chickenhound

Minecraft!

So...Is there any way to fix it?

Have it updated? I never had the issue so I wouldn't know... sleep.gif

this is true for cows/chickens/...other things like chickens and cows.. PIGS that's what I missed xd.png

Only if it's grass. Passives only spawn on grass, that's why people with passive mob spawning grounds will mess up all the grass in the vicinity, so all the farm animals spawn in their place and nowhere else.

Only if it's grass. Passives only spawn on grass, that's why people with passive mob spawning grounds will mess up all the grass in the vicinity, so all the farm animals spawn in their place and nowhere else.

if you look at my post where you got that quote from, I responded that part of the quote that was talking about grass. I stated below it that monsters (aggressive mobs) won't spawn on grass in a base. wink.gif

I FIXED IT! -does a little dance-

-ahem- Right, so, the mob spawning problem is fixed! I did a little reading on the wiki, and discovered that the bed thing was right. So, I fixed my bed, and tried again.

The usual spawning and FFUUUUUUU- followed.

So I read the wiki again. It suggested making sure all doors had left hinge orientation from where I placed them, or mobs would walk through it like it wasn't there.

"Huh." I moved on, and a death or two later, I remembered the door hinge trick. (Does this sound like a story or what?) I checked all of my doors in the house. Shrine? Left. Storage? Left. Front door? Left. Left bedroom? Left. Right bedroom? Left. All of my other storage rooms? Left, left, and...left. Back door? Right.

Wait, what? So I went and fixed the hinge orientation, then went to sleep on easy. I woke up and looked around to make sure no skeletons were going to kill me. When none were there, I looked at my difficulty. Easy. I looked out the window, and it was day. I giggled like an idiot and came to tell you guys.

Let's celebrate! -passes around dessert and drinks of choice-

Slenderman is in Minecraft now? And there's more than one of him? censorkip.gif!

…In other words, we're screwed.

Thank you, Endermen! *takes sugar cubes they're holding*

if you look at my post where you got that quote from, I responded that part of the quote that was talking about grass.  I stated below it that monsters (aggressive mobs) won't spawn on grass in a base.  wink.gif

I think if there's dirt in your house it'll spawn mobs.

this is true for cows/chickens/...other things like chickens and cows.. PIGS that's what I missed xd.png

but if it's monsters then none of that should be the problem xd.png including the light....

Nope, dirt.

Edited by Lythiaren

user posted image

Meet the Endermen. We're doomed.

I personally think those guys are adorable. 8D I want them nao.

They remind me of squiddies. And I love their name, Endermen.

but if it's monsters then none of that should be the problem xd.png including the light....

Nope, dirt.

So, to be short: Agressive mobs can spawn or dirt and grass. Passive mobs can only spawn on grass.

Also, fun fact: Grass, dirt and farmland aren't the same block. They have different IDs. It also happens with furnaces. A lif furnace is a different block than an unlit one.

More facts:

• Cobweb doesn't prevent fall damage, ignoring the fact that they slow you down.

• Creepers go to the player's right when they're about to explode.

• Skeletons also jump to their right when they shoot.

• Zombies are kinda boring.

• Doors in 1.7.2 used to make purple particles when hit.

• Spiders can see you through walls.

• Skeletons can't run out of arrows.

• You can move a spawner with a piston and make the trap in the surface.

• The old minecart booster glitch still works. But it's veeeery rare.

• Bread used to require 6 wheat instead of 3.
Also, the Aether mod is out. It adds more variety to Minecraft, making it more focused in exploration and gearing up than building. I'll definitely download it when I get home.

definitely (with an I, not an A) (A test).

Edited by caramba2654

Can anyone lead me to decent guides to downloading/installing mods? I'm completely lost hehe xd.png

BTW, we should make a multiplayer server dedicated to dragcave users...if we haven't already.

Edited by Ookami11

decided i wanted to make a city inside the mountain

http://i51.tinypic.com/10p4qh5.png

it is not supposed to be moria....but it probably will have a lot of similar styles xd.png

while digging the quote

"Moria... You fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... shadow and flame. "

kept coming into my head

i tried to explore a vast tunnel system off to the side of the mountain i was using.... i ran out of picks, wood, and torches and was lost for over an hour

i ended up digging with my hands to the surface in the dark, except every now and then i would place a furnace down, put a piece of coal inside that would light my tunnel until it ran out >_<

also before my climb to the surface i used F3 to see if i was even close to animals and i saw numbers below me....i was on peaceful at this point....

SQUIDS! stuck in a underground pond xd.png

Edited by darkshadow5392

decided i wanted to make a city inside the mountain

http://i51.tinypic.com/10p4qh5.png

it is not supposed to be moria....but it probably will have a lot of similar styles xd.png

while digging the quote

"Moria... You fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... shadow and flame. "

kept coming into my head

i tried to explore a vast tunnel system off to the side of the mountain i was using.... i ran out of picks, wood, and torches and was lost for over an hour

i ended up digging with my hands to the surface in the dark, except every now and then i would place a furnace down, put a piece of coal inside that would light my tunnel until it ran out >_<

also before my climb to the surface i used F3 to see if i was even close to animals and i saw numbers below me....i was on peaceful at this point....

SQUIDS! stuck in a underground pond xd.png

... Why don't you use Smooth Lightning? It doesn't affect how fast the world loads and it's cooler.

@Ookami: Quite easy.

• Download the mod.
  • Extract it.
  • Go to the Start menu.
  • Go to "Run".
  • Type "%appdata%".
  • Click .minecraft.
  • Click bin.
  • Open minecraft.jar with WinRar.
  • Paste the unzipped mod in the rar.
  • Delete META-INF.
Also, there is a DC server. But it's in Classic and it's not up until Saturday. Good thing is: Anyone can play, because it's online and can be played in a browser. Edited by caramba2654

my laptop can barely support tiny render so that stays on the lowest settings possible but when i flip to my main computer it seemed wierd with the better graphics so i just kept it normal lighting xd.png

i never really bothered to flip it (changes it now)

here is the hall with smooth

http://tinypic.com/r/2aoikn/7

i'm debating what to do with the lights, i like the torches for the mine feel but i kinda want to so light stone.....

I want to say something...-bashes head on wall to remember-

Oh! Right. I have a spot for another base-thing down at the bottom of this HUGE pit. To give you an idea, I started close to the surface and found diamonds down there. Problem: I couldn't possibly make enough ladders for the way down, and any waterfall would drown me before I made it down.

Any ideas? Keep in mind I'm kind of ADHD and will get bored with any lengthy projects.

I want to say something...-bashes head on wall to remember-

Oh! Right. I have a spot for another base-thing down at the bottom of this HUGE pit. To give you an idea, I started close to the surface and found diamonds down there. Problem: I couldn't possibly make enough ladders for the way down, and any waterfall would drown me before I made it down.

Any ideas? Keep in mind I'm kind of ADHD and will get bored with any lengthy projects.

SOLUTION:

Punch more trees.

I would so download that...If I had clay...censorkip.gif!

Does anyone know if the horses move around on their own?

EDIT: I would get more wood, except for this pit is huge. I CAN NOT begin to express how many ladders I would have to place. Ick.

Edited by AlwaysGone

Alternative solution:

to get up, free drop with water brake to get down. Edited by Lythiaren

The clay soldier mod is a ton of fun, I just finished building an underwater arena for them to fight in. The Aether mod is also really fun and should definitely be integrated into the main game.

Alternative solution:
to get up, free drop with water brake to get down.

EEEEETHO!! Sorry...What?

Oh. OH! I could use something like his mobevator to get up...I'll try that, then.

Yep, a 1x1 mobavator works too! You'd need to create an air pocket or two to avoid drowning but yes, that also works. Also takes less wood if you do solid water with the odd sign/ladder for air, compared to alternating signs or a ton of ladders. XD

I hated building my mobavator, because I was using alternating signs and argh so much treepunching. @_@

Edited by Lythiaren