chickenhound

Minecraft!

It is, but not to the extent where you need to be almost 4 chunks away from the chunk. xd.png

Actually it's because sea level is at the layer 64. So there's a slight offset to compensate elevations in the world. Also it the distance from the block, not the chunk. So you can be 60 blocks above the block that will spawn the slime and still be in the same chunk.

lol

Edited by caramba2654

Naw, I was referring to this:

Did you went away from the chunks by about 60 blocks?

That's why I went "bwuh?" at you. xd.png

But aaanyway, the spawning algorithm says nothing can spawn within a 24-block sphere around the player and that everywhere else in loaded chunks is free game as long as spawning conditions are met, like having open unlit space on the floor for hostile non-slime mobs, or any open space on the floor in the appropriate layers/chunks for slimes, water for squids, space on grass for animals, etc. :3

Edited by Lythiaren

That would explain why I had sheep/cows/chickens spawning in my base at one stage (it was a grass covered floor). Guessing they had enough room. xd.png

Going above the slime cave around 30 odd blocks seemed to fix it, so yeah the 24 block thing is pretty accurate. Reading previous comments that'd mean I would also be able to wait in my base and do something constructive at the same time.

Overall Minecraft really seems to have a lot more logic behind it then it is given credit for*. Like where redstone circuits and logic gates could be compared to real life circuitry. That part of the game really takes the cake.

*I just found it interesting with the mining/construction aspect on its own. e.e

You should see some of the amazing things people have made with redstone. Traps and music boxes are just the tip of the iceberg, I recall someone making a small network of simple computers with a router (that is, a "miniature" Internet), and some people are trying to build monitors. Some were satisfied with simple displays like 7-segment digital counters or text marquees, but someone successfully built a monitor and the circuitry was very impressive.

Edited by Lythiaren

I want beta so bad now. I would literally give up anything, yet my parents are like "NU YOU HAVE TOO MANY GAMES"

Well I only have like 10 games. Nothing compared to some.

But anyway, you can build a working monitor?

Turns out my cave was one block away from being 'slime friendly' so I took some TNT (ok a LOT of TNT) and now I have a skylight where I didn't want one xd.png

but no slimes yet...

and hopefully I'll get the skylight fixed and then have the videos up of my house (I might just talk instead of using signs...)

Um... can you see your portal anywhere? Even like above you? If you can, find (or make) a path to it... or jump in lava if you can't. I did that and I'm still alright... (but part of that was because of the giant jellyfish)

*goes to make video of her house*

it'll be in two parts and I decided to talk instead of using the signs... so I gotta take those down...

eh! I will make this! I promise... and then youtube better accept it (or give me a warning that it was too long dry.gif )

Ok now I'm sad. I had six wolves and 4 of them walked right into skeletons that were shooting me... they're dead now sad.gif so I have 2 left. And now those two have just been killed by a spider... so I'm taking the video on peaceful now dry.gif (and deleting the other- no one wants to see wolf-death!)

(HD) is being processed and still uploading so if you were wondering where the other one went, this is replacing it.

I'll make sure to upload Part 2 in HD

and Part 3 consists of my minecart track...and probably nothing else aside from it (it wouldn't fit in my second vid and was being glitchy...)

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Um... can you see your portal anywhere? Even like above you? If you can, find (or make) a path to it... or jump in lava if you can't. I did that and I'm still alright... (but part of that was because of the giant jellyfish)

-stares at diamond pickaxe in inventory- Um. Should I still?

-stares at diamond pickaxe in inventory- Um. Should I still?

If you cannot see your portal or the path you used to get wherever you are, then yes. There will be more diamonds... I would know... (and one of these videos proves it... I think it's the first which shooouullld work...)

and video one says error without having anything to error about dry.gif I'll try and fix. Part 2 is uploading and part 3 I will have eventually (if I can ever get into the minecart again...)

and ya know what... I think I liked the non-hd version better- it actually fit dry.gif ....one of these days youtube... one of these days... *puts note not to listen to youtubes recommendations anymore* I will fix it! once my computer decides to let me...

I will have part 3 later... or tomorrow. It will be linked in the second video wink.gif

at least you didn't fall off a cliff while making a video xd.png

D:

Were you at least on a pig?

You should see some of the amazing things people have made with redstone. Traps and music boxes are just the tip of the iceberg, I recall someone making a small network of simple computers with a router (that is, a "miniature" Internet), and some people are trying to build monitors. Some were satisfied with simple displays like 7-segment digital counters or text marquees, but someone successfully built a monitor and the circuitry was very impressive.

I'm trying to build a buttons-based 7 segment display, but I can't get the RS NOR Latches to work the way I want. Resetting them is the problem, because the wire isn't long enough and I can't put a repeater! I might stick to using T-Flip-Flops.

Anyhow, why didn't you place your items on a chest before jumping into the lava? That way you could happen to find that chest again later. :3

Anyhow, why didn't you place your items on a chest before jumping into the lava? That way you could happen to find that chest again later. :3

No wood or chests.

-watches house video- -diamond chest is opened- -mouth falls open- You know what's weird? You sound like my band friend. But how unlikely is that?

Edited by AlwaysGone

No wood or chests.

-watches house video- -diamond chest is opened- -mouth falls open- You know what's weird? You sound like my band friend. But how unlikely is that?

I'm in a marching band in NY... so, maybe all band kids sound similar?

It took forever to find all those diamonds... and many involuntary lava jumps.

Lava is the exact reason I carry a bucket of water and some blocks with me at all times. Never run straight into where you've just dug, I've fallen into lava pools enough times to know this. Ranged mining ftw! XD

Ok. Gonna start a new world tomorrow and post updates every week. Gonna be a Minecraft Log. First ever of Youtube.

I never ran into a lava pit on my own... it was mostly creepers or zombies that chased me there (bacause I thought I could play the game on easy and not have to worry) and at one point it was one of those white jellyfish popping out of the portal I had (and later destroyed for fear of it happening again)

speaking of lava... I should make a better lava fall (and perhaps show you the one that went off the cliff)

Part 3 of my house (or minetrack) will be up later.

@Caramba: I started mine two days ago wink.gif

Oh! Oh! I had an idea! How about everyone post their own worlds here? You can open Minecraft, click "Texture Packs" and click "Add". Then it'l open a location. Exit Minecraft and go to that location. The worlds should be in the "saves" folder.

or go here since that never works for me... it has both windows and mac on it (since macs don't do what Caramba wants them too wink.gif )

here's what I have for a world it's the one in my house movie... so if you need diamonds... head to diamond storage down in the basement (or cave part of my house) and it's in a zip file since that's all I can do for a mac.

(and also home to the random rollercoaster of fun, the cactus farm and the really big wall- of watch out for the lava fall toward the back part of my house... I recommend following the torches that I put down wink.gif )

I'll see what I can do Always, when my computer charges that is wink.gif

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I'll see what I can do Always, when my computer charges that is wink.gif

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I'd like to point out that the game file might be INSIDE the .zip file, so you should check that out too. I was trying to compress it and I think it screwed up.

I'd tear up the house myself, but I don't really want to destroy my house. The cobble on the ground and ceiling lead to 'alternate' mob spawn points I tried to make, so don't worry too bad about those.