chickenhound

Minecraft!

if anyone wants to give instructions on how to download Single Player Commands for a mac by PM? I tried everything the forum thread for it said and it won't work... though I did everything right sad.gif

Thanks.

I'm also trying to make a waterslide xd.png it isn't going too well though...

I've got another good seed~

Organization XIII

Yes, have the space there~

Oh, and, I'm making an Organization XIII/MC book.

So far, Vexen, Marluxia and Demyx are in it.

user posted image

Meet the Endermen. We're doomed.

Doesn't look that scary.

Read the description of it on Notch's blog, not crepped out by it.

Might download the Aether mod tomorrow biggrin.gif

I'm not terribly creeped out about the endermen either, even knowing how they'll behave. I think they'll just be a nuisance once you get the hang of fighting them, assuming they don't just arbitrarily maul your face off through iron armor. I mean they go hostile if the reticule goes over them, right? Even if you happened to just pass over one that you didn't see until it was too late? Hopefully Notch puts a timer on that so you don't get eviscerated for looking around the landscape.

I do think the idea behind the Endermen's attack patterns is really neat, and maybe a little eerie when you think about it x3. They remind me a bit of the Weeping Angels. (Don't turn your back, don't look away~)

I still think they're adorable, though. Someone should make an Enderman plushie. I'd buy that.

So.... who else is going to try to get into a staring contest with an Enderman as soon as 1.8 comes out? :D /shot

Edited by Switch

Mee.

Me: *stare*

E: *stare*

*A year later*

Both: *starestare*

Also, I just saw a Slime for the first time ingame. It was so cute.

I didn't want to kill it, but there was diamond and redstone and lapis nearby it, so I punched it a few times hoping it would split into a smaller, baby slime.

I ended up killing it. D':

I did get the ores, though. And a heck of a lot of mushrooms. Has anyone else had it where the Mushroom-growing thing generates a RIDICULOUS amount of mushrooms in a cave over time? It's always neat.

Edit: And a zombie pushed me into a pit and killed me. ;_; I had 8 or so pieces of gold and probably more than 5 pieces of diamond.

Whhhhyyyyy.

Edited by Switch

I had a diamond pickaxe.

Then I poured lava on myself accidentally.

xd.png Endermen.

I always wondered when Minecraft was going to make something that would actually scare me... I wanna see this thing! xd.png

though, how would I kill it... *starts smacking stuff with her diamond sword*

the blocks they move around... do they move stuff you put up too? Like your house?

the blocks they move around... do they move stuff you put up too? Like your house?

I honestly think that would be hilarious. Some Endermen just casually stroll up to your house/castle and start taking blocks out of it for seemingly no reason, then you catch them and they just freeze up and stare at you like "Ohai. No sir, I was definitely not taking apart your castle that you spent days to complete (I will murder you as soon as you look away)."

It makes me wonder if they'd be able to move around bedrock... It'd prolly be a glitch if they could.

And with the recent preview of giant mushrooms, Wilkd, they may very well...

Edited by Switch

Iunno. He said they pick up blocks. I'm wondering if it's just blocks that have been destroyed?

Endermen will ruin all the terraforming. All of it.

: ( I like terraforming. it's my favorite part of minecraft

All because of Endermen.. I will never change the difficulty from peaceful. EVER.

SCREW THOSE ENDERMEN. THEY AIN'T GETTING ME. D:<

I seriously do not want to have Endermen...Maybe they'll have their own difficulty setting? /wishful thinking

I do have to wonder if they spawn in light though. And what they drop. And if they can be drowned.

This is in no way related to the fact that I have a mob trap, I swear. >>

Edited by Lythiaren

I'll keep it on peaceful so my house doesn't get ruined.... but I will change it from time to time for fun (like usual) and I want to attack one so bad now xd.png

I haz a few mob traps....

I found a skeleton spawner in my base... by my lava storage... I blocked that off with a door xd.png

then I found a zombie one that's blocked off with dirt...

I found a spider one in one of the caves I explored (I think it might have been the giant cave I get lost in) and haven't gone back since... got lost. Those spiders were annoying!! annndd... I found tons of lava but have yet to completely get rid of a pit (I'm curious to see how deep it is and how far it'll go... some of 'em go under 'walls' that are around and keep going for miles...)

though through all that, I did find a spawner a few blocks down on a beach. I never went to that section of beach again xd.png and I found another nearby that I exploded the ground to get to (without knowing) on some dirt by a waterfall... that hole was really deep..... and I can't get to the spawner now but you can see it from the top (fail I know)

I'm uploading my epic world!

It has a cobblestone generator, a sand generator, a flower and seed generator, a mob system, and some farms. And cake! biggrin.gif

Done! http://www.mediafire.com/?f79rv2zqgv0ks07

Also, if you wander off a little bit, you should find a flat area surrounded with torches. That's where the slimes spawn. But they only do underground. And I forgot to put the water breaks. So it might get a little bit impossible to get down there.

Edited by caramba2654

My "water slide" is not going well at all xd.png I abandoned it and went into the giant cave I get lost in... I found more lava. So, being bored, I jumped in the lava. I died (obviously) and soon went back into the cave again after finding it. I found the lava pit and a spider. I pushed the spider in the lava and a zombie pushed me... the zombie got pushed in by a skeleton and that skeleton shot us all before we burned to death xd.png

Gonna build a mob elevator. Any tips?

I swear by the alternating sign method. It's not resource efficient (SO MUCH WOOD), but it's perfect for moving mobs unharmed unless you're talking about chickens (which require solid source blocks and can't be moved up long distances without zigzagging) and slimes (which require ramps as they don't swim). Solid source blocks can be made too deep and thus cause premature damage to test subjects mobs, and it can be a hassle to fix depending how far you're moving them. Also, alternating signs ensures that you can't accidentally miss a block somewhere and mess up the elevator.

[-]

[-] Arbitrary layer

[-]

[-] Layers above and below the aforementioned arbitrary layer

= source block, [-] = sign

Tall mobs will always dip their heads into the next water block above before their feet clear the previous one. Spiders, due to their size, will always have some portion of their bodies inside a source block. For both, they will constantly be in contact with a water source block and therefore attempt to swim up. The air pockets created by the signs prevent drowning.

An alternative if you don't want to make a ton of signs is to go with solid source and put two layers of alternating signs every 10-15 layers or so to give the mobs a quick breath.