TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

Dunno if I replied to this but my sister was the first one to find it so I checked it out and have been playing (almost) ever since. This was back in 2008.

I have known about dragcave for a few years. I play a little mmorpg called Istaria which has dragons as a player race. The forum there will mention anything on the web that is dragon in the off topic section (we are all dragon addicts there). The dragcave people had a thread going in the fun section, but it seemed rather complicated raising them and I wasn't much of a forum poster. Didn't think I could keep one alive so I didn't try an account.

This summer I got bored and wandered over and kinda wanted to get a ribbon dancer like I saw others had. I was delighted to find the fan sites after my first four eggs counted down to 4 days left to live and not nearly enough views to make it just from my signature on forum posts. So I managed to hatch and raise those first eggs and been here ever since. Though I was sad to discover the ribbon dancer was a special holiday dragon and I have to wait for Christmas and hope my catching skills are up to the job.

I know there are still some here from Istaria and if you know Dracaena on Order or Sundancer on Chaos, it's me!

I saw dragons on someone signature on an unrelated forum, and ended up taking a look from that.

clicked on a magi dragon on a sig in a manga forum... It looked so cute <3

was hooked instantly... (and my first dragon was a magi :3 )

my first dragons didn't die... (I think) but I do remember getting rid of a vamp egg which was my first egg because of the story on the wiki.... (I might of actually been so horrified that I killed it... :S I would say I was very young back then but it was only a year ago....)

Edited by 626lavaheart

DC took over Horseland. I'd never heard of the site before, but then suddenly there were dragons everywhere. They actually annoyed the heck out of me until I saw the alt black. Now I'm here smile.gif

My sister recommended it to me! I think she found it through her forum sites. I fell in love with the website, love at first site! I was so excited about it I made a bunch of pictures and stuff on paint (my avatar is one of my original "designs" and the 4 eggs in my avatar are my 4 original eggs)

My sister no longer plays, but I stil do. I took a long hiatus from the site but rejoined and I'm not even considering leaving anytime soon!

Saw some of my friends raising eggs. I clicked on their eggs and then saw the link 'get your own'. That's how it all started for me. smile.gif

Edited by Miraxzee

Clicked on a friends eggs, clicked 'get your own,' now i'm addicted! biggrin.gif

This thread needs a poll of some sort, methinks.

Someone posted their eggs on their Neopets Userlookup.

Then they explained DragCave to people. tongue.gif

Sister found a link to someones eggs in their forums signature somewhere.

I was on a webkinz forum, a friend had a dragcave egg in his signature. I clicked it and came here. tongue.gif

I used to be on an online dog forum and saw the little eggies and dragons in signatures. Clicked on a few, but it took me a few months before I decided to join up. Have been on DragCave ever since though. The Dog Forum? Haven't been back for a couple of years, lol.

Edited by CDM

on a sims3 russian fansite xd.png saw the eggs in people's signatures, got interested. shafully, I was too lazy at first to register (if I hadn't been so lazy I could have started playing before Halloween-2010 and get some CB Marrows, stupid me!!!)

I saw a dragon in someone's signature on a fish forums. I clicked on it, then tried making an account. I didn't get my activation e-mail, however, and I didn't try to re-send for a few months. I ended up missing the CB Black Marrows sad.gif , but I made an account in time for the Ribbon Dancers! biggrin.gif

Now I've got my brothers and a friend playing it! tongue.gif

There was this one time, I was messing around in Serebiiforums, and I saw this one guy with a few eggs in his sig. I clicked, and got interested. Made an account, didn't know that you could snag 4 eggs so I caught a CB purple, and... kinda forgot about the thing. I guess I copied the egg's link to my sig in Serebiiforums, and forgot about it. A week later, I suddenly remembered that I had an egg to take care of, and it had hatched. smile.gif

I had to learn everything on my own, because I was too shy to join the forums. I still remember those old days nearly three years ago, when I was a newbie... *sniff*

I also convinced a friend to join DC. Because I just kept on talking about stuff in here, she one day came to me and told me that she had considered making an account. She doesn't have a forum account yet, but I serve as her mentor and help her catch eggs and take care of them, as she's a bit busy with school and everything. A day or two later, my friend's little brother joined in. biggrin.gif

I was in a Warrior cats Guild/Chatgroup on Neopets, and some friends from there were talking about dragons. After some creative wording and spelling on their part, I found DC in mid/late Febuary of '09. smile.gif

Someone had eggs in their sig on a forum I used to frequent, and I clicked them to see what they were. I was hesitant about joining at first because I was worried that I would grow bored and quit, but after a couple months of seeing eggs in signatures I caved in and joined. I caught my first egg, completely forgot about it, and a week later I came back to see that it had died. After that I began paying more attention, and after my second dragon hatched and grew up I knew I had to get more. After that I was officially hooked, although I do take some breaks from the site every now and then.

LOL I came once, when i was 10?12? and i saw the site, with the three eggs, and was like O.o what? So i clicked it, got it, and quit cause i didnt know what to do. D: Lol!!

then i remembered the site...and wormed out its mysteries. rolleyes.gif lol

i'm obsessed with dragons, so when i was 9 i looked up dragon websites on google and found this. Four years later i still <3 DC :3