TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

It seems as though the breeding rules for Christmas dragons this year are different from last year's. I bred my Holly last year and got 4 eggs (sorry, but my list is chock-full, so please do not ask me for an egg, here or in a PM!). This year, it seems that some Hollies are being bred and getting no eggs. sad.gif I really hope TJ will reconsider this. While I do like the idea of keeping Hollies extra-rare and precious (I can afford to - I have one!), I hate the idea of disappointing people year after year. All the the people at the very top of my list have been waiting for two years. It will be heartbreaking if I can't get eggs to at least some of them!

It doesn't bother me as much that some people are having breeding failures with the other holiday dragons, as there are so many of those around. If I get no eggs when I breed my '08 and '09 guys, I know there are plenty of others out there to fill the gap. But the Hollies...well, I think there are only a few of us who got them in '07 who are still active. One of the babies from last year (one that was intercepted in trade, so I don't even know who has it) has never been named, so I'm assuming that player isn't around and so won't be breeding. Just IMO, I think the Hollies should all be guaranteed at least ONE egg, if not a full clutch of 4, so we can keep spreading the joy. The dragons will still be rare, and of course some who get eggs this year will have vanished by next year, making them even more rare by breeding time next year.

Anyway, just my...erm, 25 cents, I guess!

Sadly, you can only keep two of any christmas event dragon.

thanks for the info.

i thought that it was odd that i seen the third yule on my scroll with the other two. though i guess the limit is for good cause.

Sadly true.

And I don't want to go to the gifting center who needs a REASON to have a holly. I find that ridiculous >_>

I know what you're talking. The sad thing was that users with less than an year of joining were excluded. I understand that it was for prevent all the new users without experience asking for an Holly, but it isn't nice to users with less time but that are really carefull and have gained experience as well as long joined ones. I was temptated to post, but I didn't for avoid drama.

I'm sorry that some Hollies were bred on midnight, as I'm some hours ahead DC and for me was early morning, so no chances for me. About other Christmas eggs, I found one for type and I'm waiting for a gift, so at the moment I'm resting.

Just bred one Yulebuck and one Snow Angel. Yulebuck bred FOUR eggs and Snow Angel bred THREE! Exciting news smile.gif Now I'm just trying to decide if I should keep the new egg for an S2 frozen hatchling (and release an adult) or not.

But the Hollies...well, I think there are only a few of us who got them in '07 who are still active. One of the babies from last year (one that was intercepted in trade, so I don't even know who has it) has never been named, so I'm assuming that player isn't around and so won't be breeding. Just IMO, I think the Hollies should all be guaranteed at least ONE egg, if not a full clutch of 4, so we can keep spreading the joy. The dragons will still be rare, and of course some who get eggs this year will have vanished by next year, making them even more rare by breeding time next year.

yes, I thought it would be full clutches too

was shocked to get a no egg produced when I did my yules

I agree, so many from 07 are not around and dont breed

so we are relying on a small few who do breed their hollies...and like you most have selected people long in advance so peeps like me are left with only wishful thinking...but I will keep trying to catch one (trick is to even see one though LOL)

Oh so this is open again x3 thanks Z.

I got two Yulebacks and two snow angels, when a few hatch, I'll be open to grab two of the new christmas dragons. I'm ready! I wonder what they'll be... I really have no idea!

I didn't see a holly today at all. Did anyone see it in AP? sad.gif

I didn't personally, but I've read a post somewhere from someone who did. Don't ask me where!

Edited by quinney

Got 2 Yulebucks and 2 Snowangels, and I'm content and happy. tongue.gif

I know I'd never be able to get a Holly, so I'm not even worried about that. I only saw ONE on the AP around the time the breeding began. It was probably around 12:30 AM (DC time/my own time). It was gone REALLY fast.

It seems as though the breeding rules for Christmas dragons this year are different from last year's. I bred my Holly last year and got 4 eggs (sorry, but my list is chock-full, so please do not ask me for an egg, here or in a PM!). This year, it seems that some Hollies are being bred and getting no eggs. sad.gif I really hope TJ will reconsider this. While I do like the idea of keeping Hollies extra-rare and precious (I can afford to - I have one!), I hate the idea of disappointing people year after year. All the the people at the very top of my list have been waiting for two years. It will be heartbreaking if I can't get eggs to at least some of them!

It doesn't bother me as much that some people are having breeding failures with the other holiday dragons, as there are so many of those around. If I get no eggs when I breed my '08 and '09 guys, I know there are plenty of others out there to fill the gap. But the Hollies...well, I think there are only a few of us who got them in '07 who are still active. One of the babies from last year (one that was intercepted in trade, so I don't even know who has it) has never been named, so I'm assuming that player isn't around and so won't be breeding. Just IMO, I think the Hollies should all be guaranteed at least ONE egg, if not a full clutch of 4, so we can keep spreading the joy. The dragons will still be rare, and of course some who get eggs this year will have vanished by next year, making them even more rare by breeding time next year.

I don't think I could have said it better, thank you. happy.gif

Bred my Yulebucks and Snowangels and checked who got the eggs, (I'm such a mother hen) and I know that at least two of my Yulebuck eggs got to people who didn't have any kind of a Christmas dragon (other eggs didn't show their owners). ~<3 I'm so happy for making someone happy. biggrin.gif

Edited by AngelicPain

Have started breeding my yulebucks and snow angels. I went to bed early last night and missed any hollies. It is what it is. I would love one, but it's not meant to be right now.

I hope that the eggs from my yulebucks and angels will go to good homes though!

I fully agree, its very disappointing. My Holly bred one egg, I nearly cried.

I just popped in to add my two cents. I think the Holly Dragons are a bit too rare, as others here do. Christmas is about giving and sharing, and them being so rare doesn't quite fit in with the holiday spirit of things. The Holly is my favorite of the three, and, from what I'm seeing, I may as well give up any hope of getting one. I looked at the Holly gifting thread, and I have not been here 1 full year so I don't qualify. I originally planned to get two yellow eggs, 1 red christmas stripe, and a holly, but I went ahead and picked up another red striped one since after several hours of refreshing, I didnt see one single holly. I cant sit here all day, hour after hour hitting refresh and hoping that Im fast enough to get one should one appear. I have gifts to buy and wrap for my family, for one thing, and holiday plans.

Please, in the spirit of sharing, make them a little easier to get.

Thank you for reading.

Awesome!

Well, Hollies are special, and as such they should be more rare. It seems kinda like a right of passage for the senior DC members. Besides, you don't always ger what you want, and you need to be happy with what you get. Isn't that part of Christmas, too? Being thankful for what you have...

Edited by Kellach

My adult yule buck bred 4 eggs but my snow angel only gave 1 winter egg (bred with a winter seasonal).

Best Christmas ever, TJ! <3

I don't even know how, but I happened to get a Yulebuck and a Snow Angel from the AP. biggrin.gif

And this year, I'll be home to snag the new Christmas dragon. <3

I am SO excited!

Y'know guys, it's not really in your right to whine about the Hollies.

The whole fun in dragon cave is to race to get rare dragons.

It keeps us coming back for more!

If TJ made them common, then what are we supposed to try for on Christmas?

Come on, put in a little effort and you'll get one.

Once you get one, it'll make you SO happy!

If they're more common it'll just be like. Eh.

Edited by Earth Gurl

Well, I bred and released my yules and snowangels late lastnight. So glad so see I made someone's night.

Bucks gave me big clutches to share, Snowangels not as large, but I'm sure I made someone xmas. Take care of my babies. biggrin.gif

Why do people feel the need to inbreed their Christmas eggies? :\

Just caught one to find it was inbreed *sigh*. Still glad I caught one though, don't get me wrong, it's just a slight bit disappointing is all.

BUT I'm still waiting for myself to be unlocked so that I could catch come more holiday eggies! I have too big of a heart to abandon my 3 eggies that I caught 4 days before so I stuck them in a few hatcheries to get em started. I'll just have to wait for a little bit.

Going to grab at least 1 yulebuck and 1 snow angel before the new 2010 come out! Do you think '07 holly will be out, if so i'll grab one of those too! biggrin.gif

Edited by PACMANnot

Fun fun. Bred my Gilt and Yule.... the Gilt gave me 'no interest', but the Yule produced three eggs that I dropped.