ArabianPrincess

Leetle Trees

I want one too! I'll be happy if all the users that missed it will have a chance to get one.

For new holidays, what do you think about a Woman's Day tree? I'd really love a leetle mimosa tree! wub.gif

PS: It seems that in english "mimosa" is another tree! Scientific name is "Acacia dealbata", here a picture.

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

Mother and Father's Day Leetle perhaps? :3

Wookie summed it up pretty well.

There's a definite plan in the works for them, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Plan?? O.o

Yay! I'm going to stay unlocked for the rest of my life until then, hehe ^^; Cept on halloween....

I want one too! I'll be happy if all the users that missed it will have a chance to get one.

For new holidays, what do you think about a Woman's Day tree? I'd really love a leetle mimosa tree! :wub:

PS: It seems that in english "mimosa" is another tree! Scientific name is "Acacia dealbata", here a picture.

Ooooo, that's very pretty c:

I'm specifically looking for holidays in the summer months, that way it's just not a leetle palm tree for three months XD No one seems to have any universal summer holiday :| Closest thing is the Solstice.

Could you do something for Beltane? It's a cross-quarter day, opposite Halloween. I've always thought it was interesting cultural custom.

I'm specifically looking for holidays in the summer months, that way it's just not a leetle palm tree for three months xd.png No one seems to have any universal summer holiday :| Closest thing is the Solstice.

Maybe because there's no "universal summer" xd.png spring is just starting here.

Mmmm... summer (winter here)... nope, no idea D:

Technically speaking, May Day is still in spring.

Though a leetle may pole tree would be cute xd.png

That's very true. I guess there just aren't many summer holidays.

Oh, I saw that in a scroll today... It's awesome!

Ooooo, that's very pretty c:

I'm specifically looking for holidays in the summer months, that way it's just not a leetle palm tree for three months xd.png No one seems to have any universal summer holiday :| Closest thing is the Solstice.

lol, historically people have been too busy to party in the summer, that's why there's more festivals in the winter, when there's nothing else to do.

Maybe some religious holidays? Since we have Christmas dragons, some other religions might be nice. I don't know anything specifically tree-related though.

lol, historically people have been too busy to party in the summer, that's why there's more festivals in the winter, when there's nothing else to do.

Maybe some religious holidays? Since we have Christmas dragons, some other religions might be nice. I don't know anything specifically tree-related though.

No.

Christmas/Halloween/Valentine's Day are only done because they are so widespread and, frankly, removed from their roots in the mainstream. The dragons themselves have no religious ties, and simply work with a spirit of good cheer or whatever.

Anything else would just not fly, as they cannot be so far removed from religious roots without losing all meaning and recognition.

Edited by Dr. Paine

No.

Christmas/Halloween/Valentine's Day are only done because they are so widespread and, frankly, removed from their roots in the mainstream. The dragons themselves have no religious ties, and simply work with a spirit of good cheer or whatever.

Anything else would just not fly, as they cannot be so far removed from religious roots without losing all meaning and recognition.

Sorry. I didn't mean to step on any toes.

I just thought that it would be nice for people from an non-Western background to have a familiar holiday celebrated here. Otherwise the game seems very Western-centric to me.

No.

Are you serious? Wow, way to be a censorkip.gif***.

Also, what about Easter? that seems to be a pretty commonly celebrated holiday and everything.

Attack the topic, not the member.

Please and Thank you.

Edited by _Z_

Are you serious? Wow, way to be a *******.

Also, what about Easter? that seems to be a pretty commonly celebrated holiday and everything.

Woah there, calm down.

Easter, for starters, is a Christian holiday. It celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the grave. It became commercialized by, and most likely for, the people who aren't Christian. Easter eggs? They have nothing to do with Easter itself.

For that reason, I will not do any tree that relates to a specific religious holiday.

The reason we have "Christmas" dragons is because the term Christmas no longer bears such strong ties to the religion of Christianity. The term Christmas has come to represent the holiday season, and a lot of people get their panties in a bunch of political correctness/whathaveyou. But the holiday dragon released on Christmas is not a blatant tribute to the religion of Christianity. They instead take colors or themes that are often associated with the season. Consider how many non-Christians celebrate Christmas. to them it's a time to get and give presents, get off work, and spend time with family. It's a holiday that has been commercialized far beyond its original meaning.

The Holly is based off the traditional Christmas colors, red, green, and gold. the only tie in to Christianity is gold, but hey, gold is a material and a color, and a lot of cultures use gold. Holly is also a plant.

Snow Angels sing, as Dis said. It's like the winter carols that have nothing to do with the religious holiday. For example, "Let it Snow" or "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer". And angels are found in multiple religions/cultures.

TLDR;

Christmas is such a commercialized holiday that the term has become used for the holiday season by many people. The dragons are not a tribute to a religion, but based off symbols associated with the season itself.

So dragons/trees based on religions are a firm no.

Easter is undisputably a Christian holiday, and I would hope that DC would be repectful to those of diferent faiths and not promote it over another, more universal choice. Yes, Christmas is a Christian holiday, but it is celebrated by many people who do not attribute it with a relgious connotation.

Easter dragon = DO NOT WANT. Christmas, okay, fine, good cheer and giving and stuff. But that's not what Easter is about at all. Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus and that's fine, but I, the little Jewish kid with the pixel dragons, don't really want that in my pixels.

Easter is undisputably a Christian holiday, and I would hope that DC would be repectful to those of diferent faiths and not promote it over another, more universal choice. Yes, Christmas is a Christian holiday, but it is celebrated by many people who do not attribute it with a relgious connotation.

That's why we had the Festival of Eggs.

Because painting eggs =/= Christian.

A couple people pointed this out in the Tiny Questions thread. In the sort page as well as the lineage and progeny pages, leetle trees change from Christmas trees to palm trees. On the code and actions pages, leetle trees change from Christmas trees to an autumn tree with red leaves, which are falling to the ground.

Has anybody else noticed them or noticed other trees popping up?

I believe this is the topic.

Excuse me for being a little ot, but eggs are strictly related to Easter. The early christians used to gift eggs to friends because it was a symbol of life, connected to Easter's significations. Many years after people started to paint eggs, and a lot of time after the sovereign of many countries asked to new Easter gifts, so their jewelers created eggs in precious metals and gems that contained a little gift (see Fabergé eggs). Basing on those precious eggs with surprises some confectioners started to make chocolate eggs with surprises (chocolate was precious too). So eggs are the symbol of Easter even if today they are only a sweet with a gadget.

I hope that after this explanation we'll have others Festival of eggs, and that I didn't ruine this! It's a very funny egg release (and I didn't had one).

For Summer holidays, all I can think about is "Ferragosto" (here), an Italian holiday. Wiki doesn't say that we have a lot of fireworks on the sea at midnight like on New Year's Day! It's a pity that you haven't! A firework-like tree would look nice! A sort of palm with brilliant and all-coloured leaves.

To get back on topic, I just read your little wizard and tree story, Kila. It was so cute! :3

As for summer holiday/trees, I really have no clue. ^.^;

Are you serious? Wow, way to be a censorkip.gif***.

Those are the rules. -shrug- Same as why there aren't any dragons allowed to be based on any culture or whatever, it's just too easy to get offensive. The only way it can work is if it can remain truly neutral.

Christmas dragons are related to the more modern, commercialized aspects. Same as Valentine's day, same as the Festival of Eggs. Eggs have long been a symbol of spring and renewal, and decorating them didn't start with Christian celebrations.

Sorry if the post came off as blunt or offensive, but I figured that needed to be said before too many people suggested anything that would just be too religious.

-cough-

Anyway... yeah, I'm done with that now. I'm still excited about the new leetle trees, I look forward to watching them change smile.gif Especially into winter, I'd love to have a ton of little snowy trees xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

The only thing I hope is not being locked in their next release xd.png (if there's one), I really want one of those...

On the Easter topic... Just to say how I live it, it is just another commercial day, eating chocolate and other sweets. I "became" atheist, so the only thing I care are the bunnies and the eggs, nothing else. What about a leetle tree with eggs, in that case? Nothing christian-related, something more neutral, like the egg-hunting of last year...

Relatively newer[citation needed] elements such as the Easter Bunny and Easter egg hunts have become part of the holiday's modern celebrations, and those aspects are often celebrated by many Christians and non-Christians alike.

This... pleaaaaaaaase? ):

Midsummer is a biiiig holiday here in Northern Europe and have nothing to do with Christianity.

Our Maypoles are more related to Midsummer here... Oh, how I would love to have one of those. (I can dream, can't I?)