TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

I made something for everyone to enjoy!

user posted image

Happy Holidays everyone

Cute!

I am scroll-locked right now, but if I figured everything right I should have room for a Holly egg by the 21st! wink.gif I do hope that one will find its way to me this year!

NOOOO D=

I'll be leaving on the 25!!!!!!!

Whyyy D=?

At least I'll be able to breed my past christmas draggies...

NOOOO D=

I'll be leaving on the 25!!!!!!!

Whyyy D=?

At least I'll be able to breed my past christmas draggies...

When do you leave? The eggs will start dropping at midnight cave time right at the end of the 24th -- as TJ says, the second after the 24th ends.

When do you leave? The eggs will start dropping at midnight cave time right at the end of the 24th -- as TJ says, the second after the 24th ends.

The moment the 24 ends? Hum... I thought it was the moment 25 ended xd.png. Then I may have time to get some! YAY! I'll leave the 26, at like... 6AM... which should be like DC's 4AM.

Thanks!

Reopened: I have started dropping past Christmas eggs. smile.gif

Thank you, TJ! I look forward to the new holiday dragons!

Am I the only person on earth who thinks it was more fun to hover in the cave waiting at midnight just in case there would be a holiday egg drop? Knowing ahead of time is fine, but I did enjoy trying to figure it out on my own. Oh well. Just me, I guess. smile.gif

I love it that there are now so many kinds of dragons now, and more coming all the time. Wheeee!

I have been stalking the AP for a Holly, because I want one, and I want to be able to share the love next year. (Just one Holly would be lovely).

There's actually a particular Holly I've been stalking, since the scroll owner has said any eggs will be abandoned freely to the AP, and I love the lineage. I feel like such a stalker, but any other Holly would have a hard time competing with this lineage - even a 2nd gen. xd.png

Here, eggy, eggy, eggy... ninja.gif

So, just making things clear before I mess something up,

Past X-mas dragons ARE breedable as of now, correct?

Yes, Christmas eggs have been popping up in the AP.

Just to be clear, this year, as previous years, you aren't able to keep eggs produced from your holiday dragons if you've already got the limit of two, correct?

Just to be clear, this year, as previous years, you aren't able to keep eggs produced from your holiday dragons if you've already got the limit of two, correct?

Correct.

Thanks for the reopening, Z!

Just glad I was able to make my friend happy by getting her a Holly. That's what I wanted to do most.

Wanna holly, wanna holly, wanna holly, wanna holly, wanna holly, wanna holly...

I'd like one too, but I haven't add this wish to my signature as I don't believe that, if I do it, someone will gift one to me. A lot of eggs are already promised, and the fews that aren't it will be dropped in the AP, for all those fast internet players that can catch them. I wish that in the next years they will be more "common", so it will be less difficult to catch one.

I'd like a holly, too, but I am hunting 10 hours nonstop already and haven't seen one, not even one holly!

What I find positive that time, DC seems not laggy. I anticipated it would get worse.

What? Really? O.o

I already have two snow angels that I grabbed last christmas... does that mean that if I breed them, i won't be able to keep any of the eggs cause I already reached the limit for that breed?

I thought that this christmas maybe we would be allowed to keep another two...

What? Really? O.o

I already have two snow angels that I grabbed last christmas... does that mean that if I breed them, i won't be able to keep any of the eggs cause I already reached the limit for that breed?

I thought that this christmas maybe we would be allowed to keep another two...

Nope, 2 per scroll per breed ever. The point is to gift and spread the joy, unlike Halloween where the point is to be greedy and stingy and keep everything *muahaha evil laugh*

This topic might help explain, the Holiday egg limits.

Christmas egg limits. , Why did my egg auto abandon?

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108337

This is what any user can collect, in total:

* two '07 red Hollys (they're really rare though, so you probably won't get one this year- most of us won't).

* two of the '08 red/white striped Yulebucks.

* two of the '09 yellow striped Snow Angels -- but you've already got two adults, so you cannot collect any more.

* two of this year's Christmas dragon (and two of next year's, and so on)

Edited by _Z_

I've noticed that the bred Christmas eggs have a "last bred Dec 28, 2010" date on them. That seemed really weird to me since you can't breed an egg but I'm going to assume that this is TJ's way of keeping the new clutch from being able to breed. What do ya'll think?

Edited by Sir Barton

Thanks for re-opening this _Z_.

And Merry Christmas!

I suppose all Christmas eggs come with a notice: 'Last Bred: Dec 28, 2010' - I was wondering how that would work.

Rather sad that the Holly population won't be able to increase, especially since breeding results haven't been as great as one might have hoped, going by what I've seen here and there.

But I rather suspect that TJ has something spectacular up his sleeve for then, and I'm thinking/hoping Leetle Trees for those who missed out - and maybe even something of the type to include those of us who already have one.

Hope I don't wear my speculators out before the holiday season ends; they're getting a lot of use...

Edit: great minds think alike. I don't have one, though, I'm just following yours, Sir Barton. laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira