chickenhound

Minecraft!

That's because your portals are too close together. All portals in a given chunk lead to the same portal in the Nether, iirc.

That's because your portals are too close together. All portals in a given chunk lead to the same portal in the Nether, iirc.

but they're not close together at all..... one is in my base. another is 15 wide hills away in a cave that seems to go on forever. another is some huge distance covered in ocean away... (continue on ground and jump down a hole) in a cave that I got lost is... huge cave. huge.

then the other 4 are mostly like those, they never were close together at all except for those in my house which I have 3... not including the 4 I just just mentioned (with 4).

the ones in my house I don't care if they're to the same portal, I like that actually.

If they're really far apart then that's probably a glitch. o_O

That or they defaulted to your original portal for lack of an appropriate space to put your return portal, or the original portal was put down in the area for your new one. Either way, it's possible that either return point was just a space of solid Netherrack so the portals were moved.

@darkshadow: You do realize the glass glitch doesn't work anymore, right? Notch fixed that in 1.6... you're better off using a lava knife, drowner, or Carnot Grinder.

Edited by Lythiaren

If they're really far apart then that's probably a glitch. o_O

That or they defaulted to your original portal for lack of an appropriate space to put your return portal, or the original portal was put down in the area for your new one. Either way, it's possible that either return point was just a space of solid Netherrack so the portals were moved.

@darkshadow: You do realize the glass glitch doesn't work anymore, right? Notch fixed that in 1.6... you're better off using a lava knife, drowner, or Carnot Grinder.

what is the glass glitch xd.png

i just made the skeleton drowner like two days ago for a zombie dungeon

the spider one i built maybe a month ago

in these designs you can use any blocks for the walls (i've done like half stone ect)

i just like using glass so i can watch the monsters die >:3

meh, glitches... oh well, it's not like I needed the portal for the cave xd.png I just get annoyed when I leave my house and pop out in a giant forest really super far away where I first was and it won't send me back xd.png

*goes back to building giant wall*

oh, I found a spider cage thing (can't spell spauner) and I didn't realize it... I figured it out after I was being attacked by spider after spider and made a spider trap xd.png

Is it just me or do any of you don't like the direction the MC is taking development-wise? That's why I don't play Beta much anymore... And I still haven't found a wolf. By the way anyone who was on the Wonton-Caroline server last night, I cleaned up the creeper and doves.

EDIT: Car it's down for me.

Edited by rainpeltstar

Half the giant wall is done... I wish I could make a video of random stuff I do... though I don't know of any program that will allow a mac to use it ...

Now it's not down, but there's practically no one there except car, who's afk at the moment. I wish I could record MC.

Now it's not down, but there's practically no one there except car, who's afk at the moment. I wish I could record MC.

I can! Just ask me for it!

I Was Just Creating A Waterfall Next To My House,

And It Sort Of "Exploded" And The Waters Gone Everywhere.

Thankyou Very Much, Mr. Creeper.

Should I make a topic on the Fansites section? After all it's a DC fan server...

so I'm digging down (don't do this) I end up falling into a cave after searching for pesky water to shut it up... a creeper showed up and exploded, it revealed a dungeon with a skeleton spawner... I had an epic fight with skeletons and realized I dropped my torches somewhere. I ran. fast. a spider found me so I started to hit it... more came. where from? no clue. I was being chased by a spider herd and I found my ladders. I started going up them, guess who was at the top waiting for me behind my back... Creepers! 3 of them! xd.png I died epically with spiders and creepers eating me.... I had fun.

what is the glass glitch  XD

i just made the skeleton drowner like two days ago for a zombie dungeon

the spider one i built maybe a month ago

in these designs you can use any blocks for the walls (i've done like half stone ect)

i just like using glass so i can watch the monsters die >:3

The glass glitch was where water flowed stronger when next to glass and other non-opaque blocks. People were using it to control mobs from their traps. XD

There was a whole big discussion on it on the MC forums, because the old kind of drowner is less reliable than it used to be. It's due in part to how water works; not only is water flow normalized next to all non-air blocks now, but in the bottom block of a waterfall the water is flowing "down" rather than any horizontal direction, so items can get caught in them. If you want 100% item yield you now need to kill mobs with a method that either kills without lava and drops into flat flowing water (vertical drowner, gravity trap), or a method that sets them on fire and allows you to run onto the kill platform and collect the drops (Carnot Grinder). Lava knives have a small item destruction rate (when tall mobs jump just before they die, and the item falls into the knife) and old-style drowners without sign/trapdoor modifications sometimes get items caught in the dead zone.

Of course if you don't care about getting 100% of the items from a grinder, none of the above applies. I do because I'm frugal and I love dispensers. XD

Edited by Lythiaren

meh I never really did get my animal/mob farm working right anyhow xd.png I stuck it in a place where animals are too smart to jump in... monsters, all I do is run around. they die by lava eventually and the items come to my house.

I did get the cactus farm working and made little 'notifiers' (red torches that light up when cactus dropping are on a plate) all over my world so I know to go back.

But today I went for a ride on my minecart system to find out that the boosters boost themselves but not my cart- that confused me until I remembered I had some power tracks. now I'm fixing my track system and am still wondering how some carts ended up like the picture in the link (it's a bit big)

http://i53.tinypic.com/nqv86e.png

look just to the right of the pointer... it may not look it but there's about 5 minecarts down there! xd.png and you can see where my track is... nothing ever comes close to that space, or even over it... my track is on a bridge that goes left. that isn't left!

Proof of the five minecarts...

I've yet to go down there too... I mean if minecarts are attracted to it, what else might happen? *thinks of rabid chickens attacking her* ....

Edited by Dragonhatchling

AUGHHHHH GREIFERS MUST DIE. I GOT GRIEFED BY SOME STUPID censorkip.gif THAT'S BEHIND 7 PROXIES. FFFFFFF

Sorry about that. I'm gonna have to redo the server. My server caroline will no longer be used.

wonton... it's alright... well it will be. everything will be fine... *tries to think up more nice things to say*

er... on a less brighter note, I just finished mending my tracks when a creeper showed up out of nowhere- it didn't explode until it followed me to my house xd.png now I have to fix it!

THE WORLD. FLOODED. WITH LAVA.

It all got destroyed. *cries*

I disallowed the block, so it should never happen again.

For now, anyone who'd like to help on the patrol shift let me know please.

THE WORLD. FLOODED. WITH LAVA.

It all got destroyed. *cries*

I disallowed the block, so it should never happen again.

For now, anyone who'd like to help on the patrol shift let me know please.

Couldn't you use /replaceall lava air?

It was all fixed. I disallowed water and lava so that it won't happen again.

But the they'll probably come back for more. They said themselves. But whatever, I'll just do an xban

user posted image

I built a Rubix Cube on the server i'm on for the sheer hell of it. xd.png

Aw wonton.

What were the griefer's names? Ip banning would be helpful.