Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

Lucifer groaned in annoyance. The battle was over. She sighed and was about to jump down into the canyon to the others when she heard a voice. "Hurry up." A harsh voice said. It was followed by loud, ragged breathing. From what she could hear, she estimated at least 3 people. It must be the remaining knights. After a few minutes, she spotted a head.

"A bit further..." Lucifer muttered, feeling bloodlust rise inside her. It was so strong that it was like a hunger. But it was never satisfied. She smiled, her pointed teeth glinting in the sun. This was when she felt most feral, almost animal like. Getting up from her rock slightly, she remained in a crouching position. Inwardly, she laughed as she realized what she had done instinctively. Years of living with just a panther had her behaving like one.

Finally, after what felt like forever, one of the knights finally crawled up the ledge. His helmet had fallen, and his armour hanging on by only a few links. Before he could react, Lucifer launched herself forward. Her hair whipped through the air, lighting itself on fire. It smacked him in the face, burning as she ripped through his throat with her bare hands. She winced and wiggled her fingers. They popped several times. The girl laughed, a slightly maniacal sound and got up to face the others.

The first knight lay on the ground, bleeding. A large bloody hole was in the middle of his throat as he gasped in vain for air. His face was a burnt black mess and he emited a strange whistling noise as he tried to scream. Lucifer raced into the other ones, taking out her scimitar this time.

His sword was dripping with the blood of the other Knights, his body was pumping and his pulse was racing as it would whenever he was in battle but this one had been so short that he wanted more. He watched as three ran away but he heard the anguish screams of one, it seemed that Jin and Lucifer were doing their jobs. By now the group that had been fighting had rallied around Sora who seemed to be frightened out of her wits. Cloud stood where he was, his body was quivering with delight as he got rid of some of the pent up energy that had been built up in his body.

"Sora! Do you realise how worried you have anyone?"

He demanded from the girl as he stalked towards them, his eyes still looked dangerous and he was still on edge. His eyes flashed towards the guy that was meant to be protecting her...

"And you..."

He growled, the words hissed out of his mouth with such hatred, he still held the sword aloft.

"Just who the hell you think you are dragging her away like that without telling anyone?"

Tobias was still hugging Kou when he heard someone. Surprised, he turned around and saw the red headed knight. He held his hands out wide and said; "Hey! Don't go accusing people on things when you don't know the half of it. I may not be able to do anything, but if I can defend my brother, then I would die with my head held high."

After his little speech, Tobias was taken back. Whoa! I never said that before. What's gotten into me? I've never spoken like that before. Wow! The training works.

Jin watched as Lucifer ripped into one of the three that had retreated their direction. He had been hidden as they passed by and allowed them to head in her direction. Now one was at the bottom of the canyon, one in the middle still on the wall, and the other, who had just made it to her, was now on the ground bleeding, nearly dead.

Jin stepped out of hiding as the one at the bottom of the canyon turned and ran right into him, for he had been staring up in horror at Lucifer. Jin took a steady breath as he hugged the man, turning him so that Jin's back was to Lucifer. Jin shoved the man against the canyon wall and took off his eye-patch.

"see..."

The knight, now staring at him, began to draw his sword, a horrified look in his eyes.

Jin took two slow steps forward until he was in striking range. He knew that one enemy would only arouse his darker nature, only entice him to find a new opponent, and since there were to be none, he had to play a more dangerous card in order to keep from becoming dangerous to the others...

"feel..."

The knight swung his sword. Jin dodged and struck in the same motion. In one hand he caught the man's blade, instantly shattering his purple armor and sliding up his arm, cutting his forearm and then into his shoulder. The same hand now held the knight's wrist, keeping him from cutting any deeper. The knight seemed almost relieved with his successful blow, that is until he realized he was unable to move. He glanced down at his own chest...

Jin's left hand had found it's mark and his open palm was pressed tightly into the man's body. "There's your bridge... now go and return satisfied!"

Jin stood that way for a full two minutes, plenty of time for Lucifer to finish off the last knight, maybe even enough for her to wonder what it was he was doing. Then suddenly he stepped back from the knight and said something a bit odd, "now you know what I feel like every day, barbarian."

Jin removed his palm from the man's chest and reattached his eye-patch to his face, turning on his heel as the corpse (now behind him), dissolved into the wind.

"Quite done having fun my dear?" he asked Lucifer. "Incredible ferocity, I think even Lorkin would be put to shame, now all you need is a tail yes?" he joked with a smile. He was purposely ignoring his bloodied arm and seemed content to let the open wounds flow with blood for a bit longer, "please don't mind the scratches, they serve their own purpose"

"Ah! Toby? Since when did ya get back?" Kou smiled as the Student hugged him. "And you didn't seem to have grown a bit either!" he laughed, turning to Sora who also seemed surprised at the return of an old friend.

"U-um... What's going on he---" Sei spoke, but before he could finished, he was interrupted by Cloud's sudden outburst.

"Just who the hell you think you are dragging her away like that without telling anyone?"

"Hey! Don't go accusing people on things when you don't know the half of it. I may not be able to do anything, but if I can defend my brother, then I would die with my head held high."

At that moment, Kou's smile was wiped off and was replaced by a serious look. He weakly shoved Tobias and smiled at him. Kou then turned to Cloud. "Hey. Chill. I told you I was going to explain. I've heard about you guys from Sora and I appreciate what ya have done..." He sighed and sat down on a rock before continuing.

"I was gonna ask Sora to come with me last night... But apparently, some Gresia dudes attacked. So I had to drag her to run from them, and as you see now, we're on the run"

After Kou finished talking, Tobias said; "I've been here for 10 minutes, maybe." Then, he blushed because he never did like being called short, and he started to stutter. "You-you-you kkknnow I-i-i don't llllike to be c-c-called sh-sh-short." He snapped out of the stuttering and said; "I'm feet tall anyways with my hair." Tobias smiled a little from his joke.

He looked over and saw Sora. He walked over to her and gave her a hug while whispering something into her ear. "It's good to see you again. You've grown since the last time. I'm still as short as ever." After whispering that into her ear, Tobias let go and walked over to a rock on the opposite side of Kou and sat down. I thought I was the only one that was supposed to be chased.

Tobias snapped his fingers, and a flame ball appeared, then he snapped them again, and it dissapeared. He did this constantly and finally said, inadvertantly outloud; "I wonder if I do this constantly, will it grow? Hmmm?"

Lucifer glared at the knight. He sure had a lot of nerve for someone with no skill or strength. Though there was obviously no way out, especially after seeing the first one turned into a corpse, he still tried. He had dirty blonde hair, though it was hard to tell with all the blood on him, dark brown eyes, and his armour was mostly intact. The man tried to rush past her but she easily stepped into his path, stopping him cold.

He stared at her, not sure whether to try again or to run in the other direction. "Too slow." Lucifer hissed and delivered a roundhouse kick to his face. The knight crashed to the ground with a broken nose. As he did so, he threw what was left of his shield at her. She darted out of the way quickly but the edge still sliced into her shoulder as it flew by. Blood gushed out rapidly, propelled by the force of her fury.

Not even attempting to stop the wound, Lucifer leaped into the air. Her scimitar lit on fire, the blade blazing. The knight screamed as she spiraled back down, head first. The point drove into his chest, shattering the chain mail. It broke into a thousand burnt pieces as he died. She twisted and did a flip, landing back onto her feet. The girl wrenched out the turkish sword in the same movement and whirled around to stare down at him.

She smiled coldly as he twitched one last time before releasing his soul. Lucifer turned around to see Jin finishing off the last knight. The bloodlust was slowly fading and her eyes, which had turned red in her fury, returned to their normal state. She wiped off the blood from her sword on the ground and sheathed it.

"Quite done having fun my dear?" Jin asked, "Incredible ferocity, I think even Lorkin would be put to shame, now all you need is a tail yes?" He smiled jokingly.

Lucifer laughed. "Unfortunately yes." She unraveled a tiny length of her whip and let it dangle out behind her. "I already has one Hon." She looked down at the long, bloody furrow on her shoulder. It was already clotting. "Shall we get back to the other now?"

"Heh," Jin winked, or did he blink? It's hard to tell when you can only see one eye. "yeah I suppose we should see if they managed to stay intact without us." Jin moved to the opposite side of Lucifer so that his bloody arm wouldn't brush onto her. They made quite the pair, both walking back with grins and bloody arms on opposite sides. "So, does that count as our first date? it was enjoyable if not short and to the point."

"No one left Sempai," Jin called to Cloud, "business taken care of, you?" he questioned, knowing full well that Cloud hadn't had any trouble with the knights, but that wasn't the business to which he was referring.

Jin moved to the side to allow Lorkin passage to his master, he looked like he could use a touch of Lucifer's healing. But the panther had held his own remarkably well, taking a hit when it couldn't be avoided, but not shrinking from the battle because of it. Jin began to have a little more respect for the large feline furballl.

Edited by Rakashua

Lucifer rested her arm on Jin's uninjured shoulder. "Perhaps." She smiled coyly and ruffled his hair. It had flecks of drying blood in it that flew out when she did so. As she they walked back down, she saw Lorkin. Dashing forward, she looked through his wounds. They weren't too severe, except for a long gash across his back. She lightly showered him with water, washing the and gore away. "There's my handsome baby." She laughed, unable to stop herself.

The panther looked half-drowned, his fur plastered to his skin. He shook himself off, sending the mingled blood and liquid everywhere. It didn't help though, for after the water was gone, the fur just puffed up. He looked like a big furball. Lucifer smiled and gave him a hug. Lorkin just gave her a disgruntled glare. He didn't like water.

The girl sat down on a rock and watched as Jin and Cloud talked. She felt a small burst of energy close by and looked around. It was that new boy, making tiny fireballs. "I wonder if I do this constantly, will it grow? Hmmm?" He said to himself.

Lucifer smiled, amused. She got up and walked towards him, ignoring the fact that she was covered in blood. Mainly from Lorkin's shower. "You've gotta put more energy dude." She laughed. "But not too much. Fire is an element that's not easily controled."

Tobias continued to flick his fingers when he heard someone from behind him. "You've gotta put more energy dude." She laughed. "But not too much. Fire is an element that's not easily controled." Tobias turned around and nearly fell off the rock. His eyes went bugeyed, and he looked freaked out. Calm down Tobias. We just fought. It's natural that someone would be covered in blood. "Um, all right. I'll try that."

He outstretches his right arm with his hand fully open. He takes his left hand and puts it on his right wrist and closes his eyes, concentrating. After a few minutes a small fireball forms, and Tobias opens his eyes. He sighes then says; "The mages at Cuerdia tried to tell me the same thing, and everytime it's the same result, This."

He lowers his head and sighes, loudly. "I've tried everything that I know, and nothing works." I'm useless. I can't even make a decent sized fireball.

Edited by dragoon1234

Cloud opened his mouth to give the boy a fine telling off when he heard Jin behind him, he had totally forgotten about them and the Knights had even gone there way. For the second he paused to think about this, all that built up energy he had was gone and was instead replaced by worrying that mabye he had been injured. He jogged quickly over to him, without saying a thing about any worry's for him, Cloud on the sly allowed his eyes to fly over Jin in an attempt to find injury. To his relief none.

"Wouldn't except anything less from an Azure Knight In Training, and yes, it has been settled but I wouldn't mind taking a swipe at loud mouth over there"

Cloud said, pointing behind him with his middle finger to the group and the boy that had talked back to him. He looked over at Lucifer and her panther, neither seemed to be harmed as well but there was a nagging question that Cloud just had to ask Jin. He pulled him by the arm closer so she couldn't hear him asking,

"So you fancy her, don't you? Just remember who we are and our purpose..its my job to inform you of that and also to make you aware of such relantionships that may only benefit one of the two people within in it. Just remember, if you wish for her to enter the village, she may never leave again....now leaving behind your teacher, I say this as a friend....Good man!"

Cloud said, giving him a punch on the shoulder.

Lucifer tipped her head to one side, thinking. As she did so, blood dripped off her hair in steady, rythmic drops. Splattering as it hit the ground. Soon, the grass was stained with the scarlet red color of death. "Hmmm... Try this." She held out one hand a made a small fireball, the same size as the boy's. Only her's had swirls of black inside. Then, she held out the other and did the same. Concentrating, she clasped her hands together loosely, leaving a space in between. The two flames merged into a bigger one, the tongues of fire slipping out from between her fingers.

The girl dropped her left hand and showed him the right one. The flame was bigger than before, and was mostly black. Lucifer looked at it for a secound before closing her hand. It disappeared, leaving behind only whisps of smoke. "Err... Your's will be more... normal looking." She said sheepishly, brushing off her fingers. "That only happens to me." Lorkin bumped his nose against her leg reasurringly and she stroked the top of his head. He didnt mind her sticky fingers.

"I'm Lucifer by the way." She grinned as she suddenly noticed the bug-eyed look in the boy's eyes. "And this is Lorkin." The panther glared at him threateningly before sitting down next to his mistress. "He's really a big furball. Aren't you now?" Lucifer cooed, bending down and scratching behind his ears. He purred contently, choosing to ignore the remark.

Tobias did the same. He made a flame in both hands, and then he combined them. The flame grew, a little. It wasen't as big as Lucifers, but it did grow. A breeze came around, but the fireball didn't disappear. Instead it turned blue. Hellfire? Interesting!! I wonder what this will do?

Tobias looked back up and said; "Thanks. My names Tobias. I should try this more." Tobias continued to snap his fingers and make the fireballs and combined them with the bigger one. "Huh? It's blue? That's weird. What's with that?" He looks up at Lucifer for an answer.

Before Lucifer answered, Tobias looked at Lorkin, and his stomach was doing summersaults. "He-he-he's not goooiiinnnggg to bite. I-i-is he?" Clearly Tobias was scared.

Lucifer shrugged. "I dunno. Mine's black cause well... that's really none of your business." She lit up another ball of fire. The usual swirls moved around inside, as if waiting for the day it could break free. She shuddered. She hated to think what would happen if it did. That would be really bad... for everybody. Not just her.

Lorkin panted and swished his tail against her legs. He bared his teeth at Tobias, blood still crusted between them from the battle. "No he won't." Lucifer said sternly, looking down. "He's just teasing ya." She flicked his right ear and it twitched slightly. The panther looked up at her. I was just playing. He whispered in her mind. Are you angry? I'm sorry. He gave a little whine at the last part, as if emphasizing it.

No Sweetie, I knew that. But he doesn't. She replied. The girl ruffled his fur affectionately. "He won't hurt you unless I tell him to. And you won't gimme any reason to do that, will you now?" Lucifer gave him a crooked grin, knowing that most people disliked the look of such a large feline. Especially after watching it kill.

Edited by Altiboris

Tobias shruged at Lucifers comment. To each their own, I guess. "I'm not going to pry. I'm just curious about this. It's..." Tobias pauses for a moment, thinking of a word. "....disturbing." Maybe that's why the mages told me to leave. "Well this isn't going anywhere."

Tobias looked at Lorkin again. "He's teasing? Is he friendly? Can I pet him?" Tobias looked down and started shaking. "I was attacked by too many creatures to even think about giving you a reason, even though that could be a reason..." His voice trailed off with the last few words. "That's where I got this actually." He moves his hair and shows the scar. It looked like a lowercase t.

"So, how long have you and....Lorkin been together if I may ask?"

Jin smiled back at Cloud, it was partly a true smile since he was glad to see his Sensei uninjured and in better spirits, but it was also partly forced as Cloud began to lecture him.

Jin nodded, his face turning a bit more serious as Cloud finished speaking. "I know... and I... yes guilty as charged I do... fancy her as you put it." Jin was stumbling over his words, something he wasn't known for doing, even if he had only rarely spoken to other people in two years.

"I understand," he nodded, knowing the consequences for her and for him. "Sempai..." he spoke quietly, "I've never... fancied" he used the word as if it was only his second time saying it... which it was. "Someone before, not like this. I don't... I'm not sure what to do. I've only ever read about love and falling in love, if this is what that is, in books and they seemed rather... fake." He shrugged, blushing a bit at his lack of knowledge or how to express himself, "I know you've... fancied others in the past, how do you recommend I proceed?"

Normally Jin was against asking for advice, most things were common sense to him, most others he could learn himself, or in the end he learned the hard way through failure. All were options better than asking for advice, at least in his mind, because that was what these last two years of self training were about. Still... Jin felt strongly about this topic and didn't want to learn by failing where Lucifer was involved.

He idly watched her and Lorkin out of the corner of his eye as she spoke with the new guy, well... one of them. The eye beneath his patch burned for a moment, jealousy? He grinned, turning back to Cloud, "I'm ridiculous aren't I?" It certainly was ridiculous to be Jealous that she was talking with someone else... a young looking boy no less... on the other hand Jin was completely knew at this, maybe it wasn't as ridiculous as he thought.

Edited by Rakashua

Lucifer shrugged, still stroking his fur. "I dunno. 'Bout couple years. Can't remember anymore." She buried her face in his still slightly puffy fur. "We dun't usually hang around other people so he's been all the company I've needed." Lorkin snuffled and licked her cheek. But I guess that's gonna change. She thought to herself nervously, glancing back at Jin. To her surprise, he was looking at her too.

Wonder if this is right... Lucifer wondered, spacing out. She had never planned or forsaw anything like this happening. Ever. She had just thought she would live with Lorkin in the wilderness til she died. Probably get stabbed or something. The kingdoms were so unpredictable when it came to war. She had even thought she would be stuck in that horrible sorceror's dungeon for the rest of her life. But not this. Does he feel like this as well? She thought, still staring off into the distance. Lorkin nudged her hand and she looked down.

He didn't like others competing for her attention. Especially when she didn't seem to mind giving it. "Dun't be silly now." Lucifer laughed softly and wrapped her arms around him. She then realized how dirty she looked. And how much blood and gore was everywhere. "Huh... Guess I should clean up." She tried to summon another shower of water like before. But this time, her thoughts were too confused to concentrate and a cascade of water crashed down over them, soaking everything around her.

"Oops." Lucifer muttered sheepishly. "Gotta work on that." She frowned as she noticed the black taint that was left behind as the water soaked into the ground. Lorkin shook his fur, annoyed at getting yet another shower. He hated getting wet.

Tobias was drinched from head to foot. His hair was a mess, but the fireball was still there. Spetacular, amazing, incredible. It Is hellfire. A fiery glint went into Tobiases eyes and quickly disappeared. He plopped up his finger, and the flame disappeared, then he looked at Lucifer and Lorkin.

Tobias couldn't help but smile. "You're strong, but your emotions are a mess. You're good at hiding your emotions. I wish I could do that." He gets up and shook off all the water from his robe. After that he took his hand and stroaked it though his hair, trying to get it straight again.

After that he walked over towards Kou but not before saying; "Thank you again for the help Madam Lucifer." He bowed, then walked over to Kou and sat down on a rock beside him. "How's my hair? Is it curled at the bottom?" Tobias sighed to himself because when his hair gets wet it twists at the bottom making him look like a girl from the back.

These guys... It almost feels like there's no war the way they act... Kou chuckled watching the travelers talk to each other. He just looked away when Tobias approached him. "Nah... It's okay" he answered with a sarcastic tone. "It's not like the enemies will stop to admire that" he joked.

From one corner, Sei watched everyone with a con fused look. He was confused of how things turned out. They just killed some guys right...? They're even soaked in blood... It was a strange scene, the way they had a normal conversation with blood everywhere. His pondering was interrupted when someone suddenly tapped his shoulder. He looked back, seeing a feminine figure. It was Keith. He was almost clean, just a few droplets of blood in the shirt. It could easily be mistaken as chocolate or ketchup stain. He smiled and approached Kou.

"Hey... You mentioned that 'you were gonna ask Sora to come with you last night'. I assume that means that even if the Gresia Knights didn't come to attack, you would've taken her away either way" Keith stated looking rather serious. Kou sighed and stood up. He took a quick glance at Sora and turned back to Keith. "I wouldn't take her if she didn't want to. I do admit that I was planning to take her with me for some time now" he answered. "Er... Why? Don't tell me he's running away with her because...!" Sei asked, coming closer to the two as he thought of typical reasons where these kinds of scenes are usually present. "Isn't it obvious?" Kou answered arrogantly, glaring at Sei. "... You like her?" Keith answered with an unsure tone. "Ye--- NO! That's not it!" Kou blushed. So did Sora.

"J-just look around! These Gresia Knights are after her! I was gonna hide her... Plus... There's the issue of..." He paused and looked down on the ground. "Issue of...?" Keith continued waiting for his response. "Ya know what? Let's just keep going. It's better if I'll just show you. Mesria's fate rests in this" Kou answered, looking away as he pulled Sora with him. She was blushing, though she was hiding her face.

The boy continued on a straight path. Not that there's much of it anyway, considering all the rocks and boulders blocking the path. Keith raised his shoulder and shrugged, following Kou. "Oh well.." he muttered. The katana on his hand, like how it appeared, disappeared with a black light. Sei looked around, seeing as he was about to beleft alone, followed them with a hesitant look...

((Oh, and for Tobias... I think to denote possession, it has to be Tobias'... As in Tobias' eyes. I might be wrong though xd.pngAnd Cuerdia is spelled wrong again tongue.gif))

Edited by Juzz

Tobias looked at Kou and chuckled a little after his comment. He knew Kou was only picking fun, but at the same time Tobias knew he needed to fix his hair. He opened his book, chaos necromancer as he liked to call it, and said "Suwensu." Some sort of gel came into his hand, and he applied it to his hair, smoothing it out.

Afterwards, Tobias looked up at Keith when he came around and asked his question, then he looked at Sora and Kou. Their expression changed, and Tobias knew what was going on. They're embarrassed, and it looks it too. Why won't you say it? You like each other. I don't care. He looked down and sighed.

Tobias was quiet when he followed the group because he was thinking. Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me? Why are they hiding it? I shouldn't talk like this. They think I may become jealous? NAH! I need to stop dwindling on these things. He continued to walk.

((Thanks Tuzz. You could say that's my achilles heel. laugh.gif ))

Cloud rubbed the back of his head as Jin asked for his help, he looked up into the sky searching for the answer that would help Jin in his search for happness and looked around again to see he was staring over at Tobias who was chatting to Lucifer. He smiled rather than chuckled as Jin spoke again.

"Is it ridiculous to love another? Of course not! Yes it may seem as if love is just something made up in books for people to read and dream about but it is true for many and most of us will find it....but....."

At this point Cloud paused unsure about how he should continue but then saw that this meant a lot to Jin and he could see this in Jin's eye with the way he stared at her as if his whole world spun around her. He had seen that look before but it had been in his own eyes.

"Take it from someone who has much experience in ladies......and life......let nothing stand in your way Jin"

He said the last part in a whole lot of confienced, he looked Jin in the eye so that he could see he meant every word that he had just said. Cloud had made mistakes in his past that had cost him dearly, he didn't want Jin to make the same mistakes as he had donw.

"Just remember to protect her with your life...and never to take her for ganted, there will come a day when she may no longer be around anymore.........we have time to worry about how the others will react to her....let me think on it"

Jin nodded, grateful for Cloud's advice. This was all too new to him for him to come up with a good plan of action on his own. But Cloud made it seem so simple, love her, protect her, and cherish the time I have with her... It seemed simple, but life had a funny way of making simple things into complicated things.

Seeing Tobias move away from Lucifer as everyone seemed to be following the other new guy, Kou was his name? Jin took his opportunity to walk back over to Lucifer. Now as has been established, Jin has never been good with words, he never considered himself... verbally literate, not in the ways that others were. But he had one thing going for him, he was always frank... or blunt is a good way of putting it. He intended to continue to be blunt, because dancing around in a conversation of words was all too much for him to comprehend. It had even taken him a few months to get used to sarcasm. He gritted his teeth as he approached.

"Hey Lucifer..." he began, trying to decide on which words in his rather unembellished vocabulary to use. "Our... relationship, if we continue... like this, will be... hard. I know you've told me some of your life's story, as I have mine, but neither of us said everything... So... if you... feel for me the same way I'm trying to understand that I do for you. If you're sure, then I need to tell you everything." Jin's face darkened slightly, "it's only fair you know what you're getting involved with... but not here, not now, for now let's just get this crisis over with and pretend to be happy. We'll talk later, alright?" Jin gave her a reassuring smile, though he didn't feel very reassuring at the moment.

Lucifer shook the water off her hair before staring at Jin with puzzled eyes. She really wasn't too bright sometimes. Especially when confused. "Wut's wrong? I thought we were fine." She smiled and ruffled his hair with one hand. Then, she looked at the ground for a secound. "Besides, I dun't really care or mind. There's some stuff I haven't told you about as well. It's a bit complicated." Actually, really complicated, she thought. She twisted her left leg up and rested it behind her right one absentmindly so she was standing on one foot. Something she did only when she was confused.

Then, she grinned again, "Course we'll talk. And we'll have that training session too." Lucifer aimed a playful punch at Jin's shoulder. She couldn't figure out what was it about him that made her feel so happy. And loose. Usually she was a pretty uptight person. But with him around, she had even talked to someone... voluntarily. Damn. I've changed a lot recently. She played with her whip, trying to figure out what was happening. Suddenly, it twisted around her finger, the steel coils refusing to let go.

"Wut the hell." Lucifer muttered, wrenching it free. That's not good. She pulled it from around her waist to inspect it but it was snatched from her hands. Before she could see what was happening, she was on her knees on the ground. The girl tried to get up, but she couldn't move.

"Hey, Lucifer! Let's go! Enemies might attack if we don't hurry" Keith called with a loud voice without even looking back. Sei was already almost out of breath and barely kept up with the group in front. "Kou... *huff* Is it still far...?" He said, pausing at almost every word to take in his breath. "Were almost there... Don't worry" he answered with a lazy tone.

"Something's sort of bothering me... How'd you know Sora was back in the village? She was gone for some time right...?" Keith suddenly asked, turning to Kou, who in turn, looked back with a bore look. "Easy. I used a beast. It's a small bird. Saw her with you guys that day" He answered, looking back at the path. "Seriously... Those guys... If only they listened to me, Sora would've been in our custody a lot earlier! But it seems like they just don't care..." He sighed, as he shook his head.

"... 'Those guys'...?" Sei muttered with a curious look. He said it loud enough that Kou heard it. He turned to Sei and looked annoyed, to which Sei answered back by looking down the ground as if he was a scared little puppy. Kou, chuckled and slapped Sei's back. "Hey there little guy! You're too delicate" he laughed, while Sei blushed in embarrassment. "Just thinking of 'those guys' annoys me ya know!" he added. "Seriously, I'm doing this for everyone... An 'he' might be in a worse condition than we think"

"He---" before Keith could ask, Kou continued to speak, cutting in Keith's answer. "We're rebels against Gresia ya know... Most of the people there are from the west of Mesria. I just joined a year ago" Kou paused for a while, making sure that Keith didn't take it in too much for Kou's 'cutting in'. Seeing that Keith was listening, and in fact, seemed to have forgotten his question, Kou continued. "They're annoying... Really... When I first joined, I was full of hope, they all seemed determined to fight... But now..." he sighed before continuing. "They've become a bunch of cowards... Hiding from the Gresia..."

Tobias was behind the main group of Kou and the others. He looked down and thought about his family. Father, sisters. I wonder how you are. It's been a very long time......5 years. I miss them, even Marissas sarcasm and jokes. I wonder if she still has dads sword. He looked up after he heard the others talking. He? I wonder who Kou's talking about, and Sora was gone? I hope nothing happened to her. She looks fine.

Who is he talking about? And that bird. OH!!! I hate ((OOC: Put emphasis on hate.)) that bird. It always tried to make a nest in my hair. Tobias was going to run up to Kou and ask where they were going, but he looked over and saw the river. It was just as beautiful as ever, clean, and serene. Tobias loved the river and always fished in it with his youngest sister, Tabatha. He came here on occasion with Kou and Sora, but not as much as with Tabatha. Tabatha... A tear went down his face, and he quickly removed it. He ran to the group.