TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I just found the vampire tree! xd.png

Also rated a very not well decorated tree a 7 because of an angel playing a bubble blowing french horn! biggrin.gif

Edited by PACMANnot

aw sad.gif I obviously need one more day for voting

and I wish I knew how my tree is going. little hope to win though - I think I gave already more than 200 10s, and all that trees were more impressive than mine

wait. I think I'm one with dc tree. know that I think of it, it seem rather silly.

If so I just rated it a 9 because of it xd.png

I tried but it said it was already in use?

Could someone else be using your email address?

Actually -- you should really ask in the Help forum. But you need to make sure your email address is something you'll get a notification on.

Edited by siliconrose

Could someone else be using your email address?

I'm the only one that uses my email. :/ Unless someone has the same name and was born in the same year as me, no one else could be using it.

If so I just rated it a 9 because of it xd.png

lol thanks! I wish I would become honarable mention. then I could get frills! and I'd totally get over newby thingy!

Edited by sueprin

I received the message a few days ago that I'd voted on all entries. I did vote a lot, and some were very quick votes based on a few personal rules, but I don't recall seeing any trees that had lewd designs. Maybe they had been reported and removed before weds? But I've seen other descriptions that I never saw too. Odd.

I think some of the things I've seen mentioned here as potentially offensive, may have been innocent and the problem lies with the viewer not the designer. I saw at least one post referencing something as lewd, that I saw only as a creative use of the ornaments. Sometimes it's just a candle holder. If there were "lewd" images created using more than just 2 ornaments placed together, My eyes didn't see them. *shrug*

This being the first outing for a contest like this. There are bound to be some issues. Hopefully they will be worked out prior to the next one of these (if these issues don't prevent future contests).

A few warnings about types of images created, and a legal disclaimer for potentially trademarked images (though I thought the Donkey Kong screen was exceptionally creative) aren't bad ideas.

A report button could be abused. If implemented in the future hopefully it requires a reason the entry is being reported, and is sent to a moderator for review prior to just being removed. There should be consequences for creating intentionally offensive images in a venue that is highly populated with youths. There should also be consequences for reporting images that "I just don't like". Reporting guidelines will need to be made clear when/if implemented. It may help in reducing the number of entries that appeared to have been the result of glitches too.

Now I'm long winded, apologies.

Best of luck to everyone.

There is no way I'll be finished them all by midnight. huh.gif

Me neither. x3

Did some calculations and I'd have to do about 15 hours of voting total to do 9000 trees. I did a bit of voting the first two days, but then I got caught up in other stuff the next few days. Voting again today, but there's no way I did the majority of voting the first two days. 3:

Ah, well. I feel better knowing I at least have done a bit of voting. And seeing that within the first day all trees had gotten 120+ votes, it shouldn't matter too much that I don't finish. :3

wait. I think I'm one with dc tree. know that I think of it, it seem rather silly.

I've nowhere near finished and I've seen 50+ DC trees, many done in a similar fashion. ;3

i just saw another dragon tree, but ironically, that wasn't the most memorable thing about the tree. the funniest thing, was that all the little characters had the candles behind them, making them look like their heads were on fire!!! xd.png

ETA: i am gaining a little bit more hope that i may finish voting by midnight *which is 11:00 here, so i have one hour less* but without knowing how many you've done so far, it's really hard to gauge. MUST GO FASTER!!!!

Edited by misfitknits

Me neither. x3

Did some calculations and I'd have to do about 15 hours of voting total to do 9000 trees. I did a bit of voting the first two days, but then I got caught up in other stuff the next few days. Voting again today, but there's no way I did the majority of voting the first two days. 3:

Ah, well. I feel better knowing I at least have done a bit of voting. And seeing that within the first day all trees had gotten 120+ votes, it shouldn't matter too much that I don't finish. :3

I've nowhere near finished and I've seen 50+ DC trees, many done in a similar fashion. ;3

There are 9000!? I thought there were 8000. Shoot, *bang* I'm not going to finish!

There are 9000!?

Its over 9000! -shot-

On topic: I'm really excited to see who the winners will be. I hope they don't mind being bombarded with rabid noobs....

I believe TJ said you could request a code? If so, I'd go for 'noob' or 'evil' or 'pwnd' or something. Heh... *thinks of the possibilities*

I've given up hope of voting for all the trees.

There are 8000+. I used 9000 in my calculations because I prefer to overestimate rather than underestimate. ^^

I hope that when the winners are announced, we see their tree submission, but not their names. I'd hate for their reward, for creating an image that appealed to many voters, to include massive numbers of PMs filled with begging.

I wouldn't mind seeing the top 200 that TJ had to choose from, but I can understand if the reveal is limited to just prize winning/honorable mention trees.

I believe I have seen the famous Dragon Tree.... wow....

And then, I got an empty tree, followed by a "kitchen sink" tree.

I will be interested to see the winners-- and also the dragons the winners get!!

*hasn't been on this thread in a while* X3 Is there anything new that happened recently with voting? ohmy.gif Also, wowza X3 9000 ish trees.

*hasn't been on this thread in a while* X3 Is there anything new that happened recently with voting? ohmy.gif Also, wowza X3 9000 ish trees.

You haven't missed much. ^^ Some people have completed the trek of voting for all the trees, and voting shall end in about... an hour and a half, I should think.

I agree with the idea of a report button. And I think that if there was a warning before submission, like there is with names, that inappropriate designs can result in scroll burning, people would probably not do it. Especially considering that they know that so many people will be looking at it.

It funny, because I finished voting, and I started to wonder if I'd really dedicated that much time to it, but then I remembered that I did all the Trick or Treat hunting in one sitting, too. Why do I never have that kind of focus for normal things? laugh.gif

@ Socky if you happen by again - Do you know if there are any plans to post the top 200 trees? Even though my hopes of being one of them faded a few days ago, I'd love to see them and I think it would be nice for them to get some recognition.

You haven't missed much. ^^ Some people have completed the trek of voting for all the trees, and voting shall end in about... an hour and a half, I should think.

O.O People seriously finished voting? Wowza X3 Good job to those people! I think I voted for maybe like 500-1000 trees ish :X Blah. Ah well X3 I'll squeeze in a few more before it ends, thanks ^-^

@ Socky if you happen by again - Do you know if there are any plans to post the top 200 trees? Even though my hopes of being one of them faded a few days ago, I'd love to see them and I think it would be nice for them to get some recognition.

I have absolutely no idea. D:

Considering the winners will be "announced" in quotations (in first post), I wouldn't think that we'll see any of the top designs - whether winners or just finalists.

I would also love to see them, though. Especially since there's no way I'll finish voting, and I still haven't seen this so-called pacman tree. x3

Sad to say that I have to agree, I am not easily offended but that doesn't mean I enjoy it.If a child is viewing , I wouldn't want to have to explain some of the pictures.This is a "family" site.

Luckily, there's really only so lewd you can make a bunch of static, two-dimensional Christmas ornaments look. I saw some that I'm pretty sure were supposed to be the dragon toppers in sexual poses, but they could just as easily be interpreted as one dragon supposed to be riding on the other's back, standing on his shoulders, or flying in front of him. If one of my kids had asked, that's what I would have suggested. For all I know it's even what the artist intended.

The ones with a pickle or stick arranged to look like part of their anatomy are juvenile and probably intentional, but still nothing I'd freak out if my kids saw.

Luckily, I haven't seen any with the ornaments arranged to spell out any dirty words. If people could spell "epic," they could have spelled other 4-letter words. I'm glad they didn't!

I would also love to see them, though. Especially since there's no way I'll finish voting, and I still haven't seen this so-called pacman tree. x3

Me, too! X3 I haven't seen the pacman or pokeball one yet sad.gif I've seen quite a few really awesome designs yesterday and now I'm having second thoughts on me being in the top 200 D: