TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

Katamari sounds awfully like Calamari?

Anyway, I'm looking for outstanding trees.. tongue.gif

Katamari is a descriptive term used by someone early in the thread, and it caught on really fast. There is a game called Katamari where there is a big, sticky ball that picks up anything that is smaller than itself, and somehow the term just seemed to fit some of the trees we've seen. tongue.gif

i've probably been through at least 4 or 5 hundred.. i've only seen a few which have actually wowed me, though.

In some ways, my method of voting goes roughly like this:

Should this tree win?

Alas, no - 1,2,3,4

Well, no, but I liiiiiike it - 5,6,7

Maaaaaybe - 8,9

YESYESYESYES! - 10

YES ! Mine too !

And no YESYESYES yet.....

Can't... see... anymore... trees... =_=;

I don't think that I'll ever rate all trees, but I try my best. D:

I'm tired of cramped trees and I'm tired of trees with the dragon toppers floating around with the gold and silver version ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. ^^; It doesn't lood good imho.

But the few nice trees I see are my hope. <3

Edited by caya

Three is my absolute maximum number of dragon-bird-star toppers on a tree!

Four or more toppers = a four or lower score

YES ! Mine too !

And no YESYESYES yet.....

Same here.

I've given a few 9's. I'd love to see something so beautifully outstanding to make me yell "Stop the competition, I've found the winner"!

I'm just back from work and.... I can't bring myself to the trees already again...

In the train from work home, I nearly fell asleep and... I/ve seen BLINKING TREE LIGHTS *shock*. But I do want to go on with rating. I still have to see the lolcat tree and I so want to see it xd.png

edit: back to trees and I just got a pacman tree xd.png

Edited by shirubaaneko

Ok, now I know for a fact that I've seen the same tree twice. With the traditionals it's hard to tell, but not with this tree. It's a dragon in the middle of the tree, part of it's face formed of the gold bird, it's tail feathers are supposed to be the 'fire' I guess, and it's tail made from the balls in an 's' shape..it had a silver dragon topper with a gold star up there, too...I remember this tree well as I thought it was really cool the first time I saw it and gave it a good score...well, it just popped up again! I didn't vote on it the second time though. I remember that dragon, it's one of those that you won't forget. Ah well, glitches everywhere!

Edit: I just thought of something...what if I hadn't seen the tree in the actual voting and only saw a picture of it that someone posted, and told myself I'd give that one a good score? ohmy.gif It's hard to remember, my mind is fuzzy with tree's, tree's, tree's the past couple days! That's one reason I was against posting pictures...ah well, if I hadn't voted on it before, maybe I'll see it again...

Edited by MedievalMystic

It is, sadly, not quite OVER NINE THOUSAND. But using 9000 as a round number (as we don't know anything more specific) with 7 days to vote, that's a little less than 1,300 trees to go through each day. I will be impressed with anyone who gets through them all, I think. o3o

blink.gif

No way I'm getting through every tree, lol.

I really should go vote more... /has maybe been through a hundred trees... or less

I've been doing this since the start of voting (whenever that was, although it feels like as least three years LOL) and i have no idea of how many i've seen, but i do know that i've seen more trees than i ever imagined i would and many, many more than i ever hope to see again...used to love Christmas trees....sigh ohmy.gif

I can't be sure if i've seen the same trees or not, but if the whatever isn't working and we're voting on the same trees twice or more, that's hardly fair to those whose trees perhaps are never seen...is anyone sure the whatever is working?? unsure.gif

Edited by Caitlingal

@Caitlingal and everyone else fearing that some trees won't get voted on, I found this:

Given that just about every tree has over 100 votes not even two days into voting, the one or two people who actually see a tree they recognize and give it a biased vote are rather insignificant. And that's assuming they're seeing the right tree; there's a lot of remarkably similar trees.

Quote found here in this thread.

Is there a master list of the people who have Christmas tree's on their scroll?

How can I tell if I have any votes?

Wow over 100 votes on EVERYONE already. I've voted a lot. Probably 2-300? Well I have been giving a bunch of 1-3s

Also, I have tried to see other tree's and I cannot access them. I logged off and on a few times with no luck. What gives? Is there some secret to being able to vote or is it only for certain people?

Is there a master list of the people who have Christmas tree's on their scroll?

How can I tell if I have any votes?

Ever tree entered had over 120 votes a day or so ago. And no there is no list.

To see the trees of others you go on your scroll (you must be on your ACCOUNT page...) and click on tree decorating contest voting - just under generate incubator. You cannot see whose s whose, and you will NOT see yours that way.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Things I have noticed while voting on trees:

• I missed some good really tree-decor on the one or two days I missed clicking due to having the boubonic plague.

• I wish I'd known the ornaments I didn't use (the candles, mainly) were going to show up where I left them (just hanging out floating in space) so I could have been more artistic with their non-placement.

• More is not more. The trees with every last bit of everything on them look like the aftermath of a jungle juice party.

• Less is not more either. The naked trees are a cop out. (I know some were a submission glitch but I suspect not all were.)

• I am a harsh voter. I have yet to give a 10. I have given a LOT of 1-5.

• Some of you made some gorgeous trees!! (I doubt I'll give any a 10 cos that's how I am, but I have given 8s and 9s for these trees.)

• Some of you are incredibly creative/weird/awesome/a little scary/funny with your decorating and I love it!

• I have absolutely no hope in winning this competition and possibly scoring a Silver or Special. (I am okay with this.)

• This is one of the most awesome things (IMO) to hit the Cave! Right on TJ and Crew!! Thank you so much!

I can't see where I put my unused ornaments anymore. Does that mean that everyone can't see them or just me? Because I'm pretty sure I left some them, lying reasonably close to the tree.

I've set down a clear voting pattern so that I don't give any tree what it doesn't deserve. I tend to not be against floating ornaments, so long as they are organized: after all, they were made allowed to float, so placing them floating isn't bad. happy.gif

I can't wait to see who wins, I'm sure TJ will pick some awesome trees biggrin.gif

Lol, I doubt anyone will get what I did. But I'll hope for a "Post bout your tree" thread after the event and explain myself there. And try to make it better. I really don't care if I place or not, I like the idea of a customizable non-dragon part of my scroll! laugh.gif So I already got MY prize. cool.gif

As for voting, I'm seeing a lot of ones I don't like.

My general system:

1 - Total eyesore. What were they thinking?!

2 - A bit of an eyesore, but could be worse.

3 - Okay. Not an eyesore, but not really inspired at all.

4 - There is an attempt, but it failed. Pretty badly.

5 - I see a hint of potential, but it didn't go far enough.

6 - Getting there. There is some inspiration, and it shows.

7 - This tree is really nice. There is better, but it is pretty and inspired.

8 - I can see it! This person really tried!

9 - Wow. This is gorgeous.

10 - <o_0> This person really deserves to win. Must... rate... 10!

I do vary from time to time, I noticed. A non-Christmas theme doesn't bug me at all (I have a non-X-Mas theme myself), and I do NOT rate lower because I've "seen it a million times".

OH and floating ornaments=just dandy if used well.

Edited by AlternateMew

I can't see where I put my unused ornaments anymore. Does that mean that everyone can't see them or just me? Because I'm pretty sure I left some them, lying reasonably close to the tree.

If you can't - nor can anyone else smile.gif

@Fuzzbucket Thank You. I feel so much better. laugh.gif

I think I found the scary face-tree some people were talking about the other day... my reaction: HAHAHAHA!! well... a quieter version of that, its almost midnight here so I can't quite laugh so loud. I gave it a 9.

Edited by saerider

I think I just found a (the?) reindeer tree, though there's no sledge. But it's got a nice shiny pink nose - I gave points just for the pink nose it was so cute.

I just saw the first tree with silver and red color scheme. It wasn't very much pretty but I gave it a 7 for coklours. all the silver trees I saw before were silver&blue&violet.