TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'll never be one of the top 200 sad.gif too many nice designs and I haven't even see nthe pacman tree. I wont get all the trees voted for since I work most of the time -.-

Though I am confident in the knowledge that the Cave master and his crew won't really see or notice this, as voting winds to a close, I do want to say

THANKS FOR THE GREAT CONTEST!

Though I am confident in the knowledge that the Cave master and his crew won't really see or notice this, as voting winds to a close, I do want to say

Seconded!

As I vote more and more, I find that the thing that matters most to me is that the ornaments are placed with care. For a picture tree, that means that the "lines" of the picture curve cleanly and neatly; for a traditional tree, it means that the ornaments are spaced about the same distance apart, all sections of the tree are evenly covered, etc. If the ornaments are sparse, they form a neat pattern; if they're crowded, they are spaced to fill each others' gaps, and no ornaments overlap or get pushed partly under a garland. Those are the trees that I consistently rate the highest, since they show care and attention.

Although a really creative design or nice color scheme can still get me. wink.gif

Ditto for me! I think the font will help with the noticing bit. tongue.gif

This has been a lot of fun, and I hope we do an event like this in the future. Perhaps not in the too-near future, though. xd.png

Edited by TieDyeOblivion

I was very, very vocal about my dislike of this entire contest idea when it was first announced. I still dislike some things about it, but I have to say I have LOVED voting on all these trees!! It's totally addicting and I'm really going to miss doing it. Less then 30 minutes 'til midnight right now and I'm scrambling to vote on as many as I can, but I know I won't reach the end.

HOLY crap!!! wwwaaahhh!!!!! with only 28 minutes to spare, i freaking did it!!!!! i finished!! man, i am so proud of myself!!! i even let my youngest stay up late so that i could vote *how pathetic is that???*

i'm totally going to have ice cream to celebrate! *since it's not like one actually gets anything from finishing!* BUT i'm thrilled!!! unrealistic nonsensical fictional game goal conquered!!!!

OMG YAAAAAAAY! I finished them all! *does little celebratory dance*

The only bummer thing is that I still never saw the Donkey Kong tree, so obviously I didn't notice the picture when I voted on that one. Oh well, can't win 'em all... hopefully somebody will post that one after the voting ends. :-)

don't feel bad, tjekan- i missed the donkey kong tree and the poke ball tree *though i'm not a fan, so i don't really care* and one of the fish tree! i would have loved to see the donkey kong tree, though!!! the thing that actually bothers me about missing them, was that i just wasn't able to see the picture, i probably thought they were katamari or crapalanche trees!!! oh well, i also hope we get to see the winning trees, i'll be pretty bummed if we don't get to!!! sad.gif

Couldn't agree more! This has been so much fun on all parts - ornament reveals, decorating, voting, it's been a huge blast. I hope we do something like this again next year. smile.gif

I have absolutely no idea. D:

Considering the winners will be "announced" in quotations (in first post), I wouldn't think that we'll see any of the top designs - whether winners or just finalists.

I would also love to see them, though. Especially since there's no way I'll finish voting, and I still haven't seen this so-called pacman tree. x3

Well, maybe he'll consider it given the excitement so many trees have produced. I'd love to be able to flip through them in the same set up as the voting was.

Also, every time I see your sock dragon I think that it should be in the cave with the description - Sock dragons are a tiny breed, being only one foot tall. And then I realize that I'm a complete dork. lol

5 minutes, will the e-mails go out as soon as it hits midnight?

I don't think TJ's planning to notify winners till the 20th. He'll need a few days to look over the finalists and choose the winners, for sure.

Quoted for truth! Thanks, guys.

And now we're down to one minute. Vote now, or forever hold your peace.

Edited by FireAndTongs

Voting is now over. Aww... well it was fun and I did see some of the themed ones.... I think. laugh.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself. I LOVED looking at all the trees and I am looking forward to seeing who the winners are, I don't think it's going to be me. I am also excited to be able to decorating my tree again, I have SO many new ideas.

I doubt it. TJ is picking his favorite 50 from the top 200, and that will take some time.

We're supposed to find out if we're in the top 200, he's supposed to send out e-mails

Wow, this is going really slow all of a sudden.

Hmmm, I feel like there should be an "I voted until the last second" banner now, because I want one.

We're supposed to find out if we're in the top 200, he's supposed to send out e-mails

No, the top 200 are finalists, he will not e-mail them. The winners will be announced (e-mailed) on the 20th.

Shucks, voting's over and I didn't even see the pokemon or pacman tree ;3; And a bunch of others, too! Well, I hope some of those trees will get posted so I can see them <3

I could've sworn I saw that he would tell the top 200 >> then the winners