Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

Maro didn't remember having such vivid dreams ever before in her life. They weren't really good or bad dreams, just... dreams. Her final dream had something to do with an ocean, and she awoke to found herself suffocating in dog slobber...

"Get off, ye mutt!" She shoved her enthusiastic wolf off of herself and stood, brushing off her outfit. She sighed and pulled some leaves out of her hair. It had been a good thing she had been able to get more coal; though she didn't mind her hair color, she certainly minded people staring at her.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, holding it for ten seconds. Her wolf simply sat in front of her and stared at her. After ten seconds, Maro released the breath slowly. She then grinned and her eyes opened wide. "Goooooood morning!!!!" She yelled to the forest. A few birds flew away, but besides that, nothing answered her. She then grinned down at her hybrid. "Today's going to be a lovely day, I just know it! Now let's go get some breakfast, shall we?"

The wolf licked her hand in response. Maro shoved her crossbow onto its latch and took off at a brisk jog towards the inn. Upon arriving there she tossed a large chunk of raw meat to her wolf before heading in. She wasn't surprised to see that Alazne, Cloud, Jin and Sei were already there. She immediately went and sat next to Sei, not at all noticing the newcomer with Cloud.

"Good morning, Cloud, Alazne, Jin! Good morning, Sei! I wish to thank you again for-" she paused, seeing a rather distressed look on Sei's face. She spoke in a more toned down voice then. "Everything alright?"

Jin forced the smile to remain on his face as Cloud asked the question. The truth was that he was not ok, he was less ok than he had ever been... but that truth was true everyday, everyday that he wasn't a knight was one day worse off, period.

But last night, or early that morning if you prefer, he had released a lot of pent up energy... he always got a ton of pent up energy after recovering from wounds... probably due to all the laying in bed with nothing to do but sleep... and he didn't even like to sleep that often. So, on one hand he was worse off, but on the other hand he had given himself some release and that helped... though the forest was a few trees fewer than it had been... on the up side he had managed to turn out a door at the end of it.

But he didn't want the others to think he was like this all the time, losing his... control, and so froth... even if that was more true than not when he was stuck around a lot of other people for extended periods of time.

"Well considering that I'm the only one ever to live this long in my condition I'm doing great, just peachy sempai." Jin smiled but it wasn't a joke... and it wasn't funny, "there isn't much that can be done, the sooner we reach the hidden village the better off I'll be, I'm fine for now."

Ignoring the fact that Jin ignored them (except Cloud), Keith introduced himself again. He made it audible enough for everyone to hear, especially for Maro who just arrived. "I'll be joining you guys! I'm Keith Azerith by the way, Azure Knight in-training. You can call me Kei" he said in a happy tone. He continued listening to Jin's words as he ate his small breakfast. "You're not the only one..." he muttered with a sigh.

As soon as Maro arrived, Sei tried to withdraw himself behind her. His had a frightened look in his face. It was quite hard to see because of the hood, adding to that is the lack of light. He whispered in a weak and terrified voice "H-he's... That guy... He's the Wind Assassin!"

Lucifer yawned and blinked open her sleepy eyes. A shadow slipped past her into the forest. It was Jin. Oh well... She thought to herself, lying back down onto Lorkin's silky fur. He had a right to go out if he wanted to. A bit of worry tapped at the edge of her consciousness but she pushed it aside. After wriggling about a bit, the girl snuggled deeper into the soft mound of panther. Closing her eyes, she drifted back to sleep.

In her dreams, Lucifer wandered about a dark forest, surrounded by shadows. She didn't mind though, this was nothing unusual. For some strange reason, her hours in sleep were always spent in this dark place. A thin beam of moonlight shone down through an open area where trees hadn't taken root. Creeping cautiously through the undergrowth, the girl peered out. The single slice of light illuminated a dark shape.

She tried to see what it was, but couldn't. A dark forbidding thought pushed against the edge of her mind. Lucifer tried to grasp at it but like trying to hold the wind, it slipped away tauntingly. Suddenly, a loud noise rumbled throughout the forest, filling the air until there was nothing else, just the deep resonating sound. A hauntingly familiar sound.

Her eyes snapped open. Lorkin was nudging at her with his soft paws. The rumbling noise was emitting from him. Still though, she was worried. Lucifer sat up, eyes dark with worry. There was definitely something wrong. Very wrong. Was she forgetting something? The dark figure... she had seen it before. She knew what it was. But... what was it? Again, she reached for the tiny thread of info, only to have it slip away again. Sighing, she got to her feet and beckoned to the panther. "Let's go hon."

Walking in through the entrance of the inn, she noticed that the door had been replaced. Looking around, the girl spotted Jin conversing with Cloud. "Umm... Hey." Lucifer said, walking over. "Did you guys replace the door?" She tried to look a bit brighter, but the doomed feeling from the dream had followed her into the waking world. Lorkin twitched his tail and sat next to her, ignoring the slightly frightened looks on the other people's face.

Catching the end of Keith's sentence, Lucifer sighed. Yet another person? Wasn't their party big enough already?

The sooner, the better" Cloud replied before he snapped out of the close conversation he was having with Jin as Lucifer came along asking had them replaced the door.

"Nah, it was all Jin's doing!" He answered her slapping his hand on Kin's shoulder looked mighty fine before he was turning back to the group to tell them to eat up when the weak small voice of Sei sneaked out,

"H-he's... That guy... He's the Wind Assassin!"

Cloud froze halfway through walking across the short distance to the table they had been eating at when he heard this.

"Keith? The Wind Assassin....? that name....where did I hear that name!" and then the answer hit him, it was in that Inn in Kevia! He had heard the men speaking about such a person but had put it down to tales of drunken friends but still....

"Sei! What makes you say such a thing you....!" Cloud snapped over in Sei's direction renting his angry over in his direction mainly because he didn't want Kei on the spot.

"Yeah," Jin smiled as Lucifer came over to them, "I made it last night, woke up with too much pent up energy, decided to make a door out of some of the trees." He nodded at her and the big cat, "I hope I didn't wake you, I tried to go far enough away."

A bit of actual concern glinted in his eyes, true he had noticed them, well.. that is after he almost stumbled onto them, he hadn't expected to run into someone in the forest so he hadn't been careful about how he went in or out. Still... it's not like he made a ton of noise... just tore a few trees apart for an hour and bound them back together into a door...

He wondered if Lucifer had woken up though, and followed him. That would explain the strange4 feeling he felt after nearly running into them in the forest, almost like someone or something was watching him... or trying to, but kept fading away anytime he tried to get a fix on their direction, he had decided to ignore it, maybe he should have investigated... still... why would Lucifer just watch him. A frown passed over his face but he quickly hid it, he hoped she hadn't seen anything if it was her, he almost regretted his actions. He had let go for a while because no one was around, let the rage out to play and tore up the forest, then forced himself to calm down and meditate while constructing the door.

It was important to do both parts, the rage, then the meditation. The rage was necessary for release and cleansing, the meditation was to prevent any harmful effects that opening yourself to wanton rage would have on you over time, something the monks had taught him. Still, it would have looked very... odd to anyone watching, and he didn't want to have to explain it.

He watched Lucifer's face carefully, waiting to gauge her reaction. . Unfortunately he didn't get one, because suddenly someone said "wind assassin" and everyone started... well they started, Cloud got angry, Sei looked ready to wet himself, and the rest of the occupants looked confused, though some were earnestly whispering to one another, passing one pale face on to the rest with whatever they were saying.

Wind Assassin, the name didn't ring any bells, so Jin just stepped slightly to his left, unknowingly placing himself between Lucifer and the rest of the room's occupants, that's a cool name... silent as the wind, like the wind able to slip through nets and the tiniest entrances, a noise that everyone hears but no one listens to, something felt but impossible to see, why didn't I think of a name like that... if Sempai can be Cloud, I can be Wind right?

Edited by Rakashua

The frightened little boy flinched as Cloud spoke. It took some time before he was able to get himself to speak. "... I... I've seen him..." Sei answered softly, his head bowed down low. Keith just stared at them innocently, still bothered by the fact that Sei looked familiar. That was until as if lightning struck him as he suddenly remembered the boy. "Hey! You're that kid knight those Gresia weirdos captured for information!" he suddenly blurted out, pointing at Sei.

The boy flinched yet again and froze. His hands were ice cold as he remembered the events which took place. "Geez... And you were asleep almost the whole time..."he added. At that point, Sei almost jumped off his feet, his hood fell, revealing his whole face. It was like he was about to cry, not out of fear, but something else...

"W-wait...? I was... Asleep...? The whole time...?" he asked in a surprised tone. The trainee also seemed surprised at the boy's reaction. "Eh? Oh. I... Dunno. I wasn't there the whole time" he answered casually, still unaware of the situation.

The Wind Assassin?

It didn't sound like a good title, Maro noted, but she wasn't sure what it meant. She frowned and looked carefully at the person who called himself (himself? yes, the name was male) Keith.

"Sei! What makes you say such a thing you....!" It was Cloud who spoke this time. Maro gave Cloud an annoyed look.

What makes you THINK he says that, hmm Cloud? Yes, Sei just likes randomly blaming people and calling them Assassins!

"... I... I've seen him..."

Maro looked back at Sei with some concern and glared at Cloud. She was about to speak when the Keith boy spoke up, mentioning something about Sei being captured by 'Gresia weirdos.' She frowned. Was he talking about the bandits they had rescued Sei from, or someone else?

Then suddenly Sei was on his feet, and Maro quickly joined him, not wanting to be the only one sitting in such a sudden discussion.

"W-wait...? I was... Asleep...? The whole time...?"

"Eh? Oh. I... Dunno. I wasn't there the whole time."

Maro frowned, suddenly suspicious of the new person that was to join their team. "Wait a minute... so the Gresia weirdos capture him," she said, indicating Sei, "and you were watching?" She crossed her arms. "When was this?" The question was directed either at Sei or Keith, whoever would answer, but the hostility and caution was aimed towards Keith. She gave Cloud a side-glare, one that clearly meant to remind him that Sei was a part of their group already, and that Keith was not.

She asked the question to Keith partly to pipe down discussion of the Wind Assassin. She didn't know much about it, but she could guess that it wasn't something to speak of in public. She did, however, intend to thoroughly know why Sei didn't like the newcomer before coming anywhere near accepting him.

Wind Assassin? Alazne had just gotten her food and started to eat when Jin came and revealed the fact that he had replaced the door, before Maro and Lucifer had come down. She hadn't managed to tell them both good morning before Sei suddenly whispered something about Keith being the Wind Assassin, and everyone became upset in some sort of way... Well, not everyone. Cloud looked angry that Sei had accused Keith of being the Wind Assassin, Maro looked angry that Cloud was angry at Sei, and Jin looked like he didn't really know who this Wind Assassin was supposed to be, but still reacted by placing himself between potential trouble and Lucifer...

She filed that information in the back of her mind for later use, before she heard Maro speak up. "Wait a minute... so the Gresia weirdos captured him and you were watching? When was this?" Taking another bite of her food, she turned around so she was facing the action, noticing that everyone except her was standing. The fact brought a frown to her face, and she placed her food back down on the counter, discreetly making sure all her orbs were in place.

"Good morning, Maro, Lucifer, Jin." Her eyes glanced from Keith, who was the object of Maro's hostility, to Sei, who looked rather scared, before she smiled at the whole group. "Why don't you sit down? It's terribly annoying having to look up at you." That, and people had a tendency to talk things over more easily if they were sitting down, at least in her experience.

Having said that, she turned her attention to Maro, trying to answer her question to the best of her ability. "I would think he was captured during Gresia's invasion of Kevia a few days ago, although..." She looked towards Sei, before she turned her attention to Keith. "I would appreciate it if you explained some more." As far as she knew, the Wind Assassin was someone Gresia had hired during their attack on Kevia. What she wanted to know was mainly three things; if Keith really was the Wind Assassin, and if he was, how he came to be here and which connection he had with Sei.

Edited by Saikachan

Cloud caught the side glance from Maro, he knew the girl had a soft spot for Sei but he could almost taste the tension filling the room as both Sei and Keith made commented that even puzzled his mind. He still didn't like how the other's were ganging up on Keith who appeared as cool as ever, not really knowing he was surrounded by Knights and Assassin's already!

"I agree with Alazne, lets just calm down and talk about this...the last thing we want is the whole damn Inn knowing about what's been happening" He hissed notioning with his head for Keith to take a seat. Cloud made his way to the table but took a seat as far from Sei and where-ever Maro sat as well. He didn't...no couldn't allow either of the two to have a go at Keith, he was over-seeing the boy to Azure and wanted both his trainee's there in one piece.

Two-and-two clicked as Alazne spoke, and Maro looked at Sei with slight confusion. She had a question and believed she knew the answer, but asking him here wouldn't be any good; it would only make things more chaotic, or at the very least bring shame up for Sei. She sat down, having only stood for Sei's defense. She was with allies, she knew, not enemies. She wasn't a fighter anyways; she certainly knew how to fight but would never start a pointless fight or allow herself provoked. She only fought when there was a good reason.

She again glanced at Sei. From what Keith and Alazne had said, it sounded to her like Sei was possibly the one who...

Oh, the poor boy. Could it really have been him? No... no way! But... if they're telling the truth and Sei's not denying it...

She glanced at Cloud for a flash-second, hoping he wasn't thinking what she was thinking. After all, it was just a wild guess, and if it was true it wasn't Sei's fault anymore than it could have been anyone's fault.

"I would appreciate it if you explained some more." It was Alazne who spoke, and Maro nodded. "Yes, do explain. If Sei was captured by the Gresia people, how did you know?" She certainly wasn't one for interrogations, and her voice now held no hostility or blame; only cautious curiosity. She noted Cloud's position in the room and wondered what he was thinking. He certainly was unpredictable, she decided, though not so much as the woman called Lucifer.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Jin was a bit confused by this point, apparently Sei and Keith were not friends, or maybe even enemies, on the other hand they were talking to each other as if they had been together for a while. Cloud sempai of course too Keith's side, and maro sides with Sei, though it wasn't like there was a battle about to start amongst the group, but the tension was high.

Something suddenly concurred to Jin, "Sempai," he spoke up, "all other questions aside, and I don't mean to suspicious only logical. Why don't you and I make sure that Keith is an azure knight in training, it's quick, simple, and we can know for sure." Jin nodded to himself as he explained his reasoning, "it's the only question currently in the air that the truth can be arrived at quickly and without any trust needed, just take him upstairs with me and test him. And I so apologize Keith, I'm not questioning your validity, it's merely the most simple answer we can get that we know no one could fake or lie about, not even a wind assassin, whatever that is."

This all made sense in Jin's head, it was true after all. Only an azure knight or knight in training would be able to pass the test. Cloud would know how to administer the test, all full knights did, and then they would know at least one thing for sure.

What Jin didn't realize is that he had no social tact or grace whatsoever, and therefore he may have come off as accusatory and demeaning without realizing it.

At Alazne's words, Sei sighed and tried to keep himself calm. He sat close to Maro by instinct. When he was about to speak, Keith unintentionally cut in. "This is kinda complicated... " he said scratching his head. Lesee... Reiou always told me to explain things from the beginning... So... "This boy here... Sei... He was one of those Kevia Knights. Those captured two or three days ago" he said in a serious tone, trying to recall the events. "Cloud-senpai, remember my most recent job I told you about? The war which lasted for 4 hours. That day, we retreated after capturing six young Knights, one of which was this boy" he paused for a while to drink a bit of water. Apparently, he was still oblivious of the hostility of those surrounding him. He has already put his trust on his senior's group.

"Errr...Guess 'watching' wasn't the right word... Let's just say I was walking around the camp, waiting for my pay. Then I saw him chained up, sleeping. I dunno what happened to him next, I already left that time" he added, pushing back his clean plate. At Keith's final words, Sei flinched and tried to speak again. "Oh... Ah... So... About that day... Right after dawn, they... Released me... I grabbed Vei and material from our house (which was, by chance, close by)... And then was captured again by bandits..." he said in a soft voice. He looked and sounded worried, although less than at first.

"Haha... You look like you're worried that you were worried that those weirdos did something to you! Cast a spell of truth or somethin'!" Keith exclaimed standing up, his bag, dangling down his shoulder. Turning to Jin after hearing his words, Keith smiled. At that moment, it was almost impossible to tell that he was actually a guy. "Sure! A true Azure Knight never backs down! Though... I'm just a trainee..." he said enthusiastically, with the last part sounding a bit disappointed.

Edited by Juzz

Maro frowned but was quiet as Keith spoke and then Jin. She then turned to Cloud. "I don't know much about the kingdoms, but it sounds as though your little friend here was one who helped bring down Kevia? And he (or she? I'm confused? He looks like a girl but his name...?) was being payed for it?" Maro crossed her arms.

"The more I see of you, the more I think you have a tendency to make bad friends." Maro felt a twinge of guilt after saying this, as it was about the meanest thing she had said in months.

She shook her head. "Alright, you go and 'test' this Keith person, but keep in mind what I've said. Sei, come with me, I need to water my wolf." With that Maro stood and headed towards the door, expecting Sei to follow. In truth she wished to talk to him in private. She now had a lot of questions, and certainly didn't want Cloud around to interrupt Sei while she asked him.

Her positive nature didn't allow her to actually be angry at Cloud, but she was a bit angered if her suspicions about Keith were right. He--or she--seemed all too casual with the whole matter, and that bothered Maro. Another reason why she generally avoided people.

Sei wasn't able to answer Maro at that moment. He just kept silent with a dazed look. Keith on the other hand, just watched, still unaware of the situation. Brought down Kevia huh...? Not that I did much... Technically, all I did was stall... he thought, turning toward Jin, ready to take this 'test'.

Upon Maro's words, Sei slowly, and quietly followed her from behind. He looked rather worried as before. Most likely, he was thinking about the past events. In fact, he looks confused himself at that moment.

Cloud listened in silence to Keith's story not making any movements or showing any sign of emotion till he had finished, it was then Maro made the comments about how he made bad friends and that it was Keith who had brought down Kevia. From the back of his throat, a deep growl hissed out from his teeth as he heard the comments and his eyes narrowed.

"Azure Knights are loyal only to their own kingdom Maro, if we are paid to bring down a kingdom then we do it with no questions asked. Its our way of life, I wouldn't expect you to understand nor anyone else for that matter. Keith did what he was paid to do, wasn't his fault Sei wasn't quick enough to get away!" He snarled at her as she walked from the Inn to go get water for her wolf. Cloud heard Jin's comment and nodded in agreement.

"Good thinking Jin, when-ever your ready Keith" Cloud said getting up and heading up the stairs to his room where he would be standing with his arms folded at the window looking out across the small town with a face of one who was deep in thought.

Lucifer spotted the look of unease in Jin's eyes. Twirling a strange of his hair between her fingers, she pushed aside her own misgivings. "Something wrong?" But noticing how he tried to quickly hide it, she let the subject drop. The girl listened silently as everyone argued. Really, what was the problem? Does it really matter? Lorkin let out a slight rumble, agreeing with her. They had a rare connection that allowed them to know what eachother are thinking.

"Alrighty then. Let's see what you can do Cloud!" Lucifer said finally, without waiting to see if she would be allowed to go. Resting her chin on Jin's shoulder she smiled before twisting around to look at him. "And Jin, we still gonna go training?" Lorkin tugged on her leg gently, his sharp teeth scraping against her leather bands. "Alright. Alright." He was such a jealous creature sometimes.

Maro attempted to tune-out Cloud as she exited the door. She was fairly angry at him now. As Sei and her exited earshot, she began walking towards the forest, making sure Sei was staying with her. "They do what they're paid to do? Some knights! They must have changed since I was young. My father always told me stories of knights who actually had hearts or morals, one or the other or both, and used them! It sounds to me like these Azure Knights are mere mercenaries. And asking no questions? Unintelligent mercenaries at that! They could be tricked into betraying their own kingdom! I have half a mind to--"

She paused, thinking about what Cloud had said. Yes, it was good to be loyal to a nation, she supposed, but did Cloud even consider what his wonderful group of thugs had just done? They had completely destroyed the structure of a kingdom, ending the reign of peace that had lasted so long.

She suddenly saw the look on Sei's face and frowned. "Sei, this isn't your fault," she tried. "I'm not that educated, I don't know a lot about the kingdoms, but it seems to me that there was no way that anything you could have done would have stopped them from getting the information they needed to raid Kevia." She was still guessing here, but continued anyways. "They would have found another knight, interrogated him." She sighed as a wet nose suddenly bumped her hand. She didn't respond to it, still looking at Sei. Her wolf could sense her distress. "Anyways, we don't have to travel with them. Let them go and do whatever, mess up this world and that town, travel with this Wind Assassin, but right now I'm on the verge of refusing to even converse with them. They seem so thoughtless!"

Ah, that felt better. It was always nice to vent, but Maro stopped speaking, knowing that Sei likely had something to say... if he had the guts to say it.

~Cloud's behavior was one of the reasons Maro tended to avoid humans. Wolves were so logical. They had their set pack structure and they knew other wolves did as well, so they stayed out of each other's territories. If game became scarce, they traveled to unoccupied areas, not areas already occupied, no matter how rich they were with prey. Only the fools attacked other packs... and the fools did not survive to pass on their genes. Yes, wolves were sensible. So why were the only creatures with souls so hard to understand?~

It was after Maro finished speaking that Sei began to answer. He looked even worse than he was at the bandit hideout, not in a frightened way, but in a troubled kind of way. "I-I... I don't know anymore... I tried to run... I should've listened to everyone..." he was at the verge of tears. It was quite obvious that he was trying to hide it the way he kept lowering his head. "Everyone told me I'm not meant to be a knight... A true Kevia Knight... Is loyal to his kingdom... Even in the face of death" he added. He paused for a while and seemed to wiped something off his face. "I don't know if I did it... I don't remember anything else..."

"Thank you for sticking by..." he smiled weakly, raising his head. H eyes were a bit reddish. "Knights are all different though. Kevia Knights are known for strength and bravery... Viziel Knights are known for their magic and elegance... Azure Knights are known for their speed and determination in any situation... But all knights are bound by their loyalty" he paused for again an looked at the girl with a gentle smile. "Azure Kingdom is not as rich as other kingdoms... Their a fairly small kingdom with abundant resources. They're very susceptible to being taken over, and yet, they are safe... That is because they keep neutrality through lending their knights... With a fee... Binding their loyalty to their master" he stopped again and turned around. "They are doing it for the love of their kingdom... So please don't blame them... If there's anyone who should leave... It should be me. I will just be a burden. I can't fight. I'm a coward. I can't use magic..." he continued with a sad tone.

((Urgh had a nice long post here and then the system deleted it by accident refresh O.O))

Maro immediately felt bad for ranting when she saw the look on Sei's face. This had to be hard for him, she realized. "I-I... I don't know anymore... I tried to run... I should've listened to everyone..." Maro blinked and looked away, not wanting to shame Sei by watching him cry. She felt bad enough as it was; it had to be hard, being in that situation... though she still wasn't quite sure what 'that' situation was.

"Everyone told me I'm not meant to be a knight... A true Kevia Knight... Is loyal to his kingdom... Even in the face of death." There was a short pause, and Maro found herself nodding distantly, though Sei wasn't looking. "I don't know if I did it... I don't remember anything else..." Maro took a deep breath. She wondered what it was like to be in that situation... to have such a loyalty to a nation, people, family, that even unintentionally possibly maybe betraying them in a sense would bring crushing feelings of despair. She had never felt this way, except maybe towards her wolf, but with him it was either give all or give nothing; dogs lived and died. Humans, kingdoms, were a completely different story. Maro cherished human life above anything else and would have sacrificed her wolf for any human, save the most wretched and evil beings.

"Thank you for sticking by..." Maro returned Sei's smile, trying to look understanding.

"Knights are all different though. Kevia Knights are known for strength and bravery... Viziel Knights are known for their magic and elegance... Azure Knights are known for their speed and determination in any situation... But all knights are bound by their loyalty." Maro gazed at Sei, trying to picture what he meant. "Azure Kingdom is not as rich as other kingdoms... Their a fairly small kingdom with abundant resources. They're very susceptible to being taken over, and yet, they are safe... That is because they keep neutrality through lending their knights... With a fee... Binding their loyalty to their master." Sei blinked, suddenly seeming to understand. "They are doing it for the love of their kingdom... So please don't blame them... If there's anyone who should leave... It should be me. I will just be a burden. I can't fight. I'm a coward. I can't use magic..." Maro shook her head quickly, putting into the back of her mind a note to possibly apologize (or would it be forgive in this case?) to Cloud later.

"You're not a burden, Sei," she started softly. "If anyone's done anything to keep this group together, it's been you. Who got the group moving when the lady Lucifer would have kept fighting? Who threw the-- the spice ball," Maro smiled, "when Jin arrived? He would certainly have killed those wolves if you hadn't. Who led the way to the next city, and actually shopped for resources instead of staying at the inn and killing who-knows-what resident of this town?" Maro's smile increased a little, but quickly faded as she found the serious words she had been looking for.

"Listen, Sei, I... think I understand Cloud somewhat better now, but I don't see why we're with this group in the first place. As I saw it, some random young man at an inn told me the mark--Requiem, was it?--had something to do with destiny and we had to leave, but besides that I have no reason to travel with this group. I don't know who the Wind Assassin is, I don't know what the Requiem is, but if it's important somehow, I'm willing to stay with them. So," she finished, straightening a bit, "you call the shots, Sei. If you find reason to stay with this group, I'll stay with them. If not, I have better things to do." She spoke softly but seriously.

She wasn't sure if she'd travel with Sei if they split off. She certainly didn't want to abandon him to his own grief, but she didn't want to intrude, either. To her he was the closest thing she had had for a friend in months (besides her canine companion) even though she had only known him for two days, but she didn't see friends as necessary right then. Friends were friends, they came and went. She wondered, if Sei did split, where would he go? He couldn't possibly go back to the ruins of Kevia.

At Maro's words, Sei smiled. He looked a lot better now, the worry in his face was gone. "T-thanks..." he said softly, as he drew closer to the rest of the group. "... If... Everyone will let me stay... Then... I will" he added, turning back to her for a moment. "... And thank you for trusting me..." he added. He said that without turning back to her. His voice trembled a little, his face also turned a bit red. Though, like the usual, he tried hiding again, lowering his head, other than the fact that he wasn't facing her that time.

((I hate it when I have to repeat typing everything dry.gif. What's worse is our computer randomly turns off time by time...))

Alazne remained quiet during the rest of the... Conversation? To her it actually felt more like a quarrel, but it didn't seem as if it would move into something serious, so she wouldn't interfere. It wasn't any of her business what they were disagreeing about, even though it would be much better if they were all friends... At least if she was going to be travelling with them. But if it came to hostility, she wouldn't just sit still doing nothing, she was sure of that. She would take the side she believed was in the right, or she wouldn't take any side at all.

Her eyes moved from Maro to Cloud, noticing that the main part of the hostility was between the two of them, before her eyes turned to Lucifer, who had stayed uncharacteristically silent. Not that she knew much of the girl, it was just her first impression... She sighed silently when Maro mentioned that Cloud had a tendency to make bad friends, but frowned at Cloud when he all but growled at the traveller in return. From his words it seemed as if he was putting most of the blame on Sei, without considering the fact that his own side might not be so free of guilt, and while she believed Cloud to be smarter than that, he could have chosen to word himself much differently.

She shook her head in a nearly sad fashion once she was the only one left in the room, turning back to her food. It had turned cold, but she didn't notice as she finished it slowly. This group she was travelling with consisted of so different personalities, it was a wonder they had made it all the way here before they clashed... Not that she believed this was going to make them split, as they were all going the same way... Come to think of it, where were they going? She frowned at herself, for not knowing, before she rose from her chair. Since she didn't know, maybe she should ask someone?

Her eyes went to the stairs, before she walked outside to try to locate Maro and Sei. The two of them had left to find her wolf, as far as she knew, and her eyes lit up at the thought of meeting the animal again. Dogs were her favourite kind of animal. But where were they? They couldn't have gone too far, right?

She finally spotted them near the forest, and a small smile appeared on her face. "Hello, both of you. I thought I'd see how you were doing... Watering the wolf?" The smile turned nearly amused, before her eyes landed on Sei. "Just so you know, I don't think anyone blames you for anything. Cloud was just looking out for one of his own, so you shouldn't take what he says too close to heart." Her smile widened, before she cocked her head. "Though, I am wondering about something... Do any of you know exactly where we are going?"

Sei almost jumped up from Alazne's sudden appearance. He was surprised by the sudden call of his name out of nowhere. Though it was obvious, he tried to hide that he was in fact surprised. "Oh, A-alazne... Where... Uhhh... I'm going to Arcaia. I'm supposed to have a relative there. I believe Cloud and the others are headed for Azure, which we have to pass by to get to Arcaia. I believe we'd also go through Viziel" he answered.

Maro was as surprised as Sei was when Alazne appeared. She had forgotten that Alazne had even been in the inn and was now slightly embarrassed at her earlier behavior. She still had to figure out how to apologize to Cloud, if she was going to.

Maro listened closely as Sei explained where everyone was going.

"I'm going to Arcaia. I'm supposed to have a relative there. I believe Cloud and the others are headed for Azure, which we have to pass by to get to Arcaia. I believe we'd also go through Viziel."

"I'm just going with because of the Requiem, I suppose. And that strange red-head back at the other inn. I suppose the only reason I really started traveling with this group was because Cloud and Nixa and I all escaped Kevia together." She smiled, quite fond of the memory. "Once the group disperses I'll just be on my way, like usual." Maro was surprised to find that a part of her almost felt sad about the fact that the group would eventually split. Perhaps she appreciated human presence more than she thought she did.

She laughed as her wolf suddenly went bounding from her to Alazne and licked the knight's hand. Still smiling and in better spirits, Maro asked, "Where are you going Alazne?"

~In truth, Maro planned to stay with Sei when the group split, just to make sure he actually had a relative in Arcaia. She hated the thought of anything happening to someone who seemed to have such a noble heart, and she would have nothing better to do at that point either. She wondered what she would do after splitting with the group. Go back to traveling with her wolf? Likely, and perhaps teach him a bit more about battle as well!~

"Red-head...?" Sei muttered to himself, puzzled. It's not that red-heads are rare, in fact, it quite common, Cloud for example. But being a long time citizen of Kevia, he knew red heads are not common in the kingdom. In fact, he has never seen a red head other than the prince of Kevia himself.

"I guess... That could best scenario..." he answered, sounding disappointed. "We're lucky to at least reach Cuerdia... With all the monsters, bandits and knights out there... Not to mention food supply, the terrains and place to stay..." he sighed, just thinking of all problems which lie ahead. "And this Requiem..." he added, touching his forehead. He looked troubled, thinking about it. Arcaia has been quiet for years now... Why did it appear...?