TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

A friend on a different forum one day asked us to click on her egg, because she wanted a dragon. Found out there were already a few from the forum here, and a few more of us got hooked as well!

I found it from the same forum Quinney did. TOTALLY un-dragon related ! Someone posted look how I waste my time and a load of us started scrolls that very day.

QUINNEY was way late in the game tongue.gif

I saw the dragons in signatures on another forum. I ignored them at first because I thought they were silly, but then I saw a purple hatchling and adult in someone's sig and instantly fell in love, and just had to have one. My original intention was to only get the purple so I could have it in my signature, but then I got two...then three...then four...and now I have over 400. *dies*

Same thing here. Except, I loved the white dragons. -shot- xd.png

I wasn't even interested at first, someone (Majick, to be more exact tongue.gif) was advertising this site on another forum and I joined after I saw a white dragon in someone's siggy and wanted to have one.

I think just because people like the dragons so much on dragon cave and want their eggs to hatch they post links to their scrolls in other places. Over time more and more people joined. I joined because of a friend.

I saw a dragon grow in someones sig and I was curious so I clicked it and here I am. I actually recruited about a dozen people including a guy you might know. AGYK.

I actually heard about the site on a MUSH (text-based real-time rpg). I heard that someone was giving away bred eggs. I asked about it, they told me the site, and I came here. It took me 2 days to make an account, but after I saw some of the sprites, I just had to have a scroll. Now I have left MUSHes and moved on, but I still play on Dragon Cave, just not as obsessed as I was.

From a sig on another site, I was like "OMG, so cute must have" and I got addicted and so I'm still here a year on

Because people are attracted to cute little bitmaps representing an imaginary reptile. biggrin.gif Soo cute! *huggles hellfire wyvern, then has head burned off*

EDIT: Also, my DSi was being a nasty monster and was broken, so out of my grief and mourning I joined. I didn't regret it.

Edited by chimerakid111

I found this on kupika, got four eggs, they all died, so I was full of raeg and joined the forum and got four more. =V

A single link can bring in a lot more people than you can think...

I used to be a RolePlayer on WebkinzInsider, and an old friend from there used to play here and told me to give it a look :3

Ever since that day, I've been hooked.

Lol, chain reaction. One person finds it, spreads it to their friends, the friend spreads it on... etc. etc. And they put it in signatures on other forums as well, spreading it even further.

And this site is just awesome like that.

A friend on a writing forum I belong to started a thread about DragonCave, a few years ago. She got about twelve of us addicted to the game. Over time most of them stopped playing, but a few are still active around here. I'm still 100% addicted to DC.

I found it through eggs in someone's sig on an anti-Twilight site.

Mostly got curious because the little dragon sprites in people's sigs were so cute. I love tiny cute things and dragons are always awesome. So I randomly decided I wanted some and signed up. I figured it would amuse me for a short while and I needed any distraction I could get from life.

That was...almost two years ago. xd.png

I'm laughing at all the people who found Dragon Cave on forum signatures, because it seems like 90% of the forums were animal forums laugh.gif As it so happens, I was on a dog forum and everyone had them, so I picked up a few "pretty eggs" (vampire, cb day glory, guardian, and flamingo) and I was hooked. It's been 4 months and I'm now 20 dragons away from 200 ninja.gif

On another 'Where did you find Dragon Cave?' thread (though it's been wiped and deleted I think), I'm sure that I said that I found it through a Pokemon fanforum called Route 360 and saw the pretty eggies in someone's signature, but I don't really know anymore. Last year, I started posting all of my RP characters (in Dragon Cave's RP section and in Route 360) in my deviantart. My Route 360 character entry says it's 2009...

I probably stumbled upon this site somewhere and decided to register out of curiosity.

Yeah I saw eggs in someone's signature on a comic forum and clicked on them. xd.png

And I'm still here!

I actually found it totally by accident seeing some pretty dragons on Livejournal that someone had included on their posting.. Followed that up and found DC. I became addicted and recently got my sister-in-law addicted (not sure if my brother is addicted yet but he's leaning that way).

Same thing here. Except, I loved the white dragons. -shot- xd.png

I wasn't even interested at first, someone (Majick, to be more exact tongue.gif) was advertising this site on another forum and I joined after I saw a white dragon in someone's siggy and wanted to have one.

White dragons brought me here, too! (In Fizzix's sig at SyFy)

The large variety in the dragons and the awesome people I've met keep me here.

I saw it on a bird-care forum. xd.png I was checking out topics for my budgie who was acting funny and I saw a purple egg. I clicked it, noticed the title, made an account, etc. Then I dropped dragon bombs on my friends so they would get addicted too. |D

I had Vicats tell me:Khay likes dragons? Khay sees Vicats scroll?

Khay replied: Squeee!

Vicats giggled: Khay makes scroll!

Of course, in a very more mature conversation. xd.png That was about 2 years ago now. =) Almost 2 and a half.

I saw an 'egg' posted by a member of another site I belong to...it just said"Please click to help me grow up!"..& when I clicked..... the message" get your own" was on the page..so I went to see what it was about...

The rest is pretty much "history"!!! rolleyes.gif

I not only got my OWN..I got everything that went with it(incubator(long time ago!),a scroll..and when I finally registerd I had to [post a "hello" on the forum...

and I was hooked on those eggs fassst!

*sigh...I was a noob forever,had to get a mentor,& made myself a promise to learn how to use the site myself,& when I knew alot.png,then I would make a big effort to try & "pass 8t Forward" by helping new comers..since I had been helped alot.png om everything.

Rockin' On

Edited by Rockin' On

I saw a couple eggs in someone's siggy on another totally unrelated site with a note to click on them to help them grow. I clicked on them and thought, "is that all there is?" Over the course of a few days as that person kept posting I got to watch the eggs hatch into cute baby dragons and then grown into beautiful dragons and I wanted to have some eggs and dragons of my very own. I was hooked by those very first eggs growing into mature dragons!