solaflar3

Snow

We had a vague suggestion of snow for five minutes this morning.

We've got a blizzard here in Missouri. We had freezing drizzle yesterday so there's a good layer of ice underneath all the snow.

Second cancellation of classes, which is extremely rare for my university to do.

To be honest, I'm at that age where snow days are disappointing. I want my learning time!

It's blizzarding here in NE Kansas, too. They're calling for 9-14 inches of snow by tomorrow. The governor has already signed the documents declaring us a disaster area. Schools, government offices, even the mall is closed today.

Haha, yah here in NW Missouri they're not doing anything. Looks like we didn't get mail or anything though.

Visibility is bad though. I Feel sorry for anyone who has to go out in this

So, apparently where I live is getting hit by the Snowpocalypse.

I'm sad, because classes are cancelled for tomorrow, and that means I have no English class. T.=.T

Blizzard's about to start, here. School was canceled for tomorrow before it ended today, which I'm sure has to be some kind of record for our school system. We hardly ever get snow days, let alone knowing about one the day before. Can't wait to see how much snow we actually get. Last I heard was about 10-18 inches. owo

Mustang, do you live in Illinois then? A blizzards IS in Illinois, cuz I live there.

No, but southern Michigan. It's just starting here, I can hear the winds picking up and it's snowing more. I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared. XD

Right now we are just getting a lot of Ice. Supposed to be an Ice Storm tomorrow.

Unfortunately I work at a 24 hour Wawa with a gas station so we can never close. So I have to go into work even if it's raining fire. >.<

I got stuck working the last two snowstorms we had this year. It wasn't fun... dry.gif

Lots of ice here. There's snow elsewhere, but not much in the area I live. School off and all that, and they haven't plowed the roads yet though.

Mustang, do you live in Illinois then? A blizzards IS in Illinois, cuz I live there.

I'm in IL, it doesn't look too bad out right now. Mostly just a lot of really powdery snow falling and being blown about. It was pretty thick earlier, but not so much ATM.

I had bad blizzard here we will have 6 to 10 inches snow right now. hope finish by tomorrow. I dont like this blizzard's. smile.gif

We didn't get a lot of snow today, but the roads are so icy that school was canceled today and tomorrow.

I'm in IL, it doesn't look too bad out right now. Mostly just a lot of really powdery snow falling and being blown about. It was pretty thick earlier, but not so much ATM.

I live in IL too, its not so bad right now, but we're suppose to get even more wednesday morning. School was cancelled for Wed as well! That is the first time i've ever experienced 2 snow days in a row. biggrin.gif

With the drift, snow's at about 20 inches now, in places without drift, it's probably at least a foot. Of course, to get a proper measurement I would be required to go out into said snow, and I don't own any gear that would allow me to do so without getting coated in the stuff up to my knees, so... xd.png

With the drift, snow's at about 20 inches now, in places without drift, it's probably at least a foot. Of course, to get a proper measurement I would be required to go out into said snow, and I don't own any gear that would allow me to do so without getting coated in the stuff up to my knees, so... xd.png

haha yeah, i just looked outside, and i think we've had about a foot or more, considering that the window rails have like 3-5 inches, and they never gather snow unless theres a lot.

I just took a meter stick outside, we've got 21 inches or so. There's no front stoop anymore, just a vast expanse of snow...

It's too cold for it to snow naturally today, where I am. The temperature is currently hovering around -32F.

The reason why I say naturally, is because there is a little experiment that can be done, and is very fun, when the weather gets this cold.

Take a cup (fluid cup, or similar amount) of boiling hot water outside and throw it up in the air as hard as you can (just the water, not the container). It will go POOF in a cloud of steam and snow, and only snow (with a few small clumps of ice) will fall down.

It's fun. ^^

THAT GROUNDHOG IS NOT GOING TO LIVE TO SEE ITS SHADOW. Ice, snow, slush, sleet , rain and delays. Snowiest winter in NY period.

IT FINALLY SNOWED YESTERDAY. ;D This is probably only about the third or fourth time I've seen snow, counting the times I went on vacations.