sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

No problem. By the way, Claws' story is coming along quite nicely. How am i going so far, and what should i write about him next?

EDIT: Just worried i may run out of material.

EDIT 2: Done for the night.

EDIT: I will be on for a while longer. Just a little.

Edited by Coryn02

Actually, that reminds me...

We need to come up with some standard for age...

Sure. Should we follow by DC or create our own?

Something like this?

[Roughly following the DC generic dragon descriptions]

Stages

[Newly hatched] - No need to explain, it's a newborn. (A day to a week max)

[Hatchling] - A relatively young hatchling. (1 week old to around 2 years)

[Matured hatchling] - Adolescent hatchling undergoing maturity, which just means it's growing wings/marks/horns/fur/etc. (Anytime during the hatchling phase. Supposed to happen gradually, but if I'm not wrong, Stoneza actually went through the process, which was fast and painful. I think we need some more elaborations on this *thinks*)

[Adult] - A fully grown dragon (After maturity to near infinite time)

What do you think? I'll stick this on the FAQ section of the OP.

Edited by sharlykng

That seems fairly fine, but that may generate issues. (Piruk is still slowly changing from Hatchling to Matured, causing a lack of feet. But it might be different, since he's a lich an' all.)

Something like this?

Stages

[Matured hatchling] - Adolescent hatchling undergoing maturity, which just means it's growing wings/marks/horns/fur/etc. (Anytime during the hatchling phase. Supposed to happen gradually, but if I'm not wrong, Stoneza actually went through the process, which was fast and painful. I think we need some more elaborations on this *thinks*)

Looks good. biggrin.gif

hello :3 I would like to join this rp, if it isn't too late, of course :3 And if you could catch me up on whats going on so I could fit my character in <3

Name: Ahava

Type: Bright Pink

Power: Healing. She could only heal burns, though.

Job: Medic

Personality: Defenseless. She takes her job and cause very seriously. When things actually go well she's kind, but only to the non-evil hatchlings (She's completely different towards evil hatchlings, but still defenseless)

Appearance: A frail pink hatchling with no wings. She has exuberant blue eyes and a smooth, lean body.

XP I know where i'm going, but i don't know where anyone else is or their plotline.

Can someone help me out with this?

Something like this?

Stages

I was thinking more along the lines oooooffff:

Newborn- born to 5 yrs.

Hatchling- 5yrs to 50 yrs.

Matured hatchling- 50 to 200 yrs.

Adult- 200yrs. to infinity.

They do live forever.

hello :3 I would like to join this rp, if it isn't too late, of course :3 And if you could catch me up on whats going on so I could fit my character in <3

Job: Medic

Personality: Defenseless. She takes her job and cause very seriously. When things actually go well she's kind, but only to the non-evil hatchlings (She's completely different towards evil hatchlings, but still defenseless)

Appearance: A frail pink hatchling with no wings. She has exuberant blue eyes and a smooth, lean body.

Perfect, remove the job and add a history and I'll look again.

mmk :3

History: When she was a newborn, she was surrounded by evil hatchlings. Frail as she was, she had no choice but to flee. Then she found a group that fights back to these evil hatchlings, and decided to take safety within it. Seeing all the wounds of the warriors, Ahava became very fearful of going into battle, but she will do anything she can.

Personality: Defenseless. She takes her cause very seriously. When things actually go well she's kind, but only to the non-evil hatchlings (She's completely different towards evil hatchlings, but still defenseless).

Edited by magicaldragon98

Username: TotallyDrow

Name: Thorn

Type: Spitfire

Power:

- Intense Blue flames

- Ability to turn sand/dust particles into clear glass

- The tip of his tail's edges are sharp. Can swing his tail around almost as if swinging a basic sword

- Due to being forced to fight for his survival (read history) he has developed a strong fighting instinct further enhanced by his spitfire genetics

Personality:

Usual Spitfire personality

- Territorial

- Sometimes his anger may get the best of him. A common trait in spitfires :3

- Loyal to those he trust.

- Due to his fighting spirit, he has the tendency to grow an ego.

Appearence:

user posted image

Age/Stage: Just reached maturity (he only just got his wings)

History:

Day's after hatching, his parents where slaughtered by a group of warrior's. These men had planned to use the scales of the older dragons to reinforce their armour, and to train the hatchling's into being obediant servants to their cause. Thorn had been locked up in a cage, chained by his neck and ankles,and on a daily basis he would recieve harsh treatment by his human captives. They would attempt to make Thorn obediant, force him to view human's as his master and to do their bidding. These humans would frequently put the hatchlings into a ring and force them to fight one another, in an attempt to seperate the weaklings from the strong. The human's were only interested in the strong hatchlings... what happened to those hatchlings that were considered weak was unknown to Thorn. On one faithful day, when the humans were forcing the other hatchlings to spar against each other, Thorn had found freedom.

A human female had wandered into the abandoned shack where Thorn had been held,even though all human's looked somewhat alike, he could tell that she was younger then those men who frequently tormented him. At first Thorn was suspicious off her, he was suspicious of all human's, all he knew about them was their anger, their hatred towards the dragonkin and their manipulative way's. However, having recently been forced to fight for his survival against a bigger hatchling, Thorn was too fatigued to do anything... to his surprise though, this human had unlocked Thorn from his bonds, freeing him from the cage that had held him prisoner for most of his young life... she had snuck him out of the village and brought him into the surrounding forest unable to do anything more for Thorn she left him there giving him the remains of a half eaten sheep leg. Thorn watched on as she returned to her village thankful for her kindness....

Thorn has been wandering the wood's ever since then...

Extra:

Rather then having bright yellow eye's, Thorn possibly due to his heritage, had developed dark blue eye's... across his right eye is a scar, the remnants of his fight against another hatchling, whilst held captive. The turquoise on his body is also relatively darker in comparison to other spitfires.

There are scars around his neck and ankles, the result of being chained within the cage.

P.S, if i get accepted, is it possible to catch me up on the most recent events? So i don't mess up the storyline xd.png

I was thinking more along the lines oooooffff:

Newborn- born to 5 yrs.

Hatchling- 5yrs to 50 yrs.

Matured hatchling- 50 to 200 yrs.

Adult- 200yrs. to infinity.

They do live forever.

Yeah, but we have to find one that is suitable for ALL dragon types in DC though.

[Newly hatched] - No need to explain, it's a newborn.

[A day to 3 years]

[Hatchling] - A relatively young hatchling.

[3 years to 30 years]

[Matured hatchling] - Adolescent hatchling undergoing maturity, which just means it's growing wings/marks/horns/fur/etc.

[30 years to 50 years] << How slow can growing wings get?

[Adult] - A fully grown dragon

[50 years to indefinite]

It's suspected they live forever, but there aren't any proof that they do. Even DC also says that:

Dragons are creatures with nearly unlimited life spans. They can survive for long periods of time, and no one has found a dragon that has died of old age.

Anyways, does it require more editing? biggrin.gif

Name:   Thorn

Power:

- Intense Blue flames

- Ability to turn sand/dust particles into clear glass

- The tip of his tail's edges are sharp. Can swing his tail around almost as if swinging a basic sword

- Due to being forced to fight for his survival (read history) he has developed a strong fighting instinct further enhanced by his spitfire genetics

Personality:

Usual Spitfire personality

- Territorial

- Sometimes his anger may get the best of him. A common trait in spitfires :3

- Loyal to those he trust.

- Due to his fighting spirit, he has the tendency to grow an ego.

Appearence:

user posted image

History:

Day's after hatching, his parents where slaughtered by a group of warrior's. These men had planned to use the scales of the older dragons to reinforce their armour, and to train the hatchling's into being obediant servants to their cause. Thorn had been locked up in a cage, chained by his neck and ankles,and on a daily basis he would recieve harsh treatment by his human captives. They would attempt to make Thorn obediant, force him to view human's as his master and to do their bidding. These humans would frequently put the hatchlings into a ring and force them to fight one another, in an attempt to seperate the weaklings from the strong. The human's were only interested in the strong hatchlings... what happened to those hatchlings that were considered weak was unknown to Thorn. On one faithful day, when the humans were forcing the other hatchlings to spar against each other, Thorn had found freedom.

A human female had wandered into the abandoned shack where Thorn had been held,even though all human's looked somewhat alike, he could tell that she was younger then those men who frequently tormented him. At first Thorn was suspicious off her, he was suspicious of all human's, all he knew about them was their anger, their hatred towards the dragonkin and their manipulative way's. However, having recently been forced to fight for his survival against a bigger hatchling, Thorn was too fatigued to do anything... to his surprise though, this human had unlocked Thorn from his bonds, freeing him from the cage that had held him prisoner for most of his young life... she had snuck him out of the village and brought him into the surrounding forest unable to do anything more for Thorn she left him there giving him the remains of a half eaten sheep leg. Thorn watched on as she returned to her village thankful for her kindness....

Extra:

Rather then having bright yellow eye's, Thorn possibly due to his heritage, had developed dark blue eye's... across his right eye is a scar, the remnants of his fight against another hatchling, whilst held captive. The turquoise on his body is also relatively darker in comparison to other spitfires.

There are scars around his neck and ankles, the result of being chained within the cage.

P.S, if i get accepted, is it possible to catch me up on the most recent events? So i don't mess up the storyline xd.png

With regards to the powers, any dragon can create glass. They just have to concentrate their flames and melt the sand, which will turn into a jelly-like substance, before it solidifies into hard glass. That's how vases are made. biggrin.gif So technically, that's not a power.

The 'Extra' section could just be put into the 'Appearance' section, since it's the minor alterations of the sprite.

Other than that, you're fine biggrin.gif

More spitfires, yay. We always need more spitfires. Whats the species count now anyway? So far, three liches, 2 spitfires, anything else?

Yeah, but we have to find one that is suitable for ALL dragon types in DC though.

[Newly hatched] - No need to explain, it's a newborn.

[A day to 3 years]

[Hatchling] - A relatively young hatchling.

[3 years to 30 years]

[Matured hatchling] - Adolescent hatchling undergoing maturity, which just means it's growing wings/marks/horns/fur/etc.

[30 years to 50 years] << How slow can growing wings get?

[Adult] - A fully grown dragon

[50 years to indefinite]

It's suspected they live forever, but there aren't any proof that they do. Even DC also says that:

With regards to the powers, any dragon can create glass. They just have to concentrate their flames and melt the sand, which will turn into a jelly-like substance, before it solidifies into hard glass. That's how vases are made. biggrin.gif So technically, that's not a power.

The 'Extra' section could just be put into the 'Appearance' section, since it's the minor alterations of the sprite.

Other than that, you're fine biggrin.gif

I was just following what it said on the species discription tongue.gif Lols xd.png

If that's the case, for Power's can i also be able to breath ice aswell as breathing fire? A trait passed down from one of his parents, before he was taken away?

Thanks for accepting :3

Edited by TotallyDrow

O_o All dragons naturally are able to breathe fire. So I take it that your character can breathe ice, and has minor enhancements (the fighting instinct and the sharp tail)?

Annnnnnnnd.... I didn't actually say you're 'Approved', or 'Accepted'. >~<" Just go and make the adjustments and either LLD, Dusset or I will look it over again.

Ah okay. Will do :3.

Edit:

Name: Thorn

Power:

- Ability to breath both fire and ice. The ice was an inherited ability from one of his parents.

- Enhanced battle instincts due to being forced to spar against other hatchlings whilst held captive

- The end of his tail (the part that resembles an arrowhead) is sharpened.

Personality:

- Territorial

- Curious

- Tendency to develop an ego

- Not used to being touched due to the abuse he recieved at the hands of the human's

- Naive

Appearence:

user posted image

History:

Extra:

Edited by TotallyDrow

@sharlykng

You should update the active players list. And the dragons within the RP.

OK, well I don't see anything wrong with your APP there Drow, I wanted to let you know, due to my two chars being the only spitfires for the longest time, I've created a culture from which they live. Now, the Eastern desert follows this culture, the Western is full of fighting between humans and dragons. So when you run into Scuta or Jink ((both spitfires (me))) expect to be showered with rapid Latin and questions.

Oh and the humans in the area have been captured by Thrymzen and Jink ((the badguys.)).

Lastly, accepted.

Oh, and P.S. one of the tings that will probably be asked is if Thorn is from Scuta's deceased clan 'Usque'.

OK, well I don't see anything wrong with your APP there Drow, I wanted to let you know, due to my two chars being the only spitfires for the longest time, I've created a culture from which they live. Now, the Eastern desert follows this culture, the Western is full of fighting between humans and dragons. So when you run into Scuta or Jink ((both spitfires (me))) expect to be showered with rapid Latin and questions.

Oh and the humans in the area have been captured by Thrymzen and Jink ((the badguys.)).

Lastly, accepted.

Oh, and P.S. one of the tings that will probably be asked is if Thorn is from Scuta's deceased clan 'Usque'.

Thank you smile.gif

Ill wait for the right moment to make my first post biggrin.gif

Gonna try my best to catch up with the story line aswell.

*gasp* It's Claws' doppelgänger!

His mom's a gold, his dad's a black, and he's wild. I didn't notice that at first. It's creepy...

Edited by Coryn02

Ok, for Harizi in particular, and anyone involved with Thrymzen in general, here's a basic still way too long description of the current state of the Thrymzen's fortress:

-The Citadel is about to be founded (it's not really the Citadel if Thrymzen hasn't bound his soul to it) on what used to be a castle/mansion that belonged to three human kings. It was the seat of power for humans in the area; more importantly, it maintains optimum distance from all the resources Thrymzen requires and is on level enough ground to build a massive city and accompanying fortifications. The castle itself is relatively nondescript and unimportant, and won't be standing for long.

-The castle is presently surrounded by an enormous moat, forming a circle fully a mile in diameter. It is largely incomplete; each day, thousands of humans and dozens of dragons continue to labor on the project. When finished, it will be about 20 feet deep and 40 feet wide - large enough for water dragons to swim through. It marks the outside of the Citadel's main fortifications, though the city will eventually extend far beyond. The earth dug up by the moat's construction is being piled into a wall behind the trench; in many areas, it has reached ten feet in height. It is manned by few sentinels; there are so many people nearby, nothing could sneak past unseen.

-To the east of the circle, there's a large city of wooden huts and tents, constructed by the human laborers as temporary lodging until better housing can be finished.

-To the northeast, there is a small hill overlooking a flattened pavilion. This is rapidly turning into Thrymzen's command center; the square pavilion is around 500 feet to a side, and most of the human and dragon leaders will soon either move into shelters next door, or spend most of their time there anyway.

-Large wagon trains or supply flights continually carry supplies in from the abandoned human villages. (Thrymzen forcibly evicted their inhabitants to work at the Citadel.) Much of the human's belongings have now been recovered and shifted to their new homes. A number of farmers are permitted to remain near their old villages for the purpose of harvesting their crops this year, under proper supervision and with the aid of draconic magic.

-----------------------------------------------------Point at which this ceases to be relevant to anyone who's just visiting the place-------------------------------------------------------------

-The 200-odd undead Thrymzen reanimated when he took control of the castle have been busy digging catacombs to help lay the Citadel's foundations. I don't think I actually mentioned this before, but 'underground' really is the most likely place for them to have been working.

-The fortress currently plays host to around ten thousand humans and a hundred dragons. Up to 30% of these may not actually be near the castle at any given time; farming, cutting wood, and mining stone from the mountains in the North are increasingly common assignments. (The last, especially.)

Notable inhabitants include:

-The lich lord Thrymzen: once his soul is bound to the Citadel, he's effectively a permanent resident - even if his body and phylactery are away, he will maintain an empathic link to the fortress.

-The five Masters of the Citadel: Thrymzen's chief lieutenants, each of which will rule over one of the five sections of the city. Actually, only two of them are present right now.

-Hylacron: Thrymzen's chief magician, the old Third Master. An exceptionally skilled magi dragon, in charge of organized magic within the Citadel. Hylacron is considered by many to be one of the world's foremost artificers; he helped Thrymzen create the soulspheres carried by each of the Masters. Despite his undeniable brilliance, he usually comes across as a little bit off (because he is) and is utterly useless in a fight.

-Talwyrn: effectively, the Citadel's chief quartermaster. In charge of civilian affairs, handling resources, and managing the city as something other than a massive war machine. Talwyrn is a two-headed dragon with gift for mathematics; he's replacing the old Fifth Master, who was killed when the last Citadel fell.

Arriving soon:

-Nathacram: a black dragon, the First Master, and one of Thrymzen's oldest and closest allies. Nathacram is the strategic genius behind the Armada's past successes; under his command, it never suffered a crippling defeat until the Citadel fell. He possesses no unique powers of his own, but is a quick-witted, well-trained fighter and still carries the magic items Hylacron created for him over a thousand years ago. Nathacram will arrive within a day, to witness the Citadel's rebirth.

-Solaroth: the new Second Master, Solaroth, is the only surviving student of the old Master of Defense, Celerion. Like his predecessor, he is one of a rare number of guardian dragons who has abandoned his ancestral duties and joined with Thrymzen's rebellion against Fate and the gods. He'll arrive in a week or two.

Edited by Chess Tyrant

Username: Crazy Dragon Lady

Name: Smalldash

Type/Breed: Whiptail

Power: Smarts

Personality: Kind, friendly and loving; will help anyone in need

Appearance: Sandy color with yellow stripes; tiny wings tipped with black and white

Age/Stage: Winged Hatchling

History: Nothing much

Extra: She has shimmering golden eyes, and likes to dash about near dry spots. She will alert the other hatchlings when anything dangerous nears.

Edited by Crazy Dragon Lady

Username: Crazy Dragon Lady

Name: Smalldash

Type/Breed: Whiptail

Power: Speed, agility, whiptail, smarts, gliding (is that too much?)

Personality: Kind, friendly and loving; will help anyone in need

Appearance: Sandy color with yellow stripes; tiny wings tipped with black and white

Age/Stage: Winged Hatchling

History: Nothing much

Extra: She has shimmering golden eyes, and likes to dash about near dry spots. She will alert the other hatchlings when anything dangerous nears.

She posted in the wrong thread at first. Redirected her here. XP