solaflar3

Snow

Gah. There was so much ice on the roads today. Pretty much every school got closed except for mine and a couple others. I guess they just didn't want anyone missing out on finals.

Well, we just recieved a lovely little snow/ice storm last night. Pretty much EVERYTHING froze over in my city, a city that doesn't know how to salt and plow roads, no less. Oh, oh and did I mention that it is the last two days of finals week? Haha, sooo going to my final today was fun -- /not/

I enjoy snow - especially with hot chocolate, cute winter clothes and cuddle time. However, ice storms during finals week (while I am coming down with a cold tongue.gif) is no bueno.

I also couldn't go to work today because I couldn't get into my car laugh.gif

We're apparently getting a two-hour delay tomorrow for less than an inch of snow. Talk about ridiculous.

It's hailing on GPX.

In other news, there is snow on the ground. Just.

Snowed a lot last night :3

School has a 2 hour delay!

We had freezing rain + snow two days ago. My car was covered in snow, and under the snow it was completely encased in ice. I almost couldn't open it, and it took me 20 minutes to scrape the ice off the windows just good enough so I could partially see. I could NOT get the ice off of my mirrors, and they are still completely iced over and useless.

Edited by Syaoransbear

SNOW... lol it has snowed for a while here.. i'm up near chicago il... so we got a good 4 inches...melted then got another inch and a half or so... the school i go to made a HUGE snow ball there was 32 guys pushing it around in the snow ><... Then we got bored and decided to pile snow on top of someone..

And snow ball fights.. WOOH...

Tehehe so much for the center being "horse play" free

Hmmmm... what to do with a centimeter of snow. Yup, it snowed, but it's super lame. My school is so stupid when it comes to snow, they won't let us throw snowballs. The principle was like "I hope you guys have wonderful white snowy breaks so you can all have fun and throw snowballs...off school property of course". It's really annoying.

Snow

Snow

Snow

It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow

Snow Oh

I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow

I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow

Snow Oh

to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing

All winter through

That's where I want to be

Snowball throwing

That's what I'll do

How I'm longing to ski

Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow

Snow Oh

Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no (ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching) snow (ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching)

No white Christmas with no snow

Snow

(ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching) (ching-ching-ching-ching yourself dry.gif)

I'll soon be there with snow

I'll wash my hair with snow

And with a spade of snow

I'll build a man that's made of snow

I'd love to stay up but go back to sleep

Yes, Go to sleep

And dream

Of snow

(ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching)

(ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching-ching)

Pine tree Vermont- Temperature seventy nine degrees

WHAT!!

From white christmas laugh.gif

2cm in under 10 mins. That was not fun to be caught driving in!

Got a little last night. Was great to walk out there barefoot when I took out the trash. (No irony, I do love walking barefoot in the snow for short durations.)

Amerylis got home safely.

Looks like some of my friends wo't be going to Canada/Cyprus at this rate.

Amerylis got home safely.

Is it bad down your way Kestra? We've so far escaped the really heavy snow that we had before, though apparently the Pennines are due to be hit again in a few days. Mind you I don't mind, finished work until the new year, have plenty of food in and we're holed up until after Christmas smile.gif I am getting rather silly at the prospect of a white Christmas again.

Is it bad down your way Kestra? We've so far escaped the really heavy snow that we had before, though apparently the Pennines are due to be hit again in a few days. Mind you I don't mind, finished work until the new year, have plenty of food in and we're holed up until after Christmas smile.gif I am getting rather silly at the prospect of a white Christmas again.

Not at all - maybe two inches in the last week?

Remember I'm a snow snob - I come from the Alps. If you want me to accept 'travel disruptions' as an excuse not to be in my class, there has two be two feet on the ground ;~)

I heard that Gatwick airport was shut down for a few days.

Eh, United Kingdom. As I've said earlier in this thread, I've experienced landing at home in Riga during a severe snowstorm. In fact, I've never heard that the local airport has ever been shut down due to severe weather.

Edited by lightbird

I heard that Gatwick airport was shut down for a few days.

Eh, United Kingdom. As I've said earlier in this thread, I've experienced landing at home in Riga during a severe snowstorm. In fact, I've never heard that the local airport has ever been shut down due to severe weather.

Even Heathrow's down - and Heathrow's the priority airport. Two terminals were completely packed with potential holiday-makers this afternoon and turning people away.

Even Heathrow's down - and Heathrow's the priority airport. Two terminals were completely packed with potential holiday-makers this afternoon and turning people away.

Eurostar looked bad. People queuing for 5 hours or more and still not going anywhere. I think I would have turned around rather than stand in a queue outside for 5 hours.

Eurostar looked bad. People queuing for 5 hours or more and still not going anywhere. I think I would have turned around rather than stand in a queue outside for 5 hours.

I dunno. If I had a holiday, I'd camp in that queue for as long as required. Anything to escape college.

it is now snowing right now... ICK..

We are going to get anywhere from 2 to 4 inches i believe plus the other 2/3 inches left on the ground from the last snow...

i am so going to find my camera and go take pictures of the falling snow out of boredom..

Im in the chicago area and we keep getting that crappy kind of snow where its cold and in the way and it hides ice, but its not bad enough for anyone to even consider closing anything.

Here, Texas is being bipolar as usual. It's 80-something now, it's gonna be like 20-something tonight. :c I wish it'd pick a temp and go with it. Whiiine.

michigan and ohio arent much better xd.png when i started my job in september, it was still tshirt and shorts weather during the day, but jacket/coat weather by night xd.png even had snow once O.o i wish it were 20 degrees at night though, probably looking at another 10 degree night however >>