prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Thanks, Nim! Oooh, that's exciting, to actually be close to an end. =o NaNoEdMo is probably the best way to go about editing. Might suck less when you're around people also hating it. =P

Congrats, Chiaki!

I'm gonna shoot for 55k in a few and then I'll validate. o3o

Well.

*Points to signature*

Congratulations, soup ^^

I actually made it to the end of my story earlier today. It felt so good writing "the end" biggrin.gif Sure, many parts of the story totally sucks at the moment, so it really needs some work, but I'll definitely try my best to edit it smile.gif

Congrats Soup!

I've yet to finish mine as well, though I want to be done by the end of today. Must be an awesome feeling Nim!

EDIT: and I've finished the whole thing! It stands at a fairly respectable 53.8K

But I have to say I'm a little sad. I'm going to miss my characters in a weird way...

Edited by Chiaki

50369 WORDS! GAME, SET, MATCH!

I think I ended mine pretty well, though I'm going to be dreaming about Atlas and Kefira (my main characters) for weeks on end xd.png

Congrats soup and Xbcdrt!

Great job, Nim and Chiaki, getting to end your story!

~

So I shot for 55k. I actually managed to throw together an end. It's not the best but the plot is so different from what I wanted, anyway. I ended up at like 57.5k. ...Decided to round off at 60k. Since I had already written my ending I wrote up some of the scenes I had imagined originally. Made it to 60,474 and just had to make it to 60.5k, so I beefed up the scene I had just written. Topped off at 60,554. Validated and came in at 60,580! 8D

Oh, and I must say congrats for everyone else who has won!

Congrats to all the winners n-n

Impressive, Sock. I'm shooting for 60k next year but I doubt I'll make it, lol. I had enough trouble this year Cx

Already editing my story. So much for trying NaNoEdMo, at this rate I won't have anything to do!

*cheeeeeeers all the winners!!*

Got a total of 61k for NaNo. Didn't validate 'cause I Rebeled, but it felt *so* good anyways! And, for the first time I think *ever*, I already have most of the ending written. Still have at least 10k of middle-story to write, but the ending is what always stumps me.

I failed pretty miserably, but it was still a blast the whole way through, and I had tons of fun watching everyone else's progress and watching my story slowly come to life.

Congrats to everyone who won! Badarses, all! 8D -hands out plates of cookies and cream cheese enchiladas-

So, who's gonna go for it this year?

No, this is not too early to post this, you shut up, sir.

So, who's gonna go for it this year?

No, this is not too early to post this, you shut up, sir.

I really want to try this year, but I've been trying to outline for a month and I've got nothing. :P

I'm going to try again hopefully. Last year I didn't get very far (14,000) because November was/is such a busy month for me. Hopefully I can plan it out better. >>

I'm not sure whether to redo that storyline or come up with a new one, I've been trying to brainstorm and I'm only getting bits and pieces of a story.

Going to try it again this year.

No idea what I'm going to write.

I'm going to try again this year- I still have last year's project which I failed to finish OTL School might stop me again this year but I have my hopes!

I think I'm gonna try with a Hunger Games parody.

I think I'm gonna try with a Hunger Games parody.

That sounds interesting! I'd love to read that once NaNoWriMo's over biggrin.gif

I think I might go with a steampunk story that's been in my head for a while...I'm not sure though, I still have a while to mull over a topic...right? unsure.gif

Ahahaha! I'm doing Camp NaNo write right now!

And I'll be submitting myself to NaNovember for a third time this year, as well (why do I do this?) because I'm strangely addicted... and can't write without someone pushing me.

Ahahaha! I'm doing Camp NaNo write right now!

And I'll be submitting myself to NaNovember for a third time this year, as well (why do I do this?) because I'm strangely addicted... and can't write without someone pushing me.

I know your feel- I have to have the crush of a deadline/word count to keep me goingl. Nothing like being 3,000 words behind to get my thoughts flowing >__<

I tried doing it last year, but then put too much stress on myself.

Don't think I'll be able to do it this year as I'm aiming to graduate this upcoming school year, so I'll have to do a lot of work.

I'm really excited to do it again this year. No idea what to write about but then I based last years one on a dream I had, so we shall see what goods my unconscious brain can come up with!

Hopefully I can do it again this November. I tried doing Camp, but we were so busy I didn't have any time!

I'll try again this November.

My goal this year is to manage 17k words. xd.png I always try for 50, and fall short, so maybe if I push myself a little further each year, I can make it to 50k eventually. xd.png

I've got two plans to work with. I'll spend some time plotting out a story I haven't actually worked with properly in a long time, and see if I can work with that.

Or, I could simply "continue" a story I started previously. Like, I'd start my word count from zero, obviously, but I'd pick the story up at the point in time where my previous one left off.

I know your feel- I have to have the crush of a deadline/word count to keep me goingl. Nothing like being 3,000 words behind to get my thoughts flowing >__<

Same here. I always work better with a deadline, on everything. Without one I just sort of meander and eventually get there... or not.

I'm going to try again.

Last year I did the bad thing. Kept rereading and editing and got so fed up with it I quit.

*Checks* I had made it to 29,652 words.

I finished the year before, but there was more DC support then, on the IRC. Last year practically no one was on the IRC.

The year before a bunch of us would do like "15 minute word sprints" and that helped me reach my goal. Last year there were none.

Edited by Kanaye

Same here. I always work better with a deadline, on everything. Without one I just sort of meander and eventually get there... or not.

I'm going to try again.

Last year I did the bad thing. Kept rereading and editing and got so fed up with it I quit.

*Checks* I had made it to 29,652 words.

I finished the year before, but there was more DC support then, on the IRC. Last year practically no one was on the IRC.

The year before a bunch of us would do like "15 minute word sprints" and that helped me reach my goal. Last year there were none.

I wasn't active on DC at the time, so it was basically a month of me fighting the urge to obsess over every detail. I think this year I'll just bang it out on the keyboard with abandon, and not allow myself to stop until I reach the word quota for the day dry.gif

It's good to hear that DC has NaNo support, though, I may use that this year now that I'm back on (and hopefully I'll actually finish this time!)