solaflar3

Snow

Oh yay. A centimeter of snow, my treat. >>;

I don't get snow days, thanks to being homeschooled. Also, I'm in the southern states. That means my definition of 'cold' is way different than most. :/

Anyhow, remember Monday's forecast?

Well, add on windchill, and the fact that I had to walk our dog halfway around the block, whiney sister in tow, wearing crocs.

She was all 'AH CAN'T FEEL MAH TOEZ! D: *whinewhine*'

Baby. <<;

Apparently last weekend we had the worst blizzard our area has experienced since 1990 I think they said. Maybe 1991, I don't remember. Point is, we got a lot of snow over a two day period and it's cold. Very cold. My house is cold. My car is cold. Our school is especially cold and I always seem to sit next to a window. My life is a freezer.

Grrrr, Minnesota, grrrr. Why must I love you, so?

Oh and since we have so many plows at the ready, we have school no matter what. You skip school or work because of snow, you're practically exiled.

Edited by potterwolf

Oh, live in Calgary, Alberta here. Awesome freaking weather. We got snow a couple weeks back, then we get warm weather, approaching spring weather, but now it's moving back into winter weather. Very cold, no snow as of yet.

Yeah, chinooks are awesome. Basically spring thaw in mid-winter. On the other hand, we got snow in August several years back now.

Let's see. Been over 10 years since the snow was bad enough to close school. Got so much it shut down the entire city. This was back in like grade 1, I was like 7 or something. Don't remember how high it actually was.

Then again, we don't get much snow compared to other parts of Canada. I've seen pictures of highways that have like a 10 foot WALL of snow on either side. I don't think I'm exaggerating either.

Ok, according to me Mom, it's 20 feet.

Here's some fun pics:

user posted image

user posted image

Cool! We get snow not quite that high where I am (Although thats as specific as i'm getting). Awesome pics.

Finally! today marked the first daw of "actual" snow,not flurry or anything but stay on the ground amount of snow

It snowed today!!!!!! So happy x3 Not really enough to sled in though... sad.

Take some of our several feet of snow, how about that?

The 'snow' has returned.

YAY! It totally started snowing. WHAAAAAH it's not sticking. It better not be a snow day tomorrow, one of my friends is leaving this school for good and if I can't say bye, I will be very upset. VERY. sad.gif + mad.gif + ohmy.gif =me if it's a snow day tomorrow.

*sings Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chilli Peppers*

I love snow... I had a load last week, but I want some more! laugh.gif

I had some epic huge icicles behind my window until some guys in a crane came by to knock them down. It's a pity because the tallest needed just some 4 more inches to reach the surface of the outer windowsill. I wanted to be in an icy jail cell. XD

It's started snowing again in Sussex. Temperature's dropping like a stone, and we had rain earlier today. So yay, nice slippery icey roads to work on tomorrow....

First (real) snow of the season here! biggrin.gif Total squeedom! Ice is like my element, and I was freakin' out. Hopefully, there will be enough to build forts in and make snowmen out of and sled on and whatnot. biggrin.gif

Haven't seen any snow yet, way down here in the south, but it's pretty cold though, down to the 25s. Brrr! But I guess its way colder up north. wink.gif

Got our first "snow" of the year today. =/

Man, I miss that dry and toasty New Mexican summer!

The first big snowfall of the season hit today, and it was only a few inches haha! At least it isn't as bad as last year...I like being able to drive around places without getting stuck in the snow, thanks ;]