TJ09

2010-12-18 - Christmas Event Info

This is very relaxing this year *g* I have two of the 2008 and 2009 Christmas dragons already and don't have to hunt eggs right now, just two of the new ones once they're released. I'd love to have a Holly of course, but they're so rare, many are gifts, and I'm also at work during the day and can't stalk the AP at all, so I doubt I'll ever get one let alone see one! Ah well. biggrin.gif

Will breed my four holiday dragons and set the eggs free - but not before it's actually Christmas. smile.gif

eta: typo

Edited by Arlessiar

Rather sad that the Holly population won't be able to increase, especially since breeding results haven't been as great as one might have hoped, going by what I've seen here and there.

That's really sad. But lets look forward to the 25th. I'm really curious what surprise TJ has planned for us (meaning: what dragon will be this year's Holiday dragon) wink.gif

I just got 1 Snow Angel and 1 Yulebuck!

I can't wait for the new Christmas Dragon. Does anyone know what it is?

(My first DC holiday was a success!)

Edited by AngelWolf424

Edit: great minds think alike. I don't have one, though, I'm just following yours, Sir Barton. laugh.gif

LOL. I'm running on two hours of sleep so mine keeps jumping track. Following it might be a really scary trip. xd.png

I'm hoping for Lettle trees too but I was thinking in line of just maybe we could get a lettle tree badge. That way everyone could have a lettle tree without taking away the "specialness" of the ones that already exist. Could be like the easter baskets and pumpkins. Maybe we could hunt presents to put under our tree. Of course this is delirious ramblings but I get some of my best thoughts when I'm out of my mind. *grins*

I'd like a holly, too, but I am hunting 10 hours nonstop already and haven't seen one, not even one holly!

What I find positive that time, DC seems not laggy. I anticipated it would get worse.

I'd seen guite a few in the first hour and an half past midnite; people were probably breeding like mad. But none since then. Of course with over 500+ folks stalking the AC chances of getting a Holly are slim.... sad.gif

LOL. I'm running on two hours of sleep so mine keeps jumping track. Following it might be a really scary trip. xd.png

I'm hoping for Lettle trees too but I was thinking in line of just maybe we could get a lettle tree badge. That way everyone could have a lettle tree without taking away the "specialness" of the ones that already exist. Could be like the easter baskets and pumpkins. Maybe we could hunt presents to put under our tree. Of course this is delirious ramblings but I get some of my best thoughts when I'm out of my mind. *grins*

It's all those visions of sugar-dragons dancing in our heads, lol.

Makes it hard to sleep well.

Well, the original Vamps are still special, identified by the date, and the others look just the same as those.

I think most people would be happiest getting just the same, and I certainly hope that if they are re-released, they'll be MUCH easier to catch than the originals, lol.

I'm just dying to see/catch/watch the development of the new Holiday dragons.

I wonder if the 'tree ornament' motif will still obtain in the new eggs - it works so well and I'm not sure what else would.

The others have all been so beautiful, I know these new ones will be just fabulous as well, hard as it is to believe that more dragons of that quality that express the holiday season so well could be created.

I'd seen guite a few in the first hour and an half past midnite; people were probably breeding like mad. But none since then. Of course with over 500+ folks stalking the AC chances of getting a Holly are slim.... sad.gif

Sadly true.

And I don't want to go to the gifting center who needs a REASON to have a holly. I find that ridiculous >_>

So let's see which dragons will be released on the 25th...

I'll hold my scroll as free as possible, but somehow hope the new limits will arrive soon, too.

Yeah! I got a snow angel and my sister traded me a buck! I am so happy. I got on when there was like, about 420 people! It was easy to get the snow angel. I still have two spot opened for the Christmas 2010 eggs when they come.

I am one that wished for a holly, but I forgot about breeing starting so wasn't here at midnight like I wanted to, I've been hunting of hours (my bum is sore) and have not even seen one either

did TJ mention maybe the new limits being introduced? it would be nice for those who havn't gotten any yet to be able to catch 2 yules, 2 snow, and 2 of the new biggrin.gif

No, TJ didn't say anything about the Limits, but told us to stay ready for surprises.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

I am one that wished for a holly, but I forgot about breeing starting so wasn't here at midnight like I wanted to, I've been hunting of hours (my bum is sore) and have not even seen one either

did TJ mention maybe the new limits being introduced? it would be nice for those who havn't gotten any yet to be able to catch 2 yules, 2 snow, and 2 of the new biggrin.gif

You can catch the old ones now, hatch them and be unlocked when this year's ones come out. You don't need new egg limits for that.

Most people seem to be breeding their yules and snow angels now, so I expect they'll be increasingly difficult to catch from now on anyway.

As for surprises ... I'm betting my money on a new object hunt. Could be wrong though. It certainly wouldn't be the first time tongue.gif , but seeing as we've had them this Easter and Halloween, I'm guessing it's not that illogical an idea.

Edited by Galya

Yayz, my first ever Holiday egg breedings produced 3 Yulebucks and 1 Snow Angel.

Yeah Holiday Breeding smile.gif

I spred my holiday fever with 1 Yule and 4 (!) Snow angels [self bred eggs], which went to the AP =)

Boy could I use those increased egg limits right now.

HATCH DINO. HATCH!

Gonna try for a Holly this year. Keepin' my fingers crossed. :3

just added to the sharing, my 2 snows only produced 4 eggs, 3 on one and one on the other...my 2 yules only granted me one egg, other no egg was produced

looking forward to the surprise , I love Christmas at the cave

biggrin.gif

Bred my dragons today. 6 Snow Angels and 1 jullbuck went to the AP

And they all found a new home by now. Take good care of the little ones!

Been looking for a Holly, too. No luck. Been stalking the AP since midnight and haven't even SEEN one!

Done my part, though. Bred my Yulebuck and my Snow Angel and put all the eggs on the pile (6 of 'em!)

i did not see anything here about this year. though if anyone can answer me i would be very happy.

i had two Christmas dragons i think there the yules from last year and a snow angel.

i had breed another yule and i kept the egg though when i went to get an snow angel it abandoned my third yule.

was it just a small glitch that i was able to keep it until i picked up one snow angel dragon. and will the release of new holiday dragon eggs abandon my snow angel?

i did not see anything here about this year. though if anyone can answer me i would be very happy.

i had two Christmas dragons i think there the yules from last year and a snow angel.

i had breed another yule and i kept the egg though when i went to get an snow angel it abandoned my third yule.

was it just a small glitch that i was able to keep it until i picked up one snow angel dragon. and will the release of new holiday dragon eggs abandon my snow angel?

Sadly, you can only keep two of any christmas event dragon.

If you had a third Yule, it abandoned due to the Yule breed limit.

You can only have two Holly, two Yulebuck, and Two Angelwing on your scroll.

So, what do you guys think the new christmas dragon will be? I think a present dragon, that hides in a box.