Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

"Alright then," Jin nodded, walking over to Keith he placed his hand no the slightly shorter boy's forehead. He closed his eyes and Keith felt energy transfer between Jin's palm and hi forehead, followed by a mild burning sensation as a black mark resembling a tattoo appeared on his forehead (though of course he couldn't see this).

Jin grinned, giving Keith a firm punch to the chest, "you pass," he grinned, looking back to Cloud, "looks like you've got another reason to return to the village as quickly as we can, eh Sempai?"

He turned back to Keith, "you must have been in a different group than I was I don't remember you, although I wasn't always in the village for my... earlier days of training." Jin half grinned and scratched his head, "I'm sure you've heard of me though, most everyone did at one point... guess I made an impression, but that can be a good thing, at least I don't get invited to fancy parties." He grinned again, extending his hand to Keith, "welcome brother, and congratulations on your mission, I'm jealous."

The tattoo resembled something very familiar to the people of Azure. It only appeared for a short moment, but the symbol looked very much like the emblem of Azure Kingdom. It felt a bit painful, but it was nothing compared to the scars of war.

"Does that mean I get to officially come?" he asked excitedly, his hands on the strap of his bag. Jin answered him with a 'you pass', much to the trainee's delight. "I grew up in the secluded area of the village. You can consider it the province, so I guess that would be why" he answered politely, scratching the back of his head. "I don't think I've heard of you though, news barely travel our area" he added.

At that moment, Sei entered the room. He looked much better now, compared to howhe did before. Although it seemed like he was avoiding to look a Keith. The trainee on the other hand, just stared cluelessly. "Well... Let's head out now while it's still early" Sei smiled, picking up his things from the table.

Cloud nodded as Jin told them that Keith had passed the test, he had no doubts that he wouldn't but mabye finally that would make the other's happy now that he wasn't some lier. Sei entered but Cloud didn't even say hello to him at this stage, he was getting more wary of him by the passing minute.

"Yes, lets" He merely said not even looking over at Sei but just walk straight by him to head out to the stables where all his gear was, he would speak with the boy when the time was right..and also when he wasn't so close to killing him either, it would be a good idea to wait.

Jin walked over to Lucifer and shrugged, "I guess we're moving out, but don't worry, I'm not backing out of our agreement. Besides, we won't reach Azure in a day, we'll have plenty of opportunity to train. Also, there are a million cool things I'd love to show you once we get there, like the arena, and the obstacle courses," Jin continued to list several items and places that he would like to show Lucifer as he walked out the door. It was quite apparent that he was very eager to return to the one place he had ever called home after all this time.

"...maybe you can even come to my initiation ceremony," he suggested, nudging Cloud to make it clear that it was a question for him as much as a suggestion for Lucifer.

Alazne felt the smile on her face grow a little wider at the obvious surprise on Sei's face when she appeared, but she quickly turned a little more serious as he answered her question. "Oh, A-alazne... Where... Uhhh... I'm going to Arcaia. I'm supposed to have a relative there. I believe Cloud and the others are headed for Azure, which we have to pass by to get to Arcaia. I believe we'd also go through Viziel."

Nodding slowly at the boy, she allowed a small smile to appear on her face. "Going through Viziel, eh? They'll probably be surprised at seeing me again so soon..." Her words weren't more than a whisper, and she wasn't even planning on saying them out loud in the first place. But it was true; it hadn't been all that long since she set out, so it would be unexpected. Then again, she might not even meet anyone she knew, either. They didn't have to go through the capital itself, right?

She was roused from here thoughts by a wet feeling on her hand, and a look down drew a chuckle from her mouth. That wolf was really too cute... Her hand moved slightly to scratch him behind the ears, and she looked up when Maro spoke. "Where are you going Alazne?" She thought about the question for a short moment, but then smiled at the traveller. "I'm going along with this because of the same reason as you, I believe." Her free hand went up to touch her forehead slightly, and she frowned before she let her hand fall. "That is really curious. Apart from that, I guess I'll be visiting Viziel again."

Her eyes turned to Sei as he spoke again, and then nodded when he mentioned the Requiem, as they called it. "Yes, it really is curious..." She watched as Sei started to make his way back to the inn, before she glanced over at Maro. "We should get going, don't you think?" With those words she started to walk after Sei, her thoughts still lingering on the Requiem and the questions associated with it. She arrived at the inn just in time to see Cloud completely brush of Sei, being rather rude, and the frown appeared on her face again. Whatever he was mad about, he wasn't really being an adult about it.

Cloud sighed as he heard and felt the nudge from Jin, this was why he didn't get involved with ladies...

"I'll speak to the Elder's about it, but don't go making any promises" Cloud answered but all the same gave Jin a warm smile. The others had finally returned with Alazne with a frown on her face, Cloud thought mabye he should ask but then again whatever was bothering her was none of his bussiness.

((I'm having such failed posts lately.....UGH!))

It seemed the group was finally prepared to move out again, so Maro checked her things and made sure she had everything as Sei and Alazne went in to see the others. Maro herself didn't really feel like seeing the others at the moment, for she hadn't formulated how she was going to apologize for the misunderstanding... IF she was going to apologize. She had already decided that if Cloud seemed too uppity about it, she wouldn't even bother. After all, she wasn't the only one who didn't fully understand the situation; to her, Cloud had seemed quite ignorant and self-pitying.

"Well," she mumbled to her wolf who lay at her side, "I guess that's just a cultural difference." She wasn't sure if this was true, but she didn't much feel like dealing with people right then and so simply waited outside for the group. "We'll see what they say, won't we? And then we'll find out if... Keith?... is, um, a boy or a girl." She shifted on her feet, now curious about her own wondering. "Think about it," she told her wolf. "If he's a boy and I mistake him for a girl, he'll be insulted and belittled, but so far as I've seen that's what Cloud's been doing to Sei, so I'm sure Keith could survive it. Then again, if Keith is a girl... well, it would be a HUGE insult to call her a boy, as that would suggest I thought her unfeminine or masculine, which some girls don't like. So! Safety first, I guess we can assume she's a girl..." but Maro still wasn't sure, and she did so hate making mistakes. Another reason she didn't really like people. She frowned down at her wolf as he yawned.

"Well, they say wolves can smell the gender of a person, so which is it?" The wolf just stared at her, and she sighed again. In better spirits now, she made up her mind. "I'm going to pretend none of that happened," she said to the air. "I'll forgive Cloud for his rudeness but not verbally, I'll just act as though I have forgiven him. I won't apologize unless he sounds sorry. Doesn't that sound like something father would do?" She smiled and nodded to herself. "Of course, Maro, that's exactly what he taught you to do." "Why, of course Maro, I knew that." "Then why didn't I think of it earlier?" "Well, father hasn't contacted us in a long time. Speaking of which, we're going to pass by his place on our travels! Isn't that exciting?" She grinned, ruffling her wolf's coat. She then waited in silence, already more excited about the journey. It was an adventure, just what her father had wanted her to get in to. She was sure he had been drunk when he had sent her off (she could smell it on his breath), but he had never regretted it and neither had she. It was strange, though, as he usually only drank when he knew Maro would be gone a long time. He NEVER allowed her to drink, and she never wanted to. After all, there was room for nothing but survival when living on your own in the woods.

Lucifer watched as the strange mark appeared on Keith's forehead. It looked strangely familiar. Very familiar. She got a wierd feeling that she should know the symbol. But where had she seen it before? She grasped for the memory and hissed slightly in frustration as it wiggled out of her reach.

"...maybe you can even come to my initiation ceremony," Jin was saying. She laughed. "I thought you were already initiated. But sure, I'll come. Not like I have anything else to do." Which was true. She never did. Lucifer was, in a way, a robber. She lived in shady places, with shady people, dealing in shady objects. And of course, an occasional assassination. But that was rare as her services weren't exactly cheap. Only the truely desperate would hire her. Which meant that the rest of the time, she had nothing to do. Besides lazing around that is.

It was a quite comfortable life, although one frowned upon by most people. But Lucifer didn't really care though. Long as they left her alone, she'll leave them alone. "So, when are we going?"

"I'm already an initiate," Jin nodded as he walked after Cloud, heading towards the stable area. "But when I get back I'll become a full knight."

He grinned, "I think we're leaving now, on foot in our case," he indicated himself and Lucifer. "Blazer doesn't like strangers," he whispered, attempting not to be overheard by Cloud who was directly in front of them.

Lucifer smiled, "Guess your excited huh." She stroked Lorkin lovingly. "We can ride double if you like." Looking down at him and giving him a stern look when he shook his head, snuffling. "He won't mind. Won't he now?" The panther huffed and glared back at her but made no further attempts at protesting.

"Wut else are we gonna do?" She asked, curious. Hopefully, there'll be lots of excitement. Or at least some action of sorts. Maybe some business...

((Please look in the OOC thread for my post))

~

A dream. A glimmer. A melody. Something just beyond her reach.....

But as she tried to grasp it, it fell away and she was falling too... rush.

~

Nixa Hawthorne jolted awake. What the heck was that?

Eyes open wide, she stared at the ceiling. "Oh geez..... what happened... It feels like I've been inactive for a couple months."

She started to take in her surroundings. It seemed like a stereotypical inn room, with a chest, a bed which she was currently lying in, and a window. I'm in a inn.. I was traveling through the forest, right? With some other people... after being woken up or something... and a mark? She shook her head, making a note of how her hair was tangled. No that must have been a dream you idiot, you're safe, nothing weird happened.

And a stable. And a wolf. And a panther. And red hair. And a boy with brown eyes.

Memories of what had happened came rushing back. It's true that you're safe, but the weird stuff.... her mind whispered to her.

"Oh geez, that wasn't a dream was it, that actually happened." Nixa caught her breath, hearing her whispered voice rise in panic. "Just how long have I been sleeping!"

Well, only one way to find out. The window had curtains pulled in front, so she hastily put on her boots and made her way over. "Hrmm.... midmorning? Why did I even check, I'm not good with sunlight time of day.... things." Well, it's not night, she thought sarcastically.

So I traveled with.. Maro and Cloud... and then some thieves and Sei and Vei... and I stopped a potential fight.... Oh that right some other people. Panther girl and eyepatch boy. And I rode on.. a horse... Blazer. He had wings. And then we reached the village and and this inn, and I dozed off and went to bed. Yeah that's it.

For a second she felt stupidly proud of herself for remembering.

"Kiya-Kuma idiot" she grumbled, mentally slapping herself. Suddenly she really wanted answers. Reaching inside one of the many pockets in her cloak, Nixa pulled out a small comb and began absentmindedly brushing her hair, humming to herself as she watched the street view from the window. Turning away, she pocketed the comb and crossed the room to open the door. Closing it behind her, she made her way to the stairs and stopped.

If they left without me I'm tracking them down and using the Fire Claws.

But that was not the case as she heard a familiar voice from where she had paused on the top step. The stairs were rather noisy as she headed down, and she was reminded crossly of the dorm's steps. These weren't as bad as those, but they definitely came close. The first person she saw was Sei, with another woman she didn't know... or maybe didn't remember.

"Um..." she whispered. Well, I have to do better then that.

"Sei? Er... I'm awake.. as you can probably see. How long was I out?"

"... Now that I think of it... I guess about a day" Sei answered unsurely as he took out Vei from the stable. Everyone seemed ready for departure. Equipments were packed, weapons were ready (except Sei who doesn't own one, and Kei who doesn't seem to be carrying one), everything seems to be set. "We should be able to get to the next village for about half a day. Or a day..." he paused for a while and sounded worried. I heard there's an epidemic there right now... Maybe we should go around it...? But... It might hold us back... he sighed at that thougt.

The group resumed their journey as soon as everyone was out. There was barely any people outside, mostly because it was too early in the morning. The sun was barely out. Some were just getting their stores ready for the day, some were watering their plants, and others were doing their morning exercise. On their way, Keith went closer to Nixa to introduce himself. "Er... You may not know me... But I'm Keith. Keith Azerith, ya may call me Kei, and I'm an Azure Knight in-training" he said, scratching the back of his head. He looked rather confused after what happened earlier, not that it bothers him.

After passing by the last building of the town, was another forest. It was of course, filled with tall trees. For some reason, it was a bit quite in said forest. This forest has less animals compared to Kevia's, the one where the group have gone through. As the travelers went on, the trees along the was seemed to have lessened. The ground looked dry and bare. Even the animals around those parts are different. There were some vultures in the sky and sometimes, a fox or two would peek out from behind a tree.

"... Heeey.... What's that...?" Keith pointed to his right. Sei turned to that direction and looked dumbfounded at the scene. He immediately rushed toward 'it, followed by Vei and Kei from behind. "A-are you ok?" Sei asked as he knelt down. In front of him was a girl, lying down unconcious. She had a long, straight, green hair which almost covers her whole back. The girl was wearing a plain looking white dress. "...Uh... Mmmm..." she groaned, her eyes twitched. She seemed to be close to waking up...

Lucifer swiftly followed after the trio and bent down on one knee. Looking at the girl, she nudged her arm with the flat of her scimitar. This was quite interesting. The girl appeared to be quite shaken up. Wearing a plain dress with long green hair, she wasn't bad looking either. A dozen scenarios raced through her brain, none of them pleasant. Quickly pushing them away, she continued assessing her. Lorkin padded up quietly behind her and peered over her shoulder. After making sure that nothing was going to harm his mistress, he crept a bit closer. The panther tipped his head to one side, curious.

He poked her hand gently with his nose, snuffling. Lucifer laughed and ran her fingers through the shaggy fur around his neck. Seeing that the girl was close to awake, she bent down and whispered quickly in her ear, "Who are you?" Often, when a person was like this, not quite awake yet, they would automatically respond.

Jin followed after the group as they left the town, and with great relief they finally came to the forest. It was so much quieter than the town, there were less people, less noises, fewer pieces of metal...

His mind snapped back to the present as he noticed that the group was outdistancing him and apparently had found something interesting. He rushed ahead to see but everyone was crowding around, so he climbed a nearby tree and hung upside down from one of the branches, dropping himself into the center of the group.

a girl, or woman I guess, I always did wonder where the difference was... he absently thought. It looked like she was about to wake up, and Lucifer asked her her name.

That was a good question, along with, why are you here, who knocked you out, sleeping in the middle of the forest is dangerous... and so on. But as he wasn't good with people in the first place, Jin was satisfied to just hang upside down several feet above the person and wait to hear her answer...

As she opened her dark green eyes, the girl suddenly shot up as if in a panic. Her face didin't tell much, especially her eyes. They seemed lifeless, a diffent kind of lifelessness from Sephil. "Where are they? Are they still following?!" she said in a soft, yet panicked voice. Sei and Keith looked at each other, and then looked at the others. They all looked confused and turned to the girl. She didn't seem to have heard Lucifer's question. After all, she was still somewhat unconcious during that moment.

Keith patted the girl's shoulder, trying to clam her down. "No one's following you... As far as we can see. I'm Keith Azerith by the way, Azure knight in-training... The one who found you is... uh..." he paused for a while trying to figure out Sei's name. Somehow, he forgot it, or rather, they've barely interacted to know each other well. Sei sighed and continued Keith's sentence. "Sei. It's Sei Raynard".

"Thank goodness..." she muttered softly to herself. The girl stared blankly in a straight direction, not even trying to take a glance at Sei or Keith. "I am Sora Velsha, pleased to make your acquaintance" she answered in a polite tone. Sora tried to stand up, supported by her arms. She almost fell if not for Sei who helped her out.

Maro frowned, watching from a distance as the girl woke up and Sei and Keith introduced themselves. She had decided that she and her wolf best keep back since they were long ranged and really no one had any idea how the girl would react. Now Maro squinted as the girl sat up. She frowned, finding something strange about the girl... is she blind?

Maro blinked in surprise. It seemed that way. Her eyes were different and she didn't acknowledge Sei or Keith's presence with even a glance. Maro frowned, wondering who she had been running from...

Oh, but leave it up to Cloud for interrogations, since he's so good with people and has been in the most wonderful mood recently. He'll probably treat her like a queen, seeing as she's female...

Maro crossed her arms but a moment later found herself bending down to grab hold of her wolf as he suddenly growled and lunged towards the girl. "Hushup, silly mutt," she muttered, pulling him back by his scruff. "Stay." He looked at her with some aloofness, but obeyed and did not move. Though he had been growling, his tail was wagging with excitement and he stared at the newcomer, eyes wide with anticipation. He hadn't meant her any harm, Maro knew; he just growled to greet some people, and that was the way wolf hybrids were.

Jin dropped to the ground on his hands and then dropped further and got to his feet, eager to meet the new, strange lady who had fallen asleep in the midst of the forest while apparently being chased.

"I'm Jinjekkia, also Azure Knight in training, nice to meet you!" he smiled brightly, "What kingdom are you from? Who was chasing you? You're not wounded are you?" the questions sort of spilled out of his mouth in a semi organized fashion as he stood a few feet from her.

Lucifer watched as Keith and Sei introduced themselves. She still didn't trust Kei. Something felt very wrong about him and when that mark appeared. Although nobody else seemed to have a problem with it. Laughing slightly when Jin dropped down to the ground to talk, she eased forward too. But as she watched him introduce himself, she felt a strange pang. Was she jealous? Stupid. She snapped inwardly, He's just being nice.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Lucifer decided to introduce herself too. And Lorkin of course, a rumbling noise by her side reminded her. He seemed to have a wierd ability to sense what she was thinking. "Woah, you're gonna scare her with all those questions." She grinned, punching Jin playfully. "I'm Lucifer. Err... I guess you could call me a gypsy of sorts... And this is Lorkin." She wasn't really sure if she counted as one or not. She had grown up with them and lived with them but hadn't really felt like she had belonged.

Lorkin started forward, his nose twitching curiously. Lucifer quickly grasped his scruff and pulled backwards. Strangely, that girl with the wolf she had been fighting with before were doing the same thing. "No, Hon. Don't do that."

Cloud waited as the others rushed over to this green haired girl whom seemed to have came around after a small amount of fussing from Kei and Sei, the rest were currently interducing themselves to her. He had remained quite during the journey from the town they were staying in, his mind was on Azure and finally returning there again. He hadn't been gone that long at all, two weeks top's but it was his home and deep down he always had a deep worry that one day he would return but only to find it gone.

"Cloud Hunt, and this is Blazer" He said not even giving his grand fancy words or anything, he reserved that for people with deep pockets who wanted certain things done for them. It always impressed them more for some strange reason.

"Who was following you?" He questioned as his gut flared with uneasyness about the whole thing. The girl had such dead eyes in her head, even Sephil's had more life than her ones. If she was telling the truth or mabye she was just dazed, either way Cloud needed to know as he wasn't going to trust anyone that smelt wrong.

"Pleased to meet you all then" she answered with a smile. She didn't glance at anyone again, still looking straight ahead. Not that anything was there. The girl fidgeted a little before answering the travelers. "This may sound rude but... Will you please help me? I came from Silphe Village, just past this forest... I was chased down by Gresia Knights and---" before she could continue speaking, Sei froze, Keith glared and cut in. "Whoa. Wait. Gresia Knights...? Did you say Gresia knights? Does that mean they're invading the east of Mesria as well" he asked in a serious tone. The girl nodded and answered him back. "I don't really know... I do know that they're closing in, but they have not conquered the villages and towns before us... They just appeared in the village one day" she answered. "And then they chased you?" Sei continued. The girl nodded again, it was evidednt that she had a sad expression in her face. "... That's why I ask of your assistance. I have been in hiding for almost a week now.... Many people could die while I'm not present... I cannot offer much but food and lodging... And I shall explain everything when we get there"

"Ummm... I understand... But something's kinda bothering me" Sei answered and waved his hand in front of Sora. She didn't react or even blink. Come to think of it, she hadn't blinked since she woke up. "Erm... Are you... Uhhh... Blind?" Sei asked trying to not offend her. The girl gave him a warm smile and answered. "I cannot see. But there are things I see which others cannot" she answered in her usual polite tone. Sei looked confused, but he decided not to dig deeper. For one thing, she did get away from some knights even under her condition...

"What kinds of things?" Jin interupted as the girl spoke of "other things" that she could "see" that others could not.

Normally Jin would have been more concerned about Greisha knights and why on earth they were all the way out here, especially if they were conquering as they came. Even so he didn't know a huge amount about the current state of things, he would leave that to Cloud. Jin hadn't paid much attention to the goings on in the world over the last five years, 3 at a monastery and 2 on his own to train, he hadn't cared because it didn't concern him, but a seer... not that did concern him.

"What kinds of things do you see that others cannot?" he asked again, more nicely this time, slightly regretting his previous tone.

Seers... they always put him on edge. It wasn't just him either, most Azure knights didn't like seers, ones born with the gift of some unnatural sight. It was probably because Azure had so many secrets, and they were very protective of them. A seer could be dangerous, he'd been taught to avoid interaction with them since he was young... and those lessons were hard to shake off.

Maro watched patiently from behind the group (about as far back as Cloud was) as the group introduced themselves. She said nothing and simply smiled as Lucifer said "and this is Lorkin."

Do they not realize she is blind? Maro shifted patiently and patted her dog on the head as the conversation continued.

"...Will you please help me? I came from Silphe Village, just past this forest... I was chased down by Gresia Knights and---" "Whoa. Wait. Gresia Knights...? Did you say Gresia knights? Does that mean they're invading the east of Mesria as well?"

Maro frowned. She hated war, hated fighting. Conquering only served to kill people and was only done by the greedy. Very few people conquered for the good of the ones they were conquering, her father had said. They sometimes conquered for the good of their own people, but not that often.

"... I do know that they're closing in, but they have not conquered the villages and towns before us... They just appeared in the village one day." "And then they chased you?"

Maro felt bad for the girl as she nodded sadly. Maro wondered if she had lost any of her family that day. Maro remembered the day she had first lost her family...

"... That's why I ask of your assistance. I have been in hiding for almost a week now.... many people could die while I'm not present... I cannot offer much but food and lodging... And I shall explain everything when we get there."

Maro was quite interested now. Many people could die? She decided the girl must be quite important and immediately decided to help her.

"Ummm... I understand... But something's kinda bothering me," Sei was saying. Maro smirked as Sei waved his hand in front of the girl.

"Erm... Are you... Uhhh... Blind?" Maro smiled just as the new girl did.

"I cannot see. But there are things I see which others cannot."

Maro stepped forwards, deciding that now was the time for introductions, when suddenly Jin spoke. "What kinds of things? What kinds of things do you see that others cannot?"

Maro watched the conversation continue quietly.

Edited by LadyNatasha

This was bad...this was really bad! A possible invasion on the eastern side of the country, this was putting the small kingdom of Azure perhaps in danger and that meant that this was serious stuff now. He felt a small shiver in his spine when Sora said she could see things others could not, Azure people didn't like such people with gifts that could mean secrets could be revealed.

"How do we know you ain't some trap, leading us right into their hands?!"

He demanded this, he was disliking the girl by the second. She could somehow out-fox Knights, could possible see things that none of them could ever imagine and was blind....even Blazer was slightly uneasy as he felt the unease of his rider.

((She already said her name. It's Sora))

Hmm... Something is wrong here... Why would Gresia attack a mere village to the extent ot sending a small troop...? They even skipped conquering closer towns... If their goal was to take Silphe, then they should have taken the closer towns first, after all, the area around Silphe is still Mesria territory and can easily be taken back... Unless...

Sei pondered when Jin suddenly spoke.

"I believe it is best if the village chief answers your question..." she answered Jin with a frown.

"How do we know you ain't some trap, leading us right into their hands?!"

"Ummm... Cloud..." Sei answered in a soft voice. He tried his best to pick the right words to use. After all, they're not exactly on good terms. "We've just met her right...? So why would Sora do that? Besides, it's not like anyone is after us right? unless it's those guys from town... Or those bandits... But I doubt that..." he continued in a weak voice, muttering the last parts. Sei turned to Sora and continued speaking. "Plus, passing through Silphe Village is the fastest route. Although I was having second thoughts... Since there is an epidemic..." he added. "Wait, what epidemic?" Keith blurted out sounding curious. Sei flinched the moment he spoke as if he was surprised or scared of the boy. "... Uh... I don't really know... But I've just heard about it..." he answered with his usual weak voice.

"And that is why I have to get there!" Sora exclaimed sounding desperate. Sei sighed before speaking again. He turned to the girl and spoke. "Well. Silphe's our best bet... It's an okay for me to pass there. Plus, free food and lodging will cut our expenses. How bout you guys?" he asked. "Meh. I'm just following. Whatever's your choice" Keith answered.

((ooooooops, missed that O.O Guess it's kinda critical xd.png Okay, edited))

Maro smiled and nodded at Sei's words. It certainly sounded good to have free lodging and food and shelter. She had rolled her eyes at Cloud's words; did he really think he was so important that a little blind girl and her group of thugs (which didn't exist) would try to capture or kill him? Did he think he couldn't handle himself if they did? Oh well, it wasn't any of her business.

She smiled brightly to Sora, even though Sora couldn't see it. "I think it's a good idea," Maro said. "If Sora can help those people, we should get her there as soon as possible!" As though agreeing, Maro's wolf let out a bark and wagged its tail. It looked at Lorkin, tail still wagging, as though asking if he also agreed. Maro shifted nervously, not wanting her wolf to get himself into another fight with the larger cat.