chickenhound

Minecraft!

Or, if you don't want spiders, build a one-block thick mobavator. But I highly recommend spiders. You can make lots of dispensers. And wool.

But a 1x1 mobavator just means spiders will stay at the bottom, taking up mob slots. A better solution is to use a 6x6 spawning pad and placing half slabs on them, like so:

[f][f][f][f][f][f]

[f][ ][f][f][ ][f]

[f][f][f][f][f][f]

[f][f][f][f][f][f]

[f][ ][f][f][ ][f]

[f][f][f][f][f][f]

[f] = floor, [ ] = slab

Spiders require a 3x3 clear space of floor to spawn, so placing the half slabs there will prevent spider spawns altogether.

Lots of things have happened since I last posted, so Imma give you the basic rundown.

-Found Lapis Lazuli.

-Found Diamond.

-Found the mother lode of Redstone.

-Found gold aplenty.

-Got lost several times.

-Died in lava.

-Found a Spider spawner.

-Got two friends addicted.

Aaaaand that's it.

Say someone wanted to make a mobovator that included spiders... would they just make the shaft a 2x2? Or would a 1x1 work for them too?

No, if you need a mobavator that can transport spiders, the you have to use a 2x2 shaft., because spiders are 2x2x1.

that's what I was thinking but thanks for the conformation smile.gif

So, what are everyone's favorite mods and texture packs? c: I'm currently looking for a nice texture pack to use.. I'm looking on the Minecraft forums, and there are SO MANY. It's hard to choose.

My personal favourite is Painterly. :3

I have yet to install mods, but when I do, I'll pretty much only use the Aether mod.

Edited by Lythiaren

I love Painterly pack as well, but I lately use Johnsmith. So pretty. <3

I don't use mods anymore... I used to use Mo' and the Spawner GUI.

I'm using a custom edited texture pack (made the glass outlined, painted a C in clay, painted a LOL in the pistons bottom side, colored the breaking animation so it goes from red to green when it's about to break). But I'm looking for the Faithful Pack. Of course I'm gonna alter it too. LOL

I have TMI, SPC and Reinforced Gold. But I only use the Gold one in my world. TMI and SPC are for creations or for big projects (like my 7-segment display based on buttons).

Also, I'm the "maker" of the Reinforced Gold Mod (I continued it). But it's buggy. I want the tools to be as fast as gold and as durable as diamond, but it can only mine the blocks that gold can mine, so... And I still haven't added armor for it. And I plan on doing faster powered rails! xd.png

Edited by caramba2654

Only mod I use is the HD texture pack one (Modloader?). Something like that anyway, it allows you to use HD textures (as well as allowing you to use other mods). As for the texture pack, the one I use is called AssassinCraft.

I'm not really a fan of mods, mainly because I can't seem to get them to work /tried using the Peaceful Pack and failed. Regardless, some look fun to use (Aether and Clay Soldiers to name a few). xd.png

My favorite mod (or pack, rather) is the Yogsbox. REALLY great mods in there, makes the SSP game a lot more fun. Only thing I would change is adding the aether mod to it, but the creator of the aether mod doesn't want it added and the people making the pack don't want to have to worry about compatibility, so it's understandable. Better than wolves is a great mod too, the mechanic stuff is a lot of fun, like making a device that will automatically filter flint and sand from gravel, or something that will saw logs for you.

the problem with the yogbox with me is that the better health mod makes me have only five hearts when I enter multiplayer sad.gif

I use the clay soldiers mod, and TooManyItems but I don't remember what other mods i use >.<

the problem with the yogbox with me is that the better health mod makes me have only five hearts when I enter multiplayer sad.gif

I use the clay soldiers mod, and TooManyItems but I don't remember what other mods i use >.<

You can change that in the settings, you know.

Recently decided to actually MINE for once in Minecraft(xd.png), and in one cave, I managed to find EIGHTEEN Diamond. I have never found Diamond before, then again, I rarely mine. At least nothing tried to come out and blow up/destroy me.

Can anyone else connect to Minecraft? I keep pressing Login but I can't connect to minecraft.net. Though the website is working fine.

Built a working toilet. Now I'm gonna build a sewage treatment plant lol.

Wouldnt it be scary to just be sitting in your house crafting stuff, then all of a sudden the block infront of you gets removed and you see an Enderman? o.o

Okay, I found away to get to the nether without diamonds (though the first time I tried I spent the whole demo trying to find why it wasn't working, just to find out at the end that it was to tall.

Anyway, while I was looking for iron, I stumbled upon a huge cave. In the cave was a three or four block long stream of lava and a pool of lava. When I went up with some iron and came back down with a bucket or two, all the lava was gone. I know because I placed a dirtblock over the stream, and when I came back there was no lava.

Has any else had this problem with the demo?

Flowing liquids disappear if you block off the stream. The only thing you can pick up with a bucket is the source block from which they flow. And if you accidentally place a block in the same space as the source block, you've destroyed the aforementioned source block.

Edited by Lythiaren