chickenhound

Minecraft!

OMG! I just saw the Minecraft first page! It says that you win a free Minecraft Gift Code when you buy Minecraft! That means you can get one for you friend if you buy it!

caramba2654 tries to get virtual money

caramba2564 fails

I'm not begging. I just really want Minecraft. lol.

Also that was a test to see if people could spot my invisible messages.

Edited by caramba2654

I'm trying to play Creative. I have Java and everything, but when i go on the page, it just keep loading forever...I've waited a half an hour. sad.gif

Windows Vista, Toshiba model, n case anyone wanted to know.

I love minecraft! I'm not much of a fighter(creepers make me scream like a girl) but I love making pretty structures. :3

*If any of you have youtube channels dedicated to minecraft feel free to message me and I'll check them out.

I have but... It's not cool.

I think I'm gonna flatten the terrain around my "working area" to build a base.

I'm trying to play Creative. I have Java and everything, but when i go on the page, it just keep loading forever...I've waited a half an hour. sad.gif

Are you on a server or single player?

My YouTube channel is just a fail-tour of my uncommitted and segmented 'house' along with my failcoaster to nowhereland.

Name is Dragonhatchie (someone took dragonhatchling) so if anyone wants to see my fails, you're welcome to check it out and comment on the failness xd.png

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?desktop_uri...play=True&gl=US

There's one random video of me attempting Insane on Dino Run (I want Planet D!!!)

I tried both. Neither worked. Yesterday I managed to actually get to the page, but once the 'loading' screen went away, it just froze.

Ah, forget it. I'll just buy it when it comes out on the 360.

OH YEAH! FREE MINECRAFT ACCOUNT BY LUCK.

I was browsing a video in Youtube and found a comment with a Username and a Password. I entered that in the minecraft site, changed the password and the account is now mine! biggrin.gif

Now, does anyone have a list of good servers?

OH YEAH! FREE MINECRAFT ACCOUNT BY LUCK.

I was browsing a video in Youtube and found a comment with a Username and a Password. I entered that in the minecraft site, changed the password and the account is now mine! biggrin.gif

Now, does anyone have a list of good servers?

horrible person you are. Someone could have been using that!!! and no, I don't know of any servers... never figured out how to even install Single Player Commands right dry.gif

Turn off popup blockers. I got a black screen for forever trying to play on a creative server when I had popup blockers on and I turned it off and I could play.

If you were playing on singleplayer, that one worked with popup blockers so I can't help you there if that's so.

^^ In all honesty, they risked losing the account by posting the details on a website such as Youtube. They might not have been expecting it to be stolen, perhaps they posted it so others without accounts of their own could use it. Either way, they risked it and lost out. Not that I agree with taking an account that wasn't my own, it's just the way things roll when you risk your information so openly.

Back on topic, does anyone have ideas on what to build in Single Player mode? My previous base is pretty much finished but I lost interest after having to turn heaps of cobblestone into stone. I added a basement to it, much to my irritation when I had to remove the water (it's under sea level), bucket by bucket. Currently built a Cacti farm, Sugarcane farm, Wheat farm and a Slime Dungeon. Mob dungeon is out of the question at the moment, as I play on Peaceful when not waiting for Slimes to spawn.

On second thought, has anyone ever created a tree farm? I have loads of saplings that I could use for one.

What if they'd gotten a hold of someone else's account info and posted that? It's hardly the victim's fault then. :|

I apologise, I didn't take that into consideration when posting my previous post. On second thought, it is probably more likely that the account wasn't the persons who posted the details, so my previous comment wasn't exactly warranted. Regardless, it is still rather rude to change the password, even if the person was asking for it to be stolen. While they may have deserved it (should they have been the owner of said account), chances are they didn't quite understand the implications and just wanted to let others play the game too. So yes, in the event the poster wasn't the owner of the account, it isn't the victims fault. Unless, the victim gave the account details over, in which they would have been risking it to someone who wasn't as trustworthy as they thought. Though, in that case the victim isn't entirely at fault either.

Long story short, my previous perspective was rather harsh, considering the victim may have been someone different from the poster of the details. For that, I regret posting in such a manner. >.<

Back on topic, I never knew holding the Shift button moved items from chests much faster. It has made switching bases much easier, taking less than half the time to sort my inventory out before moving into the new base. Wish I had known it earlier. x.x

You could change the password back, then the owner could use it again... And, uh, where did you find the comment?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, I just thought of something that would be hilarious on PvP. Dig a two block deep pit, push 15 pigs into it (so no more can spawn, I think that's the max number of passive mobs that can spawn) and cover it up with dirt and let the grass grow back. Next, shoot your opponent with arrows or something until they have half a heart left. Assuming they have no food on hand, that would be hilarious, especially at the beginning when they have no wheat or mob farms.

The meanest kind of PvP trap you can make is probably a combination of

and
. Piston trap to dump them into an obsidian room with water on the floor, with only a single light... that is immediately blocked by about a hundred hostiles all dumped into the room to murder them. :V

The water being used to shove all the mobs toward the victim, and the loot into a collection stream when the mobs are done. Then just shut off the water, turn on some lava to purge the kill room, turn off the lava and turn the water back on, and it's reset! Well, as soon as the mobs refill that is. xd.png

Edited by Lythiaren

You could build an underwater house. It's not really new, but it is quite beautiful.

They have mossy stone right? How about an old castle full of traps?

minecraft is pretty good. im playing in a server called pewcraft. its nice.

minecraft got some unique mods like dragons, horses, birds, etc. biggrin.gif

so epic win!

horrible person you are. Someone could have been using that!!! and no, I don't know of any servers... never figured out how to even install Single Player Commands right dry.gif

I don't really think so, because the person spammed the details in every video she could find. I messaged her about it, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

This is the channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrWassabi321

You can search for that name (using Ctrl+F) in any Sunny Springs video.

I'm a tree farm expert. I only farm birch trees, because they don't grow branches. The design I usually do is:

OOOOO

O---O

O-H-O

O---O

OOOOO

Where O = slab

- = solid block

~ = dirt

In the end it looks something like this:

OOOOOOOOOO

O---OO---O

O-~-OO-~-O

O---OO---O

OOOOOOOOOO

In th second video of my minecraft house on my YouTube channel (my name is Dragonhatchie) I sorta made a tree farm... With one giant tree and a few others scattered around xd.png

@Caramba: as previous posts said, it could be someone else's account someone managed to get. So in all honesty, you don't need to change the password and just share it... Anyhow, that link you gave said no videos were found nor did it have anything else on it...

That farm design is not very space efficient. Best birch farm design is made up of 3x3 modules:

[ ][ ][ ]

[ ][t][ ]

[ ][ ][ ]

[ ] = anything

[t] = dirt with birch sapling

Torches can of course go wherever you want. 2 clear spaces between birch saplings makes for optimal growth per space. Pack them too close together and they grow slowly, space them too far apart and you're wasting space that could be used for more trees.

Of course, with a large tree farm you can probably afford to sacrifice growth time for sheer volume of tree. But by dedicating my first 1-2 days on a new world purely to birch growing, sans bonemeal and assuming I find a tree to harvest saplings, I can expand the farm to well over a hundred trees right off the bat. And it doesn't require halfslabs.

Of course it's not terribly nice in terms of aesthetics, but for efficiency you drop all the decorations.

Edited by Lythiaren

That farm design is not very space efficient. Best birch farm design is made up of 3x3 modules:

[ ][ ][ ]

[ ][t][ ]

[ ][ ][ ]

[ ] = anything

[t] = dirt with birch sapling

Torches can of course go wherever you want. 2 clear spaces between birch saplings makes for optimal growth per space. Pack them too close together and they grow slowly, space them too far apart and you're wasting space that could be used for more trees.

Of course, with a large tree farm you can probably afford to sacrifice growth time for sheer volume of tree. But by dedicating my first 1-2 days on a new world purely to birch growing, sans bonemeal and assuming I find a tree to harvest saplings, I can expand the farm to well over a hundred trees right off the bat. And it doesn't require halfslabs.

Of course it's not terribly nice in terms of aesthetics, but for efficiency you drop all the decorations.

Yeah, I use that design, but with a row of slabs around each module. It's because trees need a 5x8 area to grow, especially birch trees. And I place torches on the corner blocks, because then it can keep growing at night without me having to spam bonemeal on it.

Omigawd. I just had the best idea.

Okay, so you know spleef? Well, what if you have a spleef arena that has pressure plates here and there, which are wired up to TNT that drop from the roof. o.O

You could build an underwater house. It's not really new, but it is quite beautiful.

They have mossy stone right? How about an old castle full of traps?

I like the idea of the underwater house. It'll be a challenge, time comsuming at that, but nonetheless it'll look nice if I use as much glass as I can without sacrificing too much light. Worth a try, thanks!

Caramba & Lytharian:

Thank you for both of those set ups, it'll help me get started. I wasn't aware trees needed light to grow during the night. That would explain why saplings I planted disappeared. I'm not after a massive farm, but a medium sized one will do. Would a plot with say, 12 or 16 saplings be alright in terms of how useful it could be?

I like the idea of the underwater house. It'll be a challenge, time comsuming at that, but nonetheless it'll look nice if I use as much glass as I can without sacrificing too much light. Worth a try, thanks!

Caramba & Lytharian:

Thank you for both of those set ups, it'll help me get started. I wasn't aware trees needed light to grow during the night. That would explain why saplings I planted disappeared. I'm not after a massive farm, but a medium sized one will do. Would a plot with say, 12 or 16 saplings be alright in terms of how useful it could be?

Yes a plot of that many saplings would be fine.

If you want an example of a simple underwater house, you can look

Or on my channel here if that other link doesn't work. It's called Minecraft House Part 2 and if you want to see a bit more of the outside (because I don't remember if I show it again) close to the end of part 1 has the outside.

I actually plan on changing that design to something more complicated... but then I'll pry just make a new house. xd.png