chickenhound

Minecraft!

@Dragonhatchling: Thanks, I've probably spent way too much time on it though.

Tempted to try that item dupe trick, but at the same time the voice in my head tells me it's more fun to mine it yourself, even if lava has it out for me. Neat trick regardless, certainly one of the safer ways to dupe them (in terms of your save being corrupted). xd.png

of my 3 part video tour of my house... though this doesn't have to do much with my house xd.png

My channel where you can find all 3 of my videos...

and g'night everyone.

I love doing this:

Find a snowy zone. Dig a hole and put tnt blocks in it. Wire it up with redstone and have a pressure plate activate it. Make the pressure plate on the same height as the ground you walk on.

Now wait for it to snow again so it covers the plate up >:3

I love doing this:

Find a snowy zone. Dig a hole and put tnt blocks in it. Wire it up with redstone and have a pressure plate activate it. Make the pressure plate on the same height as the ground you walk on.

I'd try that if I wasn't a coward! /failure at life

I duplicated a bunch of TNT blocks so I could go strip mining for the first time ever. Natural caves anyone?

I love doing this:

I did that once... except I was on the spot with TNT and something stepped on the plate... yeah. Scared the crud outta me xd.png and confused me...

Wait. How do you duplicate items? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web...

Wait. How do you duplicate items? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web...

It's hard to explain...

Basically, you have to pick out the items you want(and have only those in your inventory) to duplicate. Then you duplicate your save file. go back into the original game and put the items in a chest. Save, quit, go back into the files and...Say your game was named "World1". You would go into "World1-Copy" and copy the level.dat and level.dat_old files. Then go back into "World1" and replace "World1"'s level.dat and level.dat_old files with the ones you copied out of "World1-Copy". Go back into your world and your items should be both in your inventory and the chest.

Does that make any sense? Most of the time I can barely understand what I mean when I say something.

I duplicated a different way.... (this is what I remember and off the top of my head... it's also on YouTube somewhere)

I put the items I wanted to duplicate in my inventory, went to the pause screen and then shut the game off without hitting save and quit. I turned it back on and the items were back in the chest as well as in my inventory...

I'll try and find that video later, or make one for you all...

There's the video smile.gif

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Oh.I think that the file duplication is safer and can't be patched, so I'l be doing that with sand.

Alternatively, you can make an ingamesand and gravel duplicator. Place a sticky piston facing down with enough space that you canno tjump under it (AKA 3 blocksfrom the ground).Then place a sand block below it. Place a block right next to the floating piston and attach a lever. Then hold right click while aiming thel ever and the sand should duplicate. It also works with gravel.

I'm not trying to be biased here, but I think mine works a little bit better, because it can't be patched and the only things it affects are your coordinates and your inventory.

Just my opinion.

Edited by AlwaysGone

All I did was suggest an alternative rolleyes.gif

anyhow, I'm going to continue playing my game.

Help?

Monsters are spawning in my house while I sleep. They killed my pet wolf, Blade. TT_TT

But all my doors are correctly placed, and my walls are more than 2 blocks thick.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

*sulks off to go make a grave*

Help?

Monsters are spawning in my house while I sleep. They killed my pet wolf, Blade. TT_TT

But all my doors are correctly placed, and my walls are more than 2 blocks thick.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

do you have torches all over? Just one won't stop monsters if your house is big... if you house/room is four blocks each way one torch might do it. just put lots of torches all over and you'll be fine biggrin.gif

Help?

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

Deja vu.

Sleep with a sword. /personal experience

Deja vu.

Sleep with a sword. /personal experience

does this still happen to you?

....I didn't personally have it happen but just put a few torches on the floor. That should add a bit extra 'die monster' light to your house wink.gif

My room has more light in it than New York City. I don't think that's the problem.

I even moved the bed to a different location, but it still didn't work!

Also, I tamed two more wolves. Esmerelda and Rubix. ;D

I think if there's dirt in your house it'll spawn mobs.

this is true for cows/chickens/...other things like chickens and cows.. PIGS that's what I missed xd.png

but if it's monsters then none of that should be the problem xd.png including the light....

Well... Mobs can spawn on dirt, stone, cobblestone, moss stone, obsidian, wood, and leaves (fast graphics). But they don't spawn of a single slab, wooden planks, glass, leaves (fancy graphics), and maybe wool.

But beware: They do spawn on double slabs.

...Well. That figures.

My floor is made of cobblestone. X_X

I have since moved the bed, but I set my game on Peaceful...

*switches to Easy and hopes for the best*

Edit:

FFFFF-

I still got attacked! What gives!?

Edited by Drako_tamer

Try placing your bed so it's in its own little space, and make sure none of the sides are touching any walls or anything.

Has that room bug been fixed? I know there was something about the wolves' pathfinding fix that screwed up sleeping safely. Even rooms that had been safe before that update would suddenly be not safe. Happened on my server in our tower base.

Has that room bug been fixed? I know there was something about the wolves' pathfinding fix that screwed up sleeping safely. Even rooms that had been safe before that update would suddenly be not safe. Happened on my server in our tower base.

Sounds like your problem Always and Drako... which can explain why I never had the problem when I downloaded Always' world and tried to fix it ...