TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

I play a text based rpg game called Immortal Night. I joined a "house" on there and everyone in our house chat was always talking about eggies and hatchies. Color me confused when I couldn't figure out what it had to do with a vampire vs. werewolf game. LOL. I'm one of those people that just didn't get DC at first. I couldn't see what the point was of chasing down a bunch of virtual eggs. I guess I got curious and bored enough to give it a try one day. Now I'm one of the biggest DC addicts in our house chatroom. lmao. I'm constantly talking about DC and letting everyone know the latest DC news. xd.png OH, and I even got my hubby playing, too. He loves to brag that I started playing first but he's the one with the guardian of nature. sleep.gif

I found the site through someone's Livejournal profile. I clicked the link, debated for a few days on whether I should join and finally said "Ah, what the heck?" Now, over 300 dragons later... smile.gif

I found it through seeing signatures on Wizards of the Coast's official forum for Magic: the Gathering.

I get enough views just there for my dragons to hatch nicely; when I first started, one dragon got sick, but fortunately I learned what to do in time to save it.

Found through a Pern thread on Ravelry( Knit/Crochet site)

I have no idea if anyone else from there is still playing, I haven't had time to go back laugh.gif

I first found out about DC from a Tokio Hotel forum. The last time I was there almost everyone played. I'm not sure how many still play, I haven't been on in a looong time.

Haha "warm friendly"... only if you're of a certain mindset. Well, that's mostly in regards to GD, but still... ahaha...

... *cough* Anyhow, probably just 'cause the art's pretty good and a lot of people get attention by posting scroll links/eggs on other sites to get views and clicks.

It's definitely warm and friendly compared to some other parts of the forum that we don't see. At least from what I heard. I think it could be better....but that's not the subject here.

I got here after clicking on Unibomber703's (now Firefeathers) dragons on DA. Dun think she plays anymore.

@quadibloc: I have drams of joining there...hopefully some day that will be true :3

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I found this game from another website. I saw the little dragons my immediate thought was "OMG DRAGONS /WANT" xd.png

What Sock said... and what Fabulo said... and what AngelKitty said.

*Ahem* In my own words, I got hooked after seeing the eggs in signatures saying "click me". I didn't at first. Then I saw an especially awesome looking one and had to click it. Then I saw the other Dragons. Then I thought: "Wouldn't it be nice to get one or two of my own?".

... No. One or two =/= possible. Not when the site reels you in by giving you a time limit, forcing you to figure out how to raise views fast enough that your egg doesn't die. Then you see the gorgeous holidays and think "Dude! I want those too!"

That combined with constant new releases and not retiring old dragons so that even new users can get them (barring frills, old pinks, and leetle trees {for now}). And you can just keep getting more... it never stops. Plus the adults "take care of themselves", so there's no tedious punishment of feeding/playing with the things when you have frikin' 500+ dragons...

It's just too much to deny! <@_@>

...Now that I've ranted about it (in a good way) DragCave now seems like TV Tropes, adoptable style. Lol, TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life DragCave Will Consume Your Life. xd.png

I joined a couple of years ago on a lark when someone posted the link on the Hockey site I frequent.

I saw people with the eggs in their signatures on this other forum I'm on back around May 2008, and then someone started a thread asking where they could get some eggs too. I was curious so I was reading around in the thread and ended up making my DC account. It eventually wore off on the forum and that thread died after becoming very long, which was sort of disappointing. That was around the time I took a break because there weren't many new eggs and without other forum members doing it, I had no idea where to put my eggs/hatchies to get clicks and views. ^^;

Signature on Deviant Art had '(Please read the forum rules)' in it.

That was over two years ago biggrin.gif

I found out about DC on another forum, there was a thread about it and I thought it looked really cool. Two of the people on the forum who introduced me to it ended up becoming two of my bestfriends. Though I wasn't completely addicted like I am now until December 2009 when I went to visit those two friends and one of them had me sign up for the forums and helped me get my Yulebucks and Trios. Ha it was really fun all of us on our computers catching dragons together. Anyways now DC is like my biggest addiction and everytime I talk to my two friends we're almost always talking about DC biggrin.gif

Well I got here from another site because of a link in someone's signature on the other forum. Lots of people find it that way.

Exectly.

I found the site from a fanfiction writers signature on Live Journal.

I clicked somebody's DC egg on GaiaOnline, and it was all downhill from there. x']

I found the site on a forum. Then it was really popular, but most of the other users quitted and only a few play it now.

I kept on seeing eggs and hatchies in people's sigs on ChickenSmoothie, so i finally joined. Now I'm on DC and DCF... 5X as often as CS? :3

I found the site on the profile of an user of Dragonadopters... First, I don't use it, but then... I just love it !

...Now that I've ranted about it (in a good way) DragCave now seems like TV Tropes, adoptable style. Lol, TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life DragCave Will Consume Your Life. xd.png

What brought me here was mostly curiosity, after seeing click requests on various forums (especially NaNo this year). I also wanted to check it out before my son joined, as he's been interested in such things for a while.

I'm quite new (having joined on 10/21/10), but the thing that keeps me here already is the discovery of lineage projects. I have a good half-dozen personal projects planned out as it is, and now I've got the urge to start a TV Tropes lineage. xd.png

Someone was spamming threads about their eggs on another forum I go to. Decided to join cause some of the sprites looked cool and it gave me something to put in my signature.

I got here from a bunch of friends on a rpg site and i didnt like it at first but then i started looking around at the wiki site at all the eggs and then i got really hooked. smile.gif and now i have a dragon cave tab open on my web all the time smile.gif. that was back in Febuary and my very first dragon was a black hatchie and a frill then it grew to 158 dragons and counting and now im starting my paper army.

My Grandmother (she's 60+) got me in to it, she gave me her scroll w/320 dragons on it and now I have about 662 including eggs/hatchies! laugh.gif

Well I found it through other people.. One of my friends on a pokemon drawing board posted a link to their dragons and talked me into getting a scroll. I got a purple and a red and went nuts. Now I have about 300 or so... I started back in '08 sometime. laugh.gif

I think dragon cave spreads like crazy. Especially when it hit Gaia.