TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

I literally found this sight googling something that has to do with my scroll's namesake, which shall remain a secret <.< Anyways, just saw a full grown dino and clicked it, curious. Since it cost nothing to get a membership, I signed up just for fun and picked up my first four that night. Of course I had no idea what I was picking up, so when they hatched I gave two of them instant names. Lucky me, both of them were girls, so they fit the name. Rosiline and Heart's Blood.

Found this site after seeing dragons in someone's sig on a different forum.

A friend kept asking me to click her eggs and I didn't think much about it, but after looking around a bit, I saw all the beautiful sprites so I created an account. Now the lineage projects keep it interesting for me. I also like how we get to contribute new ideas and give input on the site itself.

I'm a frequenter of a site called Goosemoose. There are a lot of crazy pet people there and we all get together and talk about our pets and be crazy together. That way we have an outlet and don't make the people around us nuts with our stories about "oh my god, look what my rat did today" or "See my cute new spider? Isn't it great?" Anyway, there was a thread there called "Random Question about Those Dragon Thingies" and I love dragons so I had to check it out.

This site is like crack. I'm not even kidding. That thread has almost 200 pages now and more of us are getting addicted every day. We talk about it in the forums, which gets other people addicted, and it just keeps snowballing. We've even had discussions about whether we should be playing this game due to the breeding and just "throwing away" of eggs we don't want. None of the pet people support backyard breeding (just sticking two animals together to create more animals) so sometimes this site is at odds with what we want to practice. Except it isn't real. Remembering that helps us to lay off the crazy-o's and try and reconnect with reality.

I joined because one of my Livejournal friends recommended it- now I don't really use LJ much anymore and really only play DC laugh.gif

What brought me here was mostly curiosity, after seeing click requests on various forums (especially NaNo this year).  I also wanted to check it out before my son joined, as he's been interested in such things for a while.

I'm quite new (having joined on 10/21/10), but the thing that keeps me here already is the discovery of lineage projects.  I have a good half-dozen personal projects planned out as it is, and now I've got the urge to start a TV Tropes lineage.    xd.png

blink.gif CountmeincountmeincountmeinCOUNTMEIN!

Uhh... I'll speak English now. Count me in! Or at least, I'm so going to ditto that! That would be so friggin' AWESOME! *looks through Tropes and dragons* Now, which of these little sweeties will become the newest tropers? *evil grin* Muahahahaha!

...I'm not crazy ninja.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

I found this site when someone asked me to click their eggs. I like the fact that you dont have to come on everyday.

Someone on a miniature horse forum posted the link to the site. One look and some of us were hooked. Now I plan breedings of dragons as well as horses. biggrin.gif

Ha! That was Me! Back on LB- (sunrunner stables is my name over there)

I found this place through another forum!

I found Dragon Cave from people posting their eggs on the Sporum (the Spore forum). Then after an unfortunate incident there I quit the Sporum and came here to satisfy my foruming needs. The Dragon Cave forum is 10000 times better. smile.gif

i found this on another forum site *coughgaiaonlinecough* where people posted their adoptables randomly...DC happened to be one. just kind of clicked on a few of their eggs and made an account myself...i'm not sure i got so addicted though...o_O

My friend posted her eggs in her profile on a freewebs site. Next thing I know, we're all talking about it everyday, then we get addicted. They all have moved on, but I'm still here, still addicted. biggrin.gif

I got curious about the DC thread on Tailfeathers, then saw some adults and just had to have my own because they were shockingly beautiful.

I used to only need that thread for views, but now I need fansites. :<

well, I found it on the Maximum Ride site in somebody's signature. Then I told every single person I know about it. yeah.

[shrug] Dragons are cool.

And there's some seriously excellent art on this site. The spriters keep out-doing themselves.

I found this website through another website b/c someone had posted their eggs in their profile.

I saw a bunch of dragons on GaiaOnline and was like 'oh cute i want one for my sig'.

So here I am.

Apparently the eggs I want are stupid-hard to get, though. =/

I found this from someone who had eggs in their signature. It was on GTS+ (GPX+ forums before the petsite existed). I just liked the pictures, and that was a looong time ago (before skywings, when TJ's scroll was open)