TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

I'm actually having loads of fun, giving points to these trees. The only trees that tick me off are the blank ones, every others I give points based on how I perceive the tree to look when it first appears. Sometimes I see a tree with some sort of "pattern" on it and spend a few moments trying to see what it could be.

I'm sorry to say that besides the blank trees, the ones that have the ornaments floating off the tree or seem hit by the glitch-monster, are only getting around 2 from me. I think TJ gave us enough time to correct whatever glitch encountered when we first submitted so if these trees are still in this condition, it just tells us that the person who entered it into the contest was not really serious about their tree and forgot about them once they got submitted... tongue.gif *ducks flying daggers and heated glares*

I've been reading people's comments on the trees.

With the Harry Potter fans out there - I'm surprised that there weren't more HP colour combinations.

There's 4 houses.

Gold/Red combo = Gryffindor.

Silver/Blue = Ravenclaw (or we could call it TJ, as that seems to be a colour combo favored by him)

Gold/Brown = Hufflepuff (not easily pulled off as there isn't much in the brown range, other than the couple bronze items...)

Silver/Green = Slytherin (not an easy combo to pull off due to the green items blending into the tree).

I'd been thinking, "Nice Gryffindor combo there" or "cool Ravenclaw combo here".

Maybe people aren't doing the silver/blue because of TJ, maybe they're doing it because they like the combo and like Ravenclaw. Same goes for the Gryffindor - the first "tinsel" is what made me look at the possibility of doing Hogwarts colouring schemes...

Edited to add: Maybe some of the "floating" ornaments were placed strategically? It'd be easy to arrange it so that it would look like the tree is against a wall.

Edited by simkim

Maybe people aren't doing the silver/blue because of TJ, maybe they're doing it because they like the combo and like Ravenclaw.

I did the silver/white/blue combo, but wasn't thinking of TJ or Ravenclaw at all biggrin.gif Don't you think you're looking wayyy too far? wink.gif (j/k)

About overlapping of gold and silver... My eyes just can't focus when it's badly done... I saw one tree.. wow for a moment I thought I saw double ! But its lovely when its neat.

And I don't really like blue/silver combinations, seems too cold for Christmas. But they will still get at least 5, depending on how good the arrangement is.

Totally cluttered trees will get a 2 or 3, and 1 after a few hundreds tree ratings, I am only human after all.

I don't like it if both gold and silver ornaments are directly placed behind each other - I dunno, it makes no real sense to me. People said it would function as a glow but I dunno how to put it, I just don't like it.

I'm getting saddened by all the people who say they are sick of repetitive trees. We didn't see anyone else's while we were doing them, mostly. There were only so many ornaments to use. Of course a lot will look a lot alike. Is that so awful ?

And a lot of the ones that look like nothing on earth are from people (I know of at least two, and that's just people I KNOW about !) who got so fed up with the glitch that they simply gave up altogether. Their trees will be in there. And empty ones - maybe people not on forum, with no idea what it was all about, who saw "submit" and just - did, to see what would happen.

I'd like to think everyone who is saying "NO FAIR"in every which sense would carry on voting HONESTLY for what they see on their screens. Otherwise it WILL start to get unfair - people who say "oh boring, there was one just like it before so I will give this one less than I gave that one for being too like it" are the ones who are distorting it.

Goes back to voting on exactly what I see, she says angelically... biggrin.gif

I did the silver/white/blue combo, but wasn't thinking of TJ or Ravenclaw at all biggrin.gif Don't you think you're looking wayyy too far? wink.gif (j/k)

LOL! I freely admit I can be an overthinker. biggrin.gif

Sure, there's people who like the colours just cos. smile.gif

How did someone get a vampire hatchie on their tree ?????

ETA I had just cleared my cache. It is showing up on SEVERAL trees now..... WTF ????? blink.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Sorry but... where can I post my tree :P

if you're looking to show off your tree, go here, for critique :3

if you're talking about submitting it, then sorry XD

Darn it! Why can I not leave my computer and come back and vote on DIFFERENT trees? It keeps starting me over with the same trees!

Anyone else having this issue?

I have a feeling if this is the case there are going to be a lot of trees with no votes at all. sad.gif

Darn it! Why can I not leave my computer and come back and vote on DIFFERENT trees? It keeps starting me over with the same trees!

Anyone else having this issue?

I have a feeling if this is the case there are going to be a lot of trees with no votes at all. sad.gif

Clear your cache. But has anyone else been getting random vamp hatchies (female) up there ????

I just got a strange tree where it looked like all the decorations had slid down to the bottom after an earthquake or something .... blink.gif

Nope Fuzz bucket, but I had an adult Spring for a second while the page was loading... But it disappeared when the tree's form appeared.

At this moment I have not found any trees to give a vote of 9 or 10 sad.gif

I've given two 9s. But no 10s.

today I saw two traditional trees that looked very rememberable! they were traditional, but at the same time originally and creatively made. both got 10s

Nope Fuzz bucket, but I had an adult Spring for a second while the page was loading... But it disappeared when the tree's form appeared.

Maybe the dragons are popping over to vote too! xd.png

Haven't voted much today because I'm at work, but I did loads yesterday and I'll do some more when I get home tonight. smile.gif

*Is not liking how things went*

Even with the "anon voting" it means nothing because apparently we're allowed to post trees.

I've actually been looking out for these posted trees, noting them and giving everyone a "1" for breaking the anon vote. It sort of defeats the point and could have waited until after all the voting was done.

Yeah, honestly, I'm not thrilled with people being allowed to post their tree's either. I'm not posting mine. It just seems wrong somehow, considering... Ah well... :/

*Is not liking how things went*

Even with the "anon voting" it means nothing because apparently we're allowed to post trees.

I've actually been looking out for these posted trees, noting them and giving everyone a "1" for breaking the anon vote. It sort of defeats the point and could have waited until after all the voting was done.

Please don't. LOADS of trees are almost identical (I've taken a few screenshots when I though I was getting the same one twice !) and you could deprive someone who DIDN'T post theirs of a decent vote.

I've seen a tree with only TJ's simbol and the raptor on it... I thought "well, TJ it's trying to be anonymous..." xd.png

I'm joking of course, that wasn't TJ's tree for real.

I'm not so fond of that tree critique thread, because even if it is your own tree I think it will definitely affect people's voting when they know who some of those trees belong to and what to look out for, effectively defeating the purpose of the anonymity that so many people worried about in the beginning - that people would vote higher on a tree only because they know or favor the maker instead of the tree.

I know I'm curious to know what people thought of my tree, but really, that discussion could have waited one week.

Ah well, I'm pretty sure I already voted some of those trees and am just going to stay clear of that thread.

Please don't. LOADS of trees are almost identical (I've taken a few screenshots when I though I was getting the same one twice !) and you could deprive someone who DIDN'T post theirs of a decent vote.

No, but no one will place theirs identically, pixel by pixel to the ones posting. huh.gif

Even if they look similair, if I see one I know resembles, I start copy + pasting into photoshop for comparisons.

edit:

As of note, I've only found 1 so its not like I'm making too much of an impact here since theres 8,000+.

Edit:

Also, some trees stick out like a sore thumb, that particular one was, for instance CLEARLY the same identical tree, no doubts about it.

Edited by Geobreeder

I've read several comments from people saying that they're tired of seeing say, a silver and blue theme, and are rating those tree's lower now because of it, and that bother's me a little. I mean, I've seen many color themed tree's as well, but even if there are 1000 of them, it's not the color theme that I'm looking at, although I do notice beautiful color themes, it's more of how the ornaments were used that I'm looking for. Just because I've seen those colors before doesn't mean future tree's with the same colors are going to get low scores simply because the theme is popular, or based on that alone. I don't get that mentality.