sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

I didn't think that far ahead. All I know is she'll be a little depressed since she, you know, died. From there, you'll just have to wait and see.

Awesome Dragon Idea Alert! BWAAAAAA! BWAAAAAAA! BWAAAAAA! I actually came up with all of this at a Boy Scout meeting.

Username: epicdragonguy43

Name: Shaodon

Type/Breed: Yin Yang

Power: Involuntarily switches from Yin form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Yang form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Yang form, he draws power from the light, condenses it into an energy ball, and fires it at his opponents. The more light, the more power the blast has. In Yin form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. In both forms, he has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light/shadow balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Yin form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target.

Age: 20 years, old enough to know how to harness and control his abilities.

He fights for the resistance.

I have changed Shaodon into a matured hatchling. He is sort of a loner, but when he finds a friend to fight alongside by, he sticks with them and protects them with his life.

Awesome Dragon Idea Alert! BWAAAAAA! BWAAAAAAA! BWAAAAAA! I actually came up with all of this at a Boy Scout meeting.

Power: Involuntarily switches from Yin form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Yang form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Yang form, he draws power from the light, condenses it into an energy ball, and fires it at his opponents. The more light, the more power the blast has. In Yin form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. In both forms, he has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light/shadow balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Yin form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target.

First things first, NEVER DOUBLEPOST! There's an edit button in the top right hand corner. Use it. mad.gif

Second thing, this is DC Role-play, which means we highly encourage you to use DC in-cave dragons. I don't recall a Yin Yang dragon in the cave blink.gif You may use the closest dragon that resembles your character and alter its appearance slightly for the role-play, but don't put a breed where nobody knows how it looks like at all. One person might see the yin yang as a black dragon with white stripes, but another might see it as a two headed dragon with glowing red eyes.

Eh, that's all I can think of for now xd.png I'm not sure what's the situation like in the RP -prods LLD & Dusset-

PS. I'll update the OP soon! I swear biggrin.gif

Ah, excellent. Sharly I left. My goodbye is somewhere in the last few pages of the IC. Glad I caught ya.

Seeya 'round.

Edited by Dusset

D: See ya Dusset. I'll still be in the forums if you wanna find me xd.png in the Original Works lol.

Situation in the RP is currently in stand still. I'm only going to shake it up when everyone who's still active is ok with that happening. Not much happening largely due to the lack of dedication of other RP'ers. I know of 2 others besides me who at least check here regularly.

epicdragonguy43,

To avoid confusion as Sharkling said its strongly recommended you use a DC (Dragon cave) breed of dragon for your character. I also need to know just how much power they can put into there shots (if you keep this power) and how often they can do so before dropping dead.

Okay, here are my changes to make it a DC dragon:

Type/Breed: Nocturne

Power: He has a rare Nocturne ability that can withstand immobility when in contact with light. Involuntarily switches from Night form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Day form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Day form, he draws power from the light, condenses it into an energy ball, and fires it at his opponents. The more light, the more power the blast has. In Night form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. In both forms, he has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light/shadow balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Night form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target. If Shaodon uses over 20 energy balls with no break period, he will become tired much faster. If he uses ten more, he will pass out. He cannot die by his abilities, however. Using rapid fire mode, since each small ball is only a quarter of a regular energy sphere, he can use this ability 4 times more.

How's this?

Okay, here are my changes to make it a DC dragon:

Power: He has a rare Nocturne ability that can withstand immobility when in contact with light. Involuntarily switches from Night form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Day form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Day form, he draws power from the light, condenses it into an energy ball, and fires it at his opponents. The more light, the more power the blast has. In Night form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. In both forms, he has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light/shadow balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Night form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target. If Shaodon uses over 20 energy balls with no break period, he will become tired much faster. If he uses ten more, he will pass out. He cannot die by his abilities, however. Using rapid fire mode, since each small ball is only a quarter of a regular energy sphere, he can use this ability 4 times more.

How's this?

Ooh, a Nocturne wub.gif I wouldn't mind the power at night, but maybe remove the day ones? Nocturnes become like statues the moment light strikes them, like on a cellular level, and are extremely vulnerable during that period. According to the dragon description, little else is known about their behavior, so I don't mind about the shooting shadows part.

Or you could choose to make power to be that he resists the instinct to turn to stone at light. That itself is quite major already, for a Nocturne...

Updating the OP... Complete!

Should I join back the RP? blink.gif

Edited by sharlykng

If you want to. Drako keeps browsing the freeforms but not here, so I can't do anything sleep.gif

You guys struggling over here? How many people do you have on now-a-days?

Yeah, where lacking people that stay and can post at least once a day. As a result its hardly active anymore.

The whole point was that he would resist the daylight AND have his day powers.

Limitations are the point. Have to work with in the limitations to be approved here. Nocturnal, if he does not turn to stone in day light your already as sharlykng said, doing a lot there. He can keep the shadow power but we do not accept power houses unless talked over and voted in by the RP community.

Fine. Here's the revised version. Happy?

Power: He has a rare Nocturne ability that can withstand immobility when in contact with light. Involuntarily switches from Night form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Day form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Night form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. He also has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Night form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target. If Shaodon uses over 20 energy balls with no break period, he will become tired much faster. If he uses ten more, he will pass out. He cannot die by his abilities, however. Using rapid fire mode, since each small ball is only a quarter of a regular energy sphere, he can use this ability 4 times more.

Fine. Here's the revised version. Happy?

Power: He has a rare Nocturne ability that can withstand immobility when in contact with light. Involuntarily switches from Night form, where he turns jet black, but his golden eyes stay the same, to Day form, where he turns completely white. This switch occurs when the sun fully sets on the horizon at dusk or when it is fully up at dawn. In Night form, he momentarily takes his opponent's shadow away and fires it back at it in a black energy ball. This returns the target's shadow. The larger the shadow, the more power the attack has. He also has a rapid fire mode to fire smaller amounts of light balls at amazing speed. He has spikes on his tail for melee battles. Under bright light or in a dark room, Shaodon will also change form. In Night form, he can take his own shadow as a projectile that immediately returns to him after it has hit the target. If Shaodon uses over 20 energy balls with no break period, he will become tired much faster. If he uses ten more, he will pass out. He cannot die by his abilities, however. Using rapid fire mode, since each small ball is only a quarter of a regular energy sphere, he can use this ability 4 times more.

I still see it wink.gif

I can RP, but with the different timezones and all, maybe a few posts a day? It's the holidays for me now, but when school picks up, I might not be able to post as much.

We need all the help we can get. Seriously.

Perhaps we can make him able to withstand light for a period of time instead of instantly statue-ifying? Like, say, 10 minutes?

... I guess I'm okay with that. So just to be clear, once Shaodon is apporved, i can use him for any DC RPs? How about he can go in the light for an our at a time with a 10 minute cool-down period. If he doesn't have that period, then he'll turn to "stone" until nightfall.

Really? After a week and NO ONE'S RESPONDED? C'mon guys. I check this post every two hours. I need help with my dragon and where he's going to go.

Edited by epicdragonguy43

Yes, calm down. Interest had just been lost in this rp, plus people are busy. If you have your dragon wander around, people are bound to notice him eventually.

... I guess I'm okay with that. So just to be clear, once Shaodon is apporved, i can use him for any DC RPs? How about he can go in the light for an our at a time with a 10 minute cool-down period. If he doesn't have that period, then he'll turn to "stone" until nightfall.

Really? After a week and NO ONE'S RESPONDED? C'mon guys. I check this post every two hours. I need help with my dragon and where he's going to go.

I'm not certain about this unsure.gif What do you think, LLD?

Sorry about the wait; I've been grabbed by RL, working during my vacation and all...