chickenhound

Minecraft!

I just recently got this, it's fun so far. My home is underground, and above it is a lava fountain with one of the white-bark trees in the air above it. It's right by the ocean and a deep cave that I've found coal and iron in.

I used a seed completely composed of mountains and a huge lava filled cave system, which is still partly unexplored. By the lava, 14 diamonds have been found, hundreds of steel and only 3 gold so far. I wish I could post the seed, but I used random generator.

As a question for the mine craft community, is it a good idea to use mcedit? I want unlimited rail for a project.

If you want to share your seed: http://mc.42nex.us/

MCEdit is safe to use. If you have no qualms about building things without doing it all block by block, go ahead. It's a sandbox, no one has any right to tell you how to play in it.

Though some people try to do it anyway. Just ignore them.

Got Minecraft. I'm stuck in a place that's nearly devoid of coal, and I have no more daylight.

FFFF-

*waits for something to eat me*

Got Minecraft. I'm stuck in a place that's nearly devoid of coal, and I have no more daylight.

FFFF-

*waits for something to eat me*

Switch to peaceful and continue the search. If you're desperate you can make charcoal.

There's no monsters in peaceful, right? It just goes to day/night? Because I've seen two inaccessible veins.

Vein 1: In a dark cave full of Creepers.

Vein 2: On a mountain.

If I get Vein 1 and go back into Normal mode, will I still be able to keep the coal?

There's no monsters in peaceful, right? It just goes to day/night? Because I've seen two inaccessible veins.

Vein 1: In a dark cave full of Creepers.

Vein 2: On a mountain.

If I get Vein 1 and go back into Normal mode, will I still be able to keep the coal?

Yes, you will. The only differences between Peaceful and the other modes are that Peaceful has no unfriendly mobs(except wolves) and you heal without food.

Okay...just ran into a spider. I'm lost and underground, so the spider is only just out of reach. Can I kill it with a stone pick? Or do I need the heavy artillery?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just cot blown up by a Creeper. FFF-

What the f-*Creeper*

Edited by Drako_tamer

Okay...just ran into a spider. I'm lost and underground, so the spider is only just out of reach. Can I kill it with a stone pick? Or do I need the heavy artillery?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just cot blown up by a Creeper. FFF-

What the f-*Creeper*

I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did.

I started a new game I'm playing on Easy because of my fear of CREEPER.

I used a seed completely composed of mountains and a huge lava filled cave system, which is still partly unexplored. By the lava, 14 diamonds have been found, hundreds of steel and only 3 gold so far. I wish I could post the seed, but I used random generator.

As a question for the mine craft community, is it a good idea to use mcedit? I want unlimited rail for a project.

I recommend TooManyItems. That way you can invedit in-game.

I have a map I downloaded for building stuff, and somewhere in it there's a small lava pool with a redstone ore block in it.

And that is how I realized just how low the LowGrass map is.

Also, NINJA CREEPER~ xd.png

Are there even any creepers on the classic? (since my parents are cheapskates and won't allow me to get the newest version, and I have no friends with gift codes) I have yet to find any o.O I'm stuck building random things with permanent daytime.

Classic is boring as censorkip.gif unless it's multiplayer.

There is nothing but building stuffs.

That explains it...well my dad's being a big censorkip.gif and wants me to give him a giant description of what the object of the game is before he "might" buy it.

The object of the game? The object of the game is to build stuff.

I dunno, really. You live in the world, defeat zombies / skeletons / spiders / creepers (or hide from them!), you build a base and stuff.

Also, the Nether is pretty epic. There are zombie pigmen.

I finally got my tower rebuilt after a creeper took out my stairs so I can get back to the wolves that were sitting up there waiting for me to save them. Then two more creepers came and blew a hole through the floor, wall and my stairs. The wolves are back up at the top with me at the bottom and no way up thanks to a large gap a few more creepers made once I fell down there.... I will save the wolves!! or the creepers will kill me trying!

I finally got my tower rebuilt after a creeper took out my stairs so I can get back to the wolves that were sitting up there waiting for me to save them. Then two more creepers came and blew a hole through the floor, wall and my stairs. The wolves are back up at the top with me at the bottom and no way up thanks to a large gap a few more creepers made once I fell down there.... I will save the wolves!! or the creepers will kill me trying!

My advice? Switch to Peaceful, rebuild the tower, then switch back to whatever setting you were on. Trust me, it works.

I built a hoooouse! 8D

Well, more like a mountainside lodge, but it'll do. It's still WIP, but still.

Here's some pics. :3

My epic house.

The inside of my epic house.

Windows FTW.

My leetle crafting room.

What do you think?

My advice? Switch to Peaceful, rebuild the tower, then switch back to whatever setting you were on. Trust me, it works.

I built a hoooouse! 8D

Well, more like a mountainside lodge, but it'll do. It's still WIP, but still.

Here's some pics. :3

My epic house.

The inside of my epic house.

Windows FTW.

My leetle crafting room.

What do you think?

I did xd.png They always find meee....

nice house! I should show people mine... ....who wants to see my house? (in pieces since I can't figure out how to make a video...)

Actually, I'll make a video since I figured it out... I'll figure out how to show you guys later once I test the recorder thing. wink.gif

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Coolio! I updated my house, so now, I'd say it's done...for now.

My pathway of FIYAH!

My back door.

My crafting room. Now new and improved!

Also made a pathway/park behind my house. Not sure what for, but it's there. Want pics?

Ooh... If I had Minecraft, and I made a pathway of FIYAH, I waould use burning netherack. Then it looks awesome and burns mobs! But torches looks good to. Your house looks awesome. Now I just need to buy Minecraft and build a more epic house with a gazillion rooms...

Ooh... If I had Minecraft, and I made a pathway of FIYAH, I waould use burning netherack. Then it looks awesome and burns mobs! But torches looks good to. Your house looks awesome. Now I just need to buy Minecraft and build a more epic house with a gazillion rooms...

already built a house like that... and I'm unfinished since I wanted to make it bigger. If I could find a free video thing I'd show you a video... I have to settle for pictures and I can't find where they went xd.png

My plan for the thirty minutes of computer time I get on the laptop before FAILBATTERY decides to power down eight hours early:

Build a house that ISN'T a cave. Pics when I have them.

Also, I found a cool mod I might get on Painterly Pack. It's BEES! I don't know. Mod to add to the fun of the game vs. mod to make the game easier?

Does anyone know where you can find diamonds in the demo? I want obsidian so I can build an epic house before the demo ends. And so I can go to the nether.

Diamonds are always near the bottom of the map.