they wanted you to use for their tree or something! tongue.gif

If the rest of the tree is decorated nicely, I've gotten a little more lenient with picture trees, but if it's just a picture and no other decorations? I've yet to be impressed.

I wish I hadn't used tinsel now. All the 10s I've given (not a lot, I admit) were tinsel free....

I have now seen enough trees that even I think are better than mine that I have lost all hope.... Now I just have to hope that someone I know who likes me will win and breed for me smile.gif

Reminder:

This topic has been allowed to be a bit chatty, please don't take advantage of that by making spammy posts. Posting spam clutters the board and topic, which makes it difficult to find answers to on topic questions. .

~Messages that do not contribute to the topic or forum are considered spam, and will be warned.~

Bah, So much voting time i didnt vote, I need to study for my exams next week, but when i'm free i vote a lot^^

some trees look so much the same... laugh.gif gues lots of people liked the same.

Trying to vote on every single tree there is. Hoping I have enough time.

Has been confirmed or not if the IP resets you might see trees you already voted for?

I did half my voting from work and half my voting from home. No. I believe TJ said that if you missed voting on a tree (like by selecting no rating, or exiting the page) you might see the same tree again, but you will never register a vote twice on the same tree.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I completed voting on all of them, so if there was a problem with IP addresses, I would have had to vote on 9000 trees from work. I didn't.

Edited by siliconrose

I just saw a flashing mouth. For some reason that was REALLY creepy.

ETA What are other people doing about stunning trees - with a pile of junk at the side ? I just don't know what do do; it COULD have been the glitch, or just not leaving it all far enough away - but when you have some of these ACE trees and a pile of tinsel to the left or right of it all, spoiling the effect - DO you forget about the tinsel or not ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well, I voted on them all apparently!! I have been under the weather for the last few days, so what better way to rest then to vote on 8000+ trees?! biggrin.gif

I admit I never gave a single 10, though there were many trees I liked, I just feel there is always room for improvement. I guess you can call me a tough judge?!

I know the 50 winners will be contacted on or after the 20th, but what about the 200 finalists?! I know I won't win, not after all the creativity I just saw, but it would mean a lot if I was at least a finalist! I'd like to know...

Now, to let my boyfriend get some voting in, LOL!! laugh.gif

Plus I get the impression the winners won't be publically announced, since that might put the other eggs on their scroll in danger (not to mention set them up for a ton of begging.) I don't know if there will be a post at least showing us which trees won, but the winners will know because TJ will email them.

The eggs woun't be in any danger what so ever. TJ said that the new eggs and the "honorable mention" eggs will be protected against sickness.

I vote based on how much effort I think was put into the tree, and how nice it appears C:

Goodness, I hope I'm a finalist... I've seen a lot of pretty trees, but also some pretty boring and unoriginal ones. x3 I hope mine is a slot higher than that~

Edit:

The eggs woun't be in any danger what so ever. TJ said that the new eggs and the "honorable mention" eggs will be protected against sickness.

Yes, but I don't believe TJ said anything about protecting the eggs that aren't prizes/honorable mentions. Some people might be mean enough to kill the other eggs on the scroll out of jealousy :/

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

But as bionelly said - OTHER eggs on their scroll might be in danger. Jealousy and sheer nastiness - or simply wanting to look at the specials.... IF I won anything - I'd be nervously fogging everything except when I was in front of my screen! Like that time someone had a really weird marrow this year and said so - and almost lost everything with everyone going to look just out of curiosity....

Or could you actually hide your whole scroll for the duration maybe ? Then people could only look for the LINKS to the actual special eggs....

edited. I really must take keyboard lessons sad.gif

Edit. Please tell me I didn't just see a TVIO tree.... blink.gif . I did, didn't I ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Edit. Please tell me I didn't just see a TVIO tree.... blink.gif . I did, didn't I ?

What's a TVIO tree? blink.gif

*sigh* Where are the good looking trees hiding...? >.<

I've seen a few good trees, but most of them are either VERY cluttered with every ornament possible,((Which hurts my eyes honestly)), have random ornaments strung out off of the tree, undecorated trees, ect. It makes me sad to think that not many people are putting an effort into this. D|

Oh I think a lot of people DID - but the glitch caught very many unawares - they had their trees just as they wanted them, submitted - and didn't realise what had happened until it was too late.

Also I feel sure that a lot of non-forum members watched the glitch, and gave up trying - it was horrid while it lasted...

Finally I got through ALL trees! biggrin.gif

I've seen about 20 trees without ornaments and uncountable many with so many ornaments I wasn't able to see the tree any more!

What will happen from tomorrow to the 19th?

today I saw a lovely tree with two sweeming fishes made of ornaments happy.gif a 10 from me!

I wish I could know, how many trees I have already voted for. it'd be nice to look through ALL the trees, but in that case I risk to fail at my next exam xd.png

Finally I got through ALL trees! biggrin.gif

I wish I had.... I keep hoping. I keep feeling I MUST be close... That maybe the next one will do it..

What will happen from tomorrow to the 19th?

We sleep !!!

Oh I think a lot of people DID - but the glitch caught very many unawares - they had their trees just as they wanted them, submitted - and didn't realise what had happened until it was too late.

Also I feel sure that a lot of non-forum members watched the glitch, and gave up trying - it was horrid while it lasted...

Sorry, what is the glitch?

We sleep !!!

Haha, indeed! I feel many of us are lacking this very essential thing.

Sorry, what is the glitch?

When you submitted your tree, you still had until the last day of the competition to redecorate as new ornaments were still dropping.

For several days, ornaments placed on trees started moving about without people knowing about it. There were loads of threads in help, and there are some in this thread. TJ fixed it and gave us an extra day to redecorate. But some people didn't notice any of this and came back to find their trees looked like nothing on earth. sad.gif