TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I made this really quick. Once I saw the adults I knew I had to make something. xd.png

If anyone wishes to ues it, feel free:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i55.tinypic.com/av1jq1.jpg]

I'm grateful to the spriters fro giving us such an awe-inspiring pair of dragons this Halloween. They were well worth the wait.

Actually I like the sitting pose of the females, and just because you don´t like them as much as the males you could be a bit more polite about this.

I think the artists did an awesome job!

YES! THIS^^^^^!!

As an artist myself, I get really tired of hearing people bash the images created simply because that image doesn't fit their own specifications in some weird way. These artists worked HARD on these images and to have someone just blow them off so casually is just not right.

The Halloweenies of 2010 are really gorgeous, many many thanks to all involved!!! GOOD WORK guys!

Those adults are awesome ohmy.gif

I'm too lazy to view all sites of this thread, but I have a question:

why zombies are invisible? (I have just 2 tombs of adult zombies [got them this year]. The last year hatchling zombie has gone)

Edited by Jaszczomp

Oh my freaking God, are those adults ever wicked! O__O I am in love, totally and completely! They are better than my wildest dreams, one of my all time favorite dragons so far! They are just too cool! biggrin.gif Thanks TJ, and especially the artist who created them! Love, love love!! <3

I love the male and female both and can't choose a favorite of the two. I have influenced one egg male and one female and the others I'll just let them gender with out influence because I can't pick a favorite.

The adults are so epic... I WANNA TAKE EM' HOMEEEE~ But I already have an S1 hatchie so I already technacally took one home.

YES! THIS^^^^^!!

As an artist myself, I get really tired of hearing people bash the images created simply because that image doesn't fit their own specifications in some weird way. These artists worked HARD on these images and to have someone just blow them off so casually is just not right.

The Halloweenies of 2010 are really gorgeous, many many thanks to all involved!!! GOOD WORK guys!

Indeed, I think it´s okay to say "I don´t like XY because..." but you can say so politely and it´s always a matter of taste that one smile.gif

I´m not an artist but a writer and I know that there is a difference between

"I don´t like this, you suck" and " I don´t like how you wrote this, I would have done it differently"

But I think all the artists deserve a huge thanks because they invested the time to make those lovely dragons for us!

Someone, anyone, please tell me that they can be bred all year...

I made this really quick. Once I saw the adults I knew I had to make something. xd.png

If anyone wishes to ues it, feel free:

This is a beautiful banner.

Thank you for sharing it.

I don't think anyone is bashing anybody's art, fellows =P Criticism is a necessity and helpful for artists.

I almost like the female more than the male simply because of her gorgeous throat and wing coloration. But then I go back and look at the menace in the male's pose and his bloodied wing-tips and eye sockets... and I realize I enjoy them both and can't pick a favorite! =)

these are awesome new dragons!

i just read the description, though... shouldn't the hatchlings need excessive amounts of calcium, not protein?

Simply awe-inspiring. I'm in love. wub.gif I think I shall try for a purebred line come next Halloween -- it'll be epic. Though The female would look lovely with the male ember, and the...

*wanders off to plan lineages*

(Thanks, spriters, they look incredible!)

Indeed, I think it´s okay to say "I don´t like XY because..." but you can say so politely and it´s always a matter of taste that one smile.gif

I´m not an artist but a writer and I know that there is a difference between

"I don´t like this, you suck" and " I don´t like how you wrote this, I would have done it differently"

But I think all the artists deserve a huge thanks because they invested the time to make those lovely dragons for us!

Yes this. Thank you for those who defend, but hearing voices from the other end is helping us as well (me at least). I didn't know how to explain to you, but yes, Nalyua has it. As long as there are no insults, crits are welcome. The other person has stated her point politely enough. It's all good :]

Can you tell me what exactly you consider to be its disadvantage? "Boring" or "dinamic" are just an opinion terms, they have nothing to do with the quality.

In terms of the quality of the art, both the male and the female (and the hatchlings, too) are absolutely top-notch. Perfect anatomy, perfect shading, excellent color choices, etc. So, I have no issues with the workmanship of the sprites, because in that respect they are absolutely flawless.

What I take issue with is certain choices made in differentiating the female from the male. And I've pretty much already stated those, but to reiterate:

-Male is in an active, dynamic pose. From the positioning of his legs (sorta reared up), he appears to be engaged in movement. The female's pose is much more static, less active, less dynamic, by comparison. She is in a sitting pose, rather than a "moving" pose. The male's wings are also flared out, whereas the female's are held closer to her body.

-Male has very large, impressive, cool-looking horns. Female has tiny horns.

-Male has really cool-looking red edges to his wings. Female doesn't have those at all.

-Male's spine armor is larger and much more visible protruding out of his back, whereas female's seems smaller and is less visible.

Someone else in this thread described these dragons as the male being awesome, and the female being cute. I would agree with that assessment, but I would also say that the male = badass and the female = demure. Problem is, personally I am just so tired of seeing that same dichotomy over and over again on DC. With a handful of exceptions, whenever there is dimorphism the male is usually awesome/badass and the female is cute/demure. I just don't see why it has to be this way. I realize it is like that in nature sometimes, but that certainly isn't the case with all/most species, and it doesn't mean it has to be that way on DC. Why can't both sexes be equally awesome/badass? I can understand the value of having the dragons in two different poses because you can see more of the dragon, but couldn't both poses be equally dynamic? Or, if one of them must be cute/demure, why does it have to be the female the vast majority of the time? Couldn't it be the male about half the time? I have gotten to the point where I am elated when new releases don't have dimorphism, because it means I won't have to be disappointed with how the female looks compared to the male.

Edited by Renorei

these are awesome new dragons!

i just read the description, though... shouldn't the hatchlings need excessive amounts of calcium, not protein?

Will bug TJ to edit xd.png

Thanks for spotting.

Someone, anyone, please tell me that they can be bred all year...

I think thay can breed, but will produce marrows only during the Halloween.

We will have to wait till ours grow to see if they breed.

@seiss I know, I have to deal with a lot of crit as well. But you are right no crit won´t help you learn smile.gif

Edited by Nalyua

Seiss and Dovealove, I hope I'm not being hurtful or uncouth by expressing my feelings about this. I apologize if I have, maybe I should have just kept my big mouth shut.

It's just that, with (almost) every passing release on DC, I become more and more frustrated with how artists are choosing to exhibit dimorphism in dragons. I just have to cry out sometimes...

Edited by Renorei

These dragons are epic! I can not say enough good things about them! Artists did an OUTSTANDING job on the artwork and it is really appreciated! Thank you very much!

Whatever you might think of me, please know that I am so thankful that you thought enough of DC to devote your time and energy to create these dragons for us.

In terms of the quality of the art, both the male and the female (and the hatchlings, too) are absolutely top-notch. Perfect anatomy, perfect shading, excellent color choices, etc. So, I have no issues with the workmanship of the sprites, because in that respect they are absolutely flawless.

What I take issue with is certain choices made in differentiating the female from the male. And I've pretty much already stated those, but to reiterate:

-Male is in an active, dynamic pose. From the positioning of his legs (sorta reared up), he appears to be engaged in movement. The female's pose is much more static, less active, less dynamic, by comparison. She is in a sitting pose, rather than a "moving" pose. The male's wings are also flared out, whereas the female's are held closer to her body.

-Male has very large, impressive, cool-looking horns. Female has tiny horns.

-Male has really cool-looking red edges to his wings. Female doesn't have those at all.

-Male's spine armor is larger and much more visible protruding out of his back, whereas female's seems smaller and is less visible.

Someone else in this thread described these dragons as the male being awesome, and the female being cute. I would agree with that assessment, but I would also say that the male = badass and the female = demure. Problem is, personally I am just so tired of seeing that same dichotomy over and over again on DC. With a handful of exceptions, whenever there is dimorphism the male is usually awesome/badass and the female is cute/demure. I just don't see why it has to be this way. I realize it is like that in nature sometimes, but that certainly isn't the case with all/most species, and it doesn't mean it has to be that way on DC. Why can't both sexes be equally awesome/badass? I can understand the value of having the dragons in two different poses because you can see more of the dragon, but couldn't both poses be equally dynamic? Or, if one of them must be cute/demure, why does it have to be the female the vast majority of the time? Couldn't it be the male about half the time? I have gotten to the point where I am elated when new releases don't have dimorphism, because it means I won't have to be disappointed with how the female looks compared to the male.

actually the males being more colourful is something you can see very often with animals.

Just take peacocks for example: user posted image

I'm awfully disappointed in coming in here to hear people bi*%# about the new dragons. They are simply marvelous and I wish I hadn't been half way egged locked so that I could have grabbed more than two if at all possible since this year was so bad from lag. So I just have to hope and pray that I get extremely lucky and hatch a male and female.

actually the males being more colourful is something you can see very often with animals.

Yes, I know...

I realize it is like that in nature sometimes, but that certainly isn't the case with all/most species, and it doesn't mean it has to be that way on DC.