TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I've been voting a little now and then. I haven't been liking a lot of the crowded trees because it's just too busy looking. But I feel bad when I vote too low cuz I'm sure it took them some time to place everything.

D: I haven't seen anything memorable though. :s

In general do you guys think you're voting higher or lower after seeing more trees? Do you have a better feel for what average is and thus are giving more higher votes or have scores gone down?

About the same.

Also, user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

*sweatdrop*

well there is a bonus and demerit for me. I placed my topper just right but layered him to make his mane look gold TwT;

Don't worry, you're not the only one ^^'

Ehh, I never had high hopes for my tree anyway...I wasn't quite happy with it when I submitted it...but I really couldn't think of any kind of design to put on it....so I just went with traditional and a simple pattern...

FAAAAAAAAAAAACE! Wide, grinning face spice-jars for eyes and a triangle hat on the tree, the bottom of which is made of birds.

ETA: Don't worry, people with overlapping toppers - I judge based on the rest of the tree, as well. wink.gif

Edited by order_of_chaos

Don't worry, you're not the only one ^^'

Ehh, I never had high hopes for my tree anyway...I wasn't quite happy with it when I submitted it...but I really couldn't think of any kind of design to put on it....so I just went with traditional and a simple pattern...

Yeah I tried not to clutter it but not leave it bare. I didnt go with a color theme or anything. the ornaments were placed mainly at random, but not because I didnt care, but because those are the trees I grew up with. Tons of ornaments and no theme. Lots of color but yet not cluttered

Average tree vote- 5

Good cluttered trees- 6

Normal trees that don't look good-4

Trees where there is an ornament that went off to the side but still good- 6 or 7 (I feel bad for them)

Bad trees- 2 or 3

Picture trees- 8-10

Trees that make me smile- 10

Good color sceme- 6 or 7

Creative idea- 7

That's how I vote!

Those made me lol. x3 Win.

I vote lower and higher the longer I vote. :B

I saw a dragon/dinosaur made of lights eating a piece of candy near the tree, but sadly voted it lower than I would have liked to, as I only finally figured out what it was once I was waiting for the next tree to load. 3:

In general do you guys think you're voting higher or lower after seeing more trees? Do you have a better feel for what average is and thus are giving more higher votes or have scores gone down?

I've started rating just a tad higher, with standard going up from 3 to 4-5. That's because I've realized that, well... a lot of trees look super random/stuff thrown on/not organized or pretty at all, and so seeing even a plain, semi-decent looking tree gets more points than the usual <___<;;

I saw a dino made of the... popcorn things and lights? eating the tree topper... Edited by RheaZen

Oh yes, THIS. Any tree that makes me feel dizzy or nauseous gets a 1, even though in some twisted way I admire the talent it took to make something out of pixels that can make another person feel physical discomfort. :-D

*giggles* Oh my, yes. I didn't realize it was possible to get a headache from staring at overly-gold trees, but apparently that's what happened to me last night.

This, exactly! After so much voting, I know exactly what I do and don't like, and am prepared to be more vehement in voting accordingly. Don't like or just "meh" get even lower, and the ones I like get even higher.

I'm just voting tree's vastly lower... possibly because mostly all I've come across so far are hastily jumbled tree's piled with decorations on top of each other or outside the tree with no thought as to order. There have been the ok tree's, and then the good tree's (I have given a fair share of good ratings even if many were bad (one had no decorations at all 0.o).

About the same.

Dude, I'm totally snapping one of these up! Thanks RheaZen!

Man, now I wanna see a dino-shape eating the tree-topper. :3

The coolest one I've seen so far (and the only one that got a "10" vote from me) was one that had one of the star tree toppers, had TJ's symbol in the middle, and at each point of the star, there was one of the clear, bubble-ornaments. I forgot what the rest of the tree looked like, but it was pretty awesome.

But as for shapes, I've seen a lot of "DC" trees, a few faces, and a couple of hearts, including one that was really awesome and pretty... which got a "9" from me. ^.^;;

Those made me lol. x3 Win.

I saw a dragon/dinosaur made of lights eating a piece of candy near the tree, but sadly voted it lower than I would have liked to, as I only finally figured out what it was once I was waiting for the next tree to load. 3:

I did that to one that had made a monster mouth out of lights/popcorn eating the tree. I didn't figure it out until I was letting the next tree load.

In some ways, my method of voting goes roughly like this:

Should this tree win?

Alas, no - 1,2,3,4

Well, no, but I liiiiiike it - 5,6,7

Maaaaaybe - 8,9

YESYESYESYES! - 10

My system is more like "how angry would I be if my tree lost to this one."

About the same.

how can we put those trees in our sig??? i can't figure it out?!?! i wanna have one!! xd.png

x'D That's funny, ~!~. I never thought of it that way.

Hm i rate mine on if it looks like they gave an honest effort or not.. like trying to spell something. that gets a four (because they usually just say 'DC' or 'TJ'). Regular traditionals get threes, and jumbles get ones. The others vary, I guess.

I absolutely cannot wait until the 20th! Just want to know the results already

Edited by GoldenShadowFire

haha, yeeaah, that's pretty much how i feel about! wink.gif

lol...good system. I think I might just start using it. To be honest, though, that'll make my ratings higher...I've decided that my tree's not great.

Ha! I like that! And it works out no less fair than most voting methods.

So... 1 would be keyboard smashing rage, 5 would be mild disgruntlement, and 10 would be not at all?