TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Thanks spriters and TJ for these lovely dragons. I usually freeze s1 and s2 hatchies and although I really love the hatchies, I'm thinking of letting all of mine grow to adults so that I can hopefully breeding lots of eggs next Halloween.

Hauntingly morbid and wicked- exactly what DC needed.

The exoskeleton idea is interesting to say the least, and of course the vulture-istic behaviors in the description are great :D Love the rustic red on their throats and wings.

The whole skeleton-pushing-out thing makes me think these guys are more undead than alive too. I bet they'll be able to breed though :o

No silly =P

The topic was removed because they were complete.

Even if I like the male more, they are both awesome .... thanks for your hard work Seiss smile.gif ^^ !

The female reminds me a bit of a crow .... she's cute ^~^ .

ohmy.gif These are sooo epicly awesome! biggrin.gif

Definitely one of my favourite breeds biggrin.gif *Begs that they can breed with commons*

i wish this was the limit to only two eggs per person like the pumpkins last year.

i never got one of these even trying to snatch one for the full time they were out. sad.gif

i hate lasting lag. dry.gif

ohmy.gif These are sooo epicly awesome! biggrin.gif

Definitely one of my favourite breeds biggrin.gif *Begs that they can breed with commons*

I hope I can use them for my white X Holiday staircase lineage <3

i wish this was the limit to only two eggs per person like the pumpkins last year.

i never got one of these even trying to snatch one for the full time they were out. sad.gif

The pumpkins were unlimited too, actually

Yep, they were unlimited .... I thought they were limited, like the Vamps a year before too (so I only have one CB male adult and a frozen CB male), but they weren't =/ .

Pumpkins were unlimited but there was much less lag...

*sigh*

I refreshed on the male's page first, and was absolutely stunned with how awesome he looked. Those cool horns, the dynamic pose, the big bones sticking out of his back, the red on the end of his wings. I loved him!

Then I refreshed the female's page, and man was I disappointed. Compared to the male, the female is downright boring. Her pose isn't dynamic (she's just sitting there), her horns are puny, there's not many bones poking out of her back, her wings lack the cool red edges. Why, spriters? I understand that it's fun to create two different sprites, but why do the males need to be noticeably more awesome than the females? Why not create two equally awesome, equally dynamic sprites that are just *different*? If this were an isolated incident, I wouldn't mind so much but we keep seeing this over and over again on DC. The male sprites are usually better and that disappoints me soooo much.

Please artists, in the future if you're not going to make the females just as awesome as the males, then don't do dimorphism! I'm grateful for all your hard work, but this is so important to me! Please! There's no reason why dragons have to be like birds in terms of male/female appearance!

...Anyway, I've named three of mine. Bonehead, Marroween, and Skeletober.

Duly noted and tucked away for next time. However, the pose wasn't what we were after in the female. It was her throat. Exposure of the throat is deemed to be a smexy act. LOL.

No silly =P

The topic was removed because they were complete.

really?

I'm positive I lurked that topic for ages, and shading was never started.... and I was sad because I loved the lines

I am confused now

also love both poses, these were and still are some of my favorites

Edited by Layn

Pumpkins were unlimited but there was much less lag...

And much less users, or ^^ ?

Wasn't paying attention to the user counter back then .

Duly noted and tucked away for next time. However, the pose wasn't what we were after in the female. It was her throat. Exposure of the throat is deemed to be a smexy act. LOL.

Personally, I love your guys' female. :3 I can really see the detail of that throat, too, very nice. I even like the pose. Heck, the males tend to be more "showy" in nature anyway....personally i think they're both great in this case.

Besides, too many "epic" poses and then none of the poses look awesome anymore.

And much less users, or ^^ ?

Wasn't paying attention to the user counter back then .

Not sure about user count.

I really love this release though smile.gif

Yep, they were unlimited .... I thought they were limited, like the Vamps a year before too (so I only have one CB male adult and a frozen CB male), but they weren't =/ .

Vampires were never limited, either.

I only had two CB because that's all I could catch, but some people had as many as five or six (from trading / lucky snags on the AP).

EDIT: As an added note, I'll confess the hatchling is my favorite sprite. xd.png

They'll all awesome, but something about the hatchling screams "adorable" and "creepy" all at the same time. wub.gif

Edited by SolarCat

really?

I'm positive I lurked that topic for ages, and shading was never started.... and I was sad because I loved the lines

I am confused now

also love both poses, these were and still are some of my favorites

We were bein ninjas ninja.gif

We were bein ninjas ninja.gif

well your ninjaness made me sad when one of my favorite topics vanished : P

last year? i remember getting the message that said that i had my limit on them.

either way it probably don't matter.

hopefully i will be able to catch a Halloween dragon next year when they become unpopular. sould be easyer smile.gif