solaflar3

Snow

Where I live, in Wisconsin, we haven't had any snow yet. We may have had one or two flurries, but nothing that didn't turn into rain before hitting the ground, if you know what I mean. We may be getting some that MIGHT actually stick, but I doubt it.

I just moved back here after living in Texas for last Winter...not looking forward to this ****ing snow again. Though where I was living, in Texas, we had a record snow fall last year! ohmy.gif

It's an El Niña year here, so odds are we aren't getting any snow this winter (just cold, cold wind). I'd be fine with that, if it weren't for the wind.

6-8 inches here and that is just the beginning- we could use the moisture, unfortunately it's dry Rocky Mountain snow-- great for the powder hounds, not too good for the wheat farmers dry.gif

We've got about 2 foot of snow up here on the Pennines Kestra biggrin.gif

Though I do completely agree with you, we just don't know how to deal with snow and aren't prepared.

That's fine, 2ft is a decent dump and would cause problems anywhere really. But here in Norfolk we've not had so much as three inches, and suddenly no-one seems to be able to get to work.

Remember, I come from the Alps, so to me a 2ft dump just means a brilliant ski day, and a cold walk to school. I do, in turn, keep in mind that this is England and so most people aren't used to having a foot of snow permanently for four months a year, but is a few centimetres really that bad? I have work colleagues cancelling their last two lessons of the day because the light dusting of snow 'will prevent me getting home.' What, the whole two miles you have to drive?

Snow? What is this meaning of "snow"

I'm a north texan transplant to the coastal texas. I missed the record snow of north texas. December first and 65 degrees. I can't say I'm complaining, but perhaps colder weather for December would be nice. Most we get is freezing rain, and we are even terribly under-prepared for that.

We got the first snow of the season last week here (Oregon, Willamette Valley). All the schools in the county closed! biggrin.gif We didn't get any snow at all last winter so everyone was all psyched for it. I stayed up until 3AM to watch it happen. The other side effect is that a lot of people in town got their outdoor Christmas lights up ahead of it.

Snow rocks. I love this time of year. The only time the city grinds to a halt is when we get hit with ice; there's a lot of rather precipitous hills with hairpin turns so the people living up there can't move until it melts. And since it's a desirable place to live (fantastic views, wildlife in abundance), it's built up. If you skid off the road, you probably won't fall 300 feet to a spectacular flaming death but you will very likely land in someone's bathtub.

I love the snow and building forts and stuff, but I stink at snowball fights. And when I was little we would always make the second section of the snowman's body too big, and we couldn't lift it. There's always this one hill that all the people in my neighborhood go to, because it's epic for sledding. I made a ramp out of snow lat year and it worked.

Then I remember that storm we had last year. We got SO MUCH snow, and it was AWESOME! We missed a huge amount of school. And before you shoveled, you had to practically swim through it to get anywhere.

My dad piled all the snow from the driveway into one big pile, and I called dibs on it. I decided to make a fort in it, and I thought, "why not like a badger's den?" And I did. It was like a mini volcano, and I could comfortably fit in it. But the floor turned to ice, so I couldn't expand it. Still, it was the coolest thing ever! I hope this year we get a similar amount, as I'm gonna be here for Christmas (for once, my family's coming up here instead of me going down there).

When there isn't snow, I treat winter like a mini summer where you just have to wear extra clothes and in return there are less mosquitoes and spiders.

Overall, snow's the best. It's the reason winter's my favorite month.

' snowing pretty heavily outside just right now... didn't notice it, either, until a minute ago.

It just started snowing about an hour ago where I'm at...

YAY, IT'S STICKING!

That's a big deal around here. Not so uncommon for us to get short bouts of snow, but it is pretty uncommon, at least this time of year, for it to look like it's sticking some.

Edited by FireAngel73

No snow yet for us in Connecticut. sad.gif Except the freak November 7th bit.

That saddens me.

I like snow when it falls. Then it gets plowed, and sanded, and smoked onto, and it goes all nasty colors sad.gif

Today I realized that walking around in a snowfall is one of those activities that put me in a deep state of peace.

We got some snow just the other day. smile.gif But it all melted the next day..

Us Texans barely see snow. :< We had some snow last year though, hoping for some this year. It'll be fun. The temperature is really annoying though, it keeps changing randomly.

No snow in a week, and yet pupils still claim that the two inches of snow last Monday is preventing them from getting in.

Bull.

No snow yet, but it's frickin COLD.

The temperature barely stayed above freezing...at 2:00 PM.

We had to bring our dog in due to 20 degree temperatures, and it's only gonna get colder. >>

Why won't it snow!? *raeg*

Well, it can get too cold to snow...

By 20 degrees, I assume you mean Fahrenheit?

I really hope it's going to snow here. It's been below freezing, and the water's already freezing in the pipelines and the fountains at school. Plus there's apparently storm clouds headed our way. I got my fingers crossed. It'd be one of the earliest I've ever seen snow around here.

Sometimes I wish I didn't live in Texas. Like, I've only been in a snowball fight ONCE in my life, and it was really lame. The snowballs were tiny. >.> Ah well, it was fun. We built a miniature snowman. (It melted.)

Today we have slight fog and that kind of snowfall where the flakes seem to be dancing in midair. This is going to be one nice walk to my faculty. :3

Its up to -1 today and it feels warm compared to what we've been having. Any other time -1 would feel cold, but today it doesn't.