chickenhound

Minecraft!

Yeah, I use that design, but with a row of slabs around each module. It's because trees need a 5x8 area to grow, especially birch trees. And I place torches on the corner blocks, because then it can keep growing at night without me having to spam bonemeal on it.

Why the slabs then? The 2 spaces in every direction can count for more than one tree space, which is why I plant mine 2 apart. Plus the fact that tree growth ignores transparent blocks like glass, torches, signs, and fancy leaves. Unless you play on fast graphics, leaves from other trees shouldn't be a problem. owo

But again if you want it to look nice while being functional there's no reason to follow my advice. I just have this thing about making my tree farm as efficient as I can. Small space, CRAM TREES. XD

Well, if the trees have more space, they will grow faster and will require less bonemeal. I usually set up my farm along with a mob system, so I can get infinite bonemeal and get infinite wood anytime I want it.

You know, someone is trying to build a computer in the game. I wonder how long it will be until we'll be playing Minecraft on Minecraft. xd.png

You know, someone is trying to build a computer in the game. I wonder how long it will be until we'll be playing Minecraft on Minecraft. xd.png

The computer is already built. It just needs improvement and a screen.

Actually, there are multiple computers. They're easy to make, actually.

user posted image

Stolen from the Funny Images thread on Forum Games

Edited by aquamarine__

If you want an example of a simple underwater house, you can look here...

Or on my channel here if that other link doesn't work. It's called Minecraft House Part 2 and if you want to see a bit more of the outside (because I don't remember if I show it again) close to the end of part 1 has the outside.

That's a good example, thanks for posting the links. I like the bridge too, even if you said something along the lines of it being pointless. tongue.gif

After much deliberation (not really), I collected and crafted the materials required for a Birch Tree Farm. Took me a few hours of not really paying attention to get everything, it was worth it though. As for which design I went for, I modified the 3x3, instead making it a 5x5. Land plot size is 31x31, large enough for 49 trees, but I opted for 42 to keep a clear column down the centre. Placed torches to promote natural growth, as I wasn't going to use bone meal. Anywho, the tree plots pretty much look like this:

TXXXT

XXXXX ---T=Torch

XXBXX ---X = Dirt block

XXXXX ---B = Birch Tree/Sapling

TXXXT

Screenshots are below for anyone who is interested in the general design.

After planting the saplings, a few grew before I snapped a screeny:

user posted image

After two in game nights, they grow pretty fast!

user posted image

Yes they do. I'm probably going to have to make the tree above my water base go away because of that xd.png

Thanks for the complament about the bridge... before everything turned to ice it was actually useful. But then it started to snow... I put my base there for the reason of it being ice-free minecraft, why'd you make it suddenly be an ice world!!!!!? xd.png I find tons of squid there though...

guys i jsut downloaded the clay soldier mod and its just wayy toooo epicc !!!!!.. the aether mod is also epic tongue.gif

guys i jsut downloaded the clay soldier mod  and its just wayy toooo epicc !!!!!.. the aether mod is also epic :P

I'm curious, has there been any word if Notch is going to make the Aether mod official or incorporate things from it into the skyworld that he's working on?

I do honestly think it should just be official because I'm afraid, if Notch just makes his own version, it'll have as much stuff to do in it as the Nether does. e_e;

Dear god I adore Minecraft.

I have never been so hopelessly addicted to a game.

Currently hollowing out the earth in an attempt to find gold so i can make powered rails for an epic rollercoaster in my single-player world.

Oh! Can I point out an underrated mod? It's called the Zipline Mod by...uhh...can't remember his name..hehe...but it is so cool. You shoot arrows with ropes and then make a handlebar to zipline down!

I've tested the zipline mod. It seems a bit difficult to create rope bridges and such, but that might just be me.

I might start a let's play. If I do, I'll link you guys to it.

I'd have to get used to playing on normal but it just freaks me out so much =.=

Edited by Getpwned

I watch far too many Minecraft LPs. I find it hilarious when people freak out because there are monsters chasing them xd.png

I build on peaceful and then once my fortress is complete I'll turn on monsters and go adventuring. (i'm a wimp lol)

I find it hilarious when people freak out because there are monsters chasing them xd.png

Then you'll probably find mine hilarious. Today, on singleplayer(not recording) I plopped a torch down in a cave, looked up, and had a creeper in my face. I was lucky to get away before it blew up!

^ I love watching Let's Plays, looking forward to yours. smile.gif

Started a new world because I got bored with my old one. Straight up I found an uncovered dungeon with a Skeleton mob spawner (the black things on the cobblestone above the Skeleton are the arrows it's trying to hit me with). There must be a Zombie spawner around too, because one tried to eat me when I was uncovering the second chest (which I have since found has a music disk in it). Visible iron is close by too! Yet to find coal.

The seed is "357832343" without the quotation marks, for anyone interested. Spawn point = tower of sand in the top left-middle corner. Dungeon is directly below the tower I'm standing on. Iron is in the uncovered cave in front of the dungeon. Yes, the green thing on the sand is a creeper.

Time to start exploring for supplies. :3

Edited by VampiricOmen

Time to start exploding for supplies. :3

Fixed it there for ya.

Can we make like... a Dragon Cave Minecraft Let's Play? We could play online, someone would record and someone would run the server. Then record the audio for the ones who have microphones and put it up to Youtube. Bad or good idea?

Great idea, though it would be awesome if you could do it over hamachi because I can't access the internet with minecraft.

I has a mic 8D

Fixed it there for ya.

Can we make like... a Dragon Cave Minecraft Let's Play? We could play online, someone would record and someone would run the server. Then record the audio for the ones who have microphones and put it up to Youtube. Bad or good idea?

Great idea, where do I sign on? xd.png

Here. lol

Well, I can do it with Hamachi. Here's a list of programs that everyone would need need.

Hamachi

Steam

Minecraft

I have all of them, so I can do the recording and the hosting, besides the editing and the uploading. Gonna talk by Steam, or by the in-game chat. If anyone wants to make a Let's Play with us, post here!

Edited by caramba2654

Here. lol

Well, I can do it with Hamachi. Here's a list of programs that everyone would need need.

Hamachi

Steam

Minecraft

I have all of them, so I can do the recording and the hosting, besides the editing and the uploading. Gonna talk by Steam, or by the in-game chat. If anyone wants to make a Let's Play with us, post here!

If it's non-SMP, I'm in. Don't have a mic though and I can't talk in Steam.

Well, i've been playing Minecraft a LOT lately. I already found a wolf. :3

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9817/minecraftgb.jpg

This is what you can see just as you enter my wooden house... Yes, i got sick of digging holes. I got so many saplings i could replant the Amazon rainforest. xd.png

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/175/minecraftd.jpg

A small farm i built right now, with some iron ore i found i got a bucket of water and now i'm harvesting sugarcane.

Edited by OrbiterSpore

Here. lol

Hamachi

Steam

Minecraft

Well, I'd like to, but I don't have Steam anymore. D: I do have a microphone and Hamachi, though I barely know how to use it.

Edited by Switch

Why exploding? ohmy.gif On the topic of exploding, a creeper blew up the monster spawner in the dungeon not far from my base. So much for my idea's about using it in a mob trap that isn't too far away from my base. sad.gif

DC Multiplayer Let's Play? Great idea! I would love to participate if there are plenty of spots for people. I'm yet to actually try Multiplayer in beta, so it'd be great to play with people from the same forum community.

I have Steam and Minecraft, but I'll have to get -Hamachi- (got it now). I have a mic too, but I'll probably just type.

Edited by VampiricOmen

Shoot, I have Steam and MC but no Hamachi. And I can't record, or download anything else I don't really need. I can talk with meh mic on Steam though.