Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

Cloud was so caught up with himself that he hadn't taken much hind as to who was walking in front of him, it was only when Jin blasted a sucker punch into his chest did he realise who it was. His rib cage vibrated as the blow landed but didn't brake and if they did........ xd.png Jin caught hold of his arms just below his shoulders to stop him from punching the living daylights out of him. For a second Cloud's face was of fury before he sighed and the tension in his body relaxed but it still remained there, waiting for its chance to be unleashed.

"Huph, should be me taking of you...not the other way around"

He said quitly looking at Jin, then just shock his hands off him.

"Lets hope danger comes our way then....I'm just dying to let rip" He growled, his face beaming with a grin with thoughts of war.

Sei and Keith gave off a schocked expression as the chif told them of Sora's sudden disappearance. They only snapped back in upon hearing Alazne shout out. As the girl gave the two a small smile, where Keith stared in with an ignorant look and Sei giving back a weak smile which says 'oh no... Another trouble...?'.

"I will help look. The more people, the better, no?"

"I'll help too!" Keith exclaimed with a serious tone and look. He turned to Sei who almost jumped at the moment. He sighed and replied softly "I-I'll do what I can...". The chief who was looking out the window sighed and looked back at them. "As much as I'd like to say 'this is our village's problem...'" he paused and sat down ina wooden chair close by. "... I can't... I am worried about Sora... And I know you guys are warriors... So... I appreciate your help"

Sei and the others went out the chief's house. Sei had a worried look on his face which was mixed with fear. 'Why did I join into this...? I'll just be a burden....'. "I think Lorkin might have some clue about wut happened. So just follow him."

"Good idea! That overgrown cat might be able to track her down" Keith smiled as he ran toward them. Sei slowly followed from behind looking stressed out.

Jin grinned, walking back towards Lucifer as he spoke over his shoulder to Cloud.

"Every knight needs a hearty pat on the chest every now and then," he nodded to himself, as if he'd made up the statement... which he had.

Jin folded his hands behind his head and stretched as he walked alongside Lucifer once more. "So what's he smelling?" he asked her, "bad guys, bad guy, lost girl... or tuna-fish?" he smiled at the last one.

Tobias was walking back to the village, and eventually got there. It was awhile since he had been back, about 2 years, and he was excited sort of. He was going to the chiefs home when he saw many people running from it. He was worried, but not enough to involve himself. He went into the hut and said; "Uncle. I'm home." The chief wasn't his uncle, but he had such a close bond that he called him his uncle.

Tobias looked around, worried, then asked; "Um... What's going on? Has something happened?" Tobias looked worried, concerned, and scared.

((OOC: Is the chief an NPC char?))

If he is: The chief looks over at Tobias and frowns. "Sora's missing. She was rescued by a group of warriors, but she went missing again. They followed a big cat that way." He points in the area the group went. Tobias grabs his book and quickly runs to the canyon, passing the boy and girl along the way. He gets to the canyon, and sees the group, and asks; "Excuse me. Have you gotten any clues on where Sora is?

Edited by dragoon1234

((Yes... Yes he is, just stick with his personality... But he doesn't really know that they're in the canyon. He just knows they went that direction, following a 'cat'))

"Uh... No" Sei answered, turning toward the direction of the voice. The boy was a bit surprised that someone suddenly spoke out of nowhere. He was farthest behind the group after all, and the enemy could easily attack from behind. "... Are you from the village?" he asked, turning back to the direction of the group.

At that moment, the group in front suddenly made a stop that Sei caught up to them, even bumping Keith's back. "S-sorry!" he panicked, but Keith looked serious. Sei peeked through his comrades. In front of them were about 15 men wearing a leather armor and all holding a sword. Judging from the eblem on their shoulder pads, they're Gresia Knights.

Apparently, Sei's group approached from behind, seeing that all of them were facing something... Or Someone. Sei couldn't see who or what though, since the knights were blocking the view. And from the lloks of it. they haven't been spotted yet...

"Hand er' over!" shouted one of them who seemed to be in front.

"Over my dead body!"

Tobias looked to the boy that answered him, and nodded, then he said a little sheepishly; "I'm from the village." It's not a lie, but it's not exactly the truth either. Oh Tobias!! Why do you torture yourself like this?

Tobias looked up when the boy that asked him a question stopped, and hit someone else, a girl of some sorts. He looked up, and wondered why the group stopped. He tried to see what was going on, but couldn't. He tried to look over everyone, but couldn't so he moved to the side to see Gresia Knighrs.

Tobias quivered in fear, and was going to run away, but then he heard; "Hand er' over!" shouted one of them who seemed to be in front."Over my dead body!"

Tobias knew the voice, and remembered his training. He held his ground, and was ready to fight.

Jin turned after they stopped and spotted the newcomer.

"Cool it everyone," he hissed, not wanting the fight to start without reason, "Sempai!" Jin glanced at his mentor. "They don't have the girl, someone else does and they are trying to get her from that other person apparently. Technically they are way out of their jurisdiction territory wise and as this may be proof that they threatened the well being of the village in the past by giving evidence that supports what Sora said before about them chasing her. So attacking them without warning is technically a perfectly reasonable option right now, on the other hand they are Gresia Knights." Jin smiled, "I know Azure does business with Gresia sometimes, so you, Keith, and I, could probably just go up their, claim to be Azure knights, and have them run home to mommy if they know what's good for them."

Jin paused, "however they're not the important party, the important party is the group or individual who currently has Sora. So, Why don't you let me and Lucifer climb up the canyon wall at a shallow spot a ways back before they see us, we can then get on the other side of both the knights and whoever has Sora and have them surrounded."

Edited by Rakashua

Lucifer laughed and ruffled Jin's hair. "Cloud seemed like he was about to kill you there." Lorkin snorted and glared at him. He shook himself and kept going.

She heard a new voice and turned around. There was a new guy. "Great. More freakin' people. Just wut we needed." She muttered to herself in annoyance. Suddenly, something sounded in close by. In the canyon.

"Hand er' over!" shouted an angry voice.

"Over my dead body!"

Lucifer gave an involentary shudder. Wierd... Wonder wut that was. She thought to herself. She lived for combat, so why would she shudder? Unless something else was up. The girl peered around, but couldn't see anything. Suspicious, but finding no proof, she shrugged and turned around. Jin was talking.

"Cool it everyone," Jin hissed, not wanting the fight to start without reason, "Sempai!" Jin glanced at his mentor. "They don't have the girl, someone else does and they are trying to get her from that other person apparently. Technically they are way out of their jurisdiction territory wise and as this may be proof that they threatened the well being of the village in the past by giving evidence that supports what Sora said before about them chasing her. So attacking them without warning is technically a perfectly reasonable option right now, on the other hand they are Gresia Knights." Jin smiled, "I know Azure does business with Gresia sometimes, so you, Keith, and I, could probably just go up their, claim to be Azure knights, and have them run home to mommy if they know what's good for them."

Jin paused, "however they're not the important party, the important party is the group or individual who currently has Sora. So, Why don't you let me and Lucifer climb up the canyon wall at a shallow spot a ways back before they see us, we can then get on the other side of both the knights and whoever has Sora and have them surrounded."

Lucifer stared at him for a secound, thinking. "Can I just light them on fire?" She held up her hands, palms up and they burst into flame. Black swirls danced around inside. "Or err.... blizzard?" A breeze started around her, reddish flakes of ice and snow inside. "Wouldn't that be more fun? But I guess Cloud needs to fight doesn't he?" She sighed, the flames flickering

Maro had been shocked to hear the news of Sora's disappearance, but was glad when Lucifer decided to use Lorkin to try to track her down. Maro's wolf had never been taught to track. "Maybe that's what I should work on with him," Maro mused to herself. There had never been any need to track: Maro had never looked out for anyone but herself and her wolf. Watching out for others had never been necessary, and Maro was beginning to wonder if the human race was just too much trouble to deal with. She wiped a bit of sweat off her mask and raced after the group with the panther.

Silently she listened to the talk going on in the group. She eventually fell back to where Sei was, but stopped dead as new voices were suddenly heard.

"Hand er' over!"

"Over my dead body!"

Maro reached for her weapon but was silent as Jin spoke.

"So, Why don't you let me and Lucifer climb up the canyon wall at a shallow spot a ways back before they see us, we can then get on the other side of both the knights and whoever has Sora and have them surrounded."

Maro rolled her eyes. Yes, Jin and Lu, the two obvious lovers. Humans were so strange in that way, falling in love. Maro could understand caring for a friend, but love was a stranger to her. She didn't know it from a mother, a father, or a sibling. Her father cared for her, sure, but she never remembered him saying he loved her. Ah well, words were words, and actions spoke thousands of them. It was nicer that way, too: not so much blabbing.

Maro snapped back to the present as Lucifer spoke.

"...Wouldn't that be more fun? But I guess Cloud needs to fight doesn't he?"

Maro smiled; if Lucifer and her agreed about anything, it had to be that; Cloud seemed slightly obsessed. Still, Maro kept her guard up: the most foolish thing right then would be to let the enemy know they were there and escape. If Sora was alive, Maro wanted her to stay that way. She had to wonder who was so desperate for her healing--and future telling?-- abilities.

Maro sighed silently and decided that her two-cents weren't needed here. Thus she remained silent, deep in thought and not at all nervous. What was there to be nervous about? Things would go as they went, as they always did, and there was nothing that could change that. Maro smiled at the thought of her first battle with Cloud and Nixa. It had been peaceful back then, and she had felt more important, as though their group had a reason for traveling together and it was worth it. But now, with the requiem mark only a distant thought, Maro still wondered why she was traveling with them. Must be some reason, she mused to herself as she patted her wolf on the head.

Cloud's eyebrow's knitted together in silent anger as he heard another voice behind it, it wasn't one of the group and it was a male. Before he had a chance to let rip he however like the rest of the group heard what was going on up ahead, the symbol on the Knight's armour was familiar to him at once. He paused listening closely to Jin's comment before nodding,

"Sounds like a plan, I can give ye 5 minutes, 10 tops but I'm not sure how this is going to roll. These Knights may have direct orders to get either whoever that other voice is or Sora, either way you guys gotta check it out who that other voice is. Now go, remember....5 minutes"

He said to Jin looking in the direction as to where they could climb, he noticed Maro was deep in thought but otherwise was staying quite. He walked up alongside Keith slapping a hand on his shoulder.

"Hope your old master taught you how to talk the talk" He whispered before speaking up.

"Gresia noble Knights! State your purpose upon these peaceful lands! I am Cloud Hunt, Azure Knight. May your word be as soild and speedfast as your blades" Cloud called out.

Lucifer nodded, her hands tingling slightly as the fire extenguished. The blizzard disappeared, the bits of ice and snow evaporating as it hit the ground. "So let's go then, I hate waiting." She threw herself at the wall, melting into the shadows. Lorkin whined and pawed at the rock. He hated it when she did that. He always worried that something bad would happen as none of them knew much about the Shadow.

"Gresia noble Knights! State your purpose upon these peaceful lands! I am Cloud Hunt, Azure Knight. May your word be as soild and speedfast as your blades" Cloud called out.

"Come on Jin." She whispered, "It'll be fun." Lucifer shook away the worries nagging at her and reached out her hand. It shot out from the shadows and grasped Jin's. "Dun't worry, it's safe. I think." She muttered the last part. "Besides, they'll never see us this way." Lorkin hissed softly and batted at the wall again with his paws.

"You stay here and keep me informed." She whispered in his ear, her voice echoing slightly. Lucifer started to race along the edge. Her vision was black and white, as it always was when she was in the shadow.

"Those Gresia dudes are known for their barbaric ways... So talking to them is most likely useless" Keith whispered to the group. "Plus, they have no brains to figure out real danger when they see one" he added.

"Gresia noble Knights! State your purpose upon these peaceful lands! I am Cloud Hunt, Azure Knight. May your word be as solid and speedfast as your blades"

"Eh?" the knights turned to the group. Their swords were held up high, flashing from the light of the sun. Sei immediately took cover behind a large rock out of instinct. As for Keith, he stepped forward, ready to confront the knights. They looked like they were drunk, though they were not.

A second later, one of the knights from behind fell, revealing to be slashed by a young looking man. He had a messy chestnut brown hair and black eyes. He held a sword on his left hand. On the other, he was holding someone's hand. A girl's hand. Sora to be exact.

"Why you...!" one of the knights shouted angrily with a hoarse voice. They immediately attacked him from all sides.

*clang*

The swords clashed together. The one behind him fell. "Hey... Don't be reckless" a young male said. From what it looked like, he jumped in and kicked the knight who tried to attack the boy from behind. "Keith!" Sora exclaimed.

"Dude. We need to do some talking later" Keith continued, turning to the guy holding Sora. "I agree. Let's get rid of these pests first. I'm Kou" the teenager answered, tightening his grip on the sword. "Keith" he answered back. "Let's do this! Hel!" he shouted, holding out his hand. At that moment, a flash of black light emanated from his right hand. The next moment, an ordinary looking katana was resting in his hand.

Tobias was nervous, and it was showing. Sweat was dripping from his brow, and he was shaking like a leaf. When Cloud started talking, Tobias shook even more. Calm down Tobias. Focus.

One knight fell, and Tobias lost his nerve. He crouched on the ground, and started shaking. Strong focus Tobias. Strong focus. You can do this. Concentrate.

After that he saw that the knights were attacking, and again he lost his nerve. He wanted to run away, but he opened his book, and looked for the right spell. A glint was in his eye. He closed his eyes, sighed, then opened them. He, then, said sheepishly; "Fireball split." He put his index finger into the air, and a fireball, about a foot in diamter appeared. He threw it upward towards the knights, and it burst into many smaller fireballs. They came down onto the soldiers.

-If they hit then the damage will be no more then a small burn, like touching a stove.

He heard a voice that sounded familiar. Is that him? Nah.

Edited by dragoon1234

Jin tentatively took Lucifer's hand, a bit unsure of what had actually happened. Well, that is to say he understood what must have happened, but magic tricks always did make him a bit nervous... especially when they ended up with him dangling in mid air on a canyon wall.

A moment later they were at the top and Jin's hands and feet were encased in the strange purple armor he always used. "Here," he called out to Lucifer, finding another shallow dip a hundred yards ahead. Seeing as it must be his turn to help traverse the cliff, he grabbed Lucifer around the waist and jumped over the edge, reaching out one clawed hand he tore into the stone as they fell, slowing their decent.

Fortunately they were out of sight when they hit the ground, not that anyone was probably paying attention to notice the falling debris Jin had torn loose, but it was good nonetheless.

"This way," Jin motioned behind a boulder that overlooked the battle. As much as he'd like to help, they were here to cut off the only escape route, there would be no point in revealing their position if Cloud was just going to kill everyone and then get Sora back.

The Knights turned, they looked a bit like Cloud when he had had too many in the Inn at the last town but he had got reason to have done that and these guys didn't seem to be drunk afterall. Their swords were raised high above their heads but one was cut down from behind and then Keith was in the middle of the battle helping to protect Sora and some guy that was with her.

"You should really have just talked back to me"

Cloud growled, his smile curving up one side of his face with his eyes narrowing by the second as he chose his Knight to take down. His hand was on the hilt in a second, drawn in the next and protuded out the stomach of a Knight in another. He whipped the sword out letting the body fall before moving on to his next one, only this time he was going for the neck, there was a glint in his eye that screamed dangerous and He was already beginning to fall into his patterns he takes when fighting. This was his home ground.

Lucifer sighed. She wanted to fight. It was so depressingly boring up here. She sprawled out on the cold stone. Her hair draped over the ground, glistening in the sunlight. Still, it was pretty nice she guessed. She always did like high places. Especially mountains peaks, where she could get away from everyone and everything. Nice and peaceful. So how's it going down there Sweetie?

She watched Lorkin look at her from below and give an impatient lash with his tail. Lucifer nodded, smiling. If she couldn't go down and fight, he could. The panther leaped into the fray, claws extended. His eyes gleamed with a cold fire as he bit clean through the arm of a knight. The man screamed with agony as he fell, still being mawled by the tearing jaws.

Lucifer turned to look at Jin. "So... Guess there's nothing to do up here." She muttered and watched with annoyance as the new boy threw tiny fireballs that scattered all over the place. She would do so much more if she was down here. In fact, the girl still could, but that would give away their position. She looked down at her hand, feeling a sudden heat. "Oops." Lucifer muttered, noting the lava-like substance where her hand has been

Jin smiled at her, "I know, boring right," he shrugged. "Don't worry, chances are whoever has Sora isn't protecting her from the knights because he's an altruistic guy, probably he'll flee this way to get away from Cloud and the others as soon as the knights are down. Then it's our turn." Jin nodded, smiling as Lorkin leapt into the fray.

He laughed lightly as he noticed that Lucifer had reduced the rock she was leaning on to liquid lava before it hardened again.

"Yeah, I'll be real disappointed if no one ends up running this direction..." He leaned back against the rock to wait, cracking his neck from side to side as he did.

Lucifer nodded. She would be seriously pissed if she couldn't take part. Jiggling her legs as they dangled over the edge of the rock, she stared straight down. She got a sudden urge to jump and float down on the breeze. "I guess I can't." She sighed to herself. The girl watched as Lorkin tore into another knight, his fur covered with drying blood. He gave a bone-chilling scream as another one tried to sneak up on him.

The panther leaped up into the air, landing on the first one. Tearing at his face and neck, he tried to fend off the secound. Lucifer kicked her legs impatiently. She hated to see him hurt. Thinking quickly, she lit a fireball and sent it flying around the canyon. She then threw it at the knight, making sure it was from a different angle than from where they were. She knew it was risky but she just couldn't leave her baby by himself.

Lorkin crouched down on the ground and closed his eyes as the flames shot towards them. It smashed into the knight, incinerating his armour and leaving him looking slightly charred. Taking advantage of of his shock, the panther slashed his throat. Lucifer sighed and laid back onto the rock, resting. It took a lot of energy to send that big of a fireball that far. But it was worth it, she thought to herself.

She looked up at Jin, laughing sheepishly. "Sorry... But that didn't really give away our position."

Tobias was upset with himself. Two years for nothing. Why am i that pathetic? He looked around and noticed the panther killing some of the soldiers. He looked down and sighed heavily, then went over to a rock and sat down. His hair plopped down out of his robe. The hair was very long, reaching his hips on his 5'2" frame, and was golden with red mixed in. It looked like it was an overly sized fireball, and it was flying through a breeze.

He notices that someone was behind him, hiding from the fighting, and decided to talk to him. "Scared?" Tobias asked sheepishly.

One by one, the Gresia Knights fell. Not even a minute passed, but more than half of them were down. In fact, there were about three or five left, and just like what Keith said, they don't know danger when they see one. They were outnumbered and yet they didn't even try to run.

"Geez... I hate the smell of blood..." Keith muttered to himself, slashing down another knight. His sword was soaked in blood, but his clothes were almost clean. He was moving so fast that the blood barely touches him. "And there goes another" he muttered again, slashing down another one.

"Hey! You'd better explain what's going on here!" Keith shouted to 'Kou' who was clashing his sword with another knight. With one strong swing, the enemy lost balance and gave an opening. With that, the boy slashed down the man and answered. "Don't worry. I keep my promises"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scared?"

Sei looked up and gave a pitiful look. "I can't cast magic... Or carry a heavy sword... Plus... Those guys look scary..." he answered with a trembling voice. "I shouldn't be here... But with this Requiem thing..." he muttered, trying to hide better.

Edited by Juzz

Tobias snapped his fingers, and a small fireball appeared. He sighed then said; "Two years, roughly 16 hours a day training and this is the best I can do. I may be able to do a little better than you, but not much better." He snaps his fingers again, and the flame disappeares. "So you're wondering about the Requiem? Is that why you came to the village?"

After that Tobias hears the voice again. Is that him? I havenlt seen him in nearly 5 years. Kou... He turns back to Sei, waiting for him to answer his questions. A small breeze came around and some of Tobiases hair went into his face. He pushed it out of the way and gave a 'EW! I ate some hair' look.

Maro watched the slaughter silently. She swallowed and her eyes grew wide. This hadn't been like the bandits; they had run, and none had been killed. This was true killing, true slaughter. As she stood there, staring at the blood and gore and death, she wondered if any of the men who were dying had families. She doubted it, but it was possible. Her mind went blank as Cloud sliced through the enemy's neck. She swallowed and watched the corpse fall. She was only brought out of her trance as a wet nose touched her hand. She stared down at her wolf's eyes, which glowed with worry. Maro realized she hadn't been breathing and quickly turned away from the scene. She glanced once at Sei and wondered if he could stand the scene any better than she. She was glad she was not alone, though: Sei and the other man and her wolf too, none of them were fighting.

There was a sudden scream and Maro looked up just in time to see Lorkin ripping through a man's arm. Maro's wolf growled and began to advance but Maro jerked him back by his scruff and turned from the scene. It was too much; Maro had fought before but had never killed another human, and certainly wouldn't enjoy the feeling as the others seemed to be. What were humans? What did they see them as? Maro turned from the scene and leaned her head into a bush. She felt her breakfast expelling itself from her body. Having thrown up, she turned from the scene with shame on her face. What if these men had done something to Sora? What if they had abused her physically, or something worse...

Maro nodded to herself and took a deep breath. Yes, she had to be strong, for Sora. If those men had hurt her, it didn't matter to Maro if they had loved ones: they were corrupt, and it was just and noble to get rid of them... wasn't it? But didn't everyone do evil at some time in their life? Maro didn't even touch her weapon. She looked at Sei, wondering what he was thinking of. What was justice? Who determined it? These were questions that Maro had avoided for years: she had never had to face them since she had left her father's place. Now they came back to haunt her, and she truly wished she had answered them years ago.

She slowly turned her head back to the battle scene and watched silently as more of the enemies fell. She vaguely noticed one young man seemed to be working with Cloud and the others. She hoped he had protected Sora. She reached up and touched her forehead, where the Requiem had appeared. What did it really mean? She remembered the man with red hair who had first suggested they escape the city of Kevia as it fell. She had barely seen him, yet his face was clear in her head. As she watched the bloodshed, she vaguely made a mental note to herself to later ask someone about the Requiem again... maybe Sora would know.

"Uh... Oh. 'He heard me...' N-not really... We're just passing by... I'm no my way to Arcaia and... This is the shortest route..." Sei sighed, peeking at the bloody scene. It seemed safe, at least there's no more enemy. 'If I didn't receive training from the academy, I'll be hurling right now...'

The boy stood up from his hiding place and slowly walked toward the others while he looked around. "Um... Sora?" he called weakly. Sora turned to him. She looked sad, as if she was in the verge of tears. She stayed silent as she stared blankly at Sei. "Hey there... Were gonna make it" 'Kou' whispered to her as he pulled the girl to his side. He returned his sword inside the sheath and turned to the group...

Tobias cocked an eyebrow when Sei left. "O.....k," Tobias said to himself. What's with him? He's a good liar though. He turned around and then turned back and threw up loudly, very loudly. Compose yourself Tobias. Deep breath in. Deep breath out. In, out, in, out. Now turn around, and embrace the chaos. Absorb it. Accept it. He turns around and almost throws up again. He stands there looking at the death trying to absorb it. You can do this Tobias. Accept it. It's who you are.

He continues to look, but he looks up at an angle and sees... "KOU!!!" Without a moments hesitation he puts the book away, and runs up to Kou and glomps him. "I missed you so much brother." ((The whole "brother" thing is like the chief being uncle thing. They're not brothers, but Tobias has so much love for Kou that he calls him a brother. Also Juzz if you got a problem with this I will edit.))

Edited by dragoon1234

As the battling ended, Maro took a deep breath. She noticed with vague displeasure that the man who had been speaking to Sei was throwing up as well, though not so secretly as Maro had been. Then, turning back to the scene, Maro suddenly spotted Sora. She looked to be on the verge of tears and Maro rushed forwards. She slowed a moment at the sight of the boy Kou but then continued forwards quickly to Sora.

"Sora! Are you alright?" Worry shone in her eyes; something seemed wrong. Her wolf loped forwards with her, but stayed back a bit. He stared at Kou, as though unsure. Maro simply paid attention to Sora. She hoped the girl hadn't been hurt in any way. She almost felt guilty now for not helping fight... but the others had it handled, didn't they? It had seemed so...

Edited by LadyNatasha