Crisis

American Politics

Cnn just went through a run down of how things are looking in the polls for how the states will go for Trump or Biden and if things go the way they are currently looking Trump doesn't stand much of a chance and it's looking unlikely that he wins Florida. God i hope it plays out that way. They even think the democrats could flip the senate as well. Of course things could go the way they did with Clinton but they think it unlikely. Pray they get it right this time.

The vice presidential debate just made me sleepy.  *Yawn*

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

The vice presidential debate just made me sleepy.  *Yawn*

Well, it was certainly calmer than the presidential one -- or at least the volume was lower. Mike Pence still tried to talk over Kamala Harris and refused to respect his time limit. The moderator was not forceful enough with him, in my opinion. VP Pence stuck very close to President Trump's talking points and loyally defended him. But there was no shouting.

I for one am glad it wasn't as chaotic as Trump and Biden's debate. Pence was almost as disrespectful as Trump was of other people's time not that it's surprising. The rotten apple doesn't fall far from that tree. I missed the fly landing on Pence's head. 🧐  I was more listening than watching. I did like how Harris handled Pence's interrupting.

26 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The moderator was not forceful enough with him, in my opinion. 

You are right.  She wasn't.  

I missed the fly, too.  Lol.

Edited by Classycal

That's so funny.  My, oh, my, you are up early (or very late). 

@Classycal

Very late. But I just had to take a look at the debate, and seeing the fly, editing this screenshot was something I just couldn't resist :P

(If someone wants to use it, too, feel free to do so)

8 hours ago, Astreya said:

lord.png

Good one! XD I had opted to not stay up and online to watch but a friend sent me photos of the fly via WhatsApp.

Trump refuses to do the debate virtually even though he is still considered contagious.  He says that's not a real debate.  Now he says he's going to do a rally instead.  I'm sure he'll do that sans mask.  I've had enough of Trump.  I can't wait to see what kind of tantrum he takes when he loses the election.  

*sigh* I am so done with the Trump regime. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do.

Trump was apparently coughing by the end of that Fox interview where he promised to do a rally. Maybe in Florida. But there were folks in Florida that didn't want Mile Pence to come there because of his exposure to Covid, even though he has not tested positive (as far as we know). Do they want Trump who is still undoubtedly shedding the virus and ignoring all the CDC guidelines?

i've been done with the trump regime since january of 2017, this just keeps adding more to the pile ::smh::

On 10/7/2020 at 7:55 PM, trystan said:

i love Randy Rainbow - 

I just now watched this and I just gotta say I loved the William Howard Tafted bit...  (If you you don't get it look it up.  I'm not going to spell it out.) 

On 10/9/2020 at 3:22 PM, Classycal said:

I just now watched this and I just gotta say I loved the William Howard Tafted bit...  (If you you don't get it look it up.  I'm not going to spell it out.) 

I laughed at that.

Just mailed in my ballot. Got it Wednesday, sent it out today.

23 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Just mailed in my ballot. Got it Wednesday, sent it out today.

yaay!

i voted thursday.  i went to the gov't building with the drop box and requested a ballot.  i have one coming in the mail, but they voided that one, and i voted with the one they gave me, and dropped it in the box.  i'll still be getting one in the mail - maybe i should frame that one? XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

i'll still be getting one in the mail - maybe i should frame that one? XD 

Frame it if you win. Use it as a dart board if you don't.

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Frame it if you win. Use it as a dart board if you don't.

LOL, that's funny XD 

Trump is supposed to be holding a rally in my city on Monday. 😭😷☠️🤒🤧🥺

21 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

Trump is supposed to be holding a rally in my city on Monday. 😭😷☠️🤒🤧🥺

He is having his campaign set up quite a demanding schedule for him. I think so far he has campaign stops scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in scattered cities. That would be quite a heavy schedule even for someone who had not just been seriously ill with a deadly virus!

This is unfortunate: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/donald-trump-nbc-town-hall/index.html

It appears that NBC cares more about its ratings than about informing the American people. In setting up a competing event they have made it hard for undecided voters (if indeed there are any of those left at this point) to hear both candidates face questions in the town hall setting.

President Donald Trump will participate in a town hall with NBC News on Thursday night, setting up a competing television event with Joe Biden in lieu of a presidential debate in which voters would have seen both presidential candidates engage with each other and discuss issues head-to-head.

Biden is set to appear in an ABC town hall, and both events are scheduled for 8 p.m. ET. The two were originally scheduled to participate in a second debate, but the event was eventually canceled after Trump objected to the virtual format announced by the Commission on Presidential Debates in light of Trump's positive coronavirus diagnosis.

What else would one expect.... I'm a bit shocjked by NBC.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

This is unfortunate: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/donald-trump-nbc-town-hall/index.html

It appears that NBC cares more about its ratings than about informing the American people. In setting up a competing event they have made it hard for undecided voters (if indeed there are any of those left at this point) to hear both candidates face questions in the town hall setting.

Just to be contrary, I'll ask if ABC is doing the same thing by just showing Biden.  It is a shame that Trump wouldn't do a virtual debate.  I'll record one and watch one live.  

It's a moot point for me though because I voted for Biden today.  Being from Kentucky (as I've previously noted), I did vote for McConnell.  I know that's going to get a lot of boos.  The voting process was just the same as voting on election day.  Kentucky has a good system which is quite modern.