Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

Tobias ran behind Kou and konked him in the shoulder with his elbow like he did when he was younger. "The river. I missed it for so long. Nice to see it again. When this is over, you want to come back and go fishing? So what've you been up to? It's been what? 5 going on 6 years? When Tobias left nobody knew where he went, and they didn't know that he disappeared. He left in the middle of the night while everyone was sleeping.

((I don't think there could be a river there... Since they're in the canyons... Walls of rocks are in both sides and stuff... And water is kinda scarce, which was the whole reason for the bad harvest...))

"Me?" Kou asked in surprise as they continue walking under the hot sun. The soil was barren as ever, rocks surrounded the travelers as they continued on the narrow path. There were quite a few forks in the 'road', but they walked in a straight direction. "Nothing much... Just helping my mom and dad do deliveries and stuff... And just as I mentioned a while ago... Last year, I joined he rebels against Gresia, so I've been away from the village for some time now..." he answered as he pondered on some things.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was way back when they were kids, Sora and Kou would usually play outside with the other kids. Sora was always the 'damsel in distress' while Kou would always be 'her knight'. He loved playing sword fights with kids back in then...

*past*

"Kou... You got hurt again?" the little girl asked with a worried look. Her emerald green hair was tied at the back. She was wearing a simple looking blue dress with flower prints. "Er..." the boy muttered looking embarrassed. His brown hair was short and messy. His clothes were covered in dirt. Before he could speak, the girl cut in saying "You don't have to lie...". She sighed and approached him, holding his hand and emitted a faint green light which immediately healed the scratch on the boy's hand. "How do you always know...?" he asked in astonishment as he stared at the fully healed wound. "It's hard to explain... But your movements... Your way of speaking... It's different when you get hurt" she answered with a smile.

The two walked together side by side. The boy looked at the girl several times, worried she might get lost, after all, she is blind. The girl suddenly stopped walking and turned toward the boy and smiled. "Don't worry about me... I may not see my way... But I could feel it" she said in a gentle tone. The boy looked away and scratched his head. "S-sorry..." he muttered. They had a short moment of silence before the boy spoke again. "Hey" he said in a weak tone. The girl looked at him blankly, waiting for him to continue speaking. "About that... Thing you told me the other day... Is it true...?" he continued, sounding quite unsure. The girl smiled back again and answered. "Of course... But you have to make it happen yourself!" she answered him in a sure tone. The boy nodded and smiled. "Yeah!" he exclaimed with a wide grin in his face.

"Stuck?" A voice asked, coming from behind her. It was strangely melodic, with a refined ring, like that of a wind chime. Almost unnatural sounding. A hiss of fury escaped Lucifer's lips as she struggled to get up. A slight shudder ran down her body as she fought. "Aww, come on now. Don't pretend you're not happy to see me, Kitten." A man strode out lazily from the shadows. Despite the cruel grin on his face, he wasn't bad looking. Quite handsome really. Locks of pale, almost white, blonde hair draped around his face, with striking ice blue eyes staring out.

He leaned forward until his face was level with her's. "You knew this day was coming, didn't you?" The man laughed and placed a hand on her shoulder, almost casually. Lucifer glared at him defiantly, but there was something else stirring in her eyes. Fear. Usually, she wasn't afraid of anything. But now, seeing him once again, it came out. The fear of being caught again. Especially when she had thought that she would be fine. But apparently, she wasn't. How he had tracked her, she'll never know. "Go away Toro. Before I rip your throat out." She growled, forcing the words out.

The sorceror laughed. He knew it was an empty threat. At the moment, she was as helpless as a rabbit under the claws of a wolf. And she knew it. "Oh, don't be rude. I think I like it here. Might just stay for a while more." Toro smiled, as he looked around. Spotting Jin, he slowly walked over. "Well, hello there." He looked at him for a secound, before peering back at Lucifer. Suddenly, he dove into her thoughts, and managed to read some of it before she threw him out. Smirking now, he stared at Jin. "Well, well. Looks like this'll be interesting." A fire lit up in his cold eyes as light suddenly shone around him. Blindingly brilliant.

Electricity jolted through the air all around, shocking everyone slightly. Toro smiled lazily, tilting his head thoughtfully to one side. As if considering something. A white flame danced on his fingertips. Lucifer's eyes widened in horror. She knew what was about to happen. What had happened to countless others before. And she couldn't let it become Jin's fate. She would never forgive herself if she did. This is my fault. She thought despairingly. He would've never come here had it not been for me. Her eyes narrowed as she concentrated all her energy on breaking free. The sorceror whirled around to stop her, as he realized what she was doing. But it was too late. She scrambled to her feet, clumsier than usual; it had taken a lot of her strength.

Lucifer forced a mocking grin onto her face, hiding the fear, as she threw herself into the shadows. Toro glared at the spot where she had disappeared in anger before diving in himself. "Can't catch me." A voice called from further off. It sounded strained and tired, but determined. "Ooh, too slow." It sneered, from another direciton.

Jin had turned to tell Kou that Lucifer was out of it for a moment and to go on without them, well, actually he was going to ask Lucifer what was wrong when Kou interupted. But his plan of action was interrupted yet again when he heard a voice behind him, back in Lucifer's direction.

He stood perfectly still as the man approached, his mind raced with who it could be... and as the man spoke, he could only guess that this was Lucifer's worst fear come to life. It was the man she had told him about, the one she wasn't going back to...

Lightning suddenly split the air for a moment, catching Jin off guard. Still, the shock was minor, not even a concern. The next spell he conjured was of more concern, actually less, though there was no way he could have known that. Jin smiled at the white flame in his hand and was about to speak when Lucifer leapt into the shadows, and the sorcerer leapt in after her.

"No!" Jin knew why she must have done it, to keep him away from the white fire, but she didn't know! "Lucifer get out of there!" If only I'd told her everything "And you!" Jin crossed his arms, staring into the shadows, "Quit hiding like a coward."

Jin called out ahead to the others, "Cloud!" Jin never referred to the man without his title, Sempai, but this was an urgent situation. "Cloud, Keith, come here, I found a real piece of work for you, everyone else, make yourselves scarce!"

Jin normally didn't give orders, but there wasn't enough time to explain to everyone that an Azure knight and two knights in training were probably about to engage in a very high level of combat that warranted the use of a level of force reserved only for very dangerous assignments.

There was a reason Azure knights cost a fortune to rent out. Even a knight in training could cost an inordinate sum. An Azure knight was worth a hundred knights in battle, or could be, it was a saying, but the truth was more real than anyone outside the small kingdom could guess. Jin doubted he could beat the man alone, no matter how much damage he knew he could withstand, magic wasn't his strong, it wasn't in his blood. But with Cloud... and Keith both, he knew the odds were probably in their favor. He only hoped Cloud and Keith were up to it... and that they wouldn't be too late.

His eye patch fell onto the ground along with his staff, daggers, and sack. The white in his right eye turned black and his tattoos glowed black in the faded light of the canyon as familiar gauntlets formed on his arms and legs. That's why he'd told the others to get scarce, not to help, an Azure knight was as dangerous an ally as an enemy...

"Hey... They're taking a bit too long..." Keith complained when sudden noises suddenly resounded from behind. The group immediately turned back, with the exception of Sei who hid behind a rock by instinct. "Stay here with this guy!" Kou commanded with a loud voice pointing to Sei. Sora hesitated, but she followed his orders anyway.

"Who's that weirdo?" Keith asked as he glared at the stranger. He looked quite handsome, but he seemed to emit a dark aura. "... If that guy finds out hideout..." Kou muttered under his breath, his sword, tightly resting on his hands.

((His appearance is too early >.<... I kinda wanted him to show up before wrapping up this chapter... Oh well...))

"Cloud!"

Cloud snapped his head around as his heard Jin calling out his name, he knew this had to be serious when he hadn't used Sempai and he stopped dead in his tracks. Already Keith was reacting as well and Cloud was running back as fast as he could to where Jin and the others were, he ripped his sword out of its sheath as he ran preparing for trouble. He skidded to a stop with his sword at the ready and staring coldly at this man, something was telling him he was no ordinary man.

"Back down sir or else I will use force!"

Cloud ordered towards the man, his eyes flashed dangerously. It was one thing to mess with a friend like Lucifer but another to dare threaten one of his own pupils

((Sorry about that Juzz. I looked up the defenition for canyon, and it said that they typically have rivers splitting them in half. I assumed, oh well.))

Tobias turned around when he heard someone scream. Keith, and Kou were running towards the area where he heard the scream. He decided that he would stay with Sora and Sei. He was nervous, terrified, but a small, extremely tiny, part of him loved it. The tension, the nervous energy, the chaos. Yes. The chaos was beautiful. It touched his very soul, and he wanted more, but Tobias snapped back into reality and went over to Sora and Sei.

He sat on a stalagmite and looked at Sora then sighed to himself. Why can't I protect anyone? I couldn't protect her before, and I can't now. I'm useless. He put on a brave smile and said; "I'll protect you Sora."

"Come get me, Sweetie!" She called, yelling out the last word mockingly. It echoed in the vast canyon below several times until it was almost impossible to tell where it originated. Lucifer hopped from shadow to shadow rapidly as she taunted the sorceror. She was getting tired though. It had taken a lot of energy to break his spell. Beads of sweat flew from her hair as she ran. She knew she should stop and confront him. Maybe. But not here. Anywhere far away but not here. This was her fault anyways. If she hadn't come here, he wouldn't have come. And if she had stayed in her forest, he wouldn't have found her. She sighed and continued racing over the rocks.

Suddenly, a loud crack rang through the air, and she turned around just in time to see a burst of light. Startled, Lucifer gave an angry snarl as something crashed into her. She flew through the air, landing on the ground in an undignified heap. Scrambling to her feet clumsily, panting, she realized that they were back in the spot that they first started. The others were there too. Jin. "Get. Away." She gasped, slightly winded. The blow had to have been extremely powerful to send her all the way back here.

"Why?" Toro smiled as he too, emerged from the shadows. "Let them join the party. The more the merrier." Flames flickered around him menacingly. They were a snowy white, stark contrast to Lucifer's pitch black ones. Which at the moment, was everywhere. Even angrier than before now, she glared at him in fury. Nobody threatened her friends. Especially not Jin. Suddenly, the air around them was lashed with a forceful wind, filled with jagged shard of ice.

"Please go." Lucifer whispered, looking into Jin's eyes. Her own had turned black, no glimmer of light showing.

Time seemed to come to a halt as Lucifer's pitch black eyes stared into Jin's eyes, one normal and the other a yellow slit within a black frame. In that moment Jin understood what Lucifer intended, and Cloud's words came rushing back to him "Just remember to protect her with your life...and never to take her for granted".

"I'm sorry," he mouthed to her. A moment later he was in front of her, one hand on her forehead the other held her firmly at the shoulder. She looked exhausted, and full of darkness. Under any other circumstances Jin wouldn't have attempted it, but he knew she wasn't up for this fight any longer, she was breathing, living, off her inner darkness, and it would keep her going... but as Jin knew all too well, it would also likely consume her in the process.

"Sleep now, and walk towards the light..." Jin breathed out slowly as he spoke. Vinculum, he breathed in, beckoning all the darkness around him to follow his breath into his body, most from Lucifer's proximity. It wasn't guaranteed to work, or knock her out, or diminish her own darkness, in fact Jin had never even attempted it before. But he had heard an old Azure Proverb that said this.

The Azure Knight is a vessel of great darkness, an untapped, uncontrollable eruption of dark energy. Only he who has a will like burning fire and a reason to live that compels him to shine will survive himself and tame the darkness to his will. This is the power of Azure, the curse, and the destiny of us all.

"Let me shine for you." He finished his breath, fire burning in his lungs, pins and needles shooting through his arms and legs and chest. Jin watched with mixed emotions as his tattoos began retracting from his appendages and converging in a single black mark on his forehead, the mark of the Azure kingdom, the sacred symbol they all shared. Horror, anticipation, excitement, anger, joy, all of these were his reaction to what he had decided to do.

This is the bloodline to which I was born, the limit of my family line. What has controlled my life and forced me to live in solitude and misery will now be my salvation, or my end, either way, I accept this contract you have placed before me Sempai. What has kept me apart from friendship I bend to my will now to protect my first, true friend, and perhaps more.

The purple/black armor had now formed also on his legs and arms; clawing its way up his chest and stopping at his neck to which the tattoos had halted before reaching the mark on his forehead. And though he could not tell it, a second mark burned there as well, a mark that had kept the group of misfits together all this time. Something he didn't understand in the least.

All this had taken place in the space of five breaths. He locked gazes with the enemy, but spoke to Cloud beside him.

"Sempai," his voice was calm and quiet, hardly able to be heard above the rushing wind and swirling dark energy around him. "Watch my back, and if I can't come out of it... well... you're authorized to kill me for attempting this anyway. If it comes to it, then as your friend, I ask that you don't hesitate..." And with that Jin leapt at the enemy before him....

((Juzz all that ok with you? I can give you a detailed post of exactly what happened that I didn't include to avoid revealing other plot things that you'd told me before. So, yah... I think you'd approve. (and anyone else if I ninja'd you and Altiboris if you want me to erase the end for you to react or if what I just tried didn't work, or if you want me to tell you what I just did so that you can better decide if it worked... then let me know and I'll ask Juzz and we can all get together etc... lol)))

For a secound, everything froze as their eyes met. His eye patch was gone, a sliver of yellow showing underneath. And before she could stop him, he had his hands on her head and shoulder. "Sleep now, and walk towards the light..." Lucifer shook her head slightly, and tried to pull away. Exhausted, all she could do was give him a weak shove. "Let me shine for you." Jin finished, stepping back. His tattoos were changing, retracting, and reforming into a single mark. Armour covered his body from the neck down. She hissed quietly, glaring at him. This wasn't right. Nobody else should have to pay the price of her mistake. Before he could draw all the darkness away, she latched on the last tendrils. Pulling it back in.

She knew this could end up badly. For both of them. But she couldn't let him take it all himself. She had her share in this and she would take it. Lucifer swayed slightly as she stood up from where she had collapsed onto the cold stone. The Earth itself felt as if it were pulling her. Trying to draw her into it's hungry jaws. She gave a slight start, suddenly remembering something. Where was Lorkin? She felt a strange emptiness in her head, in the area where he used to be. In fact, it has been there for a while now. She just hadn't noticed it with all the confusion and chaos that had been going on.

LORKIN She screamed silently, despairing slightly now. It was all too much. Everything was going wrong. For the first time, a single tear rolled down from her eyes. It dropped onto the floor, splattering it with a spot of black before disappearing. Lucifer clenched her teeth, furious. She was not going to let this get away from her. Control. She breathed to herself, eyes shut. Strange markings slowly spiraled up her body, some blood red, others black like ebony. Curling around her face, they created a gothic appearance. The tattoos seemed to seep with dark energy. She smiled grimly, knowing that there was nothing more to lose.

When she had first met Toro, she had thought he was charming. And sweet. They had actually seen each other a few times. But then, she saw his dark side. Still, Lucifer had been so naive back then. She had thought that he could change. That he would want to. But too late, she found that he couldn't. And wouldn't. Before that though, she had agreed to help him with a strange ceremony. He didn't tell her what it was for, only that she could do a lot in it. So she did. As he cast the spell, sparks flew everywhere. Only then did she realize what he was doing. He was trying to call spirits. To do an evil deed. Quickly, she broke the circle he had drawn around himself. But that had only let them loose. Sensing the darkness in her, they rushed at her. And before either could do anything, they had eagerly merged with the shadow already there. She had been knocked senseless.

Knowing what would happen, Toro had altered her memories slightly. So she wouldn't remember anything about it. Placing a spell over it so it wouldn't be found. But now, desperate, it had resurfaced. She knew that it was probably a bad idea. That it might do more harm than good. But at the moment, she didn't care. She was not about to let anything happen to Jin. Lucifer shook her hair, letting her eyes mist over slightly. If she let the spirits go, they could reak havoc, now that they were in this world. But that might be the only thing she could do. Especially since there wasn't much time.

"Sempai," Jin was saying to Cloud, "Watch my back, and if I can't come out of it... well... you're authorized to kill me for attempting this anyway. If it comes to it, then as your friend, I ask that you don't hesitate..." And with that he leapt at the sorceror.

Lucifer sighed slightly, before pooling all the energy she had left. Searching quickly within herself, she found the darkness. It was hidden deep, but she pulled it out. As she did so, her whole form changed. Flickering between the shadow and normal world, she was pale, like a ghost. The spirits rushed out from inside her, and swirled around Toro. Too late, she realized that Jin was too close. She raced forward, her feet barely touching the ground. But she wasn't fast enough. The spirits converged into a single form. Fierce winds lashed the canyon as they reveled in being released into the world. "No." She whispered, desperately fighting her way through them.

Suddenly, another figure rushed up behind Toro. The sorceror turned from fending off the spirits, to see Lorkin. The panther had raw stripes of fur across his back, where he had obviously been tied with a rope.

((I hope this is ok... I'll mail you with more details if you like Juzz. Sorry if it was a little confusing in some parts.))

Edited by Altiboris

"No"

Cloud breathed out as he realised what Jin was going to do and there was nothing he could do to stop, he could only watched as his pupil under took a task that any other teacher would kill on the spot for trying something like this out in front of people who hadn't took the oath of silence. He grinded his teeth as he fought against his very own will to stop himself from grabbing Jin to try and stop him but already he was doing it, it was too late.

"Sempai," his voice was calm and quiet, hardly able to be heard above the rushing wind and swirling dark energy around him. "Watch my back, and if I can't come out of it... well... you're authorized to kill me for attempting this anyway. If it comes to it, then as your friend, I ask that you don't hesitate..." And with that Jin leapt at the enemy before him.

"Please be ok Jin, my student...your father will come back from the dead otherwise and kill me slowly if I let you die"

He whispered, Lucifer started to.......fade away and the place was filled with howls and she too was going after Jin.

"LUCIFER! WAIT!"

Cloud cried out but dared not go after her, it was too dangerous now and could only growl with a face of pure fury at this man who was causing all of them so much panic and anguish. He gripped his sword tightly as he was forced to wait and see what was going to happen, all he knew was that there was a hell lot of magic being used and that he himself would have to be prepared to use his own to protect the others if anything went wrong.

Sora nodded at Tobias' remark and smiled art him gently before resting behind the large rock. She then closed her eyes and began paying attention to the current events. Sora closed her eyes and listened. Since she can't see, all her other senses were sharpened to make up for her blindness. Sei watched her calm expression change into a pained look which shows that things are not going well. It doesn't seem like that stranger is after Sora... Sei thought as he peeked out from the rock.

Kou tightened his grip on the sword, trying to get ready for any sudden attack. He very well knew that he is of no match to the man. It's not like he can leave the group though, after what happened. Plus, if the man was a spy from Gresia, things might go bad. "We'll handle this..." Keith assured him, lightly tapping the boy's shoulder. Kou stared at Keith's serious face for a moment. He didn't look like how he usually does. His carefree & innocent-looking smile was completely wiped off his face. Hold on... Is Keith... A guy...??? Kou was again stuck in deep thought, as his grip loosened, signifying that he was feeling less tense.

Again, a black light shone from Keith's hand after he shouted 'Hel!'. Like it did before, a katana materialized in his hand. Kou just watched as the trainee approached the ones in conflict. "Jin! Get a hold of yourself!" Keith shouted, turning to Jin's direction. "Control yourself. We might get in bigger trouble if you continue that" he added, pointing his glance to Lucifer. He raised his katana and pointed it to the stranger. "Stay away from Luci. She's an important part of the group" he threatened.

The sorcerer gave a maniacal laugh at Keith's words. Bright flames were twirling around him like evil spirits. With that, Jin suddenly jumped on him, to which he gave a grin. He vanished from where he stood in a split second, dodging the attack. Teleportation!? That's a high-level 'secret' spell...! Sei thought as he watched from afar. He bit his lip, knowing that the guy they were facing was extremely dangerous.

"Hmmm? Another?" Toro sighed, coupled with an 'evil grin'. With one swing of his arm, the panther was sent flying to the rocky walls, and with a flick of his fingers from his other hand, the spirits Lucifer sent were surrounded by white flames and engulfed them. "My, my... Looks like you have been having the time of your life" he said sarcastically with a smile on his face.

((Oookkk.... I'm getting lost here... To make it clear... They're at the bottom of the canyon. Oh, and did I sorta reply to everyone's action right? Or did I miss anyone?))

As he leapt, the world about Jin was suddenly changed and he felt another presence come out of Lucifer and it engulfed his path. He curled into a ball and rolled through the air through the... thing, coming out the other side in time to see it engulf in white fire and to see that the enemy was no longer before him but had moved... impossibly quickly as well.

Keith's voice came to him through the chaos threatening to engulf him as he relocated his target.

"Jin! Get a hold of yourself! Control yourself. We might get in bigger trouble if you continue that."

I know... I know... so well. Jin was fighting an inner battle more intense perhaps than the outer. On one hand he knew that his level of ability was far too low to defeat this man, unless he remained in the state he was in. But the risk to his own life was high, and to his friends if he kept it up. Even now he could feel his control slipping. No matter how much he willed himself to stay in control, or how he felt about protecting Lucifer, it was a simple fact that he was not yet a true and full Azure Knight. His body wasn't prepared for this, and it would not withstand it long... Even so, he was unsure as to how he was supposed to come out of this state. Getting into it was a simple influx of energy and a little magic, getting out... well... he didn't know how to do that. In all other situations when he had gone into a fit of rage or lost control, it ended when he burned off enough energy to become exhausted, but in this state... there was so much energy to burn, he wasn't sure he could get rid of it fast enough to end it before it was too late.

Jin found his target again, and, intent on burning off the energy so that if this battle ended he wouldn't lose himself reguardless, he released a continual burst of dark energy at the man.

The attack appeared as a jetstream of black fire proceeding from Jin's hands. But it was not formidable in any way save that it was a lot of power at once. It was uncontrolled, unrefined, not pointed or molded into an attack. It was merely a blunt blast of raw energy, dangerous yes, but it could have been so much more if Jin had been a real knight and had trained in his skills.

Tobias looked on at the battle when the guy used teleport. Teleport? What's he doing using teleport? And with silver hair?!? What's going on? Could he be...? He looked at Sora and Sei then turned back to the fight. The chaos was exhilarated, and part of Tobias wanted more, but his head snapped back into reality when he felt a strong pulse of energy. He turned to the source and sat in sheer horror. My word. What kind of power is that? It's powerful but unrefined, chaotic, sloppy. No. It's not unrefined but a work-in-progress. The chaos though....

Tobias looked back at Sora and whispered something into her ear. "There's a guy using extremely powerful magic, but he has white hair. Could he be? Do you thinks he's a? Is it possible for him?" Tobias couldn't finish the questions out of pure denial.

"LUCIFER! WAIT!"

She continued struggling through the furious onslaught of magic, ignoring Cloud's desperate cry. This was not going to end badly. She was not going to let it. She gave Toro an angry glare. How she hated him, even more than usual at the moment. Flames slashed through the air, fueled by pure fury. Lucifer didn't like being out of control. Her brain was in turmoil. A red fog began to drift over her vision, making everything hazy and dim.

A single sound pierced the anger-induced mist. Laughter. She shot another row of flames in that direction, but with no result. The girl shook her hair out from her face in an attempt to clear her eyes. But the redness was still there, tinting everything she saw. Giving up and turning her mind to another problem, she reached for her whip. It wasn't there. Of course. Lucifer hissed in annoyance as she saw in coiled neatly around Toro's neck. It had gone to him. It had originally been his anyways. So instead, she slid out a couple of daggers from the seemingly ornamental bands around her arms. They glinted in the harsh light of the chaos about them.

Meanwhile, Jin had leapt at the sorceror. Who teleported swiftly to another spot.

"Hmmm? Another?" Toro sighed, smiling evily. With one swing of his arm, Lorkin was sent flying to the rocky walls, and with a flick of his fingers from his other hand, the spirits were surrounded by white flames that engulfed them. "My, my... Looks like you have been having the time of your life" he said sarcastically.

The panther screamed, a raw sound, as he got back on his paws. Lashing his tail, he tried to throw himself once more at the man. NO! Lucifer screamed, making him flinch. Dun't move! She sent a swift barrage of daggers at Toro, making sure not to hit Jin. He was sending a steady flow of dark energy towards him. Trying to help, she dropped into the shadows. Dashing swiftly now, unhampered by the normal limits of a person, she appeared right behind Toro.

"Come on Jin, don't let it get the better for one"

Cloud snarled as he could see from Jin's body language that he was fighting, this was a serious amount of darkness for even a fully trained knight to be fighting with but nevermind an untrained knight that is.....well not one hundred percent. His fist was crushed up into a ball as he watched a totter if pure raw energy coming from his hand, Cloud could only watch and wait to see what was going to happen. Suddenly from the sky above a shadow passed just above Cloud who thought there was some unknown force closing in on them but when he looked up his face burst into a smile. It was Blazer who looked like he'll itself, he was seriously anger at Cloud for leaving him behind but landed all the same. He rubbed the stallion's neck where his energy flowed with excitement as he sensed the power and magic tingling in the air.

"REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING AND WHO YOU ARE!"

Cloud yelled to Jin

Edited by Saphira-dragon

Just what is happening? Alazne's eyes moved rapidly between the different people, trying to keep track of them as they fought. Her task was made near to impossible by the fact that Lucifer had somehow melted into the shadows, and that the man, who apparently was the enemy, mastered teleportation. She had no idea who he was, nor why he was here, and she felt herself frown at her lack of information. Who was he, and what did he want? He seemed more interested in Lucifer than the others of her group, and she guessed that was partly the reason he was here... But still. She didn't like it one bit.

Her eyes snapped to the fight, and she had to suppress the urge to join it and protect whom she'd been travelling with. To stand away from a fight wasn't something she'd usually do, but she feared that she'd be more of a distraction than help if she interrupted now... The silver haired man was on a completely different level than the magicians she had fought previously, and she knew that Azure knights were dangerous. She glanced over at Cloud, and an annoyed sigh made its way out of her mouth. If even he was merely watching when his student was fighting, she should probably do the same. But that didn't mean she liked it, not when it was obvious that they were struggling.

A flick of her wrist brought the desired orb into her hand, and not a second later she held a long, slim sword in its place. Yes, she would stand back, but that didn't mean she would do so unprepared. Another flick brought two additional orbs into her left hand, these meant to enchant her magical ability. The opponent wasn't someone she should underestimate, even if she was only on the sidelines. A glance backwards assured her that Sei, Sora and the other boy were still safely behind her, and a glance to the side revealed that the boy they had found Sora with - Kou? She though that was his name - was as ready for battle as she was. That was good. With a deep breath she redirected her attention to the fight, intending on being as ready as possible if she was needed.

Edited by Saikachan

"Foolish..." He muttered, still having the same confident smile on his face. Attacks were coming from almost every direction. Within a split second, he disappeared, leaving a trail of white flame from where he used to stand. How could we...?! Keith wondered, trying to stay vigilant as he looked around, finally, fixig his gaze on a high rock formation. "Come down here ya coward!" Keith shouted, pointing his sword, ready to launch an attack.

With a running boost, he threw himself at the sorceror, to which he just laughed again before disappearing. "Come out!" Keith shouted, sounded fairly annoyed. He wasn't composed at all. He knew his actions were reckless, after all, this is the same guy who was able to avoid several attacks with ease.

"I wasn't hiding" a voice whispered from behing with an arrogant tone. Immediately, Keith swung his sword at the trail of white flame. "Where--" before he could return to his form, the trainee was sent flying to the rocky walls. Toro who was behind him had used the same 'power' he used on Lorkin.

"Heh. You children are interesting..." He said calmly, before disappearing again. Huh..? Keith was trying to stand, when he suddenly paused, and satred at 'something'. At that moment, Toro appeared behind Lucifer and whispered "I'll be coming back for you my little kitten". He disappeared again and reappeared on a farther area which was just a meter away from where Sei and the others hid.

"I had fun, but alas! I must go. I shall be leaving my little kitten on your hands... For now..." He smiled before completely disappearing in a trail of bright flame.

What was that about...? Sei wondered in a daze...

((ok... We'll be continuing with the 'Mesria Arc' now... Sorta... And there'll be another somewhat crazy fight dry.gif))

Edited by Juzz

Tobias looked on with denial. What just happened? What's going on? The chaos was overwhelming, and Tobias loved it. He wanted more, and more, but he knew he couldn't have more, or was is wouldn't? He started smiling when the silver haired man disappeared, but he made sure that no one saw him.

Marvelous. He looked at Sora, then to the group, then back to Sora. "I think he left. That's weird." He got up and walked over to the group quiet casually. "I don't mean to be the guy who brings up reality, but shouldn't we be leaving this place and in a hurry?"

(Sorry for fail post tongue.gif I can't use the computer for about two months as I'm temperarily living with my mom so I have to use my iPod. Which is extremely cruddy.)

Lucifer glared at him, eyes narrowed in fury. "I'll be coming back for you my little kitten." Toro whispered, giving he what would've been a charming smile in any other situation. Knowing how much she wanted to rip him apart right now. And enjoying every moment of it. Disappearing in a flash, he reappeared not too far away.

"I had fun, but alas! I must go. I shall be leaving my little kitten on your hands... For now..." With those ominous parting words, the sorceror vanished with a blaze of white fire.

Lucifer stared in shock at the place where he had stood so arrogantly. It had all taken place within several minutes, yet fighting those knights already felt like a lifetime away. She looked around her, eyes strangely blank and hollow. Like bottomless pits. So quick, yet so much damage done. And all by one person. She slumped backwards, resting for a secound. The effort to fend the silvery haired man had taken so much energy. But still, reluctantly, she pulled herself up. The girl started towards Jin and Lorkin as fast as she could. The panther was missing chunks of fur and looked very battered. But Jin. He looked terrible. The darkness had obviously taken a lot of effort to control.

"I-I'm sorry." Lucifer whispered, finally crossing to his side after spending what seemed lime forever walking towards him. She was slightly surprised at herself; this wasn't like her at all. Lorkin nuzzled her hand reassuringly and she reached to stroke his head. His fur was in disrray, covered in dust and grit, and a bit bloody from him wounds. Suddenly, she was aware that she wasn't in much better state herself. Swaying slightly as she stood, her hair was a wild mess.

Jin watched as his attack had little effect. Part of him was still rational and began to realize that fighting this man was pointless, but more of him grew irrational as every second ticked by. The other side of him wanted to pour on more power, more energy, to suck it in and spew it out like a great dark eruption... His left eye burned like wildfire and his body trembled lightly, dealing with the power inside him that he hadn't fully spent.

He couldn't see anyone, just the man, then even he was gone and Jin found himself alone in a dark battlefield with no enemy, no target, no focus, no release... He saw the world in shades of grey and black and purple, swirling colors that had been directing his attacks at his foe. Suddenly Lucifer was there, at his side, a darkness and an emptiness... a target.

His right arm, the one closes to her, lashed out and latched on her shoulder. The other flew at her face, razor like claws extended... but it suddenly stopped, half an inch away. Jin froze in this position, staring at Lucifer though not quite seeing her clearly. His grip on her loosened slightly as she came into view, part of him recognizing her and part still a blind fury, seeking a target, a release point.

He could see her face now, and his mouth moved but no words were formed. Something like tears of blood and water slowly formed in his right eye and poured over, running down his face and dropping onto the black armor on his chest. There the tears sizzled like water on a hot stove or like acid on skin. Slowly, very slowly, Jin closed his left eye, the whole time the yellow slit of an iris glared at the woman in front of him. Finally it was shut and like a stone thrown into a pond, ripples spread from his left eyelids and as they passed over his armor it shattered, falling onto the ground like glass, breaking as it turned to ash and dissolved into the wind. The mark on his forehead twisted down his body, reforming the tattoos he had borne earlier.

He removed his hand from Lucifer's shoulder and stared at it with his good eye, his other hand he placed over his left eye. Now more than ever he understood the wisdom of the masters. Power such as this was not for knights in training to know, they lacked control... he lacked control... and it had almost cost lives, both his and hers.

"My... Choice..." he breathed, gasping now for air as if he had been deprived this whole time. "My choice to protect you... our choice to accept you into the group. Your past demons," he motioned weakly to the place the man had finally vanished from. "Your past. Everything you brought into this group when you joined, was accepted. Don't be sorry for what we chose, for what I chose." Jin couched, wiping a little blood from his mouth and face before he recovered enough to speak again. "I chose it freely." She looked like she was about to topple over, and Jin felt roughly the same way but he reached out an arm and carefully wrapped it around her shoulders, balancing her and himself together.

He turned now to Cloud, "Forgive me... Sempai. I know you'll tell me it was foolish. In the end... it seemed futile. All it proves is that I'm not ready, not strong enough... maybe they were wrong to spare my life all those years ago when I was born, I don't know anymore..."

"That's whhat I was trying to tell ya!" Keith slapped Jin's back. He was smiling, yet it seemed as though he was in pain. "Seriously... That's our last resort... You're not alone y'know..." he whispered before approaching those who were behind the rocks. He was waving at them like nothing happened.

Kou was in a daze as he slowly lowered his sword. He was in doubt of what just happened... It was all so fast. One thing did race in his mind, he was way out of their league. "Kou...?" a soft voice whispered bringing him back to his senses.It was a Sei. He seemed like he was hesitating to speak to Kou. "Uh... What?" Kou asked with an unsure tone. It was as if he wasn't completely with them yet. "Shouldn't we head out soon?" Sei asked with a hint of fear in his voice. Either he was still in shccok of the recent event or he was worried about more attacks. Kou looked around before answering. "We'd better get everyone healed up first before we continue."

"She's way ahead of ya" Keith suddenly spoke with his usual carefree tone. Behind him was Sora who was applying a ealing spell on him. A faint green light glowed from Sora's hand as a symbol appeared on her forehead. Mesria's crest. "... Wow. Fast. And I feel good as new already!" Keith exclaimed as he stretched his arms. Sor smiled at him before approaching Lucifer and the others to heal them up...

(( fail... dry.gif ))

Lucifer stared at Jin emotionlessly, as his hand suddenly shot forward and grabbed onto her shoulder. The sharp claws dug into her flesh but she didn't move. She didn't care. It was her fault this was happening anyways. As his other hand slashed towards her face, she just stood there limply. Waiting. But instead of it slicing into her, it stopped just short. The girl blinked in surprise. Why had he stopped? She looked up, to see his eyes wild and animal-like. Slowly, he closed the left one as a strange liquid cascaded down. When it was finally shut, he actually seemed... regretful. He's not angry... She thought, slightly shocked.

As he returned to normal, Jin removed his hand from her shoulder. Leaving behind a bloody hole. Ignoring the sudden shock of pain, Lucifer stared at him, as if just waking up from a long sleep.

"My... Choice..." The knight gasped, gaping for air, "My choice to protect you... our choice to accept you into the group. Your past demons," He gestured weakly to where Toro had disappeared,"Your past. Everything you brought into this group when you joined, was accepted. Don't be sorry for what we chose, for what I chose."

With that said, Jin crouched on the ground, and wiped a bit of blood off his sweaty face. After recovering a bit, he said finally, "I chose it freely." And despite looking exhausted himself, he wrapped his arms around Lucifer, pulling her close. She peered into his good eye. There was definitely no anger or remorse. Smiling, she rested her head on his shoulder. Lorkin padded up, and snuggled against the two of them, purring. The extra support was helpful, as they both felt like falling over.

"Forgive me... Sempai. I know you'll tell me it was foolish. In the end... it seemed futile. All it proves is that I'm not ready, not strong enough... maybe they were wrong to spare my life all those years ago when I was born, I don't know anymore..." Jin said, looking at Cloud.

Lucifer shook her head, "Dun't say that. Wut would I do if they hadn't spared you?"

Tobias felt like a spectator in all of this. He looked at Lucifer, then Gin, then Lorkin, then to the others and finally to Sora. She was healing people as usual. Even Sora's doing something. Why can't I do something? Tobias looked down then went back to the rock he was sitting on.

I will get stronger, but how? Look at them. They're powerful beyond recognition, but at what cost? They're a mess, damaged, and that's on the outside. What if I become like that? Maybe that's why.....

He walked back to the group and particularly to Lorkin, Gin, and Lucifer, then asked; "Do you mind if I heal you? I'm not very experienced in the healing arts, and any training would be beneficial." He said it so that Sora could hear it as well.

Cloud had his hand on the hilt of his sword, fully ready to take out the man when Jin's and everyone else's attacks seemed useless against him. He couldn 't help but snarl as he heard what this man of great magic said to everyone before disappearing in white flames, he could see this had taken an swful lot out of Lucifer and the others.

Suddenly Jin was attacking Lucifer but stopped himself just in time, Cloud himself had covered 100 meters in a very short span of time when he stopped as he saw Jin stop. He allowed the magic to die back down again, he would follow his promise that he made to Jin but it had been close.

He listened to what Jin had to say before he laid his hand on his shoulder, Keith was in fine spirits as he heard what he whispered to Jin. In-Training days were great....being able to make these mistakes was what they were all about but not with this power.

"If you weren't around then this group wouldn't be complete and also I would be more than likely a very cranky person hanging around with all these crazy people"

He chuckled lightly giving his shoulder a small squeeze before offering his own shoulder for support.

"Lets get you over to Sora, both of ye. We will let you off this time Jin, next time I'll make you heal yourself or let them heal naturally....and Lucifer.......if ya ever need ta talk, I'm here"

He said quietly to the girl, she looked exhausted. He felt bad for her at once, he didn't know why this guy was after her but something told him that he might already know this guy from somewhere.