Crisis

American Politics

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That was painful.

completely agree.

it was entertaining though.  did you get bingo?

Just now, trystan said:

completely agree.

I didn't, though I came close.

Schoolyard behaviour, the whole talking over other people's talking, and even over the moderator.

I felt sorry for Chris Wallace trying to control things. Both candidates were shouting over each other, although Trump was much worse and had to be called out for it several times.

Trump looked tonight like he had been sucking lemons all day. I have never seen such a sour-looking face.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I didn't, though I came close.

Schoolyard behaviour, the whole talking over other people's talking, and even over the moderator.

lol, yep.  younger daughter played a tiktok that was a drinking game whenever the candidates did something.  i think if it was actual alcohol, there would be lots of alcohol poisoning after the first like 15 minutes XD 

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Trump looked tonight like he had been sucking lemons all day. I have never seen such a sour-looking face.

completely agree.  and he looked very orange. 

and i think the winner of the debate was Chris Wallace XD 

Edited by trystan

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I agree, but at the same time if Biden didn't try to talk through Trump's ranting he never would have gotten heard at all. Even the moderator was mocking Trump's inability to let Biden talk.

Also given Trump's inability to let anyone talk I'm surprised they didn't cut his mic. So someone could get a word in.

I think overall Biden played it cool to all of Trump's shenanigans.

Edited by AngelsSin

Trump tried his best to bait Biden into losing it, but all he did was make himself look like a fool.

I legitimately want to throw up after watching that. Not sure if it's the aged grape juice I used to get through it or the fact that Trump refused to condemn white supremacists or the constant yelling or

E: I feel bad for Chris Wallace. He deserves a gosh darn steak dinner with all the aged grape juice the world has to offer

Edited by wonton55912

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

completely agree.

I did! I did! I got "China Virus", "super-predators", "Clinton", "Obama", and "antifa"! Where's my prize???

Seriously, though, this is what this country has become. Two septuagenarians fighting for the right to be president of this rapidly-sliding-into-fascism country. At least more people are realizing that "American exceptionalism" is a sham and just code for "I can do whatever I want, forget anyone else". There are two more of these trainwrecks and then we're done. 

I'm going to take a bubble bath, burn some candles, and meditate. It's been a long night.

What an utter train wreck of a "debate". Mr.Trump was an utterly disgusting bully. Pity that the host wasn't able to cut his mike while he was talking out of line.

42 minutes ago, Astreya said:

What an utter train wreck of a "debate". Mr.Trump was an utterly disgusting bully. Pity that the host wasn't able to cut his mike while he was talking out of line.

Exactly what I was thinking while it was going on. He obviously has no more intention of following the debate rules than he does of following any other rules.

Edited by purplehaze
typo

6 hours ago, Astreya said:

Agreed. I've been remarking this "cut the mic" thing more than once during the discussion. Back to watching a recording...

Since not all are of good quality, here's a link to a decent one: 

one comment i've seen recurring on facebook and twitter is that Chris Wallace should have been able to cut trump's mic.

the interesting debate will be Pence and Harris.  and i'm sure the other trump and Biden debates will be just as chaotic as well.  trump is a bully, and Biden had to stand up to that.

i can has Biden for Prez now and get this over with already?

17 minutes ago, Classycal said:

The whole thing was just bizarre!

yes... yes it was. 

saw a comment somewhere (facebook or twitter, don't remember which - that it was like watching two kids who got called down to the principal's office.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

one comment i've seen recurring on facebook and twitter is that Chris Wallace should have been able to cut trump's mic.

I'm convinced that, had his mic been cut, Trump would have shown us a temper tantrum worthy of a PotUS. :D 

Even if his mike was cut, he was yelling so loud that Chris Wallace's mike or Biden's mike would have picked him up.   

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Even if his mike was cut, he was yelling so loud that Chris Wallace's mike or Biden's mike would have picked him up.   

Which only would have made him look even more foolish. Terms like 'temper tantrum' and 'terrible twos' come to mind. ;) 

5 hours ago, trystan said:

yes... yes it was. 

saw a comment somewhere (facebook or twitter, don't remember which - that it was like watching two kids who got called down to the principal's office.

You mean these two?

IMG-20200930-WA0003.thumb.jpg.99baebe677e87ff0430238ceaa930831.jpg

2 hours ago, olympe said:

Trump would have shown us a temper tantrum worthy of a PotUS

you mean a POS.  or IMPOTUS XD 

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You mean these two?

not that one, but that one's funny XD 

Just now, trystan said:

you mean a POS.  or IMPOTUS XD 

Take your pick, I'll gladly take credit for either one. Even for a POS IMPOTUS high on POTS.

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Even for a POS IMPOTUS high on POTS.

maybe adderall? XD 

19 hours ago, Classycal said:

That was my take on it, too. You would need a sound-proof booth for him!

And apparently he was "surprised" at criticism from his advisors about his "performance". He thought he did a great job. But doesn't he always? He's done a great job on coronavirus, too!