TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I love these adults so much, that I put GHST as my pic :-p. I prefer the males over the females, but both are epic.

Reposting this one more time, in case anyone else is interested:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i55.tinypic.com/av1jq1.jpg]

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

Completely awesome-sauced with the new dragons! Appreciate the first time in holidays of dimorphism <3 (Vampires are just different colored)

I wish i could get even more.

I´m not exactly sure really. But I like the way they look awesome but creepy smile.gif

Just think they're their bones, because of the description ''Their skull and the top edges of their spine push out from under the skin as they age.'' ... if I'm getting anything wrong, please correct me guys =) !

I think they are both awesome, and HUGE thanks to the spriters. I don't see the female as less "flashy" than the male (BTW I am a LADY person myself !)

I LOVE dimorphism here, and would hate to see any more dragons with the same pix for both genders. If someone doesn't like the way the sprites appear - they can always make their own dragon - or talk a spriter through what they want, surely ? That's not to diss those making suggestions, which are valid enough for those making them - but - well, I hope I'm clear !

MANY congratulations, seiss and Dovealove. And the description is fantastic. It will be hard to find names to do it justice.

Now to hope my pinks did their thing and that I have two pairs smile.gif

Oh, and the majority of deer get grouped in with the lions at having the male showier then the female. wink.gif

/off topicness

True, but I wasn't talking about all mammals, just the ones that most DC dragons' anatomical structure seems based on. We don't see to have many deerlike dragons, but we've got a lot of dragons that look feline, canine, or equine in terms of general anatomical structure. Even the Yulebuck, who resembles a deer somewhat, seems to have the anatomical structure of a different creature.

user posted image

Well done!

@Shichibi: yes you are right I thought it was something different. Been reading hard stuff all day xd.png

I am ! Thanks biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well done!

@Shichibi: yes you are right I thought it was something different. Been reading hard stuff all day xd.png

No prob =3 ... have to read the descriptions more than once, myself too ^^ ~pokes at their bones~ whoot, awesome >=3 .

Omigosh! They hatched biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif These are easily one of my favorite dragons now laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

^(^u^)^

user posted image

Thanks, ThatDeadGirl! I've added it to my siggie. This has been one epic Halloween at Dragon Cave!

Also, I think people are forgetting mammals. Yes, in nature you often see colorful, prettier males with reptiles and birds. But most DC dragons are designed with primarily mammalian anatomy. Yes, they have wings and they have leathery skin and somewhat reptilian faces, but the core anatomical structure is mammalian. Most DC dragons have anatomy that seems to be based on canines, felines, equines, etc. And amongst animals like that, animals with anatomical structures similar to our dragons, the only ones you see where the male is "prettier" would be lions, with their manes. With the other animals there is very little dimorphism, except for perhaps an imperceptible size difference.

The same goes for a large amount of mammals as well. There are even mammals with brightly colored much larger males, and smaller duller females.

Though I would love more dynamic female sprites, I really like the marrows as is.

SO AWESOME!!! xd.png The sprite, the description, everything.

My heart goes out to the spriters for their fanastic job. I'm so happy I've got these on my scroll.

Thanks, ThatDeadGirl! I've added it to my siggie. This has been one epic Halloween at Dragon Cave!

You're welcome.

It has indeed been an epic holiday. So amazing.

user posted image

Love this! biggrin.gif

OH MY WOW. I *LOVE* THE ADULTS!

My first Halloween egg just hatched and the other two eggs have large holes! I will have one male and one female and one I-don't-know-yet if the influencing worked.

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Also I love that Halloween banner.

*Sees the adults* They're gorgeous!

I'm gonna try to AP hunt for some more when the current brood grows up, I absolutely want as many as possible xd.png

user posted image

Very nice banner. smile.gif

Small critique on the sprites, is it just me or does the back wing on the female look a bit more "cartoony" with the shading than the rest? It's just that the shading is in straight lines, which you rarely find in real life, and is found nowhere else on the sprite.

I do love all the sprites, this is just something that I noticed and I'm not sure if it's just me that sees that?

The female also seems to have sharper black lines in some places (like the tail, or the ribs on her shoulders) while faded in others (like the back leading into the tail), making her look not-quite-done.

I'll confess I'm with the growing group who likes the female pose better than the male's. I love the male's coloring, but the female seems more "playful" - not in a harmless way, exactly, more like the way a cat plays with its food. The male looks a bit more "no-nonsense" and looking at the description, I could see him eating carrion as it comes while the female has to decompose it "just right".

...kind of a creepy way to describe things, but I'm not sure how else to get my point across. :-P

Appreciate the first time in holidays of dimorphism <3 (Vampires are just different colored)

But the male one does have spikes on his back... wink.gif

Did anyone notice that the (unshaded) female Black Marrow is still on the progress list? When I saw the adults, I knew I've seen them before and went to check it... ^^

They are better than I thought! I thought they would look a lot like a vulture, at least I guessed that they have a vulture behaviour. I like the fact that Marrow is a synonymous of Pumpkin (this is what my vocabulary says, I hope to not be mistaken).

They are better than I thought! I thought they would look a lot like a vulture, at least I guessed that they have a vulture behaviour. I like the fact that Marrow is a synonymous of Pumpkin (this is what my vocabulary says, I hope to not be mistaken).

No I think you are right.

I look at the Dimorphism in a way that pertains to many animals, not just birds. Male animals often have to fight and compete with other males in order to win a chance to mate with a female. So I see the fact that the male has larger horns as a way to try and intimidate other males, and perhaps show off to females. As for the poses, to me it looks like the male is simply walking, and the female is sitting, so I think they're both fairly relaxed poses.

In any case, I love the sprites, and am very happy I managed to grab four eggs c: I can only hope I will get two of each gender, if my influences hold true.

*Sees the adults* They're gorgeous!

I'm gonna try to AP hunt for some more when the current brood grows up, I absolutely want as many as possible xd.png

I can't see there will be any - they should all have grown up by the time anyone has space for more ?