elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After three years, I finally summoned one!!

I could cry tears of utter joy right now. ;-;

Getting ready to summon again tomorrow! I've been collecting Trios with some dedication over the past few weeks and am now up to 7 of each breed (yeah, I know - not many, especially compared to the player back there who has 200, but hopefully it will be enough). How many Trios do those of you who have summoned successfully have?

*Crosses fingers for tomorrow and makes brownies just in case*

I had 2 of each for the first successful summon, and an extra Magnum for the second summon.

Don't remember which dragon I used, but both successful summons came between midnight and 12:30am Dragon Time cool.gif

I summoned every two weeks for almost three years before getting my first GoN in January. Then, of course, I got my second one in late March.

Edited by platedlizard

Another summon another failure. *grabsacockie*

But I breed myself a nice little Glitterball, so I'm content. Now it's just waiting for the next try and raise the new eggs meanwhile. Could have been worse. xd.png

My Magma should be growing up sometime today, so excited to try!

Success yesterday! 3rd try if I recall, used a magma, have two or more of everything except thunder.

It is good to know there are others who feel the same. ._.

Seriously, it's like there's some setting disabling us from actually summoning successfully. dry.gif

Maybe the chance of summoning success is inversely proportional to the number of metallics and shimmer-scales on your scroll....

**cough** shimmer-hoarder **cough** tongue.gif

Haha...I'm just jealous!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness! Can you tell I'm jumping up and down??

After 1 year of summoning with an Ice dragon (m), getting 1st GON on the 22nd try, 1 year of summoning with a Thunder (m) dragon and failing for the entire year, I summon for the first time with a Magma dragon (m) starting the third year of summoning and... I GET MY 2ND GON!!!

2/60 (first GON on try #22)

Now, I ought to run out and buy lottery tickets.

Ooh, brownies and sparklers for everybody!

After reading how much trouble people have summoning, I feel sort of guilty. I summoned my first and only GoN back when I was still very new - roughly 7 months after I joined. Since then I've had nothing but failure at summoning another, but I feel quite lucky now that I have one at all.

I don't even remember which one I used to summon her.

I wish you all the best of luck, particularly those of you who don't have at least 1 yet!

Another fail *roll eyes* Up to 80 something tries, I think? lost count.

Are we still getting SummonFail brownies?

I could really use a dozen or so...

Edit: just saw raindear's post - congrats!

Thanks for the brownies and yes, do buy lottery tickets, you're on a roll here! laugh.gif

Re-edit: I always thought it was '3rd try lucky', and here it was '3rd year lucky' all the time.

So sometime this year, I guess, for me and many others!

Edited by Syphoneira

i finally did it

my 1st egg

after 3 years of hell

i think it was longer than that but oh well

i finally did it

my 1st egg

after 3 years of hell

i think it was longer than that but oh well

o0o0o0o congrats!

Another summon, another fail tongue.gif

After a year from getting the first one, last night I got my second GoN.

Now I can stop checking my Trios constantly to see if they are ready for summoning.

Well, I recently made a post in the Congrats Thread. You can see where I am going with this if I'm making one here.

When I was finally read a different message than the one I've been receiving for the past three years, my jaw dropped to the floor. Yet, right now, I still feel very frustrated it took this long to get my first GoN, and more guilty for people that still can't get theirs yet. I mean, I feel your pain. It took me seventeen sets of trios, and even it wasn't successful the first two tries.

So, I am not terribly excited about my first egg, and who knows how long it's going to take until I get my second one, if I decide to try again.

I wish the best of luck for the rest of you.

I finally got my first a few days ago! I used a beautiful pb 2nd gen Ice that I just had a feeling was lucky. I even renamed him with a special title. lol I'd been trying for probably about 6 months.

Congratulations to all who have finally received their long-sought GoNs! biggrin.gif

As for my second one, it is one year, one month and two weeks of fail brownies now. Please pass the plate once again!

3rd Try Success w/ 1 magma 1 ice and 2 thunders But Then Accidentally Bit Thanks To My Computer Resizing Things

I just killed my second GoN to test to see if I can summon another one when the tombstone disappears. The wiki says I can, but there's still a lot of controversy. Science says I must kill tongue.gif

Here's a link to my post in the screenshot thread.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7224950

I'll report back  with the results when the tombstone is gone.

I hope you're joking - the rule has always been that you can only EVER summon 2 GoN, and I suspect that if any such suggestion HAS actually been made in the DC Wiki that killing your GoN will enable you to Summon extra, that it must have been another vandalism/trolling incident.

However, it seems more likely that this is your little joke.

Re-edit: does anybody know if TJ changed this when I wasn't looking?

Edited by Syphoneira

I hope you're joking - the rule has always been that you can only EVER summon 2 GoN, and I suspect that if any such suggestion HAS actually been made in the DC Wiki that killing your GoN will enable you to Summon extra, that it must have been another vandalism/trolling incident.

However, it seems more likely that this is your little joke.

Re-edit: does anybody know if TJ changed this when I wasn't looking?

There have been people who have accidentally neglected a GoN egg/hatchie to death, and have later been able to summon two GoNs. I know one personally. I want to see if I can do that for an adult though. Since GoNs are the most useless dragon on the site (don't have a BSA, can't breed them, etc) I decided to test it.

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful.

With Eira (female Ice), failed tongue.gif